SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

It's also coming to iOS and Android! Know your news!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's also coming to iOS and Android! Know your news!

Another win for PC. I might even try this out if my country doesn't ban this like they did with Lost Ark (lootboxes or some monetization issue).

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

What I don't have is time for is Blizzard 'content'

😂

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Holy crap, Microsoft owns this. Suck it Sony, welcome back America 🇺🇸!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k

@pyro1245 said:

What I don't have is time for is Blizzard 'content'

😂

Put down your phone and make some time.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Is this that thing that the audience reacted to with dead silence when Blizzard announced it years back?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k

@Postosuchus said:

Is this that thing that the audience reacted to with dead silence when Blizzard announced it years back?

Yeah it made for some great memes and immortalised the guy that asked them if they were serious, because everyone was anticipating a real game, not a weak mobile spin-off.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Meh, Diablo with a battle Pass just doesn't sound right to me. I'll keep waiting til 4 is out.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k

@girlusocrazy said:

I tried with Diablo, Diablo II and Diablo III but couldn't get into these games. Diablo III felt good on a controller, but I didn't get the same seratonin that others got out of doing the loop over and over for loot drops.

Good news for fans tho I guess?

Yeah it's weird as Diablo nails this formula for me, but other games that do the same thing (Borderlands) bore me to tears.

I also found Diablo II remake to work really well on controller, it gave you more options than KB/M in fact.

@Miyomatic said:

Meh, Diablo with a battle Pass just doesn't sound right to me. I'll keep waiting til 4 is out.

Oh really? A battlepass, damn that does kill my hype somewhat.

Seeing as how this is free (to play) there will be no holds barred when it comes to monetizing this... sigh.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Oh this is the mobile game that nobody asked for, easy pass.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

All those hard long years and work put into a phone game (and PC now)...

good job

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Ah, the game no one asked for and even made their fans angry, after which Blizzard insulted said fans.

I'll pass on this effort to milk people (mostly children) dry. Hopefully it fails hard, and Blizzard dies a quick death so they can't harm any more people or destroy their own legacy any further.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@Litchie said:

Ah, the game no one asked for and even made their fans angry, after which Blizzard insulted said fans.

I'll pass on this effort to milk people (mostly children) dry. Hopefully it fails hard, and Blizzard dies a quick death so they can't harm any more people or destroy their own legacy any further.

But Diablo IV doesn't look too shabby.

I'll be the first to claim Blizzard isn't like their former self and I pretty much avoid all their games now, but I'll most likely get Diablo IV.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

Always love me some Diablo but I’ll have to wait for this to come to consoles if I want to play it. Am much more interested in Diablo IV though anyway.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

But Diablo IV doesn't look too shabby.

I'll be the first to claim Blizzard isn't like their former self and I pretty much avoid all their games now, but I'll most likely get Diablo IV.

I'm keeping an eye on it, but suspect a turd in the making there too.

First off, Diablo 3 was very fucking far from what I wanted it to be, and Blizzard today don't even seem similar to the Blizzard I liked years ago. But if it actually turns out good, I'll sure play it too. It already looks much better than Diablo 3, artstyle-wise. Almost like they cared a little bit about their Diablo fans this time.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k

@Litchie said:

I'm keeping an eye on it, but suspect a turd in the making there too.

First off, Diablo 3 was very fucking far from what I wanted it to be, and Blizzard today don't even seem similar to the Blizzard I liked years ago. But if it actually turns out good, I'll sure play it too. It already looks much better than Diablo 3, artstyle-wise. Almost like they cared a little bit about their Diablo fans this time.

You're right. I finished Diablo 3 twice and eventhough I had fun on both runs, the magic was definitely missing.

I think Diablo IV looks fine from a technical view: the audio and visuals, but will it be a fun game? Or just a cynical attempt at making Bobby Kotick filthy richer?

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Wait why the f would a PC gamer play this over Diablo 4? Its a mobile game it was supposed to not come to PC they said it blizzcon don't you have phones remember?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

Not enough phone gamer users apparently, so they opted for an additional PC release. Either way, hard pass from me on all things Activision-Blizzard does, and can't say I get the market for games like this? This feels like a middle-ground that works on all devices but isn't great for any of them, it's either a neutered console game or it's a busy-ass 3D mobile game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

@zerothehero said:

Wait why the f would a PC gamer play this over Diablo 4? Its a mobile game it was supposed to not come to PC they said it blizzcon don't you have phones remember?

Immortalized

@davillain said:

Not enough phone gamer users apparently, so they opted for an additional PC release. Either way, hard pass from me on all things Activision-Blizzard does, and can't say I get the market for games like this? This feels like a middle-ground that works on all devices but isn't great for any of them, it's either a neutered console game or it's a busy-ass 3D mobile game.

Hmm, I did plan on trying this. It looked like more Diablo 3, but you're probably right: even design wise this will be catered towards the lowest comon denominator.

Meaning smaller levels and more bit sized gameplay, catered to mobile users. Instead of a game you can sink hours into and still want to raid another dungeon.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I can’t stand mobile games, it will prob be loaded with microtransactions like the rest of them. I’ll take a pass and wait for Diablo IV

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Eww, looks like Diablo III.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3054 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Eww, looks like Diablo III.

This. The Blizzard I loved died well over a decade ago.