uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58944 Posts

Love it or hate it, this game has had excellent support.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-18-blizzard-unveils-diablo-3s-season-16-for-pc-xbox-one-ps4-and-switch

Blizzard unveils Diablo 3's Season 16 for PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Switch

New buff, new cosmetics, and more.

Blizzard has unveiled Diablo 3's Season 16, which launches today on PC, and tomorrow on Xbox One, PS4, and Switch, bringing with it new buffs, new cosmetics, and more.

On the buff front, Blizzard says all players will benefit from The Ring of Royal Grandeur for the duration of Season 16. Notably, as well as offering various stat adjustments, this reduces the number of items needed to benefit from your chosen class' set bonuses by one, handily opening up a gear slot. "For the uninitiated," explains Blizzard, "this means many classes may be able to combine different Class Set bonuses in new ways - or squeeze yet another Legendary power into their favorite builds."

Elsewhere, players that opt to progress through Diablo 3's latest Season Journey will be able to obtain a selection of new cosmetic rewards. There's the Conqueror Set, consisting of Helm and Shoulder pieces, a new series of portrait frames "themed around the clarion call of adventure", plus The Wings of Lempo. The latter is described as being "a cosmically rare drop".

Season 16 also sees a new rotation of Seasonal Conquests and of the Classic Sets available via Haedrig's Gift. The gifts in question can be obtained by completing chapters 2, 3, and 4 in the latest Season Journey, and contain a few pieces of a specific Class Sets.

This time around, the available sets are Immortal King's Call (Barbarian), Seeker of the Light (Crusader), Natalya's Vengeance (Demon Hunter), Uliana's Stratagem (Monk), Trag'Oul's Avatar (Necromancer), Spirit of Arachyr (Witch Doctor), and Vyr's Amazing Arcana (Wizard). All gifts, reminds Blizzard, must be opened while using the same character to receive a full set.

Rounding things off are a number of quality of life improvements and balance updates that can be found as part of the Season 16 update - all of which are detailed more thoroughly in Blizzard's accompanying blog post. The latest patch should be available to download on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch imminently (if not already). Diablo 3's Season 16 is live now on PC, and begins at 1am, January 19th, on consoles in the UK.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

It's a good game, I don't get all the hate. Nice to see Blizzard supporting it so well.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

RoS was great. Vanilla was shit.

Oh and best on PC.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Cool I think I will have a bit of fun with that a little later

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Lol, all those 3 die hard fans will still care i guess.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I wouldn't mind playing through these seasons as much if they started us at level 60 or higher when we rebirthed a character. It's so tedious leveling all the way up to 70 from 1 every single time a new season starts. By the time I hit 65(unless I'm being powerleveled by a friend), I'm just over it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@mandzilla said:

It's a good game, I don't get all the hate. Nice to see Blizzard supporting it so well.

Yeah never understood the hate.

It was a decent game at release (it was no Diablo 2, mind you...) and only got better.

Blizzard is incredibly supportive of all their games and their customers, often for years after release. Hell, last time I checked, there is still a healthy Diablo 2, Starcraft 1, and Warcraft 3 community with the games still receiving updates.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Blizzard always has been incredibly pro-consumer.

@Gatygun said:

Lol, all those 3 die hard fans will still care i guess.

Please. There's at least five.

@zaryia said:

best on PC.

What isn't?

inb4 "exclusives"

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Tried it again not too long ago, couple of months. It still sucked.

Want a good ARPG? Grim Dawn. It's like a Diablo 3 if Blizzard would still be good.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mandzilla said:

It was a decent game at release (it was no Diablo 2, mind you...) and only got better.

Blizzard is incredibly supportive of all their games and their customers, often for years after release. Hell, last time I checked, there is still a healthy Diablo 2, Starcraft 1, and Warcraft 3 community with the games still receiving updates.

For sure. I get that it may not be everyone's favourite Diablo game in the series, but it's still very good. As you said, updates since have continued to improve upon the initial release. If only all developers had this level of care for their games and customers.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58944 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mandzilla said:

Much like Skyrim the people who declare it terrible, somehow muster through 100-200 hours of content.

Must be hard.

Kruugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kruugh
Member since 2017 • 117 Posts

Too bad this game still exists...

Grim dawn is what D3 should have been

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

"Excellent Support"? What? They barely change anything every season.

I mean, we can do a direct comparison with Path of Exile... which as amazing support, and seasons actually feel difference.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Played at release and was kinda unimpressed, picked it up again once expansion hit and loved it! Been a while since I played, so maybe I should give this season a go!

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Diablo III is awesome. Diablo III on Switch is even more awesome.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It's weird that the eurogamer activists still write news articles.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DragonfireXZ95
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mandzilla said:

Much like Skyrim the people who declare it terrible, somehow muster through 100-200 hours of content.

Must be hard.

Not really the same since you can mod the hell out of Skyrim. Skyrim is terrible, but it's passable with a ton of mods. Diablo 3 is a decent game, however; it has good gameplay, just a crappy story and a lot of repetition to go along with it. Skyrim doesn't even have good gameplay without mods.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kali-B1rd
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mandzilla said:

Must be hard.

Not really the same since you can mod the hell out of Skyrim. Skyrim is terrible, but it's passable with a ton of mods. Diablo 3 is a decent game, however; it has good gameplay, just a crappy story and a lot of repetition to go along with it. Skyrim doesn't even have good gameplay without mods.

It doesn't? I disagree, infact I would say it has far better base gameplay than The Witcher 3.

Warrior, Wizard, Thief/Assasin / Werewolf/Vampire , lots of Variety. Alright the first person combat is abit spongy and dated.... but the sum of its parts makes for a very immersive game.

Compared to captain roll-and-still-get-hit-by-invisible-frames

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
@kali-b1rd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mandzilla said:

Must be hard.

It doesn't? I disagree, infact I would say it has far better base gameplay than The Witcher 3.

Warrior, Wizard, Thief/Assasin / Werewolf/Vampire , lots of Variety. Alright the first person combat is abit spongy and dated.... but the sum of its parts makes for a very immersive game.

I'm pretty sure we had this discussion, and variety =/= quality.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kali-B1rd
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Must be hard.

I'm pretty sure we had this discussion, and variety =/= quality.

Did we? oh well.

Neither does lack of variety either.