DF: Tomb Raider: DE on PS4 vs Xbox One

  • 120 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lglz1337
lglz1337

4959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-tomb-raider-definitive-performance-analysis

"For what it's worth though, comparing PS4 and Xbox One when the Microsoft platform dips under 30fps is perhaps the best indication we have of relative performance, and can see some significant differences - up to 20fps in some scenes. However, even with the 30fps cap in place (in theory limiting output), sometimes Xbox One moves closer to its sibling's performance level, when the PS4 engine is really under load."

"The overall feeling we get from the game is that two different developers handed in two different performance levels, and decisions were made on how best to work with the results. With the PlayStation 4 averaging at 50fps and often hitting 60fps, frame-rate was left unlocked, producing the markedly higher results you see in the tables above.

For Xbox One, we can only speculate, but we suspect that a lower overall performance resulted in even more noticeable judder were the game to remain unlocked - which would look really unattractive compared to the capped 30fps frame-rate we see in the final game. What's curious from our perspective is that United Front Games on Xbox One would have benefited from a reasonably straightforward porting process from the original PC DirectX 11 code since both platforms use the same API, while Nixxes would have needed to translate the original PC version across to the PS4's LibGNM API - not exactly a walk in the park based on this presentation from Ubisoft Reflections, who are handling the PS4 version of The Crew, ported across from the PC DirectX 11 codebase. Another development source we reached out to suggests that the DX11 'driver' for the Xbox One still requires a lot of work."

if this already struggles on Xbone thn we know we are in trouble which game is next ?

Avatar image for MightyMuna
MightyMuna

1766

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts

CUTSCENE

Xbox One

Lowest FPS: 27fps

Highest FPS: 30fps

Average FPS: 29.98fps

PS4

Lowest FPS: 32fps

Highest FPS: 60fps

Average FPS: 53.36fps

GAMEPLAY

Xbox One

Lowest FPS: 24fps

Highest FPS: 30fps

Average FPS: 29.84fps

PS4

Lowest FPS: 33fps

Highest FPS: 60fps

Average FPS: 50.98fps

Avatar image for Dire_Weasel
Dire_Weasel

16681

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Cutscenes - Xbox One

  • Lowest FPS: 27fps
  • Highest FPS: 30fps
  • Average FPS: 29.98fps

Cutscenes - PS4

  • Lowest FPS: 32fps
  • Highest FPS: 60fps
  • Average FPS: 53.36fps

Gameplay - Xbox One

  • Lowest FPS: 24fps
  • Highest FPS: 30fps
  • Average FPS: 29.84fps

Gameplay - PS4

  • Lowest FPS: 33fps
  • Highest FPS: 60fps
  • Average FPS: 50.98fps

When playing Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the console that costs $100 less provides nearly twice the performance of the more expensive console.

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

60695

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

Stunning victory for the quad, the worlds most powerful video game console.

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

something something different studios something something

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39858

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lostrib said:

something something different studios something something

something something overpriced port

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@lostrib said:

something something different studios something something

something something overpriced port

something something fraud!

Avatar image for I_can_haz
I_can_haz

6511

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

TLHBO. Suck it lems. How does it feel to pay $100 extra to get half the performance?

Avatar image for lglz1337
lglz1337

4959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@lostrib: these 2 again hahaha

biggest lemmings on board or is it 1 person with 2 accounts ?

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: these 2 again hahaha

biggest lemmings on board

Not sure if serious...

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

13561

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

X1 lost that one

Wonder why they went with 2 devs though, weird.

Avatar image for lglz1337
lglz1337

4959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@lostrib: oh sorry lemming hiding behind a pc when things go wrong

Avatar image for inggrish
inggrish

10502

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#13 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

well I'll be...

I didn't actually believe that, but it's crazy that it's true.

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: oh sorry lemming hiding behind a pc when things go wrong

Do you know what "lemming" means?

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39858

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: these 2 again hahaha

biggest lemmings on board or is it 1 person with 2 accounts ?

Still not a lemming

Avatar image for Locutus_Picard
Locutus_Picard

4159

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Microsoft is going to have to relaunch the XB1, this time without gimped hardware. That's why 82% of europe, entire continent of asia and afrika don't have a launch date yet. It'll take a year or two but it's for the best.

Avatar image for inggrish
inggrish

10502

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#17 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: these 2 again hahaha

biggest lemmings on board or is it 1 person with 2 accounts ?

