Digital Foundry Xbox One X Game Analysis Thread! (Sticky Please!)

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Loading Video...

what i got from the video is that the xbox on x version looks like is running at higher resolution,better texture filtering,better AA and shadows..

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#402 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@quadknight said:
@ronvalencia said:
@quadknight said:
@ronvalencia said:
@quadknight said:

@tdkmillsy: Dynamic 4K implied Dynamic resolution which every one knows isn’t Native 4K. The two marketing buzz words aren’t the same at all. MS flat out lied when they called they called their box a “True 4K” gaming machine. Sony called theirs a “Dynamic 4K” machine which implies checkerboarding and other techniques will be used to output at 4K.

With Wolfenstein 2,

X1X version has native 4K as it's upper limit.

PS4 version has 1440p as it's upper limit i.e. no attempts at native 4K. PS4 Pro is a 2K box.

For this game, X1X has twice the pixel count over PS4 Pro.

Wow, Wolfenstein must represent every game on the XboneX.

Lets pretend the rest of the games that run at sub4K on XboneX don't exist lol.

It's apple to apples comparison i.e. X1X has 4K upper limit and PS4 Pro has 1440p upper limit.

You have no credibility dude. You've been owned and purchased in this thread.

This is one of your many failed predictions about the XboneL. Remember when you claimed it would use Ryzen despite plenty evidence indicating otherwise? ? You still haven't apologized for that epic fail yet.

You have zero credibility since your not a developer since you didn't factor in a situation which has X1X has rivaled 1070. Note you have started a non-system war debate but engaged in personal based debate which means you have zero arguments.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ark-dev-talks-xbox-one-x-and-says-sony-wont-allow-/1100-6452662/

On the subject of the Xbox One X's horsepower, Stieglitz said Ark can run at the equivalent of "Medium" or "High" settings on PC. It can run at 1080p/60fps (Medium) or 1440p/30fps (High), and it sounds like developer Studio Wildcard may offer an option to switch between them.

For GTX 1070, medium settings 1080p resolution with 60 fps target starts at https://youtu.be/nIbiUd3l4PQ?t=20

Loading Video...

https://youtu.be/SoHfywz2fqA?t=136 RX-480's 1920x1080 medium result which failed 60 fps.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58011/ark-dev-xbox-one-pc-gtx-1070-16gb-ram/index.html

As for the comparisons between the PC and Xbox One X, he said: "If you think about it, it's kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It's kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it's equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that's a pretty good deal for $499".

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Jebus213 said:
@quadknight said:
@ronvalencia said:

It's apple to apples comparison i.e. X1X has 4K upper limit and PS4 Pro has 1440p upper limit.

This is one of your many failed predictions about the XboneL. Remember when you claimed it would use Ryzen despite numerous evidence indicating otherwise? ? You still haven't apologized for that epic fail yet.

Didn't he say the X1X was going to be as powerful as a GTX 1080 also at some point?

? Yes he did. He then dialed down to GTX 1070 after he met stiff resistance to his bullshit claims.

Bullshit.

To quote myself again

Vega NCU enabled Scorpio could gimp current PC GPUs without double rate FP16 feature.

The word enabled is conditional.

The word could is conditional.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/both-scorpio-and-pro-are-half-baked-4k-and-thats-p-33383816/?page=2

If Scorpio has Vega NCU, it would be faster than R9-390X.

That's conditional.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@ronvalencia:

? You're a complete joke. You think your spam covers up for the months of bullshit and lies you've been spreading? Everyone around here remembers your posts. Why are you trying to deny your lies? There's only one Ron on SW and he's our resident clown. You're the laughing stock of this place dude.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@quadknight said:

@tdkmillsy: Dynamic 4K implied Dynamic resolution which every one knows isn’t Native 4K. The two marketing buzz words aren’t the same at all. MS flat out lied when they called they called their box a “True 4K” gaming machine. Sony called theirs a “Dynamic 4K” machine which implies checkerboarding and other techniques will be used to output at 4K.

yout talking shit bro

Dynamic 4k is designed and used to make the average punter believe the console can do 4k gaming. Sony deliberately dont define what they mean because they want punters to believe its a native 4k gaming machine. Dynamic gaming could mean many different things and if it actually meant dynamic resolution that hits native 4k its a total lie. No games on PS4 Pro running dynamic resolution hit native 4k more than then odd blip.

