Did Anyone See These New HALO3 Screens?

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

[QUOTE="baddog121390"]One opinion? Not to mention the guy who made that quote (GameSpot review) was an amature reviewer. Looks like everyone at the GameSpot staff disagreed with him, as it's not in their Greatest Games of All Time List -- while 8 other PC shooters are.
RCade3

Amatuer reviewers Greg Kasavin and Joe Fielder(Site Director). The last game that was added to GS's GGATL was FF VII 8/11/06, seems to me like they need to update. Also, this may or may not play a role in their choice I don't know, the latest game to be added was made in '00. Maybe CE isn't old enough. Take a gander at Halos track record for scores. Pretty impressive: Combat Evolved and Halo 2

For scores? Low standards on the platform is the answer to that.

/generic answer

what's your personal vendetta against halo anyway

he iz 2 H4RDC0R3 phore teh GHEYLO
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#152 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

Amatuer reviewers Greg Kasavin and Joe Fielder(Site Director). The last game that was added to GS's GGATL was FF VII 8/11/06, seems to me like they need to update. Also, this may or may not play a role in their choice I don't know, the latest game to be added was made in '00. Maybe CE isn't old enough. Take a gander at Halos track record for scores. Pretty impressive: Combat Evolved and Halo 2

baddog121390

/generic answer

Well then you deffiantly don't want to look at Far Cry. :? If you don't want scores, then what do you want? Should I just keep pulling quotes, like this "What's to Like: Everything.  FPS goodness at it's finest (on a console, no less).  What's Not to Like: Getting used to the controller rather than a mouse/keyboard combo." - GameRankings

RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 RCade3
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

i see, i see said the blind man to his deaf son

Avatar image for deactivated-62d1b87aec423
deactivated-62d1b87aec423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#154 deactivated-62d1b87aec423
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
I'm sick of these "Alpha" screens. When will we see the good stuff? WHERES THE GOOD NEWS?! AAAHHH!!!iammason
LOL! I remember that!
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Bansheesdie
what's your personal vendetta against halo anywayRCade3
I'd say its the fact that Halo is a console FPS that has been called as good as the best PC FPSs.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]

Bansheesdie

/generic answer

Well then you deffiantly don't want to look at Far Cry. :? If you don't want scores, then what do you want? Should I just keep pulling quotes, like this "What's to Like: Everything. FPS goodness at it's finest (on a console, no less). What's Not to Like: Getting used to the controller rather than a mouse/keyboard combo." - GameRankings

PC has higher standards. So I can look at it if I want.:?

FPS goodness? On a console, yes. PC had Tribes in 1996 -- Halo was a little behind, don't ya' think?
RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 RCade3
[QUOTE="RCade3"]what's your personal vendetta against halo anywayBansheesdie
I'd say its the fact that Halo is a console FPS that has been called as good as the best PC FPSs.

for people like me halo is awesome because my pc sux something awful
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 baddog121390
[QUOTE="RCade3"]what's your personal vendetta against halo anywayBansheesdie

Is that why Half-Life is still more enjoyable than Halo even over such a time span?
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="Rob2223"]i will laugh at all the Haters when we see Halo 3s awesome graphics when it releases, cows better accept ownage.Rob2223
Haven't people already seen the E3 trailer?

bu but teh CGI :cry: !11!1!1!one eleven

seriously though Bungie hasnt lied to anyone yet, Halo 3 will look like the e3 trailer, no doubt in my mind

You sound like cows 2 years ago w/ the Killzone trailer.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts

[QUOTE="alfy13"]why do ppl keep showing off these very bad textures pics. tired of seeing these ugly pics, and also how coem a game that beening in dev stage for 2yrs still look like crap?bender007

crappy camera work not Screen shot

sorry the ground textures look very last gen. and no im not blind. and also im tired of bungie using the pre alpha build as an excuse for bad graphics. If Id, EPic, Valve release pre alpha build pics, but the graphics look close to finish product. then i think bungie can do the same. bu t that is my opinion.

and the sad thing is, after 2 yrs in dev time. tehy still cant put out a decent pic. sorry but did bungie forget , we are now in the next gen era lol

RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 RCade3
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="RCade3"]what's your personal vendetta against halo anywaybaddog121390

Is that why Half-Life is still more enjoyable than Halo even over such a time span?

link?
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#163 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

SID - Still in Development

You can't expect too see much while the game is still in the development process.

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Rob2223
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="RCade3"]what's your personal vendetta against halo anywaybaddog121390

you mean Half Life 2? and anyway......you PC gamers are too close minded, HAlo is an amazing FPS, and competes with ALOT of the good PC FPS's ive played.

Obviously PC gamers are too "1337" for Halo. or any Console FPS for that matter.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Bansheesdie

PC has higher standards. So I can look at it if I want.:?

