Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-ultimate-evil-face-off

The Xbox One version dips to 52fps in places, which is just fine if you don't mind a little compromise.

Given parity is essentially achieved everywhere else, has the touted Xbox One's resolution boost changed anything in performance testing? With both running at a full 1080p, we see a clear margin when running the New Tristram Gates, during the Skeleton King boss fight, and during packed skirmishes on the South Highlands plains. It reaches as low as 52fps on Xbox One, whereas with the rendering glitch now fully attended to on PS4, Sony's hardware never drops a frame in these areas.

In terms of frame-rate metrics, the Xbox One does show flickers of strain in meeting its recent 1080p upgrade - something never elicited by the PS4, which holds at 60fps in likewise tests. These drops, as infrequent as they are, make it harder to call the Xbox One release a purely locked 60fps experience in pragmatic terms, but it's clearly a solid performer.

Digital Foundry
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Apparently quite a few people on SW and GameFaqs are experiencing heavy stuttering on PS4. Still, I might pick it up there.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Parity is closing even faster then I expected. Like I said, "By the time E3 rolls around next year the parity will be pretty much closed. 52fps is not even worth a threads. That's seriously grasping at straws. Updated SDK in Nov and DX12 + update in Spring 2015. Game on.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Damn consoles can't even run d3 properly. Sucks w/ controllres anyways.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@Blabadon: I haven't experienced any stuttering at all. I haven't made it very far though so I can't say I am the right person to listen to. I can say with all certainty that in the time I have had with the game it has even perfectly smooth.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

This game shouldn't even be that intensive on the hardware...

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus: It runs D3 flawless. PS4 is a locked 60fps and far superior on controller. Who wants to click on a mouse 100 times a minute when they have full control on a analog stick. PS4 best version confirmed.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dire_Weasel

@blackace said:

Parity is closing even faster then I expected. Like I said, "By the time E3 rolls around next year the parity will be pretty much closed. 52fps is not even worth a threads. That's seriously grasping at straws. Updated SDK in Nov and DX12 + update in Spring 2015. Game on.

If you're happy with compromise, the Xbox One is definitely the console for you.

News flash: no amount of SDK updates will make up for a +40% TFLOP difference in GPU power. Better luck next generation,

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AM-Gamer

It's funny what a day one patch can do. The PS4 now has a locked 60fps equivalent to the pcs max settings. After owning D3 on PC i would never go back. The game is so much better on consoles. The new modes are awesome and full movement with a analog stick is simply far better then clicking a mouse.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@prawephet: Yeah, it's probably a vocal minority.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dire_Weasel

@Blabadon said:

Apparently quite a few people on SW and GameFaqs are experiencing heavy stuttering on PS4. Still, I might pick it up there.

I've been playing it since Tuesday, mostly co-op, and I haven't seen a single hitch.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

If you're happy with compromise, the Xbox One is definitely the console for you.

News flash: no amount of SDK updates will make up for a +40% TFLOP difference in GPU power. Better luck next generation,

Stay clueless. lol!! We aren't seeing anymore 720P games on XB1 and soon there won't be any 900P games. Parity is disappearing with ever new game announced. I own both consoles and have had the PS4 version of D3UEE preordered since it was announced. I don't see 8fps as being a compromise. It's pretty much irrelevant for anyone who buys this game. This generation is far from over and the XB1 is just getting started. Quantum Break was just a taste. Stay biased Mr. Troll.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Bu bu but 44fps on the PS4

Looks like lemmings did their victory lap too early. Again.

@blackace said:

hahahaha two year old PC game like Diablo. Wind your neck in, Blackace.

@blackace said:

We aren't seeing anymore 720P games on XB1

The Golf Club.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AM-Gamer

@blackace: Are you really using D3 as a standard for parity? Dips to 52 fps is barely noticeable but the PS4 version runs it flawlessly. It's a game that both systems can and should run in there sleep.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Blabadon said:

mental stuttering most likely because DF does all these tests with SW.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus: It runs D3 flawless. PS4 is a locked 60fps and far superior on controller. Who wants to click on a mouse 100 times a minute when they have full control on a analog stick. PS4 best version confirmed.

1 .Who wants to press on a controller 100 times a minute with slower aiming resulting in reduced mob density and difficulty? And lol shitty camera angle.

2. People on gamefaqs and twitch (Datmodz stream) are showing stuttering on PS4.

3. The console versions are rampant with hackers and dupers. This is due to the off-line mechanics. Such things are practically nonexistant on PC. It's fucking ridiculous.

4. The game was always patched much slower on consoles. We'll see how fast updates come for ps4/xbone version.

5. NO LADDERS FOR CONSOLE VERSION. This is due to the inability to play on a competitive level via controllers.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

Thank god those 50% claims are eroding slowly. We're down to 40% baby!

