Digital Foundry: Days Gone Breakdown Pre-Patch

#1 Posted by BoxRekt (1220 posts) -

Everybody loves these so have at it guys.

They give a general overview of graphics and performance and what seems to be a scoreless impressions review.

Points of discussion on the game:

• Uses Unreal Engine 4
  • Compares overall graphics to RDR2
  • Dense environment detail and foliage
  • Dynamic Weather systems with wind affecting grass/trees
  • Real time day night cycle
  • Physically based cloth and leather
  • Screen space shadows
  • Proceedural sky system that matches weather
  • Water reaction was least impressive graphical feature
  • Note's some issues noticed Pre day 1 patch
#2 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@boxrekt: No one cares about 1 game, they care about comparing multiplats, well cows did until around November 2017, I can't for the life of me think why that would be.

#3 Posted by tormentos (29009 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@boxrekt: No one cares about 1 game, they care about comparing multiplats, well cows did until around November 2017, I can't for the life of me think why that would be.

Are you insane you know how much fun we had when Halo 5 analysis came in..lol

#4 Edited by BoxRekt (1220 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Every games is individual, as in "1" genius and a "multiplat" is just a description for "1 game" that is available on multiple platforms.

lol also I don't think i_p_daily speaks for gamers as a whole nor cows.

As a fanboy you're assuming your minority opinion means too much.

if all you wanted to do was to come in this thread and scream your personal opinion and CRY about this game having a Digital Foundry break down of this Sony exclusive, I hear you but no one cares about your whining.

#5 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@i_p_daily said:

Every games is individual, as in "1" genius and a "multiplat" is just a description for "1 game" that is available on multiple platforms.

lol also I don't think i_p_daily speaks for gamers as a whole nor cows, so if all you wanted to do was to come in this thread and scream your personal opinion and CRY about this game having a Digital Foundry break down of this Sony exclusive, I hear you but no one cares about your whining.

Its not personal opinion as there used to be a user who used to post all the comparison videos from DF in regards to XB1 vs PS4, come November 2017 that user all of a sudden got busy (he is a cow) and since then they hardly ever show up as lems don't care about the comparisons for the most part, whereas you cows went crazy over them.

Now since November 2017 they have been few and far between because a certain fanbase doesn't care about them NOW.

That's just facts, i'm sorry it upsets you, but as an alt its in your DNA :(

#6 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

Are you insane you know how much fun we had when Halo 5 analysis came in..lol

You did? good for you, I was busy playing games then, you should try it tormy lol.

What happened to all of the DF threads after November 2017 tormy???

I mean we all had a good laugh at the RDR2 comparison, but since then nothing. It must mean lems don't care so much.

#7 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6336 posts) -

Its a great looking game... It just not a great game, no one really cares about these when the game is mediocre especially if its not multi platform because people love pointing out how good their console version is.

I might pick this game up during a sale later on, but its not worth full price to me.

#8 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Its a great looking game... It just not a great game, no one really cares about these when the game is mediocre especially if its not multi platform because people love pointing out how good their console version is.

I might pick this game up during a sale later on, but its not worth full price to me.

I tried to tell him that but hey I was told i'm crying lol.

#9 Edited by BoxRekt (1220 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@boxrekt said:
@i_p_daily said:

lol also I don't think i_p_daily speaks for gamers as a whole nor cows, so if all you wanted to do was to come in this thread and scream your personal opinion and CRY about this game having a Digital Foundry break down of this Sony exclusive, I hear you but no one cares about your whining.

Its not personal opinion as there used to be a user who used to post all the comparison videos from DF in regards to XB1 vs PS4, come November 2017 that user all of a sudden got busy (he is a cow) and since then they hardly ever show up as lems don't care about the comparisons for the most part, whereas you cows went crazy over them.

Now since November 2017 they have been few and far between because a certain fanbase doesn't care about them NOW.

The bold.

This is clearly a lie.

Again, you're taking your delusional and desperate opinion and trying to raise it's value by repeating the same thing you originally said as if that changes anything.

I understand you're upset and emotionally triggered whenever you're reminded that Sony still has exclusives but there's no need to lash out with your anger and pretend everyone else is in your pitiful shoes.

