Did u evr feel tht mostly SP games r more wasteful thn mostly MP games?

• 54 results
j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Did u evr feel tht mostly SP games r more wasteful thn mostly MP games? (68 votes)

Never. 59%
Rarely. 16%
Sometimes. 12%
Most of the time. Yes. 12%
Always! 1%

Hi SW, have you guys ever felt that playing mostly Single Player games feel more like a waste of time compared to games that you multi-player often with (Shooters, MOBAs, MMORPGs, etc.)?

With with some MMOs, you are able to sell your gears or account for real money if u decide to take a long break and the community aspect is just so instant and can even be overwhelming if you do decide to stay (guild responsibilities, helping out random new players, getting tips from random vets, PVP/PVE guild events).

Last game I finished was RE7.. then came back to an MMO and somewhat felt like I could've just leveled my character and gotten some better gears instead which can turn into real money.

..I find it a bummer that MMOs starting to feel like a job though and maybe my compulsion isn't letting me escape it.. at least for now.

I feel terrible about this and sadly, I can't think of any other hobby I'd like outside gaming. :P

• 
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

i feel lonely playing sp games sometimes

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

No and that's a stupid way of thinking.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

Don't understand the question.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7700 Posts

Getting few hundred bucks for an account you've spent hundreds or thousands of hours on, sounds like a great job

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@howmakewood said:

Getting few hundred bucks for an account you've spent hundreds or thousands of hours on, sounds like a great job

Is that the norm for MMOs? I could make anywhere from 30 to 60 USD a week off the market in what I am playing (kinda dont want to name the mmo) just by leaving my merchant and checking some auction house every few hours or low balling some vendors. Probably 8 hours total in a week.

With RE7.. I guess I lost a few bucks.

@uninspiredcup said:

I recently feel that with SP games like RE7, Persona 4 (played both), I kinda wasted my time instead of playing an MMORPG that can make real money and has some weird addictive mechanics (yeah, it's probably a skinner box).

I really hope I get over this feeling soon as I wanna enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn and FFXV.

@Randoggy said:

Definitely. I really hate how this is how I have been feeling the past 3 months.

When I play SP, the time I am sinking into SP feels like like it's wasted and then my mind goes off into the MMO I was playing where at least I can have a monetary return investment or even some reputation amongst the people I am playing with. Instant gratification via in game communication. It's a persistent MMO btw so you guys hang around in an area and talk about what you got that week, maybe show it off and help each other out in PVE or even PVP.

With an SP game.. maybe I get a digital trophy at best? kinda feels more empty and obviously "lonely".. less tangible if that even makes any sense :(

HATE THIS FEELING :(

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 j2zon2591

@Liquid_ said:

i feel lonely playing sp games sometimes

Me too.. only the past year or two tho but still :(

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

@j2zon2591 said:
@howmakewood said:

Is that the norm for MMOs? I could make anywhere from 30 to 60 USD a week off the market in what I am playing (kinda dont want to name the mmo) just by leaving my merchant and checking some auction house every few hours or low balling some vendors. Probably 8 hours total in a week.

@uninspiredcup said:

I recently feel that with SP games like RE7, Persona 4 (played both), I kinda wasted my time instead of playing an MMORPG that can make real money and has some weird addictive mechanics (yeah, it's probably a skinner box).

I really hope I get over this feeling soon as I wanna enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn and FFXV.

@Randoggy said:

Definitely. I really hate how this is how I have been feeling the past 3 months.

When I play SP, the time I am sinking into SP feels like like it's wasted and then my mind goes off into the MMO I was playing where at least I can have a monetary return investment or even some reputation amongst the people I am playing with. Instant gratification via in game communication. It's a persistent MMO btw so you guys hang around in an area and talk about what you got that week, maybe show it off and help each other out in PVE or even PVP.

With an SP game.. maybe I get a digital trophy at best? kinda feels more empty and obviously "lonely".. less tangible if that even makes any sense :(

Afraid still don't get it. The point of a game is to enjoy yourself, if it's entertaining then it's doing it's job.

