Did Gamespot just completely missed this news story?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Click Here

Marvelous Entertainment suggests making plans on up-scaling and porting in some of their existing and upcoming Wii games to the PS3 and 360.

Though i ultimately decided against getting a Wii since i already have two home consoles and i cannot imagine devoting time to the other, i am psyched to possible finally being able to play Maramusa's Demon's Blade, No More Heroes franchise, and Little Kings Story on the PS3.

that is just awesome.

these games i think will appeal far more on the 360 and PS3 fanbase, don't you?

thoughts?

elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
If they don't miss them, they'll always be two days late for the news.
ropumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ropumar
Member since 2005 • 1135 Posts

From the games listed only 1 game I would be slight interest would be NO MORE HEROES if they did a complete engine overhaul, with high budget and made a truly next-title, be a sequel to "No more heroes 1/2" or a remake.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
No more heroes works well with the wii mote so i dont think itll transition too greatly onto different platforms.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
If only that included the PC. :\
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Rarely do ports sell particularly well after the fact , especially niche titles without a lot of marketing.

HGAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 HGAT
Member since 2008 • 1366 Posts

Little Kings Story looks aawesome little sim!!! that was gonna be one the first games, i was thinking of buying. When i finally get round to getting a wii.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Rarely do ports sell particularly well after the fact , especially niche titles without a lot of marketing.

Nike_Air

The problem is they sold weak even on Wii, they might not sell huge numbers on PS3 and 360, but what they do might make a diffrence between going bancrupt or not for the dev

player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 player_leo
Member since 2002 • 1483 Posts
I think they need to port over Fatal Frame 4.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

AdrianWerner

The problem is they sold weak even on Wii, they might not sell huge numbers on PS3 and 360, but what they do might make a diffrence between going bancrupt or not for the dev

Right. I can't imagine that getting Wii titles up and running on the Xbox 360/PS3 would take a lot of work as long as waggle initially didn't play a huge role.

DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
I do think that one of the main problems with their sales is there is basically no advertisement. I don't think they should port their Wii games to 360/PS3, but create new ones for these systems.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -RPGamer-

I do think that one of the main problems with their sales is there is basically no advertisement. I don't think they should port their Wii games to 360/PS3, but create new ones for these systems.DaViD_99

WHile I agree, they seem to be looking for a way to get the most bang for their work, with minimal new work. Creating new IP, or instances of existing IP, on either of those systems is probably out of their range based on their history at the moment.

Rudy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rudy25
Member since 2003 • 2001 Posts

I think they need to port over Fatal Frame 4.player_leo

I still can't finish Crimson Butterfly

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Click Here

Marvelous Entertainment suggests making plans on up-scaling and porting in some of their existing and upcoming Wii games to the PS3 and 360.

Though i ultimately decided against getting a Wii since i already have two home consoles and i cannot imagine devoting time to the other, i am psyched to possible finally being able to play Maramusa's Demon's Blade, No More Heroes franchise, and Little Kings Story on the PS3.

that is just awesome.

thoughts?

SaudiFury

OLD NEWS ON SW'S!!! Basically they should wait and see what overall sales are like over several months than jump the gun. No More Heroes was rubbish and would not sell well on any console let alone PS3/360 and was Suda's best selling game. I cannot talk about the other games.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Nintendo owns Fatal Frame franchise.
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaViD_99

[QUOTE="DaViD_99"]I do think that one of the main problems with their sales is there is basically no advertisement. I don't think they should port their Wii games to 360/PS3, but create new ones for these systems.-RPGamer-

WHile I agree, they seem to be looking for a way to get the most bang for their work, with minimal new work. Creating new IP, or instances of existing IP, on either of those systems is probably out of their range based on their history at the moment.

Yeah thats true because they don't want to spend use a lot of money to make new games.
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

-RPGamer-

Right. I can't imagine that getting Wii titles up and running on the Xbox 360/PS3 would take a lot of work as long as waggle initially didn't play a huge role.

Actually I agree, with some control steak and engine refinement it could be as quick a process as going from x-box to 360 like Bully did. If this happens i think the Wii is pretty much redundant. Muramassa was one of the only game i was going to get the system for, If it coming to 360 (in 720p!! Take THAT sheep all your games are belong to us :P) then I won't bother
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

Click Here

that is just awesome.

thoughts?

As a Wii owner I feel obligated to tell you not to bother with No More Heros.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

Click Here

that is just awesome.

thoughts?

Serraph105

it's love it or hate it, sudas games aren't there for the gameplay though

i loved the game simply for the subtext.. gotta love those bosses too

anyways, i don't see these games selling much better on the competition

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -RPGamer-

Actually I agree, with some control steak and engine refinement it could be as quick a process as going from x-box to 360 like Bully did. If this happens i think the Wii is pretty much redundant. Muramassa was one of the only game i was going to get the system for, If it coming to 360 (in 720p!! Take THAT sheep all your games are belong to us :P) then I won't bother BoloTheGreat

Yeah I can see this from two points of view.

1. If this begins a 3rd party trend then why would I invest in a Wii version if a 360/PS3 version can output at a better resolution with achievements/trophies? I wouldn't is my answer.

2. In the same instance I fear 3rd parties may say "why do all this waggle/pointer control, if we have to do a standard layout to port anyway?" Part of me doesn't care if this is the out come b/c I haven't really seen that great of a benefit of waggle/pointer over standard console controls at this point (save for a very select few games, mostly 1st party anyway).

In the end I think I support this direction, of 3rd parties porting up to the 360/PS3.

DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaViD_99
[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

Click Here

that is just awesome.

thoughts?

I thought a lot of people love NMH? I was going to get it today for 15 bucks... So i don't know anymore. Either that or get points for Bit Trip Core and Majoras Mask.
Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

TBH I'll agree its their promotion, while adding them to other consoles will help... overall they need to market them better, they cant just expect well-made games to be good sellers, we have millions of idiots watching trash like transformers 2 while hardly anyone saw Citizen Kane, the one movie that is considered the greatest movie of all time.

zaibutzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 zaibutzu
Member since 2004 • 1276 Posts
Not really. Those games might not appeal as much to the PS3 fanbase
nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts
They can ports their games to PS3 and 360, but it might bankrupt them.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

awesome!!!! I am personally pumped for muramasa: the demon blade and no more heroes! and if little king's story has a chance of being ported over that would be cool as well.

those are probably the only few titles on the wii I would like to play anyways :D

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

huh.... i'd figure i wasn't the only one really looking forward to being to play some of these games....

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Too bad nintendo owns it.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

I hope mara. comes out for my PS3. the wii mote is so fail I have nine gamecube controllers for the junk. lol

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
And I still won't play them
skatatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 skatatay
Member since 2007 • 1617 Posts

No more Heroes was an awesome game on the wii. If they did it right though they could make it work for 360/PS3

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

No more Heroes was an awesome game on the wii. If they did it right though they could make it work for 360/PS3

skatatay
I think it might get lost in the other games just like it. I really did not think No More Heroes was that good. I just hope they sell better...Though I don't think it will. Poor Marvelous by saying this now they will only hurt their sells even more.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
I would pick up all 3 of those games if they were on the PS3/360. I have a Wii and cant stand playing games on it.
bl33kda58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bl33kda58
Member since 2007 • 220 Posts

I dont think they get thie problem.The problemis not it being on the wii its the fact that there is NO advertising.How is somebody gonna buy a game that they dont know about.