It is what it is bro, if you really didn't care you wouldn't have posted in this thread, but here you are crying and butthurt over this thead, so there's at least 1 lemming who cares a great deal named i_p_daily!

#10 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@i_p_daily said:
@boxrekt said:
@i_p_daily said:

The bold.

This is clearly a lie.

Again, you're taking your delusional and desperate opinion and trying to raise it's value by repeating the same thing you originally said as if that changes anything.

I understand you're upset and emotionally triggered whenever you're reminded that Sony still has exclusives but there's no need to lash out with your anger and pretend everyone else is in your pitiful shoes.

It is what it is bro, if you really didn't care you wouldn't have posted in this thread, but here you are crying and butthurt over this thead, so there's at least 1 lemming who cares a great deal named i_p_daily!

Forgive me for trying to inform you, but hey you're an alt & a cow, the worst SW has, my bad for trying to help you, stay ignorant.

You've had 2 people tell you so far that people don't care unless their comparison videos, but carry on good sir.

#ignorancereallyisbliss

#11 Posted by DaVillain- (36438 posts) -

I didn't know Days Gone was power by Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine tends to have problems but I was more impress with those puddle of mud reflections are really impressive.

#12 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (956 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@i_p_daily said:

if all you wanted to do was to come in this thread and scream your personal opinion and CRY about this game having a Digital Foundry break down of this Sony exclusive, I hear you but no one cares about your whining.

LOL, I_cry_daily getting bodied in here.

#13 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@boxrekt said:
@i_p_daily said:

LOL, I_cry_daily getting bodied in here.

I don't speak for them but the OP obviously does when he said "everybody loves these so have at it guys"

And yet 2 posters have already stated that most people don't care unless their comparison videos.

So quacknight you & the OP got rekt lol

Remember quack when this alt gets banned, and come back (you will come back) as this-is-not-quacknight no one will suspect a thing LOL.

#14 Edited by Pedro (34400 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

#15 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (956 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Quick, cry to the mods! Still crying after I owned you yesterday in this thread.

😂 I bet you want to flag me so bad, don't you?

"Mom!!! This bad guy on the internet is teasing me about my plastic box!!"

That's what you sound like right now lol. Sad to see a grown man get triggered so much.

#16 Edited by Antwan3K (4397 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

pretty sure no one cares about graphics or performance when a game scores a 5/10, particularly if the game is an exclusive.. people continually tried to hype the graphics for games like Ryse: Son of Rome, The Order 1886, and Driveclub but those discussions lose traction after the low reviews are in..

#17 Edited by lundy86_4 (53102 posts) -

More than 7 years? Jesus. Also, does grass seem to "grow" as he rides over mud?

I'll buy on sale for sure. I'll probably have some fun with the game, but at $20 or so.

#18 Posted by XVision84 (15964 posts) -

It must feel really shitty to work hard at something for that many years just to see it torn apart by the media. I hope they got a lot from the experience and recover, you can do it Sony Bend!

#19 Posted by lundy86_4 (53102 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

It must feel really shitty to work hard at something for that many years just to see it torn apart by the media. I hope they got a lot from the experience and recover, you can do it Sony Bend!

It really must, especially if you aren't involved in the overall "vision" of the game and how it comes to fruition.

#20 Posted by XVision84 (15964 posts) -

@lundy86_4: I see what you did there 🤯

#21 Posted by Epak_ (10661 posts) -

Beautiful looking game, the GS review should have focused more on the gameplay faults (which could be patched out, or lessened maybe?) and less on the SJW garbage that seem to have affected the score negatively (check her twitter out).

#22 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:

@i_p_daily: Quick, cry to the mods! Still crying after I owned you yesterday in this thread.

😂 I bet you want to flag me so bad, don't you?

"Mom!!! This bad guy on the internet is teasing me about my plastic box!!"

That's what you sound like right now lol. Sad to see a grown man get triggered so much.

You have never owned me, and with the PS4 winning just about everything this gen it just proves you suck at this, I mean you did get banned again, how many alts have you gone through this gen quack???

But its nice that you are talking about me instead of what this thread is about, oh that's right because even a hardcore cow such as yourself doesn't care about this DF analysis further proving my point in here, thanks for owning yourself again quack LOL.