If you feel it's a waste of time, or get nothing out of it unless some physical money is involved? Fair enough I guess.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Those of us who aren't insecure can actually play and enjoy a SP game, and not give a shit about what anyone else is doing or thinks.

It's called playing a game for fun and enjoyment.

The fact you are more worried about money than just playing a game is pretty sad.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Didn't know making money fom MMO's is a thing. o__O

Personnally I play games for fun and I prefer single player games by far.

Did you enjoy RE7? If yes then you didn't waste your time. :P

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7700 Posts

@j2zon2591: More of a generalization, the pay/hour is rather poor, I play video games for enjoyment, not to make a few extra bucks, but I do see that some might get enjoyment out of that as well. Heck in a small income country playing some game in a profitable way may even net a decent income, I used to run D3 bots and made 2k+ € on the best months. But yeh job for working, video games for enjoyment.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By j2zon2591

@hitmanactual said:

Those of us who aren't insecure can actually play and enjoy a SP game, and not give a shit about what anyone else is doing or thinks.

It's called playing a game for fun and enjoyment.

The fact you are more worried about money than just playing a game is pretty sad.

Yes very but money is also just a part of it. Oh and yeah. I actually have a pretty insecure overall personality and worse, compounded with always wanting the easy way out. Anyway..

I found the MMO as an extreme gaming experience as well compared to most single player games I've played.

An SP game in comparison feels like.. OMG I'm not sure what the better term is.. like masturbation compared to sex?

I feel instant connection, competitiveness, and the community aspect just very strong: Finding a great class to farm with, several builds to dick with, what instances are most profitable, watching the market and profiting from it, playing new classes and guild status (have x amount of goodies in short amount of time - shallow brags and stuff xD), responsibilities and activities.. plus again, has return cash investment.

I am sure there are even much better MMOs but even a party of 12 can be just a crazy good experience!

There's also that weird Skinner thingy like variable stuff like getting super rare items that are worth a lot or being able to snipe price mistakes in an "auction house". xD The adrenaline is just crazy running into the auction house then finding and getting the item in price mistake, which I've never really gotten in an SP game except that one time where I played Fatal Frame with a friend years ago.. that was crazy adrenaline and we ran out the room due to being spooked!

It's quite a double edged though.. For me at least: Bots are f***** - they make me feel like my time is wasted (almost close as playing an SP game), Hackers and Dupers are also *****. Arrogant in game people and smart alecks are tolerable but these cheaters just grind me lol. More sad though? I envy them and probably would do what they're doing if I was smart enough to operate cheats xD The cheaters are enjoying the MMO game, making money out of it while I bet can also play SP games simultaneously.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No SP games are not a waste of time lol

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By j2zon2591

@sukraj said:

No SP games are not a waste of time lol

Thanks!

Just a follow up question. Have you ever thought you're better off playing some multiplayer game though or do you feel multi-player game is more of a waste of time than playing SP? Why?

I'd appreciate some expansions.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I generally dont like Multi player games, online shooters are basically just online paintball, not as much variety as in single player.

MMO's /MOBA's I just cant get into

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 j2zon2591

@thehig1 said:

I generally dont like Multi player games, online shooters are basically just online paintball, not as much variety as in single player.

I see.

The only reason I'm not into MOBA and Shooters is that I'm not very good at them. Average at my peak performance I guess.

Some MMOs have that equipment aspect where you could do some easy stuff over time, gain great equipment that can somewhat compensate against pure skill. Still very situational though.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@thehig1 said:

Same. Hence while I prefer and get more value and enjoyment out of single player games.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

If it doesn't have single player in some fashion, I won't be buying it. I love For Honor but before it was announced that it had a campaign, there was no way I even considered it. Then I played the Alpha and learned that it had coop with bots as well. Immediate day one with the fun I was having. No regrets on my day one purchase.

