Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
  • First Console fighter to run at native 4K
  • Other fighters on the pro reach a max of 1440p, mostly due to those games pushing higher quality settings than KI
  • The pixel boost is 5.76 times the Xbox One version with only 4.6 times gpu boost
  • Resolution appears to be the only change except texture filtering
  • Texture quality, shadows, and effects remain the same
  • The same is true for the PC version where max quality settings matched Xbox One
  • HUD and Text remains at 1080p
  • Fraterates stay at 60 for the great majority of the game
  • Framerate drops to 50 fps can happen when executing special moves
  • Xbox One X gets beaten by an RX 580 which does 4K/60 with no drops during specials even with the lower bandwidth
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Zero_epyon

Post your charts if you want here if you want @ronvalencia

Good luck trying to spin this into "Xbox One X is 1070" thing though.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

"99% of the time at 60fps"

"4K is an amazing feat due to this game starting at 720p"

Can't wait for games to actually be developed on The One X.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zero_epyon

@kuu2 said:

"99% of the time at 60fps"

"4K is an amazing feat due to this game starting at 720p"

Can't wait for games to actually be developed on The One X.

Let's clear that up a bit. This game went from 900p to 4K not 720p to 4K. Just making sure we're not setting up the expectation of 720p games being upgraded to 4K.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Fantastic, this game will look sweet. They should do their best to make it 100% 60 fps though, frame rate drops no matter how minor and rare can affect your combos etc in a fighter, surely something that could be optimized by launch so no worries.

Also, as far as I know, this will be the very first fighting game to offer cross platform play Steam-Xbox-Windows, it's great it's still getting supported like this and with the juicy graphical boost I hope they release new stuff for it as well. Been a while I played it, going to choose a new main to practice with I already played with like half the characters before, great cast overall

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

Excellent. KI was a pretty demanding game at the time of launch on PC, it's very impressive they got it to 4K on the X.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

I love Killer Instinct more than any other game on Xbox One back then before it became Xbox Play Anywhere, but it is in no way the best looking fighter even with a resolution jump to 4K. The textures and animations were dated even back in 2013 for a launch title. Tekken 7, Injustice 2, and Street Fighter V are all way better visually even at a lower resolution. But to be fair, it's not the Xbox One X's fault, it is the fact that KI is a 4 year old game and was a launch game with a much smaller budget than the games listed above that is just rendered in 4K. Maybe it would be more impressive if they gave HDR and some higher quality textures with the updates now.

I love playing Killer Instinct more so then I do for SFV and I'm gonna reinstalled KI on PC soon.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Can't wait to play this game at 4K. Looks GREAT!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Sounds great. I've had the game for the Xbox One ever since launch and have enjoyed seeing it grow to what it is now. Really looking forward to playing it on the Xbox One X.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

not sure why you put him on blast specifically.

for every time he brings that up, theres 5 cows going "HURR DOESNT HIT 60 FPS" "HUR HUR TEH 1060 IS BETTER DEN DIS CONSONE" "LOL LOW TEXTURES"

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zero_epyon

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

not sure why you put him on blast specifically.

for every time he brings that up, theres 5 cows going "HURR DOESNT HIT 60 FPS" "HUR HUR TEH 1060 IS BETTER DEN DIS CONSONE" "LOL LOW TEXTURES"

Because he created a thread after I made this one where he barely talked about the video and instead put charts up about 1060's and stuff. I don't know about all that other stuff.

Ron's Thread

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Well if the previous DF video is right about F7 being maxed 4K/60fps on X then it's a mixed bag since 580/1060 need a good overclock to almost achieve that.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

So it's running at 4k/60 fps with some drops on heavy alpha effects in an unfinished build and this is proof xboxone x is not gtx 1070 performance?