#23 Posted by fileman3 (333 posts) -

I picked this game up and its pretty good,

#24 Posted by freedomfreak (51181 posts) -

More developers need to spend time getting weather effects and such right. It does so much for the world.

#25 Edited by BoxRekt (1220 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

More developers need to spend time getting weather effects and such right. It does so much for the world.

Sounds like you're enjoying your time with the game?

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (51181 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

Very much so.

#27 Posted by Howmakewood (5859 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

Yeah like modded gta v looks fucking gorgeous at night

#28 Posted by MonsieurX (39051 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@freedomfreak said:

But the review said 5, it's impossible for anyone to enjoy such trash. Just like SoT or Crackdown 3

#29 Edited by Jobbiejab (0 posts) -

Looks good graphics wise,but gameplay glitches and bugs seem to be commonplace

i’ll put It on the ‘play later,when cheaper’list with AC odeyse and far cry new dawn

#30 Posted by tormentos (29009 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

You did? good for you, I was busy playing games then, you should try it tormy lol.

I mean we all had a good laugh at the RDR2 comparison, but since then nothing. It must mean lems don't care so much.

You were busy playing another forza game the xbox one had shit back then and Halo 5 was officially the last flop on system wars before the meta game died.

Nothing they had been posted haven't you see them? in fact i had even more fun on those specially quoting lemmings who claimed graphics didn't mater only to hype graphics again as soon as the XBO X was announce.

Many of us were having a blast because in order for MS to achieve 60FPS just like in Forza 5 the game looked like crap.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I bet to differ.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/digital-foundry-vs-halo-5-32621836/?page=1

#31 Posted by DaVillain- (36438 posts) -
@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

You were busy playing another forza game the xbox one had shit back then and Halo 5 was officially the last flop on system wars before the meta game died.

Nothing they had been posted haven't you see them? in fact i had even more fun on those specially quoting lemmings who claimed graphics didn't mater only to hype graphics again as soon as the XBO X was announce.

Many of us were having a blast because in order for MS to achieve 60FPS just like in Forza 5 the game looked like crap.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I bet to differ.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/digital-foundry-vs-halo-5-32621836/?page=1

I forgot about that thread on DF Halo 5. I was indeed looking forward to Halo 5, the MP was good, but the campaign was very disappointing. Halo 5 never did show up on PC and this was back when MS didn't get into Xbox Play Anywhere for that matter, so yeah, I don't agree with Tormentos, but he has a point. People did care for DF on console exclusives and Halo 5 is no different then Days Gone.

#32 Posted by tormentos (29009 posts) -

@Antwan3K said:
@boxrekt said:

pretty sure no one cares about graphics or performance when a game scores a 5/10, particularly if the game is an exclusive.. people continually tried to hype the graphics for games like Ryse: Son of Rome, The Order 1886, and Driveclub but those discussions lose traction after the low reviews are in..

MY god is like you people joined system war 2 days ago what the hell.

Analysis of single console games had been posted here all the damn time,The order,Driveclub,Killzone,Spiderman,Halo5,Forza several,it means nothing just because a game is on a single platform doesn't mean it can be discuss from a technical point of view even if the game score low,again the game got a 5 HERE which is 22 points under the average it got on Meta,trying to hold to this site score to prevent a technical discussion of a game is not only stupid is sad.

And people don't make me go hunting for lemming defending several xbox one games that scored 5 here and higher on meta.

If you don't want to discuss it or other lemmings stop posting in the thread no one is forcing you lemming and crawl back to one of your other alts. :)

#33 Posted by BigBadBully (2159 posts) -

Have about 4 hours in so far on base PS4 and game has been running great, sure will prob notice some performance stuff when I come up against hordes but overall my experience has been great. Sony Bend did a great job.

Days Gone is right up there with God of War 4 for me. Hopefully see a sequel in the future or Sony Bend goes off on a other new IP, they did a fantastic job with Days Gone.