Still not a lemming

Oh, didn't you know how it is?

If you disagree with Lglz1337 then you are 100% lemming. Surely you must know this?

Avatar image for Crypt_mx
Crypt_mx

4739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

TLHBO. Suck it lems. How does it feel to pay $100 extra to get half the performance?

Well, it really isn't "half" of the performance.

I believe two different teams ported the two different versions, originally they were both aiming for 30fps but it just turned out that sony's console could hover around 50-60fps better. The X1 version is locked at 30fps, so that means that it could go higher, meaning that the PS4 does not actually have double the performance power.

The REAL power difference can be best judged by comparing the two lowest framerates which are 24 and 33, giving the PS4 a 9fps advantage (Which is what I've been guessing since day one, PS4=5-10 more fps). This would also make sense because that is the difference between the X1 version running at around 40fps and the PS4 version running around 50fps, which is why they made the call to cap it at 30 and make it smooth rather than just going for frames.

Lems don't pay for performance they pay for games, I spent 100 more on my Xbox but it has more hours logged than my PS4. Plus the only game I play on PS4 is Assassins Creed, while my Xbox is mostly playing exclusives.

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#19 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: these 2 again hahaha

biggest lemmings on board or is it 1 person with 2 accounts ?

Still not a lemming

Oh, didn't you know how it is?

If you disagree with Lglz1337 then you are 100% lemming. Surely you must know this?

True facts. I am indeed emotionally invested in the xbox brand and I create multiple alts to post about it

/sarcasm

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

18733

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#20 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

GAMEPLAY

Xbox One

Lowest FPS: 24fps

Highest FPS: 30fps

Average FPS: 29.84fps

PS4

Lowest FPS: 33fps

Highest FPS: 60fps

Average FPS: 50.98fps

Avatar image for ELJUDEZ
ELJUDEZ

7389

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts

Oh that WilliamRLBaker topic.

Avatar image for Dire_Weasel
Dire_Weasel

16681

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#22 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

@I_can_haz said:

TLHBO. Suck it lems. How does it feel to pay $100 extra to get half the performance?

Well, it really isn't "half" of the performance.

I believe two different teams ported the two different versions, originally they were both aiming for 30fps but it just turned out that sony's console could hover around 50-60fps better. The X1 version is locked at 30fps, so that means that it could go higher, meaning that the PS4 does not actually have double the performance power.

The REAL power difference can be best judged by comparing the two lowest framerates which are 24 and 33, giving the PS4 a 9fps advantage (Which is what I've been guessing since day one, PS4=5-10 more fps)

Lems don't pay for performance they pay for games, I spent 100 more on my Xbox but it has more hours logged than my PS4. Plus the only game I play on PS4 is Assassins Creed, while my Xbox is mostly playing exclusives.

Gameplay - Xbox One

  • Lowest FPS: 24fps
  • Highest FPS: 30fps
  • Average FPS: 29.84fps

Gameplay - PS4

  • Lowest FPS: 33fps
  • Highest FPS: 60fps
  • Average FPS: 50.98fps

The average gameplay framerate on the Xbox One is 29.84 fps. The average gameplay framerate on the Playstation 4 is 50.98 fps. The Playstation 4 has a 77% faster framerate than the Xbox One.

No amount of ridiculous hand-waving will change that.

Avatar image for I_can_haz
I_can_haz

6511

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Crypt_mx: LOL epic damage control. You paid extra to play shit like Ryse and multiplats at half the res (see COD) and half the framerate as PS4? Wow, no wonder you lems are so butthurt.

Avatar image for inggrish
inggrish

10502

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#24 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

@I_can_haz said:

TLHBO. Suck it lems. How does it feel to pay $100 extra to get half the performance?

Well, it really isn't "half" of the performance.

I believe two different teams ported the two different versions, originally they were both aiming for 30fps but it just turned out that sony's console could hover around 50-60fps better. The X1 version is locked at 30fps, so that means that it could go higher, meaning that the PS4 does not actually have double the performance power.

The REAL power difference can be best judged by comparing the two lowest framerates which are 24 and 33, giving the PS4 a 9fps advantage (Which is what I've been guessing since day one, PS4=5-10 more fps). This would also make sense because that is the difference between the X1 version running at around 40fps and the PS4 version running around 50fps, which is why they made the call to cap it at 30 and make it smooth rather than just going for frames.