FPS goodness? On a console, yes. PC had Tribes in 1996 -- Halo was a little behind, don't ya' think?
baddog121390

I hear that a lot, you'd be surprised. I'm not sure I understand the part about Tribes. Halo wasn't even being thought of in 1998, Bungie was in the middle of Marathon.

"PC has higher standards", so when you read things that say that Combat Evolved is the best of PC FPS gaming on a console. What do you say to yourself? When you read that Halo 2, CEs much scrutinized sequel, is better then most on the PC. What do you say to yourself? I'm guessing its something like "BS, I don't believe it so it can't be true!" then you go and play __________.(On your super tweaked PC of course)

bender007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 bender007
Member since 2005 • 4377 Posts
[QUOTE="bender007"]

[QUOTE="alfy13"]why do ppl keep showing off these very bad textures pics. tired of seeing these ugly pics, and also how coem a game that beening in dev stage for 2yrs still look like crap?alfy13

crappy camera work not Screen shot

sorry the ground textures look very last gen. and no im not blind. and also im tired of bungie using the pre alpha build as an excuse for bad graphics. If Id, EPic, Valve release pre alpha build pics, but the graphics look close to finish product. then i think bungie can do the same. bu t that is my opinion.

and the sad thing is, after 2 yrs in dev time. tehy still cant put out a decent pic. sorry but did bungie forget , we are now in the next gen era lol

they never blamed anything on Pre- Alpha build but the distortion is from the flash and the light of the Tv and the fact the screen is made of glass and someone isn't holding camera studay or there is movement on the screen.

and it isn't the final version

RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 RCade3
[QUOTE="RCade3"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="RCade3"]what's your personal vendetta against halo anywayBansheesdie

link?

With all do respect, your an idiot.(RCade3)

my bad i left out lol, normally i would take offence to that but since you said "With all do respect"... I'll let it slide this time.....................lol
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
Let the haters hate, they will just be owned when the final product comes out
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Bansheesdie
my bad i left out lol, normally i would take offence to that but since you said "With all do respect"... I'll let it slide this time.....................lolRCade3
I only said it because you asked for a link to prove an oppinion. I thought that was so stupidly funny.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 baddog121390

[QUOTE="baddog121390"]PC has higher standards. So I can look at it if I want.:?

Bansheesdie

I hear that a lot, you'd be surprised. I'm not sure I understand the part about Tribes. Halo wasn't even being thought of in 1998, Bungie was in the middle of Marathon.

"PC has higher standards", so when you read things that say that Combat Evolved is the best of PC FPS gaming on a console. What do you say to yourself? When you read that Halo 2, CEs much scrutinized sequel, is better then most on the PC. What do you say to yourself? I'm guessing its something like "BS, I don't believe it so it can't be true!" then you go and play __________.(On your super tweaked PC of course)

I think: "they have a twisted taste on shooters". I have Halo on PC and beat Halo 2 co-op at my friends house. I play Halo 2 split-screen every day at my buddie's apartment juring my lunch break. I'm going to be buying Halo 2 for my PC. Why? Do I think it belongs in the greatest shooters list? No. I just like to buy great games -- they don't need to be editor's choice (on PC standards) or whatnot.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Halo didn't have the greatest graphics at the time

Halo 2 didn't have the greatest graphics at the time

Halo 3.....

RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 RCade3
[QUOTE="RCade3"]my bad i left out lol, normally i would take offence to that but since you said "With all do respect"... I'll let it slide this time.....................lolBansheesdie
I only said it because you asked for a link to prove an oppinion. I thought that was so stupidly funny.

ok i still can't tell if your insulting me but hey i don't care, how bout those halo screens
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Rob2223

Halo 3.....

AvIdGaMeR444

and they scored 9.7, and 9.4

Gameplay > Graphics.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Timstuff
Why is it that when Sony underdelivers, they "deserve every bit of criticism they get", but when MS underdelivers, they're entitled to words like "give them some time" and "you'll be eating crow in 6 months"? Ah, the glorious double-standard that is fanboyism...
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Bansheesdie
I think: "they have a twisted taste on shooters". I have Halo on PC and beat Halo 2 co-op at my friends house. I play Halo 2 split-screen every day at my buddie's apartment juring my lunch break. I'm going to be buying Halo 2 for my PC. Why? Do I think it belongs in the greatest shooters list? No. I just like to buy great games -- they don't need to be editor's choice (on PC standards) or whatnot.
baddog121390
Well theres your problem right there. You played CE on the PC, which is a far inferrior version to its Xbox counterpart (trust me, I own both).
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Bansheesdie
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="RCade3"]my bad i left out lol, normally i would take offence to that but since you said "With all do respect"... I'll let it slide this time.....................lolRCade3

ok i still can't tell if your insulting me but hey i don't care, how bout those halo screens