#34 Posted by Zero_epyon (13200 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

I guess you want me to own you again:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-fallout-4-xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro-graphics-compar-33419169/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-fortnite-xbox-one-x-delivers-a-big-visual-upgra-33419585/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ghost-recon-wildlands-an-xbox-one-x-surprise-packa-33420129/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-tech-analysis-gran-turismo-sport-vs-forza-motor-33411534/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-wolfenstein-2-ps4-pro-vs-ps4xbox-one-graphics-c-33414422/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-fifa-18-xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro-vs-pc-graphics-co-33415722/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/digital-foundry-xbox-one-x-game-analysis-thread-st-33415956/ <- This was a sticky made because Ron and I were making multiple threads daily and people complained.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/marvels-spider-man-the-complete-digital-foundry-an-33440759/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-injustice-2-xbox-one-x-vs-playstation-4-pro-gra-33420743/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-skyrim-special-edition-xbox-one-x-dynamic-vs-ps-33419317/ <- Example of people competing with me to put out a DF thread

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-destiny-2-xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro-vs-pc-graphics--33419991/

All made between October 2017 and January 2018.

This doesn't cover the other DF threads I made before the official release of the X between E3 and November when DF had access to the system during press events.

Man I don't like calling people names but I see why people like calling you I_cry_daily.

#35 Edited by uninspiredcup (33254 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

Yep. Even strategy games like Total War, you notice the difference. It helps to immerse the player in what could easily be a sterile ass game.

#36 Posted by tenaka2 (17176 posts) -

The game is shite, what does it matter?

#37 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25232 posts) -

Looks okay, runs like crap at 30 fps. Next!

#38 Edited by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@Zero_epyon: I guess you missed the part where i said "around November" and one of your reasons for stopping these threads was because you said people didn't care anymore lol.

You have never cow and never will, better luck next time cow epyon lol.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#39 Edited by Blackhairedhero (3235 posts) -

Been playing it for about two hours. Its absolutely gorgeous. Fun game so far as well.

#40 Edited by Antwan3K (4397 posts) -

@tormentos: the general population on this forum doesn't care about graphics discussions for exclusives after a bad review from GameSpot rolls in..

That's just a fact..

People tried to hype the graphics for Ryse.. They were met with lolz, 6/10

People tried to hype the graphics for The Order.. They were met with lolz, 6/10

People tried to hype the graphics for Driveclub.. They were met with lolz, 5club..

It's the same with Days Gone.. Beautiful game.. Sure.. But nothing to brag about since it scored a 5/10..

#41 Edited by Zero_epyon (13200 posts) -

@i_p_daily: lol so January 2018 is around November? Ok dude good night.

And even if, November was literally when all of them were made. Literally al DF comparisons. Where a sticky had to be made. So you’re still owned. Again.

#42 Posted by I_P_Daily (11657 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:

And even if, November was literally when all of them were made. Literally al DF comparisons. Where a sticky had to be made. So you’re still owned. Again.

You can try all you want but you used to put up plenty of DF videos when your precious PS4 was winning, but they all but disappeared when the X came out, and your pathetic excuse was you had no time, and people were getting sick of them lol.

Those are the facts, but in the last couple of days you've had plenty of time to reply to me in multiple threads, I guess you have more time now, will we see more of these videos LOL.

#43 Posted by Zero_epyon (13200 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@Zero_epyon said:

You can try all you want but you used to put up plenty of DF videos when your precious PS4 was winning, but they all but disappeared when the X came out, and your pathetic excuse was you had no time, and people were getting sick of them lol.

Those are the facts, but in the last couple of days you've had plenty of time to reply to me in multiple threads, I guess you have more time now, will we see more of these videos LOL.

Haha DF put up like 20 vids between oct and dec and slowed down in January when they covered everything. How does one make DF threads without DF material? Besides, making all those DF vids burnt me and other out. You wouldn't know since your first thread on SW was last year April.

#44 Posted by Ant_17 (12410 posts) -

@davillain-: I watched a video from the devs saying unreal 4 doesn't support 2 wheels, so the bike is actually 4 wheels but they removed the collision and squished the tires together.

#45 Edited by DaVillain- (36438 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:

Haha DF put up like 20 vids between oct and dec and slowed down in January when they covered everything. How does one make DF threads without DF material? Besides, making all those DF vids burnt me and other out. You wouldn't know since your first thread on SW was last year April.

You would think he learn this by now. Making DF threads isn't easy to do and I admit, I barley watch the latest DF vids nowadays, life outside of gaming has gotten complicated for me personally and plus, I prefer watching DF PC related vids then their console takes anyways.