Digital Foundry on Why Can't Destiny 2 Run at 60fps on PS4 Pro?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1073 Posts

They also say the Scorpio has the same CPU bottleneck.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 1073 Posts

So what's the problem with 30fps, or are we still pretending than anything under 60 is unplayable?

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

They said it could hit 60fps if it used dedicated servers. Xbox Live is ready PlayStation holding gaming back again.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter  Online
Member since 2016 • 5801 Posts

@oflow: It's activisions choice and has nothing to do with Sony nor MS, please take the fanboy stupidity goggles off from now on k?

Avatar image for deactivated-593cdba6e9a93
deactivated-593cdba6e9a93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-593cdba6e9a93
Member since 2017 • 78 Posts

They have no way of knowing how it will run on Scorpio, people taking Digital Foundry's word as gospel even though they've been wrong in the past

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1073 Posts

@nitropd said:

They have no way of knowing how it will run on Scorpio, people taking Digital Foundry's word as gospel even though they've been wrong in the past

They say that the pro is held back buy the CPU the Scorpio is using the same CPU so that is what there going with when they say both will struggle

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990  Online
Member since 2013 • 9041 Posts

@tjandmia said:

So what's the problem with 30fps, or are we still pretending than anything under 60 is unplayable?

720p is also playable. It's still shit.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tjandmia

@Juub1990: Still looks good on tv at normal viewing distance.. Might not look as good at higher res if you're one of those weirdos who sits in front of a pc a foot from a monitor.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 1254 Posts

@nitropd said:

But they were at Redmond and they saw a Scorpio. So, i'm pretty sure that they know what they are talking about.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3425 Posts

@Addict187 said:
@nitropd said:

They say that the pro is held back buy the CPU the Scorpio is using the same CPU so that is what there going with when they say both will struggle

Not true.

Microsoft claim this 8 "custom" X86 cores @ 2.3GHz

Sony claim this 8 Jaguar cores @ 2.1GHz

Will the CPU turn out to be better we have to wait and see. And you also forgetting the pro version mostly likely will be upscaled to 4k. Scorpio version will be 4k native/true 4k. And i bet the Scorpio version will be using 4K texture packs. Pro high settings at 4k.

I have my doubts Scorpio destiny 2 will be 4k 60fps, still the Scorpio version will always look or perform better till Sony releases a new console.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54620 Posts

Ha, what a waste of time the Pro has largely been. Jesus, we should have gone a few more years and gotten full next-gen releases.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29639 Posts

The ps4 pro is useless.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It's an Activision problem. Destiny 2 looks like shit graphically compared to the other AAA shooters on consoles. BF1 looks a million times better than Destiny 2 and offers 64 player battles, destructible environments, and huge explosion at 60fps. I'm guessing the game looks like shit and runs at 30fps for the same reason it's still using p2p instead of dedicated servers, and it's because Activision know they can release shit in a can with a Destiny 2 label on it and people will still buy it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36356 Posts

If people remember when the first game was releasing that Bungie talked about their goal for parity across platforms. They wanted everyone regardless of platform to feel like they were playing the same game. I don't see why now would be any different, exception to the PC version, if they released a locked 30fps game on PC we all know what would happen, they'd act like the biggest victims in the world.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11190 Posts

Destiny is crap now that the Scorpio shows how weak the PS4 is.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Juub1990  Online
@quadknight said:

BF1 looks a million times better than Destiny 2 and offers 64 player battles, destructible environments, and huge explosion at 60fps.

Sure, on PC.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#18 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@vfighter: exactly. Xbox Live has dedicated servers available for devs if they chose to use them. PSN doesn't. Devs don't use them because they make the game cater to the weakest link, in this case out of the three, PSN is the weakest link.

Dont be mad PSN sucks. There's nothing fanboy about it.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Damn, i thought fanboys were paying for them dedicated servers. Wtf fam?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 29532 Posts

@oflow said:

They said it could hit 60fps if it used dedicated servers. Xbox Live is ready PlayStation holding gaming back again.

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

2.3GHz is not much better than 2.1ghz and certainly not enough to keep 60FPS on destiny.

By the way Destiny is 1080p on both xbox one and PS4 so if any one is holding back consoles is bungie not sony it already happen.

@nitropd said:

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa Dude Scorpio is even more bottleneck CPU wise then Pro.