^ ^ Says I'm talking shit then proceeds to type this nonsense. Only a lemming could come up with this horse shit lol.

From Sony's website on PS4 Pro: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4-pro/

@tdkmillsy - You just got served!

Teach me not to look, I stand corrected but it doesn't stop Sony advertising it as a 4k gaming machine (no mention of dynamic at all) in the latest adverts I'm seeing on my TV.

They both doing it yet Microsoft gets called deceitful.

Its business practice that a lot of companies use.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@quadknight said:
@ronvalencia said:
@quadknight said:

This is one of your many failed predictions about the XboneL. Remember when you claimed it would use Ryzen despite plenty evidence indicating otherwise? ? You still haven't apologized for that epic fail yet.

You have zero credibility since your not a developer since you didn't factor in a situation which has X1X has rivaled 1070. Note you have started a non-system war debate but engaged in personal based debate which means you have zero arguments.

A SITUATION..... wow.....A single situation and game...... PS4 actually beat a 750ti on Doom..... So is PS4 faster then a 750ti now?

There's always one off cases where a GPU punches above it's weight but you don't then claim said GPU is always on par..lmao.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By tdkmillsy

Not been on all weekend (decorating)

The deflection in this thread is awesome.

Something good is said about the Xbox One X and the 2-3 usual suspects pick on something not so good and shout louder to make that point heard or even worse claim they have no credibility.

Its like being in a playground.

The Xbox One X will not do Native 4k in every game, no console meets its designated advertised resolution (ps4 1080p Xbox one 1080p lol Ps4 Pro 4k). Pc running these games using dynamic resolution and try to keep an fps will not hit 4k 100% the time in a lot of graphic cards (including those that cost the same as Xbox One X) if you where to follow the school boys in this thread logic they wouldn't be 4k PC's neither.

The Xbox one X

Runs games in dynamic resolution and hits 4k native in the majority of games its runs for at least some and in some case quite a lot of the time. Dynamic resolution used by developers to easily distribute games across multiple platforms. Its gives up resolution to keep fps to the max it can be.

It has a gimped CPU compared to PC and will always lose in this area, hence the dynamic resolution being a good choice.

Has extra features and benefits other than resolution when comparing to PS4 Pro

Is being compared favourable to PC in some games

Is being compared to a 1070 GPU, how can you compare a GPU to a console.

Is a console to compete with PS4 Pro, not PC.

Is a good buy if considering a PC, but not if you have lots of money.

I'm sure someone will shout I have no credibility or its not a true 4k machine, I wont expect a civil reply in this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#408 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Where's the GT Sport review?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@quadknight said:
@ronvalencia said:
@quadknight said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ark-dev-talks-xbox-one-x-and-says-sony-wont-allow-/1100-6452662/

On the subject of the Xbox One X's horsepower, Stieglitz said Ark can run at the equivalent of "Medium" or "High" settings on PC. It can run at 1080p/60fps (Medium) or 1440p/30fps (High), and it sounds like developer Studio Wildcard may offer an option to switch between them.

For GTX 1070, medium settings 1080p resolution with 60 fps target starts at https://youtu.be/nIbiUd3l4PQ?t=20

Loading Video...

https://youtu.be/SoHfywz2fqA?t=136 RX-480's 1920x1080 medium result which failed 60 fps.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58011/ark-dev-xbox-one-pc-gtx-1070-16gb-ram/index.html

As for the comparisons between the PC and Xbox One X, he said: "If you think about it, it's kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It's kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it's equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that's a pretty good deal for $499".