Lems don't pay for performance they pay for games, I spent 100 more on my Xbox but it has more hours logged than my PS4. Plus the only game I play on PS4 is Assassins Creed, while my Xbox is mostly playing exclusives.

No. That's not how it works. For frame rates you ALWAYS should compare averages, cherry picking the lowest is not a true representative of anything, there could easily be a badly coded part of the game that causes a massive spike or dip.

So really, it's a 20fps difference on the whole, the averages being 30 for XBO and 50 for PS4.

Avatar image for ni6htmare01
ni6htmare01

3984

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Actually not surprise at all. Is going to be like this for most games this gen.

Avatar image for lglz1337
lglz1337

4959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#26 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@lostrib: or you guys feel ashamed i would if i was a lemming, but when good Xbone news pop up lol

Avatar image for -Unreal-
-Unreal-

24650

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

  • No tesselation
  • Low quality ambient occlusion
  • Lower quality textures
  • Lower quality objects
  • Lower shadow resolution
  • Reduced strand count for TressFX 2.0

Advantages

  • Coding to da metal
  • Console optimisation

Resulting performance

  • Still only manages 60 FPS in narrow cooridors/cave areas when there's nothing to render
  • Plummets to the 30s when there's a hint of action or more open environments to render

Plausible reason

  • Didn't code to da metal hard enough
  • Didn't utilise the full potential of the supercharged PC parts within the PS4's chasis
Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: or you guys feel ashamed i would if i was a lemming, but when good Xbone news pop up lol

I guess it's a good thing I'm not a lemming. The funny thing is the only console I own is a PS3.

Avatar image for -Damien-
-Damien-

5355

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#29 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

now it's confirmed that in term of performance XBONE is closer to Wii U than to PS4.

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ELJUDEZ said:

Oh that WilliamRLBaker topic.

that was hilariously bad, too bad he hasn't shown his face again

Avatar image for draign
Draign

1824

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#31 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

I dont play last gen titles, I dont care if its 120 fps.

Avatar image for -Damien-
-Damien-

5355

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#32  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Xbone version has screen tearings also

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showpost.php?p=98665275&postcount=487

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

33784

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lostrib said:

something something different studios something something

something something what matters is the end result something something...

What's curious from our perspective is that United Front Games on Xbox One would have benefited from a reasonably straightforward porting process from the original PC DirectX 11 code since both platforms use the same API, while Nixxes would have needed to translate the original PC version across to the PS4's LibGNM API - not exactly a walk in the park based on this presentation from Ubisoft Reflections, who are handling the PS4 version of The Crew, ported across from the PC DirectX 11 codebase.

I knew the whole excuse of different studios would pop up,read that quote from DF..

The game should have ported easier to xbox one since it uses DirectX11 which was use on the PC version,while the developers on the PS4 would have a little more problems do to having to port the code to LibGNM api..

Avatar image for Krelian-co
Krelian-co

13274

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@I_can_haz said:

TLHBO. Suck it lems. How does it feel to pay $100 extra to get half the performance?

Well, it really isn't "half" of the performance.

I believe two different teams ported the two different versions, originally they were both aiming for 30fps but it just turned out that sony's console could hover around 50-60fps better. The X1 version is locked at 30fps, so that means that it could go higher, meaning that the PS4 does not actually have double the performance power.

The REAL power difference can be best judged by comparing the two lowest framerates which are 24 and 33, giving the PS4 a 9fps advantage (Which is what I've been guessing since day one, PS4=5-10 more fps)

Lems don't pay for performance they pay for games, I spent 100 more on my Xbox but it has more hours logged than my PS4. Plus the only game I play on PS4 is Assassins Creed, while my Xbox is mostly playing exclusives.

Gameplay - Xbox One

  • Lowest FPS: 24fps
  • Highest FPS: 30fps
  • Average FPS: 29.84fps

Gameplay - PS4

  • Lowest FPS: 33fps
  • Highest FPS: 60fps
  • Average FPS: 50.98fps

The average gameplay framerate on the Xbox One is 29.84 fps. The average gameplay framerate on the Playstation 4 is 50.98 fps. The Playstation 4 has a 77% faster framerate than the Xbox One.