@loe12k said:

Not true.

Will the CPU turn out to be better we have to wait and see. And you also forgetting the pro version mostly likely will be upscaled to 4k. Scorpio version will be 4k native/true 4k. And i bet the Scorpio version will be using 4K texture packs. Pro high settings at 4k.

I have my doubts Scorpio destiny 2 will be 4k 60fps, still the Scorpio version will always look or perform better till Sony releases a new console.

You mean like MS call Partially Resident textures,Tiled resources and try to act as if it was something different.? How about DME (also knows as DMA in AMD GPU's) again to try to claim something different.

It is a Jaguar clocked 31% faster and the only reason MS claim 8 customized cores is to fool morons as your self who will argue any shit and bring the most pathetic arguments in order to defend MS.

Is a Jaguar CPU at 2.3ghz just like the Pro with 200mhz more barely enough for 4 frames more...lol

You mean like many games are truly 1080p and they are 900p or 720p on xbox one and fanboys like you Hell no you in your other alt accounts didn't care..lol

Yes and most xbox fans will have a shitty experience as most xbox fans have an xbox one,not a Scorpio and scorpio doesn't magically make games run in 4k on xbox one,so yeah most people will be stock with the worse version on xbox one.

Not that you have care about it for the last 3+ years hypocrite.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By QuadKnight
@Juub1990 said:
@quadknight said:

BF1 looks a million times better than Destiny 2 and offers 64 player battles, destructible environments, and huge explosion at 60fps.

Sure, on PC.

Nah, even on the Pro it runs really well. Lowest I get is in the high 40s even on the most stressful scenarios.

The framerate on the Pro is really good for console standards on BF1. Look at the digital foundry analysis...

Loading Video...

^ ^ This was even before the latest patch which improves performance even further.

Bungie have no excuses if DICE can do this on the PS4 Pro. Sad Bungie can't even do 60fps in the 4 vs 4 Crucible mode on Destiny 2, laughable.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2126 Posts

DF is being a bit kind to Bungie here. Battlefield latest patch has better performance then there old comparison on the pro. Scorpio should be even closer to a 60fps mode. Dice are prolific at cpu efficiency, champions of proper utilization of low level apis early on. Deploying many cpu task that other engines use to the gpu. It feels like Destiny will be a 60fps game on consoles if Dice made it just like Battlefront. To be fair to Bungie though its not easy to deliver 60fps with the consoles cpus and who knows maybe there engine does all it can.

The Surge is a great example of improved engine that cut down cpu demand. Key updates from Lord of the fallen Moved there particle system to the gpu and asynchronous shaders.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tormentos

@lundy86_4 said:

Ha, what a waste of time the Pro has largely been. Jesus, we should have gone a few more years and gotten full next-gen releases.

Well the pro is not a full gen release and you haven't care about the xbox one shitty performance in 3+ years either lundy.

The pro is for people who want something better which really is over the PS4.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

The ps4 pro is useless.

Scorpio will be even more a few more TF don't change how shitty the line up of games is on it,and having the same CPU as the Pro Scorpio is even more bottleneck CPU wise.

@kuu2 said:

Destiny is crap now that the Scorpio shows how weak the PS4 is.

You didn't see the video do you..hahahaaaha

Scorpio has the same CPU as the pro with 200mhz more,that gap is not even enough for 5FPS difference on a bigger IPC CPU let alone a jaguar.

So like i say 100 times and no one believe me if the Pro is bottleneck with a 2.1ghz CPU and a 4.2TF GPU having a 43% increase in power over 4.2TF with only 10% increase in CPU power will bottleneck scorpio even more..

PS. I told you so lemmings...lol

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Juub1990  Online

@quadknight: It runs at 45-50 most of the time. Wouldn't call that 60 and that inconsistent frame rate is awful. I'd rather have a locked 30 than a frame swinging from 37 to 60.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lundy86_4
@tormentos said:

Well the pro is not a full gen release and you haven't care about the xbox one shitty performance in 3+ years either lundy.

The pro is for people who want something better which really is over the PS4.

Stop talking to me. I'd rather have a conversation with a potato.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By loe12k

@tormentos said:

@loe12k said:

Not true.