So the developer retracted the statement that you threw around 24/7?... What did I tell you?... I said it was impossible to get NEAR epic settings 60FPS at 1080p with the X level of GPU, you responding with developer quotes.

Now the developer says medium at 1080p 60FPS and 1440p 30FPS high?... That's GTX 1060/ RX 580 area of performance. Let me guess you believe the framerate won't fluctuate in Ark on X?...

Loading Video...

EDIT:

Why are using a video from 2016 of the GTX 1070?... The 1070 plays ark on High at 1080p 60-70FPS.

Loading Video...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#410 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Didn't these same devs say they were going to use epic settings? Now it's medium/high?

Meanwhile the 1070 can average near 30 within a couple of frames using Epic settings across the board. If that's not an indication of which is more powerful, then I don't know what is.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Jebus213 said:
@quadknight said:

This is one of your many failed predictions about the XboneL. Remember when you claimed it would use Ryzen despite numerous evidence indicating otherwise? ? You still haven't apologized for that epic fail yet.

Didn't he say the X1X was going to be as powerful as a GTX 1080 also at some point?

? Yes he did. He then dialed down to GTX 1070 after he met stiff resistance to his bullshit claims.

Still waiting on those apologies...

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Zero_epyon: The hype machine thats all it was and Ron was running around using the developers words as if they were set in stone. Hype can make people believe in a lot of c***. I think the developers used best case scenario... Kinda of like Ryzen CPU's where in that 1 game or two beats Intel in gaming performance and then the other 90% of the time it gets s*** on.

I knew it was wrong the moment the announced Ark and said "near epic" at 1080p 60FPS... Something my GTX 1080 Ti struggles to do. Yet Ron took that info and ran. Ofcourse the developers dialed it back. Even gamers nexus mention its the same type of performance you would get from a desktop RX 480 when testing thermals.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By tdkmillsy

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@Zero_epyon: The hype machine thats all it was and Ron was running around using the developers words as if they were set in stone. Hype can make people believe in a lot of c***. I think the developers used best case scenario... Kinda of like Ryzen CPU's where in that 1 game or two beats Intel in gaming performance and then the other 90% of the time it gets s*** on.

I knew it was wrong the moment the announced Ark and said "near epic" at 1080p 60FPS... Something my GTX 1080 Ti struggles to do. Yet Ron took that info and ran. Ofcourse the developers dialed it back. Even gamers nexus mention its the same type of performance you would get from a desktop RX 480 when testing thermals.

Something that happens with every console release on every platform but from different people on here.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By QuadKnight

@goldenelementxl said:
@quadknight said:
@Jebus213 said:
@quadknight said:

Still waiting on those apologies...

? What kind of drugs were they on? How can anyone think a $500 console would give them that kind of performance? All the years of Xbone losing battles on SW made them lose their minds at the slightest hint of power.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

@quadknight: So angry. You going to be ok? Try getting out of mothers basement once in a while. ;)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By QuadKnight

@neversummer75 said:

@quadknight: So angry. You going to be ok? Try getting out of mothers basement once in a while. ;)

? Angry at what exactly? That my PC shits on your precious XboneX in power and plays all its games or that PS4 completely destroys it with games and sales?

Go cry yourself to sleep little lem. You lems are getting totally destroyed in this thread and you're damage controlling with lame middle school insults lol.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#417 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

*sniff sniff*

What is that horrid smell? Could it be bunch of Xbox fanboys who forgot to shower this week due to all this X1X excitement?

Well, they call it excitement. I call it unfounded hype over nothing. So there. Be told.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

*sniff sniff*

What is that horrid smell? Could it be bunch of Xbox fanboys who forgot to shower this week due to all this X1X excitement?

Well, they call it excitement. I call it unfounded hype over nothing. So there. Be told.

Says the guy with a pig as his user pic lol

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By tdkmillsy

NEWS FLASH - PC's costing double/treble more than Xbox One X perform better, gamers shocked.