That said, I dislike the PvP portion beyond duel as obviously few in online gaming even know what honor is.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

at least there is progress with an actual payoff

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Nah typically MP games feel like more of a waste of time to me.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

SP>>>>MP IMO

Multiplayer is essential in certain genres eg: FPS games NEED good multiplayer or it is a fail.

RPG's can remain SP and be just fine. I dislike when companies throw in a poor attempt at online just to say they have online. If you can have the best of both worlds eg: Uncharted/TLOU then you have a juggernaut of a game.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

plz dun rite' liek dis

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I often find the opposite. MP game designers seem to rely almost too much, at times, on a community providing thrills where content does not. *Glares icily at Destiny, The Division, and the rest of it's mega-AAA zillionaire money printing clones*

I'd much rather enjoy a deep offline title than a shallow MP one.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

No I have a general preference for single-player games. Multiplayer games I almost always lost interest in way sooner that what value I'd be getting with them.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24  Edited By Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

This is a silly topic

Do you feel like it's a waste of time to watch movies, listen to music, or read? These are arts meant to be enjoyed in one's leisure time, they were never intended to be profitable for the end user.

Also if you have a YouTube channel you can record your single player gameplay and make money off of advertising (be a let's player)

And making money off of MMOs is actually against the terms of service for most MMO games. So what you're doing isn't legal anyway and you shouldn't be doing it

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Yeahno.

For me, SP games tend to offer deeper and personal experiences. If anything, they are much more valuable to me. I enjoy MP with some close friends occasionally, but with the exception of UT or Halo or the like it's usually just another way to have a social interaction, and isn't really creating a different or better GAMING experience. Take Stellaris - great fun to play with my friends, but it's almost like two disparate elements: playing Stellaris (no different from SP in any tangible way) + an excuse to chat with friends while doing so. As a different example, take 7DtD - here the gameplay is more actively tied to the interactions with my friends, as we work together to build a base and scavenge resources, etc., but at the end of the day the experience is basically a sandbox... a way to chat while horsing around and clicking on stuff (kind of like Diablo MP but less one-track in the focus).

I value the social element of MP, and am looking forward to Sea of Thieves. But the social element is basically the only thing that prevents MP from being the one that I consider much more wasteful than SP games (the opposite of your view)

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Wasteful? No. But i did feel (Nioh as the latest example) like a multiplayer would've increase my enjoyment with the game quite a lot more.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46185 Posts

No, in fact I often revisit singleplayer only games from decades ago, to replay them. A great game, a great story can never age. Only graphics (and sound to a degree) really age.

Good luck finding servers for decade old games, unless they were really popular.

Also you need to check your keyboard because some letters are missing ;P

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

almost always. single player games are very rarely actually worth $60

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

I don't play games to make money outside of poker, so usually not. There will be the occasional game I regret purchasing, but that could be mp or sp.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Nope, I play games to be entertained not to earn money, I have a day job for that. I don't buy MP only games, because when I play I like to be immersed, and nothing take you out of the game like a 12 yo talking shit or someone doing something ridiculous in game.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Nope. I rather play SP so I can pause at any seconds, watch some basketball and such. I get turn off with MP only games and I will never touch another MMO after FFXi which made me gain like 20 lbs!!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Lol no... give me SP any day. MP is so boring to me.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Afraid still don't get it. The point of a game is to enjoy yourself, if it's entertaining then it's doing it's job.

If you feel it's a waste of time, or get nothing out of it unless some physical money is involved? Fair enough I guess.

Was going to say something very similar :)

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

No I nvr flt tht way. If anythng I thnk mp games are mre of a wste bcse you alwys do th sme ovr and ovr and ovr agn. And if you nd mny get a job.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

My disdain for other human beings always steers me toward single player experiences.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@nethernova said:

No I nvr flt tht way. If anythng I thnk mp games are mre of a wste bcse you alwys do th sme ovr and ovr and ovr agn. And if you nd mny get a job.