You mean like many games are truly 1080p and they are 900p or 720p on xbox one and fanboys like you Hell no you in your other alt accounts didn't care..lol

Yes and most xbox fans will have a shitty experience as most xbox fans have an xbox one,not a Scorpio and scorpio doesn't magically make games run in 4k on xbox one,so yeah most people will be stock with the worse version on xbox one.

Not that you have care about it for the last 3+ years hypocrite.

Take a break from System wars, all you do is attack people. And from what i see, you ramble way too much you sure it not an illness?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 QuadKnight

@Juub1990 said:

@quadknight: It runs at 45-50 most of the time. Wouldn't call that 60 and that inconsistent frame rate is awful. I'd rather have a locked 30 than a frame swinging from 37 to 60.

Nah, that analysis was even before the latest performance patch. Now it rarely ever drops to 40s. It's mostly in the 50s now even in the most stressful situations. Bungie really have no excuses, DICE have put them to shame.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tormentos

@oflow said:

@vfighter: exactly. Xbox Live has dedicated servers available for devs if they chose to use them. PSN doesn't. Devs don't use them because they make the game cater to the weakest link, in this case out of the three, PSN is the weakest link.

Dont be mad PSN sucks. There's nothing fanboy about it.

Having the game on servers will not increase the frames to 60FPS what the fu** are you smocking...

No developers don't use server because MS charge for them,and if you want them free you have to make a deal and fu** the PS4 version either as time exclusivity or exclusive content,which is why developer give the finger to MS.

No PSN doesn't suck blind fanboys as your self do.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 loe12k

@quadknight said:
@Juub1990 said:
@quadknight said:

Sure, on PC.

Nah, even on the Pro it runs really well. Lowest I get is in the high 40s even on the most stressful scenarios.

The framerate on the Pro is really good for console standards on BF1. Look at the digital foundry analysis...

Loading Video...

^ ^ This was even before the latest patch which improves performance even further.

Bungie have no excuses if DICE can do this on the PS4 Pro. Sad Bungie can't even do 60fps in the 4 vs 4 Crucible mode on Destiny 2, laughable.

Bungie is using the CPU for everything online, lack of servers is a problem . EA battlefield 1 got dedicated servers.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 12994 Posts

I can't believe there are actually people willing to buy another Destiny.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tormentos

@loe12k said:

Take a break from System wars, all you do is attack people. And from what i see, you ramble way too much you sure it not an illness?

Oh really this from the moron who would not accept that Forza Horizon sold 2.5 millions world wide and who FALSELY claim FH3 outsold Horizon?

Hahahaha

I think you are the one who needs a break stop inventing crap dude...

@lundy86_4 said:

Stop talking to me. I'd rather have a conversation with a potato.

lol i see i hit a nerve there..lol

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lundy86_4

@tormentos said:

Imagine all you like.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 QuadKnight

@loe12k said:

Bungie is using the CPU for everything online, lack of servers is a problem . EA battlefield 1 got dedicated servers.

You're absolutely right and that's probably why the game will also be 30fps on the Scorpio despite it being more powerful than the Pro. Bungie and Activision suck ass for going P2P in 2017. I was already gonna skip the game because Destiny 1 was a shit experience, their decision to go P2P ensures I skip it even on PC.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 loe12k

@tormentos said:
@loe12k said:

Oh really this from the moron who would not accept that Forza Horizon sold 2.5 millions world wide and who FALSELY claim FH3 outsold Horizon?

Hahahaha

I think you are the one who needs a break stop inventing crap dude...

2.5 million sales was announced for December 2016. If you think they have not sold more copies since December 2016, you just a fanboy. Horizon recently launched. I bet Forza Horizon sold more copies!

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 loe12k

@quadknight said:
@loe12k said:

You're absolutely right and that's probably why the game will also be 30fps on the Scorpio despite it being more powerful than the Pro. Bungie and Activision suck ass for going P2P in 2017. I was already gonna skip the game because Destiny 1 was a shit experience, their decision to go P2P ensures I skip it even on PC.

Probably true.

lllll1lll2ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lllll1lll2ll
Member since 2017 • 107 Posts

@tjandmia said:

You know what else is playable? The blurry mess that was the PS2... I mean, what a stupid argument you got there.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos

@loe12k said:

For god sake running a damn P2P game online doesn't take much CPU,why the fu** you think COD runs at 60FPS?

By the way BF1 is 60FPS offline as well so yeah there goes your claims about need servers.