No amount of ridiculous hand-waving will change that.

auch

Avatar image for ELJUDEZ
ELJUDEZ

7389

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts

@lostrib said:

@ELJUDEZ said:

Oh that WilliamRLBaker topic.

that was hilariously bad, too bad he hasn't shown his face again

I'm sure he's lurking.

Avatar image for mems_1224
mems_1224

56919

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib said:

@MonsieurX said:

@lostrib said:

something something different studios something something

something something overpriced port

something something fraud!

something something horseface lara

Avatar image for lglz1337
lglz1337

4959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#37 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@mems_1224: look at al this butthurt haha

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

33784

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@-Unreal- said:

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

  • No tesselation
  • Low quality ambient occlusion
  • Lower quality textures
  • Lower quality objects
  • Lower shadow resolution
  • Reduced strand count for TressFX 2.0

Advantages

  • Coding to da metal
  • Console optimisation

Resulting performance

  • Still only manages 60 FPS in narrow cooridors/cave areas when there's nothing to render
  • Plummets to the 30s when there's a hint of action or more open environments to render

Plausible reason

  • Didn't code to da metal hard enough
  • Didn't utilise the full potential of the supercharged PC parts within the PS4's chasis

No one push a console to the metal on launch,in fact those tool are not even ready yet.

The PS4 version doesn't hit 30FPS troll,it mostly 50FPS drops as low as 33 for very short instances,..

I love when you hypocrites try to pretend the PC don't have variable frame rate...

Whats that the 7970 dropping from 93 FPS to 56.? A 37FPS drop.? But that is the 7970 lets see other lesser GPU..

The 7870 from 64 to 40 a 24 FPS drop...

The 7850 which is basically a little lower than the PS4 from 51 FPS to 33 FPS.? Hell that is PS4 like...

Oh if you have a 7770 be prepare to fall under 30...

Come on man stop trolling this is a PS4 vs xbox one thread,we don't care about your over priced PC that also drop 30 frames or more.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#39 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

So both consoles are frame capped. The PS4's max framerate is probably higher than 60 and the XBOne's higher than 30, but it sounds like both are set with vsync (or similar) to avoid screen tearing/judder.

I'm still betting the xbox port doesn't even touch the system's eSRAM as that would have taken extra dev time and the dev team was tasked with getting a 30FPS port of the original with the extra features, which is all they provided and nothing more.

I've only seen the PS4 version, not the XB1. The frame drops in high action scenes are VERY noticeable. Sorry the XB1 version is so gimped.

All in all, I'm going to finish the game on PC.

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
NFJSupreme

6605

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Well PS4 is a decent framerate but not 60fps. Xbone has more of a claim to 30fps than the PS4 does to 60fps. Obviously the performance on the PS4 is superior to that on the xbone. This is going to be the case for every multiplat.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
Krelian-co

13274

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#41 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@tormentos said:
@-Unreal- said:

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

  • No tesselation
  • Low quality ambient occlusion
  • Lower quality textures
  • Lower quality objects
  • Lower shadow resolution
  • Reduced strand count for TressFX 2.0

Advantages

  • Coding to da metal
  • Console optimisation

Resulting performance

  • Still only manages 60 FPS in narrow cooridors/cave areas when there's nothing to render
  • Plummets to the 30s when there's a hint of action or more open environments to render

Plausible reason

  • Didn't code to da metal hard enough
  • Didn't utilise the full potential of the supercharged PC parts within the PS4's chasis

No one push a console to the metal on launch,in fact those tool are not even ready yet.

The PS4 version doesn't hit 30FPS troll,it mostly 50FPS drops as low as 33 for very short instances,..

I love when you hypocrites try to pretend the PC don't have variable frame rate...

Whats that the 7970 dropping from 93 FPS to 56.? A 37FPS drop.? But that is the 7970 lets see other lesser GPU..

The 7870 from 64 to 40 a 34 FPS drop...

The 7850 which is basically a little lower than the PS4 from 51 FPS to 33 FPS.? Hell that is PS4 like...

Oh if you have a 7770 be prepare to fall under 30...

Come on man stop trolling this is a PS4 vs xbox one thread,we don't care about your over priced PC that also drop 30 frames or more.

when ps4 does it, "it is for very short instances" when its on pc you act like it runs at minimum fps most of the time, you are indeed one of the biggest morons of this forum. My pc never drops from 60 fps, never, those min fps happen like once or twice every hour or so and only for a second while in ps4 happen all the time when there are big fights or a lot of stuff on screen, so try harder.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

13262

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Dips to 24 on Xflop. There is actually a screenshot of it dipping as low as 18fps and as we see screen tearing as well. Can't wait to see what studios like Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream and SSM are doing.

