Digital Foundry opinion on MS harsh DRM ( xbox series, basically becomes a paperweight or E-waste)

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Dark 1x at DF SAYS

that raises the other concern again just puts back in the spotlight the fact that the system if you have an xbox one or xbox series console, i think xbox one that's been factory reset or its a new console and their server is not available you can't set it up , so its bascially like uh a paperweight or E-waste

I am so glad that Nintendo and Sony doesn't follow these harsh drm policies that MS does. I am glad that my hard copies of games don't rely the internet to be played, unlike the XBOX series

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12793 Posts

I don't like that Sony and MS have DRM. It's the thieves that ruin it for everyone.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 daredevils2k

@x_hedon said:

I don't like that Sony and MS have DRM. It's the thieves that ruin it for everyone.

Sony's isnt' that harsh, you're still able to play your hard copy of games with out checking with servers, unlike MS. DF seems like the way that Sony and Nintendo handles DRM.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11006 Posts

Xboners don't care. It's not like Xbox has games anyway.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7151 Posts

I play my Xbox Series X games offline just fine.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16519 Posts

DRM? Lol what does that even mean? How does that affect the normal user who is playing on gamepass or playing their game off a disc?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:

Sony's isnt' that harsh, you're still able to play your hard copy of games with out checking with servers, unlike MS. DF seems like the way that Sony and Nintendo handles DRM.

Sadly, some of the games on the PS don't work offline either. Disc or digital. I wish Sony and MS would look into their DRM practice and find a way to improve it.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 daredevils2k

@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:

Sadly, some of the games on the PS don't work offline either. Disc or digital. I wish Sony and MS would look into their DRM practice and find a way to improve it.

can you post a link to that? because as of now its just GT7

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
Loading Video...

Dark 1x at DF SAYS

that raises the other concern again just puts back in the spotlight the fact that the system if you have an xbox one or xbox series console, i think xbox one that's been factory reset or its a new console and their server is not available you can't set it up , so its bascially like uh a paperweight or E-waste

I am so glad that Nintendo and Sony doesn't follow these harsh drm policies that MS does. I am glad that my hard copies of games don't rely the internet to be played, unlike the XBOX series

Awesome. Xbox, GTFO from gaming industry. Xbox and Xbox community ( yuck ) will ruin gaming industry.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mowgly1
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:

Don't trust this Xbox fans whatever he said. He will try to screw your brain. He always trying to hid Xbox crap mentioning PS5. Also, GT7 can be played offline. Not the full portion of the game, but it can be played

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:

Sure, just Google it. Many people have had issues with PS4/PS5 games not working offline, even when PSN has gone down.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:

Don't trust this Xbox fans whatever he said. He will try to screw your brain. He always trying to hid Xbox crap mentioning PS5. Also, GT7 can be played offline. Not the full portion of the game, but it can be played

I too wouldn't trust biased PS or Xbox fans. That is why it's great to be a manticore like me.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

It's always worth pointing out that you do not have full control over your proprietary gaming console. Doesn't matter which corporation you are working with.

If you really care about preserving your games for the future then you will figure out a way to back up the data and bypass the DRM if necessary.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mowgly1

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:

I too wouldn't trust biased PS or Xbox fans. That is why it's great to be a manticore like me.

I'm biased PS fan, but at least i'm not spewing shit and trying to hid Xbox fails and shits behind PS5, which, of course, PS5 doesn't have any. YOU ARE PATHETIC.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:

I'm biased PS fan, but at least i'm not spewing shit and trying to hid Xbox fails and shits behind PS5, which, of course, PS5 doesn't have any. YOU ARE PATHETIC.

But all you do is spew shit. And yes, PS5 has DRM. I would recommend you stop lying.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

But all you do is spew shit. And yes, PS5 has DRM. I would recommend you stop lying.

PS5 doesn't have DRM in any way like Xbox ( AS POINTED OUT BY DIGITAL FOUNDRY TOO ), so, cut the crap or GTFO. You literally trying to twist what Digital Foundry said

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

PS5 doesn't have DRM in any way

There you go again, lying.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mowgly1

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

Deliberately cut the rest of my post and twisting it. Pathetic Xbox human creature.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Deliberately cut the rest of my post and twisting it. Pathetic Xbox human creature.

Nah. Some games also don't work offline on PS4/PS5 sadly. Sony has DRM and it's crippling gaming.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

Nah. Some games also don't work offline on PS4/PS5 sadly. Sony has DRM and it's crippling gaming.

Some games like F2P games on PS5. LOL No shit, Sherlock. On Xbox ALL games didn't worked. You, xBOX fans and Xbox fucked up gaming industry.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69111 Posts

This issue was present since the platform inception and now folks are acting surprised?🤣 We even had a thread on it in this forum almost 2 years ago.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Some games like F2P games on PS5. LOL No shit, Sherlock. On Xbox ALL games didn't worked. You, xBOX fans and Xbox fucked up gaming industry.