I see what you did there! ROFLMAO!!!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

Nope. Best way to game. No aggravating people. Just escape into a new world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#38 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Nope. I actually feel the opposite. I feel more I'm wasting my time by playing MP games. Same maps, same actions, over and over again... booooring

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

I prefer SP games unless its playing MP with friends. I rarely play MP with randoms.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

So because SP games aren't "profitable" (which is being generous with language here), or by the measure that every hour spent on another game takes away from stat progress in the MMO, makes them a waste of time? Am I actually reading this?

What about the entertainment value in games, as an interactive immersive experience? When did that stop mattering? If anything, putting a clock on the character building progress, as if there's a quota or you're being evaluated on your performance by some supervisor (Why aren't you at level 43 already? And where's the XY resources? You were supposed to have that last week!!) turns the game into a job. That's the mentality that takes the fun out of the experience.

I'm not against grinding or farming, it's a part of the discipline to build a powerful character to be able to overcome the bosses and other plot challenges. But ffs, get some perspective on this. If it takes longer because of work, social, or other life obligations... so what? The game should always revolve around your schedule, not the other way around. And as for "failing the guild" because you let them down by not being there when they needed you.... where the hell are your priorities? Those other players are only the boss of you if you allow them to be. I'm sure there are plenty more important things to deal with then their expectations.

It's great when games can be shared social experiences, but that community value gets lost when it becomes a burden on your personal time. That is NOT how it should be, and all games, be that single or multiplayer, above all else should be for enjoyment before some validation of accomplishments that are only achievable in the virtual realm.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@j2zon2591 said:

I don't think those single player games you're picking out to play with are doing anything for you.

Personally speaking, i love games with mechanics that i can learn, adapt to and master. To play around with, learn and enjoy new experiences. The harder they are, the more unique they are, the better.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I tottally understand you. It's because you can't "show off" with the things you accomplished in single player. You can't show your friends what you have done in singleplayer. Besides achievements ofcourse.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 j2zon2591

@uninspiredcup said:
@j2zon2591 said:
@howmakewood said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Randoggy said:

Hmm.. Thanks for trying to understand. It's like being presented with 2 different foods which either serves their purpose. One probably better than the other due to preference/taste with even a return investment but only if you can tolerate a bit of some bad aftertaste. Still confusing? Sorry, I am really terrible at this :(

@aigis said:

at least there is progress with an actual payoff

Very simple words but this means a lot to me. Basically that kind of feeling against mostly SP games.

@Star67 said:

This is a silly topic

Do you feel like it's a waste of time to watch movies, listen to music, or read? These are arts meant to be enjoyed in one's leisure time, they were never intended to be profitable for the end user.

Also if you have a YouTube channel you can record your single player gameplay and make money off of advertising (be a let's player)

And making money off of MMOs is actually against the terms of service for most MMO games. So what you're doing isn't legal anyway and you shouldn't be doing it

Can't believe I didn't post it. I was gonna say about the monetization in YT but too bad I don't have the talent/know how for it (play SP games, stream, get moolah, don't get DMCA'd).

LPing, I can't really see it for myself but I'm curious on how easy this is compared to making money off MMOs. I assume it's harder cuz there are now more competition with LPers?

Interesting, is it illegal as in real jail time or just frowned upon by devs and you get an account ban? In what I see in the community, you get a ban or gear wipe but not jail time.

@xantufrog said:

Yeahno.

For me, SP games tend to offer deeper and personal experiences. If anything, they are much more valuable to me. I enjoy MP with some close friends occasionally, but with the exception of UT or Halo or the like it's usually just another way to have a social interaction, and isn't really creating a different or better GAMING experience. Take Stellaris - great fun to play with my friends, but it's almost like two disparate elements: playing Stellaris (no different from SP in any tangible way) + an excuse to chat with friends while doing so. As a different example, take 7DtD - here the gameplay is more actively tied to the interactions with my friends, as we work together to build a base and scavenge resources, etc., but at the end of the day the experience is basically a sandbox... a way to chat while horsing around and clicking on stuff (kind of like Diablo MP but less one-track in the focus).

