Diablo 4, the latest cookie clicker game (free china!)

• 67 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36023 Posts

Here''s a trailer that blatantly rips off Hellraiser II.

Multiplatform.

lizzard’s demon hacking, undead slashing dungeon crawler is widely anticipated to make a triumphant comeback on the opening day of Blizzcon 2019. A flurry of recentleaks have essentially confirmed the announcement of Diablo 4 at the Anaheim, California gaming expo on Friday.

It’s also been seven years since the release of Diablo 3, which isn’t even the longest fans of the fantasy series have waited for a new installment. There was a twelve-year gap between Diablo 2 and 3 with only one expansion coming a year after the second entry was released in 2000.

Diablo 3 has received two expansion packs since its 2012 launch, which appeased fans through the years. But last year’s cringe-worthy reveal of Diablo Immortal — a mobile-only version of the game — disappointed fans across the board. Blizzcon 2019 is Blizzard’s shot to make up for 2018’s public face-plant with a massive announcement, and everything that’s been floating around online about the next Diablo game suggests it to be a worthy successor of the third.

They should some footage, all the colour is gone and it looks bland. No Winnie The Poo's running on stage yet.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28850 Posts

Oh hell yeah! Always love me some Diablo and am super amped for Diablo 4. I can’t believe that it’s been seven years since Diablo 3. Time sure flies.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5475 Posts

Looks a lot like Diablo 3.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup  Online

@pyro1245 said:

Looked like POE to me.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39051 Posts

I'll be keeping an eye on D4 for sure.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 9840 Posts

I just wish someone else were making it.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4309 Posts

Im ready!! Ride my horseback into battle....

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 10975 Posts

meh, never seen the apeal of these type of games.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2057 Posts

I never played Diablo.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98087 Posts

Because hey, let's just completely distract everyone from the whole Hong Kong mess by flashing a trailer for a brand new game everyone's been wanting!

Torchlight and Path to Exile are always going to be the superior Diablo games since Diablo II.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1545 Posts

Looks awesome, any word of a release date/window?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PurpleMan5000

@foxhound_fox said:

Because hey, let's just completely distract everyone from the whole Hong Kong mess by flashing a trailer for a brand new game everyone's been wanting!

Torchlight and Path to Exile are always going to be the superior Diablo games since Diablo II.

I think it's possible for Diablo 4 to be better than Torchlight and Path to Exile. It's just not possible for that to matter to me. At this point, any Activision/Blizzard product that is allowed to be sold in China is not something that I am going to purchase.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Will it be free with pre-ordering an WOW expansion like 3?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 5175 Posts

Was it that hard to make this game instead of Diablo Immortal? They could have saved themselves the L.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 23684 Posts

Diablo 3 didn't do it for me.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5543 Posts

Really liked both of the trailers! The game feels really dark, and the cinematic trailer was actually pretty horrifying. Love it! This feels like an actual Diablo game.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25671 Posts
@IgGy621985 said:

Really liked both of the trailers! The game feels really dark, and the cinematic trailer was actually pretty horrifying. Love it! This feels like an actual Diablo game.

Agreed. It was gritty, dark, and just what we wanted from a Diablo game. The color crap was just aesthetically unpleasing from Diablo 3. Get rid of all of the color, mute them, add more blood, guts, and glory!

I really thought they were going to screw this up and give us more Diablo 3, but this looks way better.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25671 Posts
@pyro1245 said:

umm, what? Have you seen Diablo 3?

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IgGy621985
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@pyro1245 said:

umm, what? Have you seen Diablo 3?

I actually liked D3, too, but it didn't feel... scary. It was a fun hack and slash, and that was it.

D2 was imho a real horror. Some parts of the game got me scared shitless.

D4 looks like a great combo of both games.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 12112 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I play games to play games, not to make a political protest.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IgGy621985

Hmmm, I just had an "uh-oh" moment upon reading this article on PC Gamer:

Campaign details spilled out in the Diablo 4 Revealed panel following the opening ceremony, with the biggest point of interest being Diablo 4's new "shared open world" structure.

