xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

BS the customized CPU in the X1X can hit 60fps at 1080p I am sure of it. Bungie is a bunch of liars.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

They've already said why it's 30fps on all consoles.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Four things I learned from this video:

1. Destiny 2 is very well-optimized for PC, and is rather CPU-light.

2. I've always known console CPUs suck. But to be beaten by a dual-core Pentium? Yikes.

3. AMD drivers suck.

4. Vega is a waste of money, even if and when the driver issues are fixed.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@madrocketeer: I mean, how may people are going to buy a Vega with a Pentium? I don't think this is a good reason to say that AMD drivers are bad, especially when every other Nvidia driver breaks something.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 madrocketeer
@techhog89 said:

@madrocketeer: I mean, how may people are going to buy a Vega with a Pentium? I don't think this is a good reason to say that AMD drivers are bad, especially when every other Nvidia driver breaks something.

True. That said, this is a stress test. If a stress test reveals a problem with the drivers, then it's the drivers that is the problem. It may not affect faster CPUs, or it may, and we just haven't noticed it. It will be interesting if faster CPUs see any framerate boost if and when this driver issue is fixed.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

I'm assuming it's for network parity, physics etc.

@xhawk27 said:

BS the customized CPU in the X1X can hit 60fps at 1080p I am sure of it. Bungie is a bunch of liars.

At 1080p I have no doubt either, but they're prioritizing resolution over framerate.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

2. I've always known console CPUs suck. But to be beaten by a dual-core Pentium? Yikes.

3. AMD drivers suck.

You didn't learn anything from watching this video.

1. They specifically state the game is optimized to run well on consoles, not necessarily PC.

2. No one ever said that. It's interesting how you watch a video and then make things up in your head and say got it from the video. No you didn't, you just made it up.

3. Another thing you just made up. Was never stated in the video.

4. Just more garbage you made up in your head. Nothing of the sort was said in the video.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xplode_games

@Zero_epyon said:

@Zero_epyon said:

You must mean the garbage consoles. On the X1X they can easily have a 1080p @60 fps mode along with the standard native 4K Ultra settings at a locked 30 fps.

On the PS4 pro you will need some weird checkerboard resolution and crap settings only to run it at 30 fps.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xplode_games

@madrocketeer said:
@techhog89 said:

True. That said, this is a stress test. If a stress test reveals a problem with the drivers, then it's the drivers that is the problem. It may not affect faster CPUs, or it may, and we just haven't noticed it. It will be interesting if faster CPUs see any framerate boost if and when this driver issue is fixed.

They specifically state that with an i5 CPU, the Vega card doesn't drop a frame. Did you miss that part of the video as well? Go to 3:18 of the video and you will hear them say with an i5 you don't get dropped frames. Aren't you the guy who watched the video and then came out with a bullet point post talking about things that you made up in your head?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@Zero_epyon said:

You must mean the garbage consoles. On the X1X they can easily have a 1080p @60 fps mode along with the standard native 4K Ultra settings at a locked 30 fps.

On the PS4 pro you will need some weird checkerboard resolution and crap settings only to run it at 30 fps.

@xhawk27 said:

Sure...sure....let the butthurt lem tears flow through you.....

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By madrocketeer
@Xplode_games said:

You didn't learn anything from watching this video.

1. They specifically state the game is optimized to run well on consoles, not necessarily PC.

2. No one ever said that. It's interesting how you watch a video and then make things up in your head and say got it from the video. No you didn't, you just made it up.

3. Another thing you just made up. Was never stated in the video.

4. Just more garbage you made up in your head. Nothing of the sort was said in the video.

1. I made no mention of the optimization on consoles. I just called it as I saw it; 60 fps with an i5 and decent framerates with a GTX 1050 is good optimization.

2. I said it, hence why I started the point with "I've always known..." As for the second part, again, I called it as I saw it; an i5 ran the game at 1080p 60 fps in a CPU-focused stress test, while consoles are locked at 30 fps. There's probably more to this story on the technical side of things, but other DF videos have already discussed the limitations of the consoles' CPUs.

3. Stress test with NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti = solid 60 fps. Stress test with Vega 64 = framerate drops. Pretty clear-cut to me. This is the direct quote from the video, starting at 2:58:

"...now, this isn't the fault of the GPU as such. It's more the driver layer that is causing the issues here. So yeah, I mean, this is something to factor into the build of any budget PC, really. AMD's DX11 driver overhead - I should say that DX12 and Vulkan are fine - can cause issues where an NVIDIA card will just work fine. It's the software part of the equation that is actually more intensive..."