I value the social element of MP, and am looking forward to Sea of Thieves. But the social element is basically the only thing that prevents MP from being the one that I consider much more wasteful than SP games (the opposite of your view)

Interesting. I do agree about the positives of the social elements and I've also posted it somewhere above. It is quite a draw.

How about an MMO with the usual progression? Is Stellaris like that too? What's your take on MMOs. Thanks.

@silversix_ said:

Wasteful? No. But i did feel (Nioh as the latest example) like a multiplayer would've increase my enjoyment with the game quite a lot more.

Nice.

@byof_america said:

I don't play games to make money outside of poker, so usually not. There will be the occasional game I regret purchasing, but that could be mp or sp.

Me too. It's just that I am also kinda enjoying the game AND making some money out of it. Man, I need to even learn the basics of poker come to think of it.

@bmanva said:

Nope, I play games to be entertained not to earn money, I have a day job for that. I don't buy MP only games, because when I play I like to be immersed, and nothing take you out of the game like a 12 yo talking shit or someone doing something ridiculous in game.

I also play games to be mostly entertained but this one incidentally grants me some pocket change alongside. Granted I don't really make much money tho xD

Ah. Tried other MP games like an MMO? I've never really played online shooters or what not. Never experienced this "annoying kid with a mic" yet. I'd probably get traumatized xD

@Bread_or_Decide said:

My disdain for other human beings always steers me toward single player experiences.

kinda happened to me at some point.. but I came back xD

@Vatusus said:

Nope. I actually feel the opposite. I feel more I'm wasting my time by playing MP games. Same maps, same actions, over and over again... booooring

I do mostly enjoy the homogenized modern games (AAA) and that's kinda how it feels like and I only get maybe trophies? I guess closures then moving onto the next SP game is kinda okay but currently.. currently.. seems worse than with an MMO i kinda enjoy and make some money off of.

@AdobeArtist said:

So because SP games aren't "profitable" (which is being generous with language here), or by the measure that every hour spent on another game takes away from stat progress in the MMO, makes them a waste of time? Am I actually reading this?

What about the entertainment value in games, as an interactive immersive experience? When did that stop mattering? If anything, putting a clock on the character building progress, as if there's a quota or you're being evaluated on your performance by some supervisor (Why aren't you at level 43 already? And where's the XY resources? You were supposed to have that last week!!) turns the game into a job. That's the mentality that takes the fun out of the experience.

I'm not against grinding or farming, it's a part of the discipline to build a powerful character to be able to overcome the bosses and other plot challenges. But ffs, get some perspective on this. If it takes longer because of work, social, or other life obligations... so what? The game should always revolve around your schedule, not the other way around. And as for "failing the guild" because you let them down by not being there when they needed you.... where the hell are your priorities? Those other players are only the boss of you if you allow them to be. I'm sure there are plenty more important things to deal with then their expectations.

It's great when games can be shared social experiences, but that community value gets lost when it becomes a burden on your personal time. That is NOT how it should be, and all games, be that single or multiplayer, above all else should be for enjoyment before some validation of accomplishments that are only achievable in the virtual realm.

WOW I totally understand these major downsides of an MMORPG that you've kinda mentioned but I am so glad it's never been like that for me. People I've been with are mostly understanding if you miss the "responsibilities" but I guess because we aren't among the top tier PVP guilds. Worst I got was a fairly strict person telling me what I should be doing in a party but in a manner where he wasn't cursing or anything. In fact that supposed worst person in our guild is still very, very helpful with giving out great tips whenever asked! Real life tsundere?

Basically, it should be enjoyable and I kinda get that. For me it's like both are "entertaining" but the other just has more going for it on top of some spare change but yeah.. SOON real SOON it's gonna feel like a job and I wish I would have the stomach to instant quit. I wanna enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn and FFXV soon and this freaking mmorpg attraction 99% over in my head while I play these SP games!

@Lucianu said:
@j2zon2591 said:

I don't think those single player games you're picking out to play with are doing anything for you.

Personally speaking, i love games with mechanics that i can learn, adapt to and master. To play around with, learn and enjoy new experiences. The harder they are, the more unique they are, the better.