The cow desperation is getting out of hand.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@Zero_epyon: I'm kinda surprise DF didn't want to wait for Steam version of KI that will be releasing later this year and if it's anything like a huge improvements similar to Quantum Break from Windows 10 to Steam, I would hope if DF can revisit KI windows 10 vs Steam.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

This game makes me wish I was more of a fighting game fan. It looks great but then again I thought it looked great before also.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zero_epyon

@commander said:

So it's running at 4k/60 fps with some drops on heavy alpha effects in an unfinished build and this is proof xboxone x is not gtx 1070 performance?

"Tellingly, on PC, 4K was always in the running for GPUs with a similar power profile to Xbox One X. Take AMD's RX 580 as a case in point; the card capably handles Killer Instinct's top settings at 4K and 60fps, and even rides out those special moves with no drops. It's essentially a six teraflop GPU, and though lower on bandwidth next to Xbox One X, it hits the mark."

We see once again DF, say that the RX 580 is what the Xbox One is is comparable to. They've backed off the idea that it's equivalent to a 1070 since they've seen more games since the Forza tech demo. The GTX 1070 is a far better card than the rx 580. And the 580 outperforms the XBox One X.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

damn thats a big difference

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

I always say X1X is around GTX 1060 level and that's as far as X1X is going.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@commander said:

"Tellingly, on PC, 4K was always in the running for GPUs with a similar power profile to Xbox One X. Take AMD's RX 580 as a case in point; the card capably handles Killer Instinct's top settings at 4K and 60fps, and even rides out those special moves with no drops. It's essentially a six teraflop GPU, and though lower on bandwidth next to Xbox One X, it hits the mark."

We see once again DF, say that the RX 580 is what the Xbox One is is comparable to. They've backed off the idea that it's equivalent to a 1070 since they've seen more games since the Forza tech demo. The GTX 1070 is a far better card than the rx 580. And the 580 outperforms the XBox One X.

For this game, RX-580 rivaled GTX 1070. R9-390X have rivaled GTX 1070/980 Ti results.

RX-580 and R9-390X has tile cache render via compute shader path.

Score that equals 1000 has about 60 fps.

There are other games which shows RX-580 rivaling GTX 1070.

These games would avoided the known bottlenecks on AMD GPUs and delivered thier TFLOPS results comparable to NVIDIA's TFLOPS counterparts.

Call of Duty IW is another strong AMD GPU title.

I generally don't use strong AMD game titles for comparison between X1X with NVIDIA GPUs.

The larger question, can Xbox One X shift more software optimization path towards AMD's side?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ronvalencia

@davillain- said:

For this game, RX-580/R9-390X murders GTX 1060. The old AMD Gaming Evolved vs NVIDIA Gameworks issues hasn't disappeared. Killer Instinct is a strong AMD title.

The difference between X1X and RX-580 is X1X has a wider workload type that delivers narrower gap with NVIDIA's TFLOPS counterpart e.g. X1X has hardware optimization for ForzaTech and Unreal Engine 4. MS couldn't convince EPIC to optimize towards AMD GPUs hence X1X hardware for optimized for Unreal Engine 4.

Xbox resurgence when combined with PS4 Pro could further drive software path towards AMD GPUs.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@ronvalencia: Whatever you say.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@commander said:

For this game, RX-580 rivaled GTX 1070. R9-390X have rivaled GTX 1070/980 Ti results.

These games would avoided the known bottlenecks on AMD GPUs and delivered thier TFLOPS results comparable to NVIDIA's TFLOPS counterparts.

I generally don't use strong AMD game titles for comparison between X1X with NVIDIA GPUs.

The larger question, can Xbox One X shift more software optimization path towards AMD's side?

Exactly, cows claiming the xboxone x has only 1060 performance because it has similarities with the rx 580 in architecture is ridiculous.

For starters the rx 580 has more raw power than the gtx 1060 but this is also not just an rx 580, the xboxone x has customized hardware, not to mention much higher bandwith. Developpers will make use of the custom optimizations and like most consoles it will exceed the pc counterparts that are similar in performance.

These are also the reasons why df mentioned gtx 1070 performance in the first place and why they came back from it. It's also the reason why ark dev mentioned gtx 1070 performance.