Could we see 30%-20% in the future? :p

I beat ACT V on torment difficulty on the X1 last night. The game is smooth as butter. Flawless.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dire_Weasel

@blackace said:

I don't see 8fps as being a compromise. It's pretty much irrelevant for anyone who buys this game.

Of course you don't ...and that's what makes you the perfect target market for the Xbox One. Believe me, Microsoft wishes there were more people like you out there. Spread the word, friend.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AM-Gamer

@RoboCopISJesus: Lol what? The mob density is identical fool. You would push your controller the same amount of time you would your keyboard. You just don't have to click a button every time you move. Not to mention avenger mode and 4 player co-op.

How does it feel one of the best franchises on PC is now superior on PS4?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GrenadeLauncher

@b4x said:

I beat ACT V on torment difficulty on the X1 last night. The game is smooth as butter. Flawless.

Except when it judders, right Blackace4X?

Looks like this game is another Titanfall 60FPS. Oh well. Maybe next time.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By B4X

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

I don't see 8fps as being a compromise. It's pretty much irrelevant for anyone who buys this game.

Of course you don't ...and that's what makes you the perfect target market for the Xbox One. Believe me, Microsoft wishes there were more people like you out there. Spread the word, friend.

8 fps or 180P for Azure infrastructure. I'll take it. Easy decision for me.

Why do cows only factor graphics into any debate?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 B4X

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@b4x said:

Except when it judders, right Blackace4X?

Looks like this game is another Titanfall 60FPS. Oh well. Maybe next time.

You're trying to hard.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@b4x said:

8 fps or 180P for Azure infrastructure. I'll take it.

Yeah, your magic Azure made all the difference for Diablo 3 in the same way it did Titanfall. Bwahahahaha

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot

Lemmings are the laughing stock of SW

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By B4X

@GrenadeLauncher: The SE / CD death threating cows take that crown.

Not a lem. Trying to hard. Please don't kill me!!

double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

Good ole DF. These face-offs are always epic.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@AM-Gamer said:

How does it feel one of the best franchises on PC is now superior on PS4?

1. Console version isn't even getting the most hyped feature which Diablo player have been asking for years... Ladders and Seasons .....the mainstay of high end D3 play are not coming to consoles, due to controller's lack of competitive play. The real version is on PC. You don't understand technology if you thought an ARPG via thumbsticks would allow for top end play.

2. Hacking is rampant on console version. This shit is game breaking and made people quite in droves on the PS3/X360 versions. Hours after Ultimate Evil Edition Launch, and its very easy to do:

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/2e4716/hacked_items_are_back_on_console/

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 B4X

@b4x said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

I asked you a question.... Why do cows ONLY bring graphics to their debates?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dire_Weasel

@b4x said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

Except ... Diablo III uses blizzard's servers for matchmaking, and the actual game is played peer-to-peer. Decision making isn't really one of your big strengths, I guess.

But, again, I'm sure the Xbox One version is perfectly good. Those 8 frames a second are hardly important when you look at the big picture.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AM-Gamer

@RoboCopISJesus: consoles will get ladder support as soon as more people join the community. KB/M has no advantage in Diablo except for shifting through your menu which has nothing to do with gameplay.

Lol and you wanna talk about hacking? I lost my whole D3 account on PC when blizzard got hacked. A level 50 Demon hunter down the drain. Item hacks will be patched in no time. As both PS4/X1 are getting full patch support. Have fun with D3 on pc ...... Click click click click Lmao what a joke.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher: The SE / CD death threating cows take that crown.

Not a lem. Trying to hard. Please don't kill me!!

Oh yeah, those death threats I heard so much about but have never seen any actual proof of. Just like all those Xbone games you keep saying you have!

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By B4X

@Dire_Weasel said:

@b4x said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

Except ... Diablo III uses blizzard's servers for matchmaking, and the actual game is played peer-to-peer. Decision making isn't really one of your big strengths, I guess.

But, again, I'm sure the Xbox One version is perfectly good. Those 8 frames a second are hardly important when you look at the big picture.

On the Microsoft backbone?

Every debate on this forum for Cows is about graphics ONLY?

I'm sure a smart guy as yourself takes in all factors?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus: consoles will get ladder support as soon as more people join the community. KB/M has no advantage in Diablo except for shifting through your menu which has nothing to do with gameplay.

Lol and you wanna talk about hacking? I lost my whole D3 account on PC when blizzard got hacked. A level 50 Demon hunter down the drain. Item hacks will be patched in no time. As both PS4/X1 are getting full patch support. Have fun with D3 on pc ...... Click click click click Lmao what a joke.

1. Can you provide a link saying when Consoles will get Seasons and Ladders? Thanks. Until they come out on console, you MUST concede that PC version is factually far superior. These two things are basically THE top-end Diablo play. Due to slow controllers and their non-competitive nature they simply aren't allowed at the moment.

