DF's video FM7 vs. GTS comparison is coming. And yes, GTS obliterates FM7 ( 4k/Ultra settings ) graphically

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@sirdad: Oh we all already know this, it's just fanboy nonsense. GTS will excel in some areas while FM7 will excel in others"

We won't have this, ok? There will be no making logical sense in SW.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@goldenelementxl: lol here we go again.

Prove that you DIDN'T say that bruh! The burden of proof is on the accused!

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

Found this:

Loading Video...

Some reference on the visual comparison we might see between GTSport and Forza 7 with DF, and this even includes the sound differences! :D

By the comments of the author, this might be a preview of what we will be seeing from the DF comparison as well.

Despite the native 4k technical marker in favor of Forza 7, I'm quite shocked by the overall graphical difference I'm seeing here for GTSport. PD really out did themselves.

Also,

Forza and GT both use 2D trees but the tree textures are more detailed and better lit in GT. Forza just slaps two flat surfaces together but it’s still ultimately 2D in nature.

GT also uses a fully modeled 3D crowd on all tracks aside from the giant stadiums. Forza’s crowd is entirely 2D.

I totally see what they were saying in the quote about the trees between GTSport and Forza 7 here from this video.

Thoughts?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

I know for a fact Forza 7 has the better car sounds. Second because Forza 7 is running at higher resolutions than GT Sport you can assume it could have higher polygon models. The shadows in GT sport are bad compared to Forza 7.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@lexxluger: I think that video validates the OP perfectly.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@lexxluger: WOW! I see two BIG difference!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 QuadKnight

@xhawk27 said:

I know for a fact Forza 7 has the better car sounds. Second because Forza 7 is running at higher resolutions than GT Sport you can assume it could have higher polygon models. The shadows in GT sport are bad compared to Forza 7.

That's not how it works, like at all.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@lexxluger: if that's representative (it may not be due to some weather/time of day difference) then I guess I was wrong

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

So after all that talk from lems, 4k this and that, yada yada.....GT Sport ends up squishing F7. It's pretty obvious at this point, but damn, it really is true: lems simply cannot catch a single break this gen.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

I was wondering how long it would take for that one comparison vid to show up. Lol.

That vid has already been debunked as anything accurate. The fact that it gets used over and over again, only shows how desperate cows are.

This is just sad.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@babyjoker1221 said:

I was wondering how long it would take for that one comparison vid to show up. Lol.

That vid has already been debunked as anything accurate. The fact that it gets used over and over again, only shows how desperate cows are.

This is just sad.

So you have a better video?

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@babyjoker1221 said:

This is just sad.

lol is that directed at me?

An awful lot of speculation on your part if it is. I just searched for recent GTSport (demo) and Forza 7 comparison vids and it was one of the first to come up.

Also, when was the video "debunked"?

I know not all videos are created the same and I am just posting something because there is 0 reference in this thread talking about a video comparison between GTS and FM7.

I am not making any confirmation on anything I'm just using this video as reference. I am waiting on the DF analysis like everyone else, I am no expert...I will however say that IF that video is somehow representative of the differences between the games graphically, it would go hand an hand with the account that was written in Neogaf.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

Police playing Gran Turismo Sport on PlayStation in the game of the law to improve high speed pursuit driving!

Impressive, I'm sure they would have used a more realistic game to train their officers if one were available, but alas there seems to be none.

Had to look really closely to see if this was a real-life imagine or GT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@sirdad: And you sound like you're in damage control mode. Good ol' NyaDC.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 babyjoker1221

@lexxluger said:
@babyjoker1221 said:

This is just sad.

lol is that directed at me?

An awful lot of speculation on your part if it is. I just searched for recent GTSport (demo) and Forza 7 comparison vids and it was one of the first to come up.

Also, when was the video "debunked"?

I know not all videos are created the same and I am just posting something because there is 0 reference in this thread talking about a video comparison between GTS and FM7.