Using these early builds as proof are also ridiculous, They are not even finished to begin with and there will surely be a ton of titles at launch that won't get 1070 performance, because they are older titles, newer titles build from the ground up with the xboxone but also the xboxone x in mind will make better use of the customized hardware.

and because of that it's highly likely it will rival or at least come very close to the gtx 1070.

Red dead redemption 2, far cry 5 and call of duty wwII will be real eye openers.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

They should consider lowering some settings, or just rendering at 1440p, frame drops that bad are a no go for this genre.

Guessing the more competitive KI scene will be sticking with the other versions.

And no lems, before you try crucifying me on some dumb shit, I'd say this no matter the situation. The shit happens. Like when the competitive USF4 scene said fvck off to the PS4 version and went to 360 instead.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

The fact that framerate drops below 60 fps means that they need to tone some stuff down and also shows that its only around RX 580 level of performance. Still not GTX 1070 level. Its a fighting game with AMD bias it not a clear statement on x1x being as strong as GTX 1070. We need more neutral bias demanding games to gauge better. I still believe that x1x is at best slightly better than RX 580 without factoring in cpu holding gpu back.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ronvalencia

@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@commander said:

Exactly, cows claiming the xboxone x has only 1060 performance because it has similarities with the rx 580 in architecture is ridiculous.

For starters the rx 580 has more raw power than the gtx 1060 but this is also not just an rx 580, the xboxone x has customized hardware, not to mention much higher bandwith. Developpers will make use of the custom optimizations and like most consoles it will exceed the pc counterparts that are similar in performance.

These are also the reasons why df mentioned gtx 1070 performance in the first place and why they came back from it. It's also the reason why ark dev mentioned gtx 1070 performance.

Using these early builds as proof are also ridiculous, They are not even finished to begin with and there will surely be a ton of titles at launch that won't get 1070 performance, because they are older titles, newer titles build from the ground up with the xboxone but also the xboxone x in mind will make better use of the customized hardware.

and because of that it's highly likely it will rival or at least come very close to the gtx 1070.

Red dead redemption 2, far cry 5 and call of duty wwII will be real eye openers.

It was stated in DF, X1X hardware was optimized for existing 3D engines that MS has access to e.g. ForzaTech, Unreal Engine 4, Unity3D and Halo5G. Detractors has choose to ignore it.

Call of Duty WW2... refer to Call of Duty IW's results.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ronvalencia

@04dcarraher said:

The fact that framerate drops below 60 fps means that they need to tone some stuff down and also shows that its only around RX 580 level of performance. Still not GTX 1070 level. Its a fighting game with AMD bias it not a clear statement on x1x being as strong as GTX 1070. We need more neutral bias demanding games to gauge better. I still believe that x1x is at best slightly better than RX 580 without factoring in cpu holding gpu back.

Your argument wouldn't hold water for Doom alpha build vs Doom beta build vs Doom retail builds for NVIDIA GPUs. Optimizations are more than graphics settings tweaks e.g. respect shader register storage limits, respect shader program length and 'etc'. GDC lectures has shown different software optimization paths for AMD and NV GPUs.

X1X version already rivaled stock 980 Ti's results and beaten GTX 1060.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ronvalencia

@davillain- said:

@ronvalencia: Whatever you say.

PS4 Pro and resurgent Xbox has additional leverage for AMD GPU optimizations i.e. making AMD's TFLOPS rivals NVIDIA's TFLOPS counterparts.

Resident Evil 7 is another strong AMD GPU title.

Techpowerup's summary results can change when it's stacked with equally strong AMD gaming titles e.g. AMD's Killer Instinct S3 inserted to match NVIDIA's Street Fighter V.

The difference with X1X and RX-580 is Forzatech and Unreal Engine 4 handling.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kuu2

@ConanTheStoner: "99% of the time this game runs at 60fps" let's half the reso for that 1%?????

