Did you think the PS5 would be beating the Xbox Series this BADLY so far this generation?

• 97 results
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Did you think the PS5 would be beating the Xbox Series this BADLY so far this generation? (37 votes)

Yes , I expected this so far 54%
No , I was not expecting this so far 5%
Just wait until 2023 14%
Just wait until 2024 0%
Just wait until 2025 0%
Just wait until 2026 0%
Just wait until 2027 or the next generation 3%
Very slow and unsteady wins the race. 8%
Rome wasn't built in a day , it took many years 16%

PS5

• Horizon Forbidden West
  • Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
  • Returnal
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure
  • Demon's Souls Remake
  • Sony's Director's Cuts , remasters , etc.

Xbox

• Forza Horizon 5
  • Halo Infinite
  • Microsoft's ports from PC , etc.

Was WaitBox a mistake? Or can Xbox be somewhat competitive in a few years? Will Sony get worse , stay consistent , or climb even higher going forward?

• 
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

Strange, I have spent more time on my Xbox than PS5 by a large margin.🤔

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46230 Posts

Weird that Sony does director's cuts and remasters but Microsoft only does ports.

Seems heavily biased in one's favor, but whatever.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

Sony has always had the better devs/IPs so no, not really

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Another day, another...

Poo brigade. I'm getting more and more concerned for the lil fellers. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Weird that Sony does director's cuts and remasters but Microsoft only does ports.

Seems heavily biased in one's favor, but whatever.

Folks need to validate their purchase, so give them some slack.😂

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

The desperation from TC is mind blowing

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44135 Posts

Both systems have a number of games I want to play on either of them and are pretty competitive with each other. Fanboys going to keep struggling though and continue making silly polls to help placate their own sensitivities. 🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45090 Posts

It's clear as day that Xbox is having an awful 2022.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

I can't believe this trillion dollar company went into this gen with NOTHING. Even with the billions they've burned. They literally have to buy third party pubs to bail them out

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

lmfao...demon souls is a remaster. Anything that bumps up graphics and nothing else is a remaster, unless it goes from 2d to full 3d. You even included the "wii sports" of this generation aka, astros playground, and sackboy.

Halo Infinite, MSFS20 and FH5, not to mention psychonauts, tunic and sea of thieves (a live service game). Its so lopsided I feel bad for pony.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Lol cows

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38801 Posts

What i am most surprised about is that Microsoft has transformed its flagship title in a f2p shovelware and the fact that its been almost two years since the system came out, and there's not a single other worthy title than a racing game. MS had trouble releasing games prior to the X launch, and nothing has changed.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 910 Posts

Updated your lists-

PS5:
Astro's Playroom
Ratchet and Clank
Returnal
Demon's Souls Remake

Xbox:
Flight Simulator

Everything else can be played on last gen. The new consoles are borderline pointless as far as new/exclusive libraries go.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Why do you roll up games for MS that are on PC but don’t do it for the PS4 games?

I mean, I know the answer but I’d really like to hear your spin.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6861 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

lmfao...demon souls is a remaster. Anything that bumps up graphics and nothing else is a remaster, unless it goes from 2d to full 3d. You even included the "wii sports" of this generation aka, astros playground, and sackboy.

Halo Infinite, MSFS20 and FH5, not to mention psychonauts, tunic and sea of thieves (a live service game). Its so lopsided I feel bad for pony.

No it isn't. A remaster uses all the same assets. Demon Souls is a remake, and a dam good one.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

No it isn't. A remaster uses all the same assets. Demon Souls is a remake, and a dam good one.

Not a good one. THE best one we've seen.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12942 Posts

Looks like the TC is upset that Xbox has completely demolished the PS5 this gen.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Both have been disappointments so far.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Silentchief

@x_hedon said:

Looks like the TC is upset that Xbox has completely demolished the PS5 this gen.