@loe12k said:

2.5 million sales was announced for December 2016. If you think they have not sold more copies since December 2016, you just a fanboy. Horizon recently launched. I bet Forza Horizon sold more copies!

As December 31,and yes just like Horizon 2.6 million was in 2 weeks,what you think it stopped selling.?

See now where is the link proving your argument about FH3 outselling Horizon.

Horizon sold in 2 weeks in PS4 100,000 more units than MS sold in 3 months on PC and xbox one.

2.5 million divided by 90 days = close 28k copies daily.

2.6 millions divided by 14 days = close to 186k daily...

They were not even on the same league regardless of FH3 being on a higher user base.lol

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By loe12k

@tormentos said:
@loe12k said:

For god sake running a damn P2P game online doesn't take much CPU,why the fu** you think COD runs at 60FPS?

By the way BF1 is 60FPS offline as well so yeah there goes your claims about need servers.

@loe12k said:

As December 31,and yes just like Horizon 2.6 million was in 2 weeks,what you think it stopped selling.?

See now where is the link proving your argument about FH3 outselling Horizon.

Horizon sold in 2 weeks in PS4 100,000 more units than MS sold in 3 months on PC and xbox one.

2.5 million divided by 90 days = close 28k copies daily.

2.6 millions divided by 14 days = close to 186k daily...

They were not even on the same league regardless of FH3 being on a higher user base.lol

Call of Duty has dedicated servers, but they also have host migration when they servers are full to capacity.

Loading Video...

We don't have new numbers for Horizon only 2.6 million.

Xbox one got half install base of the PS4, and hit 2.5 million with a racing game. You can choose to ignore playerbases all you want. Do you think 30 million gamer's use the Window 10 store?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39999 Posts

I get it that the game should be optimized for the majority of the player base....But this still sucks but oh well.

It looks way too much like the original Destiny at 30fps. 60fps could have been an awesome new start. Destiny at 30fps was still a great experience so I guess it's not the end of the world. At least the gameplay will still be top notch like Destiny was. Having said that, I put lots of hours into Destiny since launch on PS4 and I got used to playing it in 30fps and so with that, I'm still buying Destiny 2.

@oflow said:

Did you even read what the TC posted? The developers chose to set it like this. It isn't a system limitation. The core hardware design of both Pro/Scorpio is all about scaling up graphics, not the game simulation.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 28448 Posts

@Addict187 said:
Loading Video...

They also say the Scorpio has the same CPU bottleneck.

DF could not aware of the following

1. AMD Jaguar/Puma's gap between theoretical and practical instruction per cycle (IPC). AMD Jaguar has a theoretical 2.0 IPC.

A straight 2.3 Ghz scaling from 30 fps @ 1.6 Ghz could yield 41 fps. If AMD/MS can bring AppTyp (typical application) closer to theoretical 2.0 IPC, then additional frame rate can be obtained.

2. AMD Jaguar/Puma's L2 cache latency relative to AMD Ryzen or Intel Haswell/Skylake. This affects read and write rates.

A4-5000 = Jaguar/Puma. Intel Haswell/Skylake has almost half of Jaguar/Puma's 64 KB to 256 KB L2 cache latency.

Ryzen's L2 cache bus width is 2X of Jaguar/Puma.

Improvement in this area could yield extra frame rates.

AMD Jaguar/Puma CPUs are not designed for large data set servers. P2P multiplayer requires game consoles to be the servers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

Bungie should have targeted 60 fps on ALL platforms. Being the only 30 fps shooter released in 2017 is just sad.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@oflow said:

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

2.3GHz is not much better than 2.1ghz and certainly not enough to keep 60FPS on destiny.

By the way Destiny is 1080p on both xbox one and PS4 so if any one is holding back consoles is bungie not sony it already happen.

If PS4 was reaching 41 fps at 1.6 Ghz but failing 60 fps, a straight 2.3 Ghz scale is enough to turn 41 fps into 60 fps, but 2.1 Ghz version is not enough for 60 fps.

Lower latency could yield additional frame rates.

These are borderline cases.

Without the GPU being the bottleneck, frame rate roughly scales with clock speed. A6-7400K has 3.5 ghz base clock which yield 63.52 fps, hence 1.6 Ghz version is about 29 fps.

PS4 has 30 fps result from it's 1.6 Ghz CPU. Alien Isolation PC build has about 2 threads. Kaveri's L2 cache latency is similar to Jaguar.