I am not making any confirmation on anything I'm just using this video as reference. I am waiting on the DF analysis like everyone else, I am no expert...I will however say that IF that video is somehow representative of the differences between the games graphically, it would go hand an hand with the account that was written in Neogaf.

That video was posted on Neogaf. The video handicapped F7 in order for the comparison to be click worthy. It worked, but isn't representative.

The Forza vette is painted in a Satin paint. It's also run on a crippled pc at settings it can't handle. The dropped frames is pretty easy to spot if you're looking for it. The time of day also plays a factor, although I'm not sure that was intentional.

When you've played both F7 and the GTS beta, then you know which one is accurate, and which one isn't.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

https://youtu.be/bIDXBpG1uJY

GTSport ps4 vs forza 7 pc ultra.

Gtsport has INCREDIBLE lighting and HDR effects.

Forza Miata sounds like a v8 for some reason.

Edit: some one fix the video for me, on my phone and don't see embed settings.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

I bet Forza 7 still plays better than Gran Trashimo Sport

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: according to alot reviews from the demo, GTSport has better physics, by a long shot. And insidesimracing.

According to my extensive time with gtsport and forza 7, this is very true. I even have an indepth rundown between the games, same car, same track.

In my conclusion and extensive testing back to back with each game(switching hdmi source lol).

GTSPORT Handel's like a PC sim.

Forza 7 Handel's like a simcade.

When you turn on stability control in F7, It feels much better, close to sport but not quite. Also what happen to the animated pitstops??

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

I bet Forza 7 still plays better than Gran Trashimo Sport

I've thought for a while now that Forza was better as a game, in that it's structured to be much more enjoyable. GT5 was the last GT I sunk a ton of hours into, and I just hated how everything was a grind. Didn't even pick up GT6 because of it, heard it wasn't much better in that regard.

But on the actual track? The driving itself? GT has always been pretty great man.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Image quality will always look better on Forza 7 though. That native resolution is crisp. Its just that it takes a deep dive to reveal how brilliant turn 10 forza teck is at dynamically managing the pipe line. Somethings are just a lot out of a 6tf gpu.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17421 Posts

So this is what gaming has come to...........

And we wonder why devs release unfinished games

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Forza already won when cows are comparing the trees to find something GTS is better in

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 QuadKnight

@FastRobby said:

Forza already won when cows are comparing the trees to find something GTS is better in

Sorry dude, you lems lost. Next time T10 should concentrate on graphics instead of loot-crates. GTS blows F7 away in graphics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@quadknight said:
@FastRobby said:

Sorry dude, you lems lost. Next time T10 should concentrate on graphics instead of loot-crates. GTS blows F7 away in graphics.

Yeah we lost... Reviews aren't even in, and Forza won most of the racing awards at E3. Also GTS doesn't look better than F7, that's just plain lying, but that's cows for you.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 QuadKnight

@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:
@FastRobby said:

Yeah we lost... Reviews aren't even in, and Forza won most of the racing awards at E3. Also GTS doesn't look better than F7, that's just plain lying, but that's cows for you.

E3 awards are meaningless in determining graphics.

Isn't this a graphics thread or am I missing something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@quadknight said:

Shouldn't you be finding pictures of trees in racing games, and compare them? It's super important

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 babyjoker1221

@quadknight said:
@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:
@FastRobby said:

Ok, it's a graphics thread then.

F7 is still more impressive than GTS.

You still lose.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 QuadKnight

@babyjoker1221 said:
@quadknight said:
@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:
@FastRobby said:

Ok, it's a graphics thread then.

F7 is still more impressive than GTS.

You still lose.

Nah you're butthurt and denial. GTS wins quite easily.

Forza's cars look like plastic next to GT's and their lighting system is a gen behind.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By QuadKnight

@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:

Shouldn't you be finding pictures of trees in racing games, and compare them? It's super important

I don't need to, GT's cars alone destroy Flopza's....