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Doom was released with latest version on Opengl while AMD gpus at the time didn't support it because of their focus on Mantle. AMD suffered from poor utilization until they started using vulkan to fix that issue. Nvidia tends to maximize gpu resources from the get go.

Also your assuming that x1x is running all settings and tweaks same as pc versions which its not.... they are using a slew of more refined settings including dynamic settings, and using tricks to upscale and save resources to fit the hardware better. x1x gpu is not as fast as you are suggesting it is.For all intensive purposes its basically a slightly modified RX 480/580.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@kuu2 said:

@ConanTheStoner: "99% of the time this game runs at 60fps" let's half the reso for that 1%?????

1. Not 99% of the time, that's just a random percentage thrown out there. Though yes, even if it were only dropping 1% of the time, I'd still go with it.

2. Half the resolution would just be the most obvious quick fix, but as I also said, could just lower some settings. lol

I get that a console 60fps is almost never a locked 60fps. Drops to the 50s or even 40s on "60fps" console games are pretty normal.

But this is a fighting game. Drops that low aren't ok for this genre at all. People get bent out of shape when fighting games drop to 58fps lol. Should always be a locked 60.

I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who just want to play KI at 4k and don't give a fvck. But this will be a bummer for their core player base, at least the ones who were interested in getting the X1X.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kuu2

@ConanTheStoner: Now hermits are calling DF's credibility into question. My goodness.

99% is now just some arbitrary number. Lulz.........

The drops are during specials as well which don't affect gameplay.

Keep trying.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@kuu2 said:

@ConanTheStoner: Now hermits are calling DF's credibility into question. My goodness.

Keep trying.

By my standards there shouldn't be any drops at all.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ConanTheStoner

@kuu2 said:

See, this is why I didn't want to respond to you in the first place. You're coming from a supremely biased standpoint, I really shouldn't even bother.

Like hypothetically speaking, if I were saying the same thing about SFV and PS4 Pro, you'd either ignore it, or even agree with me, right? Of course you would.

---

But yes, it is an arbitrary number. It's a way of saying, hey, it doesn't happen too often guys.

Unless you're going to show me where they constructed an all encompassing overview of every possible situation that can occur in the game over hours upon hours of play, then we can agree that 99% isn't accurate, correct? If not then show me the data, thanks.

Drops during specials do affect gameplay of course. KI works on a cancel based system. But if you want to tell all the KI fans who spent hundreds if not thousands of hours practicing their game that they should be fine stomaching some new inconsistencies with their timing then be my guest.

@kuu2 said:

Keep trying.

That's on you man. You're the one desperately trying to turn this into a fanboy poo slinging contest and bring me down to your level because you feel I'm insulting your precious box.

All I was doing was stating the obvious, no trying involved.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kuu2

@ConanTheStoner: You are the one saying that the it's an arbitrary number with zero proof. Please provide where you are getting your info?

I love how all of a sudden DF is being picked apart and called into question. All gen DF has been paraded around here as experts. As soon as One X gets the spotlight everything is so subjective. Even Hermits sound like they are shook.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

This thread is hilarious

By the replies I'm glad people are starting to realize how pathetic it is that cows are hiding behind pcs after how shitty the pro is.

Keep grasping the straws, losers.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@kuu2 said:

@ConanTheStoner: You are the one saying that the it's an arbitrary number with zero proof. Please provide where you are getting your info?

I love how all of a sudden DF is being picked apart and called into question. All gen DF has been paraded around here as experts. As soon as One X gets the spotlight everything is so subjective.

Ok, so for one I'm not picking apart DF here at all. I'm stating the most obvious thing, of course they didn't stress test the game in every possible situation and come up with an exact 99%. How could they? You'd really have to be a bit slow to think 99% was literal in this instance. I'm not calling DF into question at all, them saying 99% is fine, I'm calling your own intelligence into question for taking it as a literal statement lol.