Meanwhile DF making claims of PC features in games running on a console and making favourable comparisons to high end PC's in certain areas (high resolution textures for example).

End result = lots of shouting in this thread.

so funny

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#420 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

So happy with my X1X I went out and got a tattoo in celebration...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 Zero_epyon
Loading Video...

It's like Digital Foundry and NXGamer take turns or something.

Anyway, he didn't get to test the retail version of Pro but compared X to the beta footage he captured previously.

The Xbox One X runs at checkerboard 2160p. The beta version on pro runs at 1440p checkerboarded. The settings match the PC's high settings across all platforms with some settings scaled back depending on the level. The beta version on Pro did see drops in resolution while the X drops very rarely. AO is a bit different on the X than on high pc settings.

Ultra settings do very little to improve the visuals.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

It's funny, after the first Battlefront was launch for PS4 & Xbox One, the PS4 made the Xbox One look like a joke but now with Battlefront 2 and Xbox One X being the best, the tables have turn now.

How Ironic-Senator Palpatine

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Not sure if the Titanfall 2 X1X patch was already posted but just in case -

Following last week’s Titanfall 2 Xbox One X update, something was wrong with the game on Microsoft’s new console. The overall presentation of the game was better on the PS4 Pro while the XB1X has been equipped with substantial more powerful hardware. Developer Respawn assured that they were looking into it, and now they have released a small patch for Microsoft’s console to bump the resolution and framerate of the game. “A small patch has been deployed for Xbox Only to improve visuals and performance on Xbox One X”, reads Respawn Entertainment’s tweet.

While the update weighs in at only 24mb, it offers a noticeable difference in both performance and resolution. According to producer Drew McCoy, who goes by the name DKo5 on the Titanfall subreddit, the update improves the title’s framerate in the more demanding areas, and keeps the resolution (which is dynamic) higher.

https://wccftech.com/titanfall-2-xbox-one-x-patch-fps-resolution/

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

I like how every PS4 Pro fanboy claims to have a $3,000 PC just so they can try to feel empowered. Meanwhile in reality the Xbox One X poops on the PS4 Pro and continues to get comparisons to high end PC’s that cost 4 times the price of a Xbox One X.

Xbox One X is a monster

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 tdkmillsy

@BlackShirt20 said:

I like how every PS4 Pro fanboy claims to have a $3,000 PC just so they can try to feel empowered. Meanwhile in reality the Xbox One X poops on the PS4 Pro and continues to get comparisons to high end PC’s that cost 4 times the price of a Xbox One X.

Xbox One X is a monster

What else can they do, pretty much how its going to go until the announce a PS5 really.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

Xbox One X is a monster

The don't call it PS Bore Poo for nuttin ya know. lol

And likewise, They don't call it Mighty X1X MonsterBox MasterRace just for kicks. :P

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By Zero_epyon
Loading Video...

Can't do a summary. Will update later. It's improved though!

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

Xbox One X is a monster

There's nothing they can do.

At least you know who the "usual" suspects are, the hardcore cows that up until 2 months ago suddenly switched to being a hermit, yet die fighting for the honor of SONY.

it's pretty sad to watch, weren't cows shitting on hermits consistently over the past 2 years over their "exclusives"

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 Tessellation

@Zero_epyon said:
Loading Video...

Higher resolution then ps4 pro,better geometry and runs better than the ps4 pro version.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 QuadKnight

@BlackShirt20: You don’t need a $3000 PC to destroy XboneL. A $600-700 PC will beat the crap out of it easily. Don’t be mad you’re too broke to afford a decent PC and are stuck playing the wannabePC XboneL.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Tessellation said:
@Zero_epyon said:
Loading Video...

Higher resolution then ps4 pro,better geometry and runs better than the ps4 pro version.

Nearly solid 60fps now, with the odd single frame drop in busy areas. That on top of the resolution and image quality improvements is pretty impressive.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

Not really a DF but Jim Sterling gives his thoughts on Xbox One X and also talks about Super Lucky's Tale if anyone interested:

Loading Video...