4. I'll give you this one. That said, hotter, louder and consumes more power for performance that barely matches GTX 1080? Yeah, not impressed.

@Xplode_games said:

They specifically state that with an i5 CPU, the Vega card doesn't drop a frame. Did you miss that part of the video as well? Go to 3:18 of the video and you will hear them say with an i5 you don't get dropped frames. Aren't you the guy who watched the video and then came out with a bullet point post talking about things that you made up in your head?

Yet the test starting at 2:20 showed framerate dips, sometimes all the way down into 49 fps. The video does recommend the i5 + AMD Vega combo anyway, because, again, this was a CPU-intensive stress test and the rest of the game worked fine, and the video specifically mentioned that it was not the hardware's fault, just the software (i.e. drivers).

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Here we go again. Cue the X1X defense squad.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 madrocketeer
@reduc_ab_ said:

Is this what I'm seeing here? I'm not a real SWer, so I'm not familiar with this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@madrocketeer said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Is this what I'm seeing here? I'm not a real SWer, so I'm not familiar with this.

Yeah. It never ends.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zero_epyon

@Xplode_games said:
@Zero_epyon said:

@Zero_epyon said:

People on the "garbage" consoles will be playing with those on the X1X and PS4 Pro. X1X and Pro are capable of running this game at 1080p/60fps but that will create an unfair advantage online.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Unfair advantage just like on PC lol?

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EndofAugust

@Zero_epyon said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Zero_epyon said:

@Zero_epyon said:

People on the "garbage" consoles will be playing with those on the X1X and PS4 Pro. X1X and Pro are capable of running this game at 1080p/60fps but that will create an unfair advantage online.

What makes you think the Pro is capable of it?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@Zero_epyon: That's a lot of people on the "garbage" consoles lol. If your a publisher you don't want to start shit. Let Sony and MS be the first to demonstrate its ok for MP to be locked 30fps on the "garbage" consoles while premium ones get 60fps mode.

This could be a genuine case where the weakest cpu ps4 is at most just maintaining 30fps and not even the strongest cpu xb1x can add say 45% of that in terms of actual frame perfomance. We can speculate better when cpu benchmarks come along and DF is going to test a jaguar.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

I'm sure the pro is capable of running it at 60 fps at SOME combination of resolution/settings.

Too bad console owners have to just chew on whatever bone the devs decide to throw them.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EndofAugust

@appariti0n said:

I'm sure the pro is capable of running it at 60 fps at SOME combination of resolution/settings.

Too bad console owners have to just chew on whatever bone the devs decide to throw them.

Somehow I think they'll survive, proper motion blur implementation and stable frame pacing go a long way.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 appariti0n

@endofaugust: "Proper motion blur"?

Is that like "honest politician"?

Kind of an oxymoron.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EndofAugust

@appariti0n said:

Kind of an oxymoron.

Forza Horizon 3 is a fine example of excellent motion blur implementation.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#24  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts
@endofaugust said:
@appariti0n said:

Kind of an oxymoron.

Forza Horizon 3 is a fine example of excellent motion blur implementation.

I have only played FH3 on PC and I turned off motion blur right away. So, I can't speak for its implementation. However, I do remember playing FH2 on X1 and it was terrible. The game was so blurry. You would be stationary with your car idling and rotate the camera and it became a blurfest. The sad thing is you could still notice the 30fps judder. Very bad.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
@madrocketeer said:

3. AMD drivers suck.

3. Unfortunately, support for Deferred Contexts and Command Lists is DX11 optional, and AMD choose not to support Command Lists. AMD PC DX11 driver is still stuck at single thread for command list generation.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

no surprises

the cpu in these consoles are simply that weak.At this point there are phone with more powerful cpus.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Motion blur is fine on 30fps, it makes fast action feel less jarring, as for higher frames it's not needed and should be up to the user to decide if he likes the effect or not

Atomolog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Atomolog
Member since 2016 • 195 Posts

@Zero_epyon: true. ps4 and xbox one are holding pro and x back in some games

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ronvalencia

@ShepardCommandr said:

no surprises

the cpu in these consoles are simply that weak.At this point there are phone with more powerful cpus.

Not with Ice Storm benchmarks and Cortex A72

ARM Cortex A72 with quad core at 2.3 Ghz (Kirin 950) vs Intel Atom with quad core at 2.3 Ghz (Z3580)

AMD Athlon 5350 has quad core Jaguar at 2.05 Ghz. CPU physics score is 23,546 which is slightly superior to Intel Atom Z3580 at 2.3 Ghz's 20,977. AMD ZEN doubles Jaguar's IPC and math unit resources.