Probably but with the mmos I feel like I can do what you said "learn, adapt master, play around, etc." even far more content than most SP games.. and with progression and money. I do get that it can be fakey and all and purposely grinding (skinner box) but aren't a lot of games basically that?

PVP in the mmo I play also raises the bar with skill, mastery and hard work of acquiring powerful gears but tbh, I am just not good with that but enjoy the other aspects of MMORPG (an MP game) so less of that and more co-op in mmo.

@speedfog said:

I tottally understand you. It's because you can't "show off" with the things you accomplished in single player. You can't show your friends what you have done in singleplayer. Besides achievements ofcourse.

A part of it yeah but not just it.

the MMO just feels so much more instant and connected than an SP game and as hypothesized can be far more rewarding with RNG/variable rate reward than most SP games.

Again, SP no longer gives me any crazy adrenaline rush when a team 8+ gets to kill a hard boss, getting a super rare drop, finding crazy prices in auction house and helping each other out in dungeons real time.. heck even find random strangers to chat and play with can be so much entertaining!

I wish I had more control with my emotions and taste so I can enjoy SP more again!

I feel like letting it all out in this forum is really helping me.

Thank you guys! Keep 'em coming! :D

@howmakewood said:

@j2zon2591: More of a generalization, the pay/hour is rather poor, I play video games for enjoyment, not to make a few extra bucks, but I do see that some might get enjoyment out of that as well. Heck in a small income country playing some game in a profitable way may even net a decent income, I used to run D3 bots and made 2k+ € on the best months. But yeh job for working, video games for enjoyment.

2K in amonth!? Amazing! U damned botter I am super jelly of UUUUU!!

DEFINITELY. I can imagine living amazingly well with just MMO money if I were in such places!

So with D3 it only felt like a job to you and don't really enjoy it? Then again u damned cheater ( I am envious) u can BOT and play othjer games too lol xD

Love your shared story!

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

I look at SP and MP games very differently.

SP: A playable book. A way to get lost in a story.

MP: A way to relax and hangout with friends.

I view neither as a waste of time. But someone my view both as a waste of time. Its all a preference. Watching sports could be a waste of time for someone but for others it's a way to relax and hang out with friends.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

I rarely finish single player games nowadays. I love multiplayer because its more meaningful to me to be playing against real people and having fun online.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Use proper spelling.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Damn. I guess playing on Xbone really is turning into a chore. I'll stick to the PS4.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

Not really, SP games tend to be more thought out while mp games focus on ways to bring in more revenue.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@j2zon2591 said:
@bmanva said:

I also play games to be mostly entertained but this one incidentally grants me some pocket change alongside. Granted I don't really make much money tho xD

Ah. Tried other MP games like an MMO? I've never really played online shooters or what not. Never experienced this "annoying kid with a mic" yet. I'd probably get traumatized xD

Except the amount is so small that it's probably comparable to what you'd get from selling SP games after you're done, so I don't see it as being a factor when I choose the games.

Yes, I've played MMORPGs in the past. There are still people doing ridiculous things that takes you out of the experience, like dancing next to quest givers, running through hubs etc. Point is with SP, everything besides you is designed by developers to pull you into the game world, where as in any MP games, other players care less about "role play" and more about getting things done in game (i.e. completing quest, gaining level, getting new gears etc). Worse, you would have some assholes who's sole entertainment is being dicks to others. I'm not an antisocial person by nature, but the extra level of anonymity online seem to bring out the worst in some players. That's ultimately the reason I tend to shun MP focus games. That said, I do buy and play some PvE or coop games with my circle of gaming friends as a way to socialize.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#50 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I prefer SP game and never bother with MP games.

With SP game I can enjoy the game at my own pace, get lost in the story, explore, forget real life for a moment.

With MP games I feel it is just too competitive for me. You have to be the best or better than you were to be higher in the rank and also enjoy the game while there is people playing it ... So many of those MP games will be dead weight in a matter of time while SP game can still be enjoyable in 10 years.