Another big difference between A10-7800 "Kavari" (with 3.7 Ghz base clock) and A6-7400 "Kavari" (with 3.5 Ghz base clock) is clock gating to reduce power

http://www.techspot.com/review/856-amd-a10-7800-kaveri/

Techspot has A6-7400K with "optimized 45 watts TDP ".

PS4's CPU seems to be following aggressive clock gating to reduce TDP.

That's an extra dimension on overall X86 CPU performance.

If Scorpio's CPU has reduced clock gating and lower latency = keeping the CPU busy goals, then it's not a normal Jaguar/Puma.

If MS relies on FinFET to reduce CPU's energy consumption and reduce clock gating events, while slapping on superior vapor cooler, then it's not a normal "laptop" Jaguar/Puma.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tjandmia

@lllll1lll2ll: 720p a blurry mess? Lol. Okay.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 36585 Posts

The Pro is truly the Xbox One of the mid gen systems. Its a sad day indeed. I guess if you are looking for mediocre performance in future games you now have to turn the Pro. :(

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 QuadKnight

@Pedro: ? Gonna laugh at you when D2 also ends up being 30fps on the Flopio.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#46 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 36585 Posts

@quadknight said:

@Pedro: ? Gonna laugh at you when D2 also ends up being 30fps on the Flopio.

I would laugh to because the Pro is handicapping games' performance.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

1. AMD Jaguar/Puma's gap between theoretical and practical instruction per cycle (IPC). AMD Jaguar has a theoretical 2.0 IPC.

A straight 2.3 Ghz scaling from 30 fps @ 1.6 Ghz could yield 41 fps. If AMD/MS can bring AppTyp (typical application) closer to theoretical 2.0 IPC, then additional frame rate can be obtained.

2. AMD Jaguar/Puma's L2 cache latency relative to AMD Ryzen or Intel Haswell/Skylake. This affects read and write rates.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Link to where MS confirm it is Puma,and before you claim Jaguar top speed is 2,0ghz mind you that was at 28NM.

At 16 NM the hardware could allow for higher clocks while not generating more heat.

Just like the XBOS is clocked higher and is slimmer and runs cooler.

I love to see you downplaying DF after riding their ass and quoting them multiple times,now all of the sudden they are not aware yeah i am sure a site that does tech comparison all the time doesn't know the difference between Jaguar and Puma.

Why can't you freaking admit that Scorpio has a shitty CPU,the fun things is i told you so i told you that Scorpio is even more bottleneck that Pro CPU wise.

Because if a 2.1 Ghz CPU bottleneck a 4.2TF GPU you can bet the house that a 2.3 ghz one will bottleneck even more a 6TF one.

Scorpio increase from the Pro is not linear 43% more GPU with 10% more CPU is simply a bottleneck.

And at long last Richard Leadbetter dare to say it.

@loe12k said:

Call of Duty has dedicated servers, but they also have host migration when they servers are full to capacity.

Xbox one got half install base of the PS4, and hit 2.5 million with a racing game. You can choose to ignore playerbases all you want. Do you think 30 million gamer's use the Window 10 store?

COD BO uses a hybrid system of dedicated servers and P2P and runs at 60 FPS in both instances FOOL.

No only that the hybrid system is not very old and all last gen those games ran entirely on P2P and servers were for match making much like XBL was P2P almost entirely since 2001 to basically this gen,in fact there were more games in dedicated servers on PS3 than on xbox 360.

Resistance one of those and it wasn't 60FPS.

Yeah so are you trying to argue that it stopped selling?

Stop if you are going to argue with me drop the bullshit you look like a total buffoon,FH3 is on PC i repeat is on PC which has more than 200 million windows 10 users.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/

As of April 2017 52% of steam players run windows 10 you know how many players that account to.?

http://kotaku.com/there-are-over-125-million-steam-accounts-1687820875

125 millions 2 years ago,by now probably 140 millions,which mean that on steam alone running windows 10 there are like 70 million PC + 30 million from the xbox make a cool 100 millions..

Now my info is backed up not pulled from you buns like yours.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro: ? Sure you would after spending years defending your FlopBone and lying that you were okay with 720p.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13629 Posts

@oflow said:

This is an Activision game. If they were using dedicated servers, it would be Activision's, not XBL or PSN. And we all know Activision.