In truth, I played little of Super Lucky's Tale due to lots of games I got distracted and it's really fun, but nothing groundbreaking and Jim basically said more then I could about the game.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 tdkmillsy

@quadknight said:

@BlackShirt20: You don’t need a $3000 PC to destroy XboneL. A $600-700 PC will beat the crap out of it easily. Don’t be mad you’re too broke to afford a decent PC and are stuck playing the wannabePC XboneL.

Rubbish, show me how I can build a PC the size, noise and heat performance of an Xbox One X that beats the crap out of it easily for $600-$700.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#434  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

So, this is happening on Twitter to give parents awareness if they're buying their child Star Wars Battlefront 2

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

So, this is happening on Twitter to give parents awareness if they're buying their child Star Wars Battlefront 2

Does Sony have the marketing rights for this one as they did in the first game? if they do it would make sense as it ties in nicely with their motto "this is for the payers" lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 DaVillain  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:

And what does this have to do with DF Xbox One X thread? Were you supposed to post this in the lounge?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437  Edited By QuadKnight

@tdkmillsy said:
@quadknight said:

Rubbish, show me how I can build a PC the size, noise and heat performance of an Xbox One X that beats the crap out of it easily for $600-$700.

What does noise and heat level have to do with performance?

? You lems have lost your damn minds.

Here you go from PC gamer....

The Ryzen 3 CPU destroys the CPU on XboneX and the RX 580 is on par with the GPU on XboneX. The 8GB memory isn't shared with the GPU like the 12GB GDDR5 on XboneX either. This build will give you Native 4K and none of the upscaled or dynamic 4K bullshit on XboneX.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 Tessellation

lol that i_can_haz hiding behind pc to hide the shit ps4 pro is next to the xbox one x.. that most be because of too many banned accounts too...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439  Edited By tdkmillsy

@quadknight:

That case is more than twice the size of Xbox One X

No UHD Blu drive

no keyboard mouse or controller

Noise is very important if its going in the front room

Heat is very important (as is size) if its going in entertainment/av cabinet of some sort in the front room.

Only a 1080 ti GPU would have any chance of giving native 4k in every game, a 580 has no chance. To imply it can do native 4k when it cant for all games just the same the Xbox One X is bullshit. Where possible your very likely to turn on dynamic resolution to keep the fps on this system.

I was actually interested as I haven't bought an Xbox One X, Pro or new PC yet but its to go in my front room (as is most consoles) and needs to fit where my Xbox One goes now (in an entertainment cabinet).

You simply cant do it without spending mega money.

90%+ of gamers probably dont know or wouldn't want to build a PC.

Consoles and PC are simply not the same thing. You can spend mega money $1000+ on a PC and get better performance or a form factor that competes with console or you can buy a console.

I come accross as a Xbox fanboy on this forum cos its a bit of fun, but I come from a PC background and would like to go back. But I find myself having to pick from pro or Xbox One X. The pro cos I've not owned a PS4 for more than 2 months (lots of games I not played) and the X cos its best console going. I dont have the space (as most dont) for a PC platform.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440  Edited By QuadKnight

@tdkmillsy said: No UHD Blu drive

Unnecessary for gaming and UHD in XboneX is shit anyways just stream. This and smaller form factor are literally the real only advantages I can see from your whole rant that the XboneX has over a PC.

Heat is very important (as is size) if its going in entertainment/av cabinet of some sort in the front room.

There are many different solutions that exist for PC that can deal with heating and noise problems. That's the beauty of building a PC, you can build one that suits whatever requirement you need. This isn't a valid argument you're bringing up.

Are you seriously using this argument in 2017?

Only a 1080 ti GPU would have any chance of giving native 4k in every game, a 580 has no chance. To imply it can do native 4k when it cant for all games just the same the Xbox One X is bullshit. Where possible your very likely to turn on dynamic resolution to keep the fps on this system.

