Diablo 4, the latest cookie clicker game (free china!)

• 67 results
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Art looks better, but still the same mindless boring gameplay that gets tiresome after like 5 minutes.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Meh...Wolcen looks far more interesting.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@pc_rocks: And Lost Ark and that game has been around longer than Diablo 4!

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@pc_rocks: And Lost Ark and that game has been around longer than Diablo 4!

Last Ark has still after forever not even been announced for NA so that is somewhat irrelevant.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@mojito1988: Yeah but the game is mostly done in Korea and they're already in the open beta phase for the Russian version and working on English translations.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Diablo IV looks like what Diablo 3 should've looked like. Not sure if I'm glad that Blizz now seems to understand their own franchise, or annoyed that Diablo 3 killed my interest for more Diablo.

They'll have to really wow me with Diablo IV to make me get it. And from what I've seen so far, that hasn't happened. That druid is back was pretty cool, but it doesn't look like they bothered doing anything new with him. More like "yeah, druid is back! He can do... exactly what he did in Diablo 2!" Then they just showed the regular boring ass Barbarian and Sorceress that's in every Diablo.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#57 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-4-wont-have-an-offline-mode-all-versions-ar/1100-6471115/

And just like that, Blizz kills my hype for the game as I was planning on getting it on console. Gotta be a record, never had my interest for a game gone after less than a week from announcement.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

Day 1 buy for me.

Don’t really care about Hong Kong....like at all. I would argue if all you’re going to do is say “free Hong Kong” and post some BS “support message” on the internet like some impotent millenial, you don’t really care about them either.

Well, Blizzard would argue that typing "free Hong Kong" on one of their message boards is deserving of a 6 month ban.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PurpleMan5000

Blizzard's president broke their rules of conduct by wearing an LGBT pin on camera. I hope he is willing to accept a 6 month suspension without pay. It sucks, but rules are rules.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Better to free Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen and Syria!

To Blizzard, the Chinese market is more important than Americas markets.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PurpleMan5000

@kadin_kai said:

@uninspiredcup: Better to free Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen and Syria!

To Blizzard, the Chinese market is more important than Americas markets.

It's not more important. They just aren't in danger of losing the entire US market on the whims of a fascist dictator.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Even tho i don't like the state of Blizzard, I would probably still buy in to Diablo 4.

Doesn't really matter if you buy in or opt out of Blizzard. The rich who made the decision still gets away with money while the peons and the workers with ideas still have to work hard for every penny or potentially lose their job because of this fiasco. Because we all know if a company loses money they would just fire all the employees below them.

It does make a point to boycott....but it hurts the workers who really want to be there more than the upper ones.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@mojito1988: Yeah but the game is mostly done in Korea and they're already in the open beta phase for the Russian version and working on English translations.

I still get a feeling that it is never coming to America. Time will tell.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: You forget the Chinese population is very supportive of their government. Perhaps we should start a new thread in the politics section.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@IgGy621985 said:

Hmmm, I just had an "uh-oh" moment upon reading this article on PC Gamer:

Campaign details spilled out in the Diablo 4 Revealed panel following the opening ceremony, with the biggest point of interest being Diablo 4's new "shared open world" structure.

Rather than follow the series' usual straightforward level design, Diablo 4 will feature five big, contiguous regions—with a day-night cycle and dynamic weather system—the player can conceivably wander at their own discretion, assuming they have the gear to cut it. More important is the "shared" part of that description. We've yet to hear how many players will be wandering Diablo 4's open world at once, but the point is they'll be wandering with you.

Yep, Diablo is basically an MMO now.

Towns act as social hubs for chatting and grouping up, PvP zones act as seamless ganking areas, and world events spawn big monsters that strangers and teammates can take down together. The world is also apparently big enough to justify the addition of mounts. We'll be able to suit up our horses in armor, perform powerful dismount abilities, and explore the open world at a brisk clip.

Imho this sounds good and bad/worrying at the same time. Good, because I'm not against any kind of online functionality for the game, but... will the game force me to play with others? I don't want that. I want to play it at my own pace.

I think the review is actually reading this wrong and it will be like Guild Wars (1) where it has player hubs with the worlds outside of it independent to a party.

I would be OK with that.

Or maybe a more appropriate analogy would be an isometric action-RPG that has social and community tools built around it like Destiny, what with a central hub to conduct social aspects, then open-world features where all players are coupled with instanced group content.

I actually enjoyed Diablo 3, a lot really, but I am definitely a bigger fan of Diablo 2. With that said, I'd be OK if they changed the formula up.

In the end it wouldn't be that different because ultimately you'd just be taking the lobby feature (chat, trade, etc) of Diablo 2 and 3 into the game world if it's based around a hub. The real question is how does the "mmo-lite" feature work when it comes to the actual game?

Either way I think people simply want to hate Diablo IV (and Blizzard) right now, but the fact is they are still one of the best game developers out there, and they offer an incredible amount of support to their games and community, and we are very lucky to be getting another installment in this franchise.

I still wish we'd get a new IP, though, preferably a single-player or multiplayer PvE one.

Or World of Starcraft :D

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PurpleMan5000

@kadin_kai: I don't see it as a political issue.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#67 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@IgGy621985 said:

Hmmm, I just had an "uh-oh" moment upon reading this article on PC Gamer:

Campaign details spilled out in the Diablo 4 Revealed panel following the opening ceremony, with the biggest point of interest being Diablo 4's new "shared open world" structure.

Rather than follow the series' usual straightforward level design, Diablo 4 will feature five big, contiguous regions—with a day-night cycle and dynamic weather system—the player can conceivably wander at their own discretion, assuming they have the gear to cut it. More important is the "shared" part of that description. We've yet to hear how many players will be wandering Diablo 4's open world at once, but the point is they'll be wandering with you.

Yep, Diablo is basically an MMO now.

Towns act as social hubs for chatting and grouping up, PvP zones act as seamless ganking areas, and world events spawn big monsters that strangers and teammates can take down together. The world is also apparently big enough to justify the addition of mounts. We'll be able to suit up our horses in armor, perform powerful dismount abilities, and explore the open world at a brisk clip.

Imho this sounds good and bad/worrying at the same time. Good, because I'm not against any kind of online functionality for the game, but... will the game force me to play with others? I don't want that. I want to play it at my own pace.

I think the review is actually reading this wrong and it will be like Guild Wars (1) where it has player hubs with the worlds outside of it independent to a party.

I would be OK with that.

Or maybe a more appropriate analogy would be an isometric action-RPG that has social and community tools built around it like Destiny, what with a central hub to conduct social aspects, then open-world features where all players are coupled with instanced group content.

I actually enjoyed Diablo 3, a lot really, but I am definitely a bigger fan of Diablo 2. With that said, I'd be OK if they changed the formula up.

In the end it wouldn't be that different because ultimately you'd just be taking the lobby feature (chat, trade, etc) of Diablo 2 and 3 into the game world if it's based around a hub. The real question is how does the "mmo-lite" feature work when it comes to the actual game?

Either way I think people simply want to hate Diablo IV (and Blizzard) right now, but the fact is they are still one of the best game developers out there, and they offer an incredible amount of support to their games and community, and we are very lucky to be getting another installment in this franchise.

I still wish we'd get a new IP, though, preferably a single-player or multiplayer PvE one.

Or World of Starcraft :D

Agreed.

Fucking loved Guild Wars (1), get the social aspects while keeping it focused like an SP game.

Wish 2 stayed with that model. Seeing everyone running around with mobs and repetitive scripts resetting really detracting from the immersive experience that original provided.