Disco Elysium * New PC exclusive RPG * 9.6 on IGN

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10575 Posts

Not a good month for consolites, RDR2 coming to PC at the beginning of next month and a new high quality RPG with a current 90+ metacritic only on PC out now.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25674 Posts

Gotta say, this game is just insane. The writing alone takes it leagues above many other RPGs, and then on top of that, the choices! Nearly everything you do or say seems to affect characters and the way they behave. It's quite the achievement!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2676 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Console gamers begging for scraps like usual.

I just started this game last night, and it's pretty damn amazing, fyi.

Hermits have evolved it seems. Oh well In case games dont come to pc you guys can always beg at change.org. it always worked right?

@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:
@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:

Yet another indie game that will inevitably gets a console release.

Of course it will...after PC, otherwise it would have died even before it began due to cost of entry and no audience. You know as many devs said in the past PC gamers are more likely to try new experiences than console noobs that play the same 'Press X to win sequels' over and over again.

Hence why most popular PC games is free2play lootbox filled games like heartstone, CSGO, LoL, DoTA and even paid games PUBG. Not to mention falling for scams like Star Citizen.

Too bad we console owners get to play really amazing titles from really high quality 1st party developers and not playing F2P games on PC. Too bad.

All the games you mentioned have 100X the content and gameplay than your beloved console exclusive, press X to win. Funny your paid console games are often times even more broken and still contain predatory MTs/Lootboxes unlike those PC F2P games. Nevertheless that was besides the point that you couldn't counter.

Yes, too bad that you're playing your shitty press 'X' to win sequels from overrated 1st party devs whose only saving grace is presentation over and over again. You will never know variety or quality that's why new experiences only debut on PC anymore.

PC Master Race defending F2P. Any comments from @lundy86_4, @Zaryia? Probably not zaryia, he probably will defend MTX as well cause its PC 🙈🙈

We don't have to beg when your 'overlords' make exclusive games for PC over their consoles (MS) and Japan making exclusive games for PC than on consoles - you know a thing that never happened even in the 90's. It just goes to show that it's console gaming and consoles that are in the gutter and is just the place for predatory publishers like EA, Activision etc. Good devs dies on consoles as history has shown us.

PC gamers will defend all genres on PC that has actual 'gameplay', which majority of F2P on PC's do. I know you have a hard time understanding it because all you have is passive experiences being spoon fed by your first party devs.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 10187 Posts
@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Console gamers begging for scraps like usual.

I just started this game last night, and it's pretty damn amazing, fyi.

Hermits have evolved it seems. Oh well In case games dont come to pc you guys can always beg at change.org. it always worked right?

@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:
@pc_rocks said:

Of course it will...after PC, otherwise it would have died even before it began due to cost of entry and no audience. You know as many devs said in the past PC gamers are more likely to try new experiences than console noobs that play the same 'Press X to win sequels' over and over again.

Hence why most popular PC games is free2play lootbox filled games like heartstone, CSGO, LoL, DoTA and even paid games PUBG. Not to mention falling for scams like Star Citizen.

Too bad we console owners get to play really amazing titles from really high quality 1st party developers and not playing F2P games on PC. Too bad.

All the games you mentioned have 100X the content and gameplay than your beloved console exclusive, press X to win. Funny your paid console games are often times even more broken and still contain predatory MTs/Lootboxes unlike those PC F2P games. Nevertheless that was besides the point that you couldn't counter.

Yes, too bad that you're playing your shitty press 'X' to win sequels from overrated 1st party devs whose only saving grace is presentation over and over again. You will never know variety or quality that's why new experiences only debut on PC anymore.

PC Master Race defending F2P. Any comments from @lundy86_4, @Zaryia? Probably not zaryia, he probably will defend MTX as well cause its PC 🙈🙈

We don't have to beg when your 'overlords' make exclusive games for PC over their consoles (MS) and Japan making exclusive games for PC than on consoles - you know a thing that never happened even in the 90's. It just goes to show that it's console gaming and consoles that are in the gutter and is just the place for predatory publishers like EA, Activision etc. Good devs dies on consoles as history has shown us.

PC gamers will defend all genres on PC that has actual 'gameplay', which majority of F2P on PC's do. I know you have a hard time understanding it because all you have is passive experiences being spoon fed by your first party devs.

I think he's just regurgitating fanboy talking points.

F2P isn't even a genre, it's just a business model. Several amazing games are F2P.

He's confused I think.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18149 Posts

I can't remember the last time I laughed this much at a game's writing. My cop is such a colossal ****-up of a human being, and it's painfully obvious to everyone around him.

Having said that, it's equal parts comedy and tragedy. Some of your inner thoughts are *bleak*.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44800 Posts

Looks good. Saw this pop up on my "you might like" thing on Steam, didn't really take a look at it, but it definitely looks like something I might enjoy after seeing your post.

Loving this revival of the isometric, classic RPG game sub-genre.

@i_p_daily said:

OP is delusional, but that comes with being a hermit lol.

God damn you're salty. Tell me, where did the hermit touch you? What did they do to you that makes you cry?

You don't even really care about games, do you? You're just here to chew bubble gum and talk shit, and you're all out of bubble gum.

@pc_rocks said:
@speedytimsi said:
@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:

I wouldn't mind either. The more people have access to the game the better. Why would I have a problem if other people also get to play it?