Rather than follow the series' usual straightforward level design, Diablo 4 will feature five big, contiguous regions—with a day-night cycle and dynamic weather system—the player can conceivably wander at their own discretion, assuming they have the gear to cut it. More important is the "shared" part of that description. We've yet to hear how many players will be wandering Diablo 4's open world at once, but the point is they'll be wandering with you.

Yep, Diablo is basically an MMO now.

Towns act as social hubs for chatting and grouping up, PvP zones act as seamless ganking areas, and world events spawn big monsters that strangers and teammates can take down together. The world is also apparently big enough to justify the addition of mounts. We'll be able to suit up our horses in armor, perform powerful dismount abilities, and explore the open world at a brisk clip.

Imho this sounds good and bad/worrying at the same time. Good, because I'm not against any kind of online functionality for the game, but... will the game force me to play with others? I don't want that. I want to play it at my own pace.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 uninspiredcup  Online

@IgGy621985 said:

Campaign details spilled out in the Diablo 4 Revealed panel following the opening ceremony, with the biggest point of interest being Diablo 4's new "shared open world" structure.

Rather than follow the series' usual straightforward level design, Diablo 4 will feature five big, contiguous regions—with a day-night cycle and dynamic weather system—the player can conceivably wander at their own discretion, assuming they have the gear to cut it. More important is the "shared" part of that description. We've yet to hear how many players will be wandering Diablo 4's open world at once, but the point is they'll be wandering with you.

Towns act as social hubs for chatting and grouping up, PvP zones act as seamless ganking areas, and world events spawn big monsters that strangers and teammates can take down together. The world is also apparently big enough to justify the addition of mounts. We'll be able to suit up our horses in armor, perform powerful dismount abilities, and explore the open world at a brisk clip.

Imho this sounds good and bad/worrying at the same time. Good, because I'm not against any kind of online functionality for the game, but... will the game force me to play with others? I don't want that. I want to play it at my own pace.

I think the review is actually reading this wrong and it will be like Guild Wars (1) where it has player hubs with the worlds outside of it independent to a party.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39210 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@IgGy621985 said:

I think the review is actually reading this wrong and it will be like Guild Wars (1) where it has player hubs with the worlds outside of it independent to a party.

Or like POE

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26780 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

I have no problem with Diablo 4 having elements of both Diablo 2 and original Guild Wars....2 of my favorite games ever.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 3534 Posts

Meh, pretty trailer I guess

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 11830 Posts

Looks great. Return to the gritty aesthetic of 1 is a huge plus for me. 3 was such a disappointment

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14626 Posts

Trailer was boss, good music. Very well done. I like the slower pace and darker tone, it's giving me heavy Diablo II vibes. Much more than III at least. Three things.

• no auction house crap. They mention that and I'm out (unless they've already and I missed it).
  • I prefer the skill tree of Diablo II rather than the swappable runes of III, it made the characters feel more consequential, not so cookie cutter, and earned. You had to live with your decisions. Hope that returns.
  • bring back the satanic symbolism. Enough of this PC nonsense or whatever reason they got rid of it. Game's about demons and Satan. Pentagrams, sacrifices, the whole works. Make it demonic and scary.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98087 Posts

@n64dd said:

And what if there was a game that you really wanted to play that was sponsored by Bernie Sanders or AOC?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 11830 Posts

@MirkoS77: 100% agree about the swappable runes vs skill tree thing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#30 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35802 Posts

Looks darker than Diablo 3. I haven't played the original but is this closer to the originals than Diablo 3?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10575 Posts

And just like that people are already forgetting the Free Hong Kong controversy because of Blizzard's new shiny games

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uninspiredcup  Online

@NoodleFighter: The carefully crafted apology was pretty sleekit, "we so humble", but at the same time, never actually directly bringing it up or addressing it. Just vaguely acknowledging "a thing we did".

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10575 Posts
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

I think it's possible for Diablo 4 to be better than Torchlight and Path to Exile. It's just not possible for that to matter to me. At this point, any Activision/Blizzard product that is allowed to be sold in China is not something that I am going to purchase.