It has less games, loses half the head to heads and is being outsold. In no objective argument has the Xbox demolished the PS5.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

what a try hard.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8197 Posts

@silentchief: Xbox is doing a much better job compared to last gen. I expect MS to pull ahead by the end of this gen. They are beating Sony on several fronts. But Sony built a huge install base from the PS4. It's getting interesting. I went PS4 last gen but series X this gen. The compatibility with my PC, play everywhere and gamepass and backwards compatibility. I couldn't justify going PS5 for a couple SP games. Now that Sony is starting to port thier 1st party to PC I truly have no reason. Series X makes a lot more sense for me as a living room console.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

These threads are easily the most annoying.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

Both have their hits & misses this year and to be honest, PS5/Xbox Series have decent games to play this year...so as long you don't focus just AAA games.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@Ibacai said:

Why do you roll up games for MS that are on PC but don’t do it for the PS4 games?

I mean, I know the answer but I’d really like to hear your spin.

Are you upset that I used the word "port" or something like that other guy ? I just labled them as such so people can easily understand which games I was reffering to without having to list all the games out. And these are afterthoughts , bonuses, not new games or significant remakes. But still may have some relevance.

• Sony's Director's Cuts - Death Stranding , Ghost of Tsushima
  • Sony's remasters - Spider-Man , Uncharted 4 / TLL
  • Microsoft's ports from PC - Gears Tactics, Flight Simulator

Why does the word "port" trigger negativity by comparison, or why does the word remaster trigger such positivity in this particular instance for people?. If Sony released Killzone Tactics on PC and then brought it to PS5 afterwards I would call it a port from PC unless they classified it as a Director's Cut with new content or something else. Sony isn't special , and neither is Microsoft.

Would just calling everything ports or remasters really help anyone understand what I'm saying or feel better in any way?

This seems like unnecessary argument semantics to avoid the current situation and answering the question.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts
@Pedro said:

Strange, I have spent more time on my Xbox than PS5 by a large margin.🤔

I spend way more time on my PS5. Funny how that works, huh? Why bother responding if you don't have an argument?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sagemode87

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

It has less games, loses half the head to heads and is being outsold. In no objective argument has the Xbox demolished the PS5.

Lems just say sh#t and hope it sticks this gen. No real argument anywhere.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

It has more games, wins more than half of the heads to heads and is now selling better than the PS5, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox OG. RIP PS5.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sagemode87

@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

It has more games, wins more than half of the heads to heads and is now selling better than the PS5, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox OG. RIP PS5.

When both console were equally affected by the shortage, the excuse was "buh they're both selling out" Now that MS has more stock, you're running with Xbox is selling better. I thought console sales didn't matter? Oh you're just running with whatever is convenient, quite obviously. Carry on.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Silentchief

@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

You are factually wrong though. But hey stay delusional.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

I was saying that about you, but nice deflection. Opposite Day for you?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KvallyX
@Sagemode87 said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

When both console were equally affected by the shortage, the excuse was "buh they're both selling out" Now that MS has more stock, you're running with Xbox is selling better. I thought console sales didn't matter? Oh you're just running with whatever is convenient, quite obviously. Carry on.

As a manticore, it makes no difference to me who sells more. I just love watching the fanboys go at it. They are deep into the plastic wars. I just love owning and playing all the consoles. 💪

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blaznwiipspman1

@silentchief said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

i love these arbitrary definition of remaster vs remake. To me, unless a game goes from 2d sprites to 3d, then its nothing more than a filthy remaster. Look, even EA is trying to call deadspace a "remake", when in reality its going from an HD game to a higher resolution HD game. Its nothing more than marketing spin. I can respect ff7r as a true remake...the game is barely relatable to the original, its a complete make over and tons of added content. Going from demon souls 2009 to demon souls 2020 is a bump up in graphics. While its nice, im not going to call it a remake.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blaznwiipspman1
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

hes absolutely correct, and the funny thing is hes a cow. Getting bashed by your own kin oooff.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2405 Posts
@templecow90999 said:

Updated your lists-

PS5:

Astro's Playroom

Ratchet and Clank

Returnal

Demon's Souls Remake

Xbox:

Flight Simulator

Everything else can be played on last gen. The new consoles are borderline pointless as far as new/exclusive libraries go.