AMD Athlon 5350 quad core at 2.05 Ghz beats AMD A10-6700T 2 module Piledriver quad core/4 threads 2.5 Ghz.

CPU physics score

AMD Athlon 5350 = 23,546 Double this score for PS4 Pro.

Intel Atom Z3580 = 20,977

ARM Cortex A72 Kirin 950 = 14,784

AMD designed Jaguar to beat Atoms, ARM and PowerPC A2

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I guess this pretty much explains why xb1x wouldnt be able to run D2 at 4k @60fps at Medium or higher settings. Poor lems, they thought they had a console as powerful as a gaming machine. Maybe next gen lemmings, maybe next gen :(

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@appariti0n said:

And too bad PC owners have to just chew on whatever bone their wallet decides to throw at them.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ronvalencia

@daredevils2k said:

I guess this pretty much explains why xb1x wouldnt be able to run D2 at 4k @60fps at Medium or higher settings. Poor lems, they thought they had a console as powerful as a gaming machine. Maybe next gen lemmings, maybe next gen :(

Lems has Halo 5G with dedicated server and Halo 5's successor and in reality, XBO doesn't need wannabe Halo without a dedicated server.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@daredevils2k said:

Lems has Halo 5G with dedicated server and Halo 5's successor and in reality, XBO doesn't need wannabe Halo without a dedicated server.

Back when the developers of this wannabe Halo were the developers of Halo, the series was still considered great.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

Seems like a brilliant PC port. Surprising considering it's Activision/Bungie behind it.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 appariti0n

@scatteh316 said:
@appariti0n said:

And too bad PC owners have to just chew on whatever bone their wallet decides to throw at them.

That doesn't even make sense.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

So, Xbone fans still believe that X1X CPU is from space? Good.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

Yes, like people that don't fall for the hype has been saying all along. MS has sold this machine as if it's the second coming of Christ and lemmings have ate it completely but it actually is just a more capable Pro and not much else. Hardware has limitations and those limitations don't just disappear out of wishful thinking. Also, MS is not capable of making $500 hardware behave like $1000+ one, MS is not a magician. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Sure it will have the best version of multiplat games on consoles but I don't think the extra money it costs for such a small difference is justified even more when the console actually doesn't provide anything more game-wise than other platforms. Reality is finally starting to kick in after so much delusion and BS.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

maybe 360,ps3 version = pc version ? or port

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

@gtx021: You make nonsense.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

Very unsurprising. It's the same shit engine from the first one which was made for consoles from the ground up, last gen ones too. It's not shocking that modern low end CPUs have no trouble running this at 60fps.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zero_epyon

@endofaugust said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Zero_epyon said:

@Zero_epyon said:

1080p 60fps? What makes you think it isn't?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zero_epyon

@Juub1990 said:

@Zero_epyon: Unfair advantage just like on PC lol?

Exactly. That's why you see shooters exclude console players in MP matches.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EndofAugust

@Zero_epyon said:
@endofaugust said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Zero_epyon said:

@Zero_epyon said:

Ineffective IPC.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zero_epyon

@endofaugust said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@endofaugust said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Xplode_games said:

Ineffective IPC.

Doesn't seem like an issue. If it is, then it's an issue for X1X as well.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EndofAugust

@Zero_epyon said:
@endofaugust said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@endofaugust said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Ineffective IPC.

Doesn't seem like an issue. If it is, then it's an issue for X1X as well.

Not necessarily.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10612 Posts

@endofaugust:

Why do people (mainly lems) think that the X1X is some godly machine compared to the PS4Pro? It's definitely more powerful, but definitely not by a generational difference like most people (again, mainly lems) try to make it out to be.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@ermacness: they have to justify to themselves paying $100 more for a mid gen upgraded system that has no games. That takes effort, dedication and a lot of conscious denial.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Well they lied from start. One of Destiny selling points was it will last 10 years over 1 game and no sequels. This was said at E3 Sony ps4 announcement. Now they release Destiny 2. If you support this then any big industry can just lie at what they want just to sell it and change it half way threw. I've seen others say this and all reply they got was. Kids today spoil little brats want everything and over privileged. But as said this was at the time one of Destiny's selling points and shouldn't be changed when its suites them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

@howmakewood said:

Motion blur is fine on 30fps, it makes fast action feel less jarring, as for higher frames it's not needed and should be up to the user to decide if he likes the effect or not

Agree. It's only really useful for games locked at 30fps as it helps to make the animations look a bit smoother, (if done right) Horizon: Zero Dawn as an example benefits this.