Guess you're not buying it then because no way in hell is Blizzard not gonna get this game in China especially after all the damage control they've been doing. When Diablo 3 first came to China in one week they got over 1 million sales in preorders and over 3 million people registered for the beta. The Chinese version is F2P so that isn't even factoring in all the money also made from microtransactions. Overwatch on PC in China sold over 5 million copies in less than a year and as of June 2019 it was announced it sold over 10 million copies in China. And this is just the sales of PC games in China this isn't even factoring the larger and more profitable mobile gaming market hence why Diablo Immortal was a Chinese mobile focused game. It is no wonder that Blizzard did what they did to Blitzchung if China is pulling in that much money for them.

At best if you still want to play Diablo 4 you might as well create some loop hole rule where the Chinese version is separate from the rest of the world's just like Diablo 3's Chinese version and hope Blizzard doesn't pull an Ubisoft where they try to make the Chinese version the global version.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1067 Posts

I'm not gonna lie this looks awesome. Be nice if gamers can stop bitching for two seconds and actually enjoy something.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#35 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 45433 Posts

I loved Diablo 3 and spent an ungodly amount of time playing it. I hope they don't screw this up, especially with online open world bullshit.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 12112 Posts

@foxhound_fox: I’d play it if was good. Is blizzard sponsored by china?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PurpleMan5000

@n64dd: They aren't sponsored by China. They just are subservient to China.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PurpleMan5000

@NoodleFighter: I just won't play it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 11654 Posts

I'm actually excited. I loved playing as sorceress and druid in Diablo II. It's nice to see those classes back.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 2964 Posts

@n64dd said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Let the cancel culture have their moment. So sad how people act today and social media is not helping.

Also this game looks great and I am glad they are moving back to the darker look!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xabiss
@foxhound_fox said:
@n64dd said:

And what if there was a game that you really wanted to play that was sponsored by Bernie Sanders or AOC?

If the game is fun who gives a shit who it is sponsored by or who they donate money to. Again cancel culture needs to stop, hell even Obama said it. BTW the was a dumb example anyway, because industry wise it is very liberal and that doesn't stop me from playing any of the games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 uninspiredcup  Online
@Xabiss said:
. Again cancel culture needs to stop, hell even Obama said it.

All the cancel culture people were deeply, deeply disappointed they couldn't accuse him of white privilege or being alt-right nazi wazy.

They still found a way a bitch though.

He's OLD!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/01/opinion/obama-cancel-culture.html

Opinion invalided!

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1047 Posts

Looks like Error 37 is coming up right around the corner.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22004 Posts

diablo trailer

reality

like i dont get how people like this stuff.

i also dont get why people like league of legends either. same top down garbage.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14626 Posts

@KBFloYd: what are you expecting? Diablo isn’t nearly the first game where CGI equates to gameplay.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Xabiss

@uninspiredcup said:
@Xabiss said:
. Again cancel culture needs to stop, hell even Obama said it.

All the cancel culture people were deeply, deeply disappointed they couldn't accuse him of white privilege or being alt-right nazi wazy.

They still found a way a bitch though.

He's OLD!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/01/opinion/obama-cancel-culture.html

Opinion invalided!

That is hilarious. They really do eat their own.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1438 Posts

Day 1 buy for me.

Don’t really care about Hong Kong....like at all. I would argue if all you’re going to do is say “free Hong Kong” and post some BS “support message” on the internet like some impotent millenial, you don’t really care about them either.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28850 Posts

Blizzard make some of the best cinematics in the business. I could watch their stuff all day, every day.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5449 Posts

Now this is something I like to see. Excited for this. That is what the industry is missing these days.. games with a ton of replay value that are just fun to play. Day 1 ultimate edition or whatever the hell else they have.. lol. Now I have 2 games high on my radar.. this and that roller derby game that I haven't heard about in a couple months.. heh

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1545 Posts

Saw some gameplay videos of the game and listen to some of the stuff from the panel

discussion and am truly hyped for this.

Really like the look and feel of the game so fare, the druid especially looks cool and a lot of fun to play! Also like the way they will handle the online part and the monetization of this with only expansions and cosmetic stuff!

Of course don’t expect the game to come out before 2021-22 so everything is of course subject to change:)