Please educate yourself about graphics cards instead of spewing bullshit like this. You're embarrassing yourself. 1080Ti is required for 4K Ultra PC settings at 60fps. The Xbone isn't capable of running native 4K in most games and even when it does do so it doesn't run them at ultra settings or anywhere close to 60fps. The 580/Ryzen build will give you 4K native at medium/high settings at 30fps in pretty much any game and will run games at 1440p/60fps at High/Ultra Settings. That's beyond the XboneX.

Where did you pull this number from, your ass?

Consoles and PC are simply not the same thing. You can spend mega money $1000+ on a PC and get better performance or a form factor that competes with console or you can buy a console.

Or you can buy a PC for $600-700 and play the same games on Xbone for cheaper while saving on not having to pay for XBL. There's nowhere that it says you need to spend a $1000 on a PC.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@quadknight said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@quadknight said:

The Ryzen 3 CPU destroys the CPU on XboneX and the RX 580 is on par with the GPU on XboneX. The 8GB memory isn't shared with the GPU like the 12GB GDDR5 on XboneX either. This build will give you Native 4K and none of the upscaled or dynamic 4K bullshit on XboneX.

Try Harder! That thing is a joke!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442  Edited By QuadKnight

@rrjim1 said:
@quadknight said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@quadknight said:

Try Harder! That thing is a joke!

Not as much of a joke as the XboneX is.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By tdkmillsy

@quadknight said:

@tdkmillsy said: No UHD Blu drive

Unnecessary for gaming and UHD in XboneX is shit anyways just stream. This and smaller form factor are literally the real only advantages I can see from your whole rant that the XboneX has over a PC.

There are many different solutions that exist for PC that can deal with heating and noise problems. That's the beauty of building a PC, you can build one that suits whatever requirement you need. This isn't a valid argument you're bringing up.

Are you seriously using this argument in 2017?

Please educate yourself about graphics cards instead of spewing bullshit like this. You're embarrassing yourself. 1080Ti is required for 4K Ultra PC settings at 60fps. The Xbone isn't capable of running native 4K in most games and even when it does do so it doesn't run them at ultra settings or anywhere close to 60fps. The 580/Ryzen build will give you 4K native at medium/high settings at 30fps in pretty much any game and will run games at 1440p/60fps at High/Ultra Settings. That's beyond the XboneX.

Where did you pull this number from, your ass?

Or you can buy a PC for $600-700 and play the same games on Xbone for cheaper while saving on not having to pay for XBL. There's nowhere that it says you need to spend a $1000 on a PC.

keyboard+mouse - not really :)

You talk about different solutions available to PC but small form factor, heat reduction and noise usually equal more cost.

I'm educated enough I was questioning your wording, you implied 580/Ryzen could run 4k for all games satisfactorily. If you make the same adjustments to the games running on Xbox One X you aint going to be far away. The two systems performance wise might not be a million miles from each other, although I'll reserve judgement until I see benchmarks. The downside to console is the developer makes the choice of the settings and gamers have very view options. Certainly a plus for PC, like I said I like PC.

So you have shown if

you dont mind and have the room for a larger case that probably makes more noise

Dont need a UHD blu ray drive (its early and getting sorted so shit anyways doesnt cut it)

Dont mind the differences (sometime issues) that a PC brings, the idea of console is buy it plug it in and go (although there are more hoops than ever to get it going).

Pay more upfront

Possibly have less value, totally depends on if you like the free games with Xbox Live, what games you buy, how many etc, etc, too many to list.

Are happy that the 580/Ryzen will be out of date/have limitations with certain games in 2 years.

You can get a PC with 580/Ryzen for a similar experience and the flexibility to play the games how you want, possibly get cheaper games (especially if you buy new release games) and may get some extras in having a Windows PC.

I really want to go back to PC gaming but you haven't really sold it to me. I dont have $1000+ (I'm in uk so £1k to me) of disposable income and the gain on buying a PC over Xbox One X isnt that great, DF in their videos are saying its competing well considering the extra cost.