Demon's Souls' remake has lame revisionist woke character designs and blander music than the original. I'd rather play the original. Returnal is coming to Windows.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KvallyX

@warm_gun said:
@templecow90999 said:

Updated your lists-

PS5:

Astro's Playroom

Ratchet and Clank

Returnal

Demon's Souls Remake

Xbox:

Flight Simulator

Demon's Souls' remake has lame revisionist woke character designs and blander music than the original. I'd rather play the original. Returnal is coming to Windows.

And it's just a PS3 game, older than dirt.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Warm_Gun
@x_hedon said:
@warm_gun said:
@templecow90999 said:

Updated your lists-

PS5:

Astro's Playroom

Ratchet and Clank

Returnal

Demon's Souls Remake

Xbox:

Flight Simulator

And it's just a PS3 game, older than dirt.

Which emulates better than most on PC. Played through the whole game without any issues, and my rig isn't even top of the line. Don't worry, I have a copy, I'm not advocating piracy here. If the art is shittier, I don't care how much nicer the graphics are.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Silentchief

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

hes absolutely correct, and the funny thing is hes a cow. Getting bashed by your own kin oooff.

Is today opposite day with lemmings? First of all he is a hardcore lemming, look at his post history. And second of all he is factually incorrect on everything he mentioned.

We can look up dales data that despite the shortages the XSX is still behind the PS5 and won one month because of supply constraints.

We can pull Digital Foundry head to heads to see theXSX hasn't won more then half the head to heads.

And we can use metacritic and ganespot to see the PS5 has more games and more higher rated games.

Why argue when this info is a Google search away?

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@silentchief said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

Is today opposite day with lemmings? First of all he is a hardcore lemming, look at his post history. And second of all he is factually incorrect on everything he mentioned.

We can look up dales data that despite the shortages the XSX is still behind the PS5 and won one month because of supply constraints.

We can pull Digital Foundry head to heads to see theXSX hasn't won more then half the head to heads.

And we can use metacritic and ganespot to see the PS5 has more games and more higher rated games.

x_hedon has mentioned it multiple times, hes more of a cow but just likes to be truthful and honest, which is why hes respectable.

the ps5 is getting rekkd by the series S, and the xbox is 12 tflop > 9 tflop (oc to 10.28), ps5 will always be the weaker system, get over it. Maybe the ps5 pro will have a chance.

Id like to see that list of yours though. MS was publisher of the year for 2021, did you forget?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

It's not surprising if you've been gaming more than a couple of generations. That stated, I'm sure MS will come around in a couple of years.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@silentchief said:

Are you done lying?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10431 Posts
@warm_gun said:
@templecow90999 said:

Updated your lists-

PS5:

Astro's Playroom

Ratchet and Clank

Returnal

Demon's Souls Remake

Xbox:

Flight Simulator

Demon's Souls' remake has lame revisionist woke character designs

what you talking about? the create a character options?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Warm_Gun

@Macutchi said:
@warm_gun said:
@templecow90999 said:

Updated your lists-

PS5:

Astro's Playroom

Ratchet and Clank

Returnal

Demon's Souls Remake

Xbox:

Flight Simulator

No, the NPCs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@Macutchi said:
@warm_gun said:
@templecow90999 said:

Updated your lists-

PS5:

Astro's Playroom

Ratchet and Clank

Returnal

Demon's Souls Remake

Xbox:

Flight Simulator

They introduced a black guy. This game is woke now😆Like imagine even paying attention to this kind of shit. Jesus.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Warm_Gun

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10431 Posts

mind boggling that someone even notices that shit, never mind cares so much they make a f*ckin infographic about it. embarrassing

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#47 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58897 Posts

The womans are taking over!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44135 Posts

Sweet baby Jesus! What the **** am I even looking at there? Good grief. 🤦‍♂️

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3019 Posts

I seriously cant believe that picture is real,or that some people care that much. Bruh delete your account. That's embarrassing.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

PS5 : 70 USD games. Ugliest console designed since Atari 5200.

Xsex : Gamepass. Not a shelf-friendly design.

That is all I have to say about this thread.