Digital Homicide now attempting to sue Valve

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59069 Posts

Sadness.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/digital-homicide-games-removed-steam

Update September 18, 2016: Digital Homicide has replied to Valve's official statement on removing the studio's games from Steam by pledging to seek legal action against the digital publishing platform for "over 100 infractions in need of litigation".

We had a look at the shady world of paid-for reviews a few months back.

The studio had all 18 of its games removed from the digital storefront on Friday night after issuing Valve a subpoena this week for customer details in order to pursue legal action against 100 users for "harassment and criminal impersonation".

"I'd like to give some context to [Valve communications director Doug Lombardi's] offficial statement: "Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers,"" the studio's statement reads. "What has actually transpired was a lack of resolution from Steam in regards to moderation of their platform which might sound like a tough job to do, but coming from a company that brags its profitability per employee is higher than google, it just shows a reckless disregard for for the well being of their community for profits."

The statement continues to assert that Valve's decision to remove their games from sale only sends a message that the harassment the studio was subject to is justifiable, but defending itself through litigation is not.

"By removing us they have taken the stance that users have the right to harass me, tell me I should kill myself, and insult my family," the unsigned statement continues. "If I try to defend myself against said actions then I lose my family's income. If it wasn't for 2 years of experience of dealing with Steam on a regular basis, this disgusting stance would seem shocking to me."

The author, again unknown though very likely co-founder James Romine who filed the original court documents in Arizona this week, then pledges to look into legal action against Valve for a myriad of corporate offences.

"The only thing that prevented me seeking legal counsel for a long list of breach of contracts, interference with business, and anti-trust issues was the fear of losing my family's income," the statement says. "Since that has been taken away I am seeking legal representation. The case will benefit from a long list of organized documentation of events that have happened over the past 2 years including dates, screenshots, emails, and more on over 100 infractions in need of litigation."

The statement concludes with a request for any legal counsel interested in taking on the case to contact the studio via an email address. The company's last attempted litigation against game critic Jim Sterling has yet to come to fruition as the crowdfunding for counsel is stalled at $425 of a $75,000 goal.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

These guys love to sue anybody and everybody lol.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

still doesn't top the crowdfunding for suing Sterling

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

You cant sue god. Dang heathens.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Valve will just try it up in so much legal stuff the guy simply won't be able to afford to carry on with the case.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#6 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Lol. They are trying to sue Valve and some users? Seems they have reached a new low.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

They are going to sue steam sales next

After that they'll sue icecream and puppy dogs.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

I'm curious, how do they possibly expect to serve the Steam users in the lawsuit?

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Such entitled pieces of shit.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I'm curious, how do they possibly expect to serve the Steam users in the lawsuit?

They wanted Valve to release user details.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Lol Digital Homicide..

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Digital Homicide?? More like career suicide! Am I right?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Just in case anyone is wondering about how bad Digital Homicide's games can really be.

Loading Video...

These guys deserve everything they get. (short of death threats)

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#15 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

How to NOT be a game developer.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

They are creating digital homicide by killing their own games. Or is that digital suicide?

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Ya go and bite the hand that feeds. Looks like the DH team is going to be looking for employment now

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Wow. Sounds like this guy needs some thicker skin. Some words on a screen has upset him so much he wants to sue people? LOL

Turn off your PC and walk away. No one forced him to read those comments. Don't like a websites rules? Don't go on it. Don't want to see nudity online? Don't go to those nude sites.

This is common sense that he just does not understand.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

@iandizion713: I know this is sarcasm. But you can sue God, actually.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuits_against_God

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@nygamespotter: Dammit. Not even god is safe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@lamprey263 said:

You file a motion in front of a judge for discovery, compelling valve to hand over information about users. Of course the judge has to agree and it costs money to do all of this. It seems like this company just doesn't have the money to litigate. Shame. I wouldn't mind seeing where this goes.

You can't honestly think they're justified for wanting to sue 100+ steam users over poor reviews of poor games. Please tell me you don't think that.

It was already dumb enough to try to go after Jim Sterling, then steam users. They'll drive themselves poor on this, if they can even find a lawyer.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@GarGx1: Thier sci-fi game looks like a rough Doom 3 clone....

Start-up Asian PC game developers has better ideas e.g. "eye candy" young women characters. Developers has to develop games that are pleasing to the human eyes i.e. it's text book marketing 101.

Most Asian visual novels on the PC has crappy game-play but the young anime women characters are pleasing to the human eyes....

I have looked DHS's game list from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Homicide_Studios and quickly browsed their game graphics and I have mostly negative view points.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Some people are like clouds. When they disappear, it becomes a brighter day.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34664 Posts

So... this developer is horrible at making games. People let them know they are. They are suing these people because they write negative things about their really horrible games. Valve don't like assholes like this company, so they removed their games from Steam. Now the dev is suing Valve for doing so. Am I missing or misunderstanding something here, or is this just really really stupid?

I hope Digital Homicide dies a quick death (the company, not the people of course) and that Valve never change their ways. I also hope the guy gets a job he can actually do, so that his family wont suffer even more for his stupidity.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Wow. Sounds like this guy needs some thicker skin. Some words on a screen has upset him so much he wants to sue people? LOL

Turn off your PC and walk away. No one forced him to read those comments. Don't like a websites rules? Don't go on it. Don't want to see nudity online? Don't go to those nude sites.

This is common sense that he just does not understand.

Exactly. What I do is that after the first negative comment about something, I just stop reading it entirely. Although if I made a game myself and people didn't like it, I would first drop the price and probably issue some explanation and apology for those that don't like it, perhaps make a quick demo so people can try it first. That way there is no excuse.

However if I could even make this much of a game, I could have come up with something other than a doom type clone. You can't go wrong with Cyberpunk or Blade Runner style games, it's niche and people gobble it up for some reason. Make it dark, rainy with flying cars mixed with older technology and for some reason people think it's good regardless.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I had not heard of this group of people until I saw a video recently on youtube about them suing people that made fun of their games. It sounds like DH does nothing more than spit out the same game over and over just in different ways for a cash grab, which is freaking hilarious.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

We all that they will fail miserably in their legal actions. With the same success they could sue Internet.