Still not paying $60 for this. Will buy at $30.

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
NFJSupreme

6605

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@tormentos said:
@-Unreal- said:

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

  • No tesselation
  • Low quality ambient occlusion
  • Lower quality textures
  • Lower quality objects
  • Lower shadow resolution
  • Reduced strand count for TressFX 2.0

Advantages

  • Coding to da metal
  • Console optimisation

Resulting performance

  • Still only manages 60 FPS in narrow cooridors/cave areas when there's nothing to render
  • Plummets to the 30s when there's a hint of action or more open environments to render

Plausible reason

  • Didn't code to da metal hard enough
  • Didn't utilise the full potential of the supercharged PC parts within the PS4's chasis

No one push a console to the metal on launch,in fact those tool are not even ready yet.

The PS4 version doesn't hit 30FPS troll,it mostly 50FPS drops as low as 33 for very short instances,..

I love when you hypocrites try to pretend the PC don't have variable frame rate...

Whats that the 7970 dropping from 93 FPS to 56.? A 37FPS drop.? But that is the 7970 lets see other lesser GPU..

The 7870 from 64 to 40 a 34 FPS drop...

The 7850 which is basically a little lower than the PS4 from 51 FPS to 33 FPS.? Hell that is PS4 like...

Oh if you have a 7770 be prepare to fall under 30...

Come on man stop trolling this is a PS4 vs xbox one thread,we don't care about your over priced PC that also drop 30 frames or more.

when ps4 does it, "it is for very short instances" when its on pc you act like it runs at minimum fps most of the time, you are indeed one of the biggest morons of this forum. My pc never drops from 60 fps, never, those min fps happen like once or twice every hour or so and only for a second while in ps4 happen all the time when there are big fights or a lot of stuff on screen, so try harder.

funny thing is if you are running at a steady 60fps you don't notice drops to anything above 50 which wont happen because you are at a stead 60fps. To claim "60 fps" you need to average at least 58fps. PS4 has very noticeable drops to as low as the low 30s. Still much better than the xbone and the PS4 will have a stranglehold on second place when it comes to multiplats this gen. But it's not 60fps as I said before this even came out.

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#44 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

something something different studios something something

something something what matters is the end result something something...

What's curious from our perspective is that United Front Games on Xbox One would have benefited from a reasonably straightforward porting process from the original PC DirectX 11 code since both platforms use the same API, while Nixxes would have needed to translate the original PC version across to the PS4's LibGNM API - not exactly a walk in the park based on this presentation from Ubisoft Reflections, who are handling the PS4 version of The Crew, ported across from the PC DirectX 11 codebase.

I knew the whole excuse of different studios would pop up,read that quote from DF..

The game should have ported easier to xbox one since it uses DirectX11 which was use on the PC version,while the developers on the PS4 would have a little more problems do to having to port the code to LibGNM api..

I can't believe people actually took that post seriously

Avatar image for TheTruthIsREAL
TheTruthIsREAL

813

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

That is a huge difference between platforms

Avatar image for lglz1337
lglz1337

4959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#46 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

http://i.imgur.com/mCXCZpY.png

lmao!!!

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

6804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

Cutscenes - Xbox One

  • Lowest FPS: 27fps
  • Highest FPS: 30fps
  • Average FPS: 29.98fps

Cutscenes - PS4

  • Lowest FPS: 32fps
  • Highest FPS: 60fps
  • Average FPS: 53.36fps

Gameplay - Xbox One

  • Lowest FPS: 24fps
  • Highest FPS: 30fps
  • Average FPS: 29.84fps

Gameplay - PS4

  • Lowest FPS: 33fps
  • Highest FPS: 60fps
  • Average FPS: 50.98fps

When playing Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the console that costs $100 less provides nearly twice the performance of the more expensive console.

Why would anybody buy an Xbone

Avatar image for I_can_haz
I_can_haz

6511

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

lol TLHBO!

Avatar image for BlessedChill
BlessedChill

697

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

Ouch lems are done.

Avatar image for lglz1337
lglz1337

4959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

even a directX port couldn't save Xbone from this embarrassment