2. You don't get it. Hacking and Duping is extremely rampant IN-GAME on consoles. It was one of the biggest problems and it drove away many players on the vanilla edition. It's back in force on UEE. PC does not have it even remotely that bad because of on-line mode. http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/2e4716/hacked_items_are_back_on_console/

3. Console has "lock-on"(rofl) and less elite affixes. Easy Mode.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 B4X

@GrenadeLauncher:

Please do us all a favor and shut the trap. Cows even disown you on here. Your posts are ass my friend.

Ask even the cows.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

joke post from a joke of user wuhahahaha

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

Please do us all a favor and shut the trap. Cows even disown you on here. Your posts are ass my friend.

Ask even the cows.

#rekt

#destroyed

#b4xintatters

Bu bu bu da clawwwwwwwwwd

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By B4X

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

Ask even the cows.

#rekt

#destroyed

#b4xintatters

Your posts couldn't wreck a rock. You're to bias in your beliefs to achieve such lofty goals for your given intellect.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AM-Gamer

@Tessellation: Wow even D3 superiority on PS4 brought one of the biggest butthurt hermits in SW out of the closet. What's up troll.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RoboCopISJesus

@AM-Gamer said:

@Tessellation: Wow even D3 superiority on PS4 brought one of the biggest butthurt hermits in SW out of the closet. What's up troll.

Where is that link stating the release date of ladders and seasons on PS4? Lol hacked items galore, duping, lock-on aiming ,and less elite affixes......of course they weren't going to give that to console version.

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@AM-Gamer said:

1. Can you provide a link saying when Consoles will get Seasons and Ladders? Thanks. Until they come out on console, you MUST concede that PC version is factually far superior. These two things are basically THE top-end Diablo play. Due to slow controllers and their non-competitive nature they simply aren't allowed at the moment.

2. You don't get it. Hacking and Duping is extremely rampant IN-GAME on consoles. It was one of the biggest problems and it drove away many players on the vanilla edition. It's back in force on UEE. PC does not have it even remotely that bad because of on-line mode. http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/2e4716/hacked_items_are_back_on_console/

3. Console has lock-on for all moves and less elite affixes. Easy Mode.

1. the patches of PC will be going on Consoles as announced on trailers/developer video ...but i think Ladders will be off the hook due PS4/One systems are pretty different

2. Its better than a lagging game/server stability issues or other issues that ruining your gameplay with internet connection issues + you need an internet just to play a Single player game......it would be good it become a online game ..but this O_o....thats really huge blow

about hacking its their own world....so watever they use ...they are bunch of lazy basterds...

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RoboCopISJesus

Majestic, ladders and seasons are not coming to consoles, even with the next patch.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

I've always loved your avatar, B4X, that bear thinks what we all do at your terrible posting!

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus:

i know..but i think they will change something different for ladder systems that make console version more unique than PC than copying a system to another version of the game[think a different system using a SEN/Xbox Live that much lookalike a ladder but its different] dont forget the game doesnt a Main server that could list a "ladder"

fyron256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fyron256
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

@ Dire Weasel

"...but as far as Diablo 3's latest showing is concerned, everyone's a winner"

When you end your article with a statement like this there is no compromise. At least not one big enough to matter. Stop reaching.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By B4X

@b4x said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@b4x said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

On the Microsoft backbone?

Every debate on this forum for Cows is about graphics ONLY?

I'm sure a smart guy as yourself takes in all factors?

I really am curious about this trend on SW on the internet in general?

Could you enlighten me Dire? Do you find this practice sound?

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

South Highlands has always been a problem for various PC configurations as well. I think it has to do with the moving foliage and ground cover, the engine just can't handle it or it is poorly optimized. Even people with top-tier PCs have historically had issues with this map.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 B4X

@mikhail said:

South Highlands has always been a problem for various PC configurations as well. I think it has to do with the moving foliage and ground cover, the engine just can't handle it or it is poorly optimized. Even people with top-tier PCs have historically had issues with this map.

I played it last night on torment on the X1. I saw nothing. What are you referring to? Ran smooth. I noticed no problems?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AM-Gamer

@RoboCopISJesus: Are you slow? Aiming on D3 on consoles takes no more skill on a mouse then it does a stick. It doesn't use auto lock you point in the direction with the stick. It's not rocket science. It's also an absolute non issues on all but two classes. The superior movement on a analog stick is far beyond the point and click control of a mouse, it's not even close. D3 ladder support Will have to do with how successful the game is on PS4. Regardless I would take that over always online Dram and server connect issues that plague the pc version. It's clear cut D3 is superior on consoles the fact some people debate that is concerning.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mikhail

@AM-Gamer said:

...It's also an absolute non issues on all but two classes.

So it's an issue for a third of the classes...got it.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AM-Gamer

@mikhail: not really because it's just as good

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mikhail

@AM-Gamer said:

@mikhail: not really because it's just as good

That's subjective. As someone who has played Diablo 3 extensively on both PC and consoles, I can tell you that mouse & keyboard is better.

See how subjectivity works?