Also where did they say that?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ronvalencia
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Link to where MS confirm it is Puma,and before you claim Jaguar top speed is 2,0ghz mind you that was at 28NM.

At 16 NM the hardware could allow for higher clocks while not generating more heat.

Just like the XBOS is clocked higher and is slimmer and runs cooler.

I love to see you downplaying DF after riding their ass and quoting them multiple times,now all of the sudden they are not aware yeah i am sure a site that does tech comparison all the time doesn't know the difference between Jaguar and Puma.

Why can't you freaking admit that Scorpio has a shitty CPU,the fun things is i told you so i told you that Scorpio is even more bottleneck that Pro CPU wise.

Because if a 2.1 Ghz CPU bottleneck a 4.2TF GPU you can bet the house that a 2.3 ghz one will bottleneck even more a 6TF one.

Scorpio increase from the Pro is not linear 43% more GPU with 10% more CPU is simply a bottleneck.

And at long last Richard Leadbetter dare to say it.

@loe12k said:

COD BO uses a hybrid system of dedicated servers and P2P and runs at 60 FPS in both instances FOOL.

No only that the hybrid system is not very old and all last gen those games ran entirely on P2P and servers were for match making much like XBL was P2P almost entirely since 2001 to basically this gen,in fact there were more games in dedicated servers on PS3 than on xbox 360.

Resistance one of those and it wasn't 60FPS.

Yeah so are you trying to argue that it stopped selling?

Stop if you are going to argue with me drop the bullshit you look like a total buffoon,FH3 is on PC i repeat is on PC which has more than 200 million windows 10 users.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/

As of April 2017 52% of steam players run windows 10 you know how many players that account to.?

http://kotaku.com/there-are-over-125-million-steam-accounts-1687820875

125 millions 2 years ago,by now probably 140 millions,which mean that on steam alone running windows 10 there are like 70 million PC + 30 million from the xbox make a cool 100 millions..

Now my info is backed up not pulled from you buns like yours.

Without the GPU being the bottleneck, frame rate roughly scales with clock speed. A6-7400K has 3.5 ghz base clock which yield 63.52 fps, hence 1.6 Ghz version is about 29 fps.

PS4 has 30 fps result from it's 1.6 Ghz CPU. Alien Isolation PC build has about 2 threads. Kaveri's L2 cache latency is similar to Jaguar.

Another big difference between A10-7800 "Kavari" (with 3.7 Ghz base clock) and A6-7400 "Kavari" (with 3.5 Ghz base clock) is clock gating to reduce power

http://www.techspot.com/review/856-amd-a10-7800-kaveri/

Techspot has A6-7400K with "optimized 45 watts TDP ".

PS4's CPU seems to be following aggressive clock gating to reduce TDP.

That's an extra dimension on overall X86 CPU performance.

If Scorpio's CPU has reduced clock gating and lower latency = keeping the CPU busy goals, then it's not a normal Jaguar/Puma.

If MS relies on FinFET to reduce CPU's energy consumption and reduce clock gating events, while slapping on superior vapor cooler, then it's not a normal "laptop" Jaguar/Puma.

Jaguar = Puma with lower TDP and higher clock speeds.

There's no IPC difference between Jaguar and Puma.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7974/amd-beema-mullins-architecture-a10-micro-6700t-performance-preview

AMD Kabini/TemashTSMC 28nm914M~107mm2 (est)
AMD Beema/MullinsGF 28nm930M~107mm2 (est)

TSMC 28nm has Jaguar (Year 2013)

GF 28nm has Puma (Year 2014) <--------port from TSMC's version.

Neither consoles APUs are built on Global Foundry.

TSMC 16 nm FinFET is superior to both GF 28nm and TSMC 28nm, hence higher average clock speed with good yields. F.ck Puma, there are superior FinFET K16s.

16h (K16) CPU ranking from the best to worst

1. Scorpio's 16h 16 nm TSMC

2. PS4 Pro's 16h 16 nm TSMC

3. XBO's 16h 28 nm TSMC

4. PS4's 16h 28 nm TSMC

AMD Jaguar and Puma are also known as K16 series CPUs i.e. Ext Family = 16.

Ryzen's Ext family has 17, hence it's effectively K17.

Bulldozer's Ext family has 15, hence it's effectively K15.