Why are you lying again. 🤡

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KvallyX

@Pedro said:

This issue was present since the platform inception and now folks are acting surprised?🤣 We even had a thread on it in this forum almost 2 years ago.

Mowgly1 doesn’t like people enjoying multiple platforms. He doesn’t actually care about DRM.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

We are just missing 1 Xbox apologist in this thread. I’m sure his damage conTroll senses are tingling, though

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Cow meltdowns are the best 🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KvallyX

@goldenelementxl said:

We are just missing 1 Xbox apologist in this thread. I’m sure his damage conTroll senses are tingling, though

Let us know when they all get here!

I wonder how they and the cows will react? Good thing when I was playing Nier Replicant at my cabin this weekend (we don‘t have internet at our cabin) on my Xbox, it worked smooth as silk.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44005 Posts

Don’t we already have a thread on this topic?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 daredevils2k

I've never seen so many lems in damage control mode before. I guess DF opinion of MS very harsh DRM policy has made them go bonkers.

I want to take this time to say thank you, Sony and Nintendo for being there for us gameers. You two really care for us

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46022 Posts

@x_hedon said:

Maybe if companies weren't this scummy there would be less thieves?

Who's wrong for not willing to line a CEO's pockets with silver?

Devs get hired, get fired once the project is done and never seen their names in any credit.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9481 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:

Sure, just Google it. Many people have had issues with PS4/PS5 games not working offline, even when PSN has gone down.

I have never once had a problem playing a PS4 or PS5 game while being offline unless it was an online only game, which those do exist. Now forced patches are another issue, sometimes you have to connect online to update the game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KvallyX

@R4gn4r0k said:
@x_hedon said:

Maybe if companies weren't this scummy there would be less thieves?

Who's wrong for not willing to line a CEO's pockets with silver?

Devs get hired, get fired once the project is done and never seen their names in any credit.

While what you say is true there still should never ever be theft.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43942 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

lol :P

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

That Mowgly guy seems like he'd be fun at parties.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 278 Posts

@mowgly1: Relax…

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8812 Posts

@daredevils2k: Good. Stay off the XBox, and don't comment on it going forward.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 daredevils2k

@dabear said:

but who else will point out all the faults of the xbox ?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

True. We need to even the playing field. Some need to point out the faults of PlayStation, and some need to point out the faults of Xbox.

Sounds like Even Steven!

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 daredevils2k

@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

True. We need to even the playing field. Some need to point out the faults of PlayStation, and some need to point out the faults of Xbox.

Sounds like Even Steven!

Exactly!! because knowing is half the battle

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:
@dabear said:

Sounds like Even Steven!

Exactly!! because knowing is half the battle

Yup. I’m here to help.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13637 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:

Why are you spinning this, like it's a good thing?

In excess of 95% plus of the $70 game, GT7 is not accessible offline. :-S

"In fact, there are only four game modes in GT7 that you can play in offline mode. Drift Trial, Music Rally, Single Race, and Time Trial are your only gameplay options if you want to go off the grid.

Even worse is the fact that you can’t unlock any vehicles while offline. You’re completely locked into a list of 13 different cars"

https://twinfinite.net/2022/03/is-gran-turismo-7-playable-offline-answered/

So basically the game turns into a demo when offline... For a $70 game. But that's okay, because you're a fan of the company.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4346 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@daredevils2k said:
@x_hedon said:
@daredevils2k said:

"In fact, there are only four game modes in GT7 that you can play in offline mode. Drift Trial, Music Rally, Single Race, and Time Trial are your only gameplay options if you want to go off the grid.

Even worse is the fact that you can’t unlock any vehicles while offline. You’re completely locked into a list of 13 different cars"

So basically the game turns into a demo when offline... For a $70 game. But that's okay, because you're a fan of the company.

dam that was a burn

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mowgly1

Music to my ears. Xbox is shit

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mowgly1
@firedrakes said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@daredevils2k said:

dam that was a burn

Lol. Which burn? On crappy Xbpx you couldn't even play the damn games when XBL was down. At least you can play that GT7 "demo" indefinitely offline. Take an L, Xbox fans, and take Xbox underground with you

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KvallyX

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

Holy shit. R E K T!

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

Holy shit. R E K T!

Holy shit, Rekt! Xbox fans are dumb

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

Holy shit. R E K T!

I am not too worried about Xbox fans personally. But you do you.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

Holy shit. R E K T!

I am not too worried about Xbox fans personally.

You should, Kvally, you really should.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

I am not too worried about Xbox fans personally.

You should, Kvally, you really should.

Nah, I will leave that to you cows. I like my manticore life.