The only instance where I have an issue is when devs try to dumb down the gameplay to broaden/accommodate consoles and neglect the original audience. Looking at you Crysis 2.

Pretty much how I feel.

If a game is good and successful, I see no reason it shouldn't go multiplatform, provided it comes out in its best form on PC first and then get's dumbed down for the console demographic.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DragonfireXZ95

@mrbojangles25: That's how I feel, which is why I wish some of those PS4 exclusives would just come to PC. If a game comes out only on PC that's good, then by all means, port it to the consoles so more people can play it. As long as the PC version is not compromised, do it just so more people can experience it. It's art; the more people exposed, the better.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 13282 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Looks good. Saw this pop up on my "you might like" thing on Steam, didn't really take a look at it, but it definitely looks like something I might enjoy after seeing your post.

Loving this revival of the isometric, classic RPG game sub-genre.

@i_p_daily said:

OP is delusional, but that comes with being a hermit lol.

God damn you're salty. Tell me, where did the hermit touch you? What did they do to you that makes you cry?

You don't even really care about games, do you? You're just here to chew bubble gum and talk shit, and you're all out of bubble gum.

Geez dude you come across as the salty one, I didn't even shit on the game just the OP for his/her delusional opinion which is par for the course for you hermits, the most delusional gaming fanbase there is.

Oh and you couldn't even be original in your insult, epic fail lol.

Better luck next time bo :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#59 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35815 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Yet another indie game that will inevitably gets a console release.

This is true. Exclusives for third party developers are for suckers.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5478 Posts

Haha this game is a trip. Wild.

@Planeforger said:

I can't remember the last time I laughed this much at a game's writing. My cop is such a colossal ****-up of a human being, and it's painfully obvious to everyone around him.

Having said that, it's equal parts comedy and tragedy. Some of your inner thoughts are *bleak*.

Same here. Some of the stuff is hilarious. I love the way your 'skills' form the basis of your inner monologue. It's an incredibly unique game that I think I'll have to play through a few times.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1438 Posts

Game looks like something that would have come out 20 years ago when I was in college. Limited game time means I can’t play everything, so if it doesn’t push the hardware I’m not interested.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DragonfireXZ95

@pyro1245 said:

Haha this game is a trip. Wild.

@Planeforger said:

Same here. Some of the stuff is hilarious. I love the way your 'skills' form the basis of your inner monologue. It's an incredibly unique game that I think I'll have to play through a few times.

I love how if you fail checks, he just goes into fight or flight mode. Some of the ensuing dialogue or actions is just hilarious. This, honestly, might be my GOTY.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54168 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

Game looks like something that would have come out 20 years ago when I was in college. Limited game time means I can’t play everything, so if it doesn’t push the hardware I’m not interested.

It pushes everything but hardware, which was seemingly the point.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Vaeh  Online
Member since 2016 • 570 Posts

Game of the year is written on this game.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 946 Posts

It's the first 10 out 10 this year on GS and it's a PC exclusive.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/disco-elysium-review-pure-dynamite/1900-6417354/

Damn PC gaming is smashing all the competition this gen.

Now we know what the next GOTY contender on GS.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#66 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5478 Posts

@vaeh said:

Game of the year is written on this game.

I see it!

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#67 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4426 Posts

I'll probably buy if on steam, these isometric stuff are my favorite games. I'm oldish, so that is probably why.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#68 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9723 Posts

too bad it doesn't count because its not a third-person cinematic action game with a massive marketing budget.

anyways, i'll likely pick this up this week sometime since I finished The Outer Worlds

Gamerno6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 Gamerno6666
Member since 2013 • 6971 Posts

@ivangrozny said:

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/disco-elysium-review-pure-dynamite/1900-6417354/

This deserves a separate thread. 10/10 games doesn't come around that often. You do the honors ivan.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1068 Posts

@ivangrozny: PC is full of Microtransactions riddled borefest. Matter of fact they started it.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By R-Gamer

@DragonfireXZ95: lol wtf are you talking about? You guys were the first to pay monthly premiums for trash like EQ and WoW!

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 5990 Posts
@r-gamer said:

@DragonfireXZ95: lol wtf are you talking about? You guys were the first to pay monthly premiums for trash like EQ and WoW!

paying for p2p online really hurts doesnt it

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 R-Gamer

@howmakewood: Not really. I've paid $50 a year and have saved about $400 on PSN sales.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2829 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@ivangrozny: PC is full of Microtransactions riddled borefest. Matter of fact they started it.

Mobile started it. Console started paid DLC. (MS)

tho yes, PC did have *optional* paid online gaming services back in late 90s.

R

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 39072 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:
@ivangrozny said:

This deserves a separate thread. 10/10 games doesn't come around that often. You do the honors ivan.

Yeah, feel free to make a thread on this cause it needs it's own theme around here ;)

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29505 Posts

PC gamers sure love that isometric view.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#77 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4426 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

All the rage a couple of decades ago.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DragonfireXZ95

@Bread_or_Decide said:

The isometric view has very little to do with this game. You're only proving your ignorance by saying stupid crap like that.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DragonfireXZ95
@howmakewood said:
@r-gamer said:

paying for p2p online really hurts doesnt it

You can sense the butthurt from him, eh?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 39072 Posts

Since TC has already made a new thread which I gave my approval, I'll be locking this thread now.