Aside from that I've never paraded DF around as experts. Quite the opposite actually, their videos make me cringe when they start speaking out of their depth. If it's matters of resolution, frame rate, frame pacing, etc., then fine, they're dependable enough at regurgitating easily measured things. Once they actually start trying to talk from a 3d artist standpoint it's lulz city all day, they have no clue. Which has no affect on our current discussion, just explaining where I stand on DF since you're trying to lump me in with some forum idiot hive mind.

But what I'm saying in this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the bat shit crazy fanboy fiction you have going on in your head. Really, I find guys like you disturbing tbh. Somewhere in that landfill you call a brain, you've managed to construct this scenario in which my original comment was somehow an insult to X1X. Somehow you believe I'm shitting on DF's credibility to in turn shit on your console, when I'm doing NEITHER.

Come back to reality son.

@kuu2 said:

Even Hermits sound like they are shook.

Why would I be? KI is a good game. I already have a version that runs and looks better. I'll probably pick up the Steam version as well when it drops.

But how you made the jump from "hey, they should do something to address these performance issues" to "omg he's shook" is really an amazing feat of mental gymnastics and paranoia.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This thread is fantastic.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kuu2

@ConanTheStoner: Oh my gosh they don't stress test the entire game???? Well this invalidates every comparison they have ever done. Of course they don't and neither does any other comparison article. Yet again none of this has mattered in the past. Also LOL at questioning anything about me based on a site that i type on that labels it's members as Cows, Lemmings, Hermits, and Manti ores. If you take anything seriously here I question your maturity.

This version of KI is top notch and nothing anyone says can change that.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ConanTheStoner

@kuu2 said:

@ConanTheStoner: Oh my gosh they don't stress test the entire game???? Well this invalidates every comparison they have ever done. Of course they don't and neither does any other comparison article.

No shit? Glad you finally understand, so we agree 99% is not literal then, correct?

See, if you weren't tripping over yourself to be such a fanboy, we wouldn't have had this discussion.

You're still missing the point of course, but whatever, not gonna continue spelling it out for you.

@kuu2 said:

Also LOL at questioning anything about me based on a site that i type on that labels it's members as Cows, Lemmings, Hermits, and Manti ores. If you take anything seriously here I question your maturity.

Word, so you can assume all kinds of crazy fanboy fiction nonsense about me in this thread, based on absolutely nothing. But me just making assumptions based on the actual shit you type is a no no.

Makes sense.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

So goes down to 50FPS for every special move? Wow that sucks.

If only the X1X CPU was slightly stronger it could've handled a locked 60FPS with 4K.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ConanTheStoner

@lukeasaurusrex said:

@EnergyAbsorber: No. It is almost always locked at 60fps, but occasionally FPS drops to 58 to 55 fps during special attacks. Like I said though, most of the time it stays locked 60fps even during special attacks, and it still can be ironed out before release.

Yep, which is pretty likely. The KI devs know fighting games damn well, and have gone out of their way to make things technically sound.

I highly doubt they'll let frame dips slide through like that.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kuu2

@ConanTheStoner: Not assuming anything. I couldn't care less about you.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ronvalencia

@04dcarraher said:

Doom was released with latest version on Opengl while AMD gpus at the time didn't support it because of their focus on Mantle. AMD suffered from poor utilization until they started using vulkan to fix that issue. Nvidia tends to maximize gpu resources from the get go.

Also your assuming that x1x is running all settings and tweaks same as pc versions which its not.... they are using a slew of more refined settings including dynamic settings, and using tricks to upscale and save resources to fit the hardware better. x1x gpu is not as fast as you are suggesting it is.For all intensive purposes its basically a slightly modified RX 480/580.

Issue 1

NVIDIA already has Async task for DX11 MT while AMD's PC DX11 drivers has nothing...

https://developer.nvidia.com/dx12-dos-and-donts

Don’ts

• Don’t rely on the driver to parallelize any Direct3D12 works in driver threads
    • On DX11 the driver does farm off asynchronous tasks to driver worker threads where possible – this doesn’t happen anymore under DX12
    • While the total cost of work submission in DX12 has been reduced, the amount of work measured on the application’