The general consumer will go into a store buy a PC or console off the shelf and take it home and use it. 90% is an educated guess of everyone thats bought a PC and console that only 10% are actual custom build PC's. You really think its much different? I actually thought it was less than 10%.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445  Edited By Phazevariance

@quadknight said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@quadknight said:

No PC gamer would buy such a low end PC with such cheap quality parts. That is also missing a 4K bluray drive, and is not capable of Dolby Atmos or DTS:X audio. It is also missing the cost for keyboard, mouse, controller, cables, and perhaps even a monitor. Even with all of those missing, it still costs MORE than an xbox one x. No matter how you spin it, X1X is a great deal for the power and features that you get at that price point.

Top that off with the fact that it runs a full blown windows OS, means that a good chunk of the system resources like RAM and CPU are used to run the OS, so while the hardware itself looks to be "on par" with the x1x, it actually will perform worse in real world usage/gaming.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446  Edited By Zero_epyon

@Phazevariance said:
@quadknight said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@quadknight said:

No PC gamer would buy such a low end PC with such cheap quality parts. That is also missing a 4K bluray drive, and is not capable of Dolby Atmos or DTS:X audio. It is also missing the cost for keyboard, mouse, controller, cables, and a monitor. Even with all of those missing, it still costs MORE than an xbox one x. No matter how you spin it, X1X is a great deal for the power and features that you get at that price point.

Do people ever include the TV when factoring in console costs?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@Phazevariance said:
@quadknight said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@quadknight said:

No PC gamer would buy such a low end PC with such cheap quality parts. That is also missing a 4K bluray drive, and is not capable of Dolby Atmos or DTS:X audio. It is also missing the cost for keyboard, mouse, controller, cables, and a monitor. Even with all of those missing, it still costs MORE than an xbox one x. No matter how you spin it, X1X is a great deal for the power and features that you get at that price point.

or a keyboard and mouse?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By QuadKnight

@Zero_epyon said:
@Phazevariance said:
@quadknight said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Rekt.

Another shitty argument destroyed.

I like how he mentions no PC gamer would build a PC with such low end parts like people don't build cheap PCs all the time.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449  Edited By Phazevariance

@drlostrib said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Phazevariance said:
@quadknight said:

or a keyboard and mouse?

You need a keyboard and mouse to operate the PC, don't be daft.

And yeah, you can ignore the monitor then, but the other parts still add to that 'cost' and still miss the features x1x has. I mean, even if you go dirt cheap with an hdmi cable of like $10, kb+m for $20 each, that's still another $50 on top pushing this "equivalent" pc to nearly $750 while still not able to pull off 4K bluray playback or the position based audio tracks. You guys kid yourself thinking that this PC is a better option.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 Phazevariance

@quadknight said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Phazevariance said:
@quadknight said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Here you go from PC gamer....The Ryzen 3 CPU destroys the CPU on XboneX and the RX 580 is on par with the GPU on XboneX. The 8GB memory isn't shared with the GPU like the 12GB GDDR5 on XboneX either. This build will give you Native 4K and none of the upscaled or dynamic 4K bullshit on XboneX.

Rekt.

Another shitty argument destroyed.

I like how he mentions no PC gamer would build a PC with such low end parts like people don't build cheap PCs all the time.

Lol, if you think that 'rekt' my comment, you totally didn't read the other points. All of the below are required to be equal:

+ HDMI Cable ($10)
+ Keyboard and Mouse ($40)
+ Controller ($60)
= $693 + $10 + $40 + $60
= $803 !!

- No Dolby Atmos
- No DTS:X
- No 4K Bluray Capabilities
- RAM/CPU gobbled up by full OS background services

Does that PC that was spec'd even include the case fans and CPU fan? Who knows, probably not. Feels like you guys have never built a PC before. You don't just go to the store and buy this kind of thing without getting all the required components to turn it on. All of that included in the X1X for a cheaper $499.99 price.

Last time I checked... $500 is less than $800.