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 QuadKnight

@sirdad said:
@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:

Graphics and resolution aren't important, remember what they've been saying since the Xbox One X was announced?

"It's all about the games!"

The second they think they have a graphical edge they revert right back to their bullshit. This thread is a perfect demonstration of that.

All the vids we've seen of the latest build of GT destroy Forza. There's no need to be butthurt about it. F7 had to make sacrifices to attain 4K and the result is that the cars look plastic and the lighting system can't hold a candle to GT's. They would have achieved better results if they used Checkerboard but I guess having 4K on a check box was more important to T10.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 QuadKnight

@sirdad said:
@quadknight said:
@sirdad said:
@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:

Graphics and resolution aren't important, remember what they've been saying since the Xbox One X was announced?

"It's all about the games!"

The second they think they have a graphical edge they revert right back to their bullshit. This thread is a perfect demonstration of that.

All the vids we've seen of the latest build of GT destroy Forza. There's no need to be butthurt about it. F7 had to make sacrifices to attain 4K and the result is that the cars look plastic and the lighting system can't hold a candle to GT's. They would have achieved better results if they used Checkerboard but I guess having 4K on a check box was more important to T10.

You're like a caricature of a person trying to provide an honest opinion.

You're like a caricature of someone pretending not to be a notorious bandodger.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@quadknight said:

Are you comparing GT PS Pro version with Forza 7 One S maybe? That would explain it, else you are completely wrong, and the OneX version kills any GTS version

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 babyjoker1221

@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:

Are you comparing GT PS Pro version with Forza 7 One S maybe? That would explain it, else you are completely wrong, and the OneX version kills any GTS version

He's trying to justify his purchase.

He thinks lighting is everything. It's the only straw he has to grasp at.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#90 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

@sirdad: Seriously dude... how many alts do you have? WTF is wrong with you?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By QuadKnight

@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:

Nah, I'm comparing GTS Old Beta running on PS4 Pro to PC Forza 7 on Ultra Settings. Cry harder....

Loading Video...

Look at how flat the lighting is on F7. Sad thing is that the footage of GTS is from the old beta not even the one that released last week and it's still outclassing F7 in visuals. X1X version of F7 won't even look as good as the PC version, yikes!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@quadknight said:

Nah, I'm comparing GTS Old Beta running on PS4 Pro to PC Forza 7 on Ultra Settings. Cry harder....

Look at how flat the lighting is on F7. Sad thing is that the footage of GTS is from the old beta not even the one that released last week and it's still outclassing F7 in visuals. X1X version of F7 won't even look as good as the PC version, yikes!

Lol, look it's shiny so it must be better. Are you a child?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

You can't really call Forza 4k60 either as reflections are 30fps.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

When DF said that Xbox-X could be equivalent to a GTX1070 Lems took their words as gospel and ran with it.

When DF say that GTS > Forza 7 graphically Lems say it's not true......

Funny that....

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

That Forza video looks like it's run through some kind of hazy filter.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Cows have lost what little mind they had...

Yes, I do think you're a clown here to make me laugh...

Thank you Mighty X1X MonsterBox MasterRace.. lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#97 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Jesus, isn't gameplay the important factor?

GTS has no fucking single player/career mode, plus always online bullshit.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98  Edited By navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17421 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Jesus, isn't gameplay the important factor?

GTS has no fucking single player/career mode, plus always online bullshit.

People just want to argue over the graphics apparently.

GS's preview isnt so good though so im a bit worried.

Eurogamer's review was good but was exactly glowing either.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#100 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@toonarmy20 said:

gt sport looks like a ps3 game compaired to F7,4k60 hdr ultra settings v 1440p checkerboard hdr witn no 4k assets and textures.....DF said apart from colour pallet the pc and X versions are identicle,so if your trying to say GTS on the pro looks better than them both then the damage control is at ultimate levels.....which is ironic because the pro's not powerful enough for anything ultra ?

That first sentence makes you sound like a complete muppet, you also need to see a eye specialist.