I am not insulting you.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Bansheesdie
Why is it that when Sony underdelivers, they "deserve every bit of criticism they get", but when MS underdelivers, they're entitled to words like "give them some time" and "you'll be eating crow in 6 months"? Ah, the glorious double-standard that is fanboyism...Timstuff
The Xbox fanboys are more ruthless, or annoying. Take your pick.
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#179 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
Why is it that when Sony underdelivers, they "deserve every bit of criticism they get", but when MS underdelivers, they're entitled to words like "give them some time" and "you'll be eating crow in 6 months"? Ah, the glorious double-standard that is fanboyism...Timstuff

Why is that when Sony underdelivers it's " wait in 6 month " , and when MS underdelivers it's "TLHBO" ?
RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 RCade3
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Why is it that when Sony underdelivers, they "deserve every bit of criticism they get", but when MS underdelivers, they're entitled to words like "give them some time" and "you'll be eating crow in 6 months"? Ah, the glorious double-standard that is fanboyism...Bansheesdie
The Xbox fanboys are more ruthless, or annoying. Take your pick.

i pick annoying, that's what all fanboys are
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"]I think: "they have a twisted taste on shooters". I have Halo on PC and beat Halo 2 co-op at my friends house. I play Halo 2 split-screen every day at my buddie's apartment juring my lunch break. I'm going to be buying Halo 2 for my PC. Why? Do I think it belongs in the greatest shooters list? No. I just like to buy great games -- they don't need to be editor's choice (on PC standards) or whatnot.
Bansheesdie
Well theres your problem right there. You played CE on the PC, which is a far inferrior version to its Xbox counterpart (trust me, I own both).

No that's not my problem. Playing it in HD, EAX 5.1 sound certainly improved the experience over Xbox. Once I finished the half-assed single-player, I had fun with the online mode.
bender007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 bender007
Member since 2005 • 4377 Posts

I Think Halo 3 will be worth the wait and plus as Bungie said that this sin't the exact end it's the end of the "story arc".

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Bansheesdie
Why is that when Sony underdelivers it's " wait in 6 month " , and when MS underdelivers it's "TLHBO" ?
Prid3r
What cows say about the PS3 is brought to mind.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#184 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
Well it blows away anything the PS3 has to offer.
RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 RCade3
Well it blows away anything the PS3 has to offer.turgore
hey we were just talking about you.
madcapper248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 madcapper248
Member since 2005 • 1842 Posts
Considering the game doesnt come out for a good 9 FREAKIN' MONTHS; I'd say it looks pretty freakin awesome. And those shots are taken off a screen, maybe a projector, so the resolution's gonna already be crap.
obi_kenobi24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 obi_kenobi24
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts

Because MS isn't asking for $600 dollars now are they??
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

Halo 3.....

Rob2223

and they scored 9.7, and 9.4

Gameplay > Graphics.

Understood, but wasn't this topic about the Halo 3 screens?

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Timstuff
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Why is it that when Sony underdelivers, they "deserve every bit of criticism they get", but when MS underdelivers, they're entitled to words like "give them some time" and "you'll be eating crow in 6 months"? Ah, the glorious double-standard that is fanboyism...obi_kenobi24

So what?
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
i wish they would release some new builds of the game. 2 yrs in waiting is um enough .
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
i guess people expect the alpha builds to look like the finish products. I just dont get itmymindismadeup
why don't you compare it to crysis alpha and tell me why crysis looks a whole gen better, halo 3 looks like a xbox game
hhscorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 hhscorpion
Member since 2004 • 847 Posts
Commonnnnnnnnnnnnnn
The site that posted these pictures already confirmed that this is alpha. There is a reason bungie hasnt shown much gamplay yet.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 baddog121390
[QUOTE="mymindismadeup"]i guess people expect the alpha builds to look like the finish products. I just dont get itimprezawrx500
why don't you compare it to crysis alpha and tell me why crysis looks a whole gen better, halo 3 looks like a xbox game

Crysis pre-Alpha. It won't be in alpha until March the earilest.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Why is it that when Sony underdelivers, they "deserve every bit of criticism they get", but when MS underdelivers, they're entitled to words like "give them some time" and "you'll be eating crow in 6 months"? Ah, the glorious double-standard that is fanboyism...obi_kenobi24

No, they're asking for $400... And then $50... And then $50... And then $50... And then $50...
jwcyclone15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 jwcyclone15
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts

the last one looks AMAZING for Alpha.

Rob2223

Take a look at Crysis....
xbox3604lyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 xbox3604lyf
Member since 2006 • 792 Posts
Well it blows away anything the PS3 has to offer.turgore
true and if geow of war is using 100% of 360 power then motorstorm is 100% of ps3 power
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#197 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts

I like it, whats wrong again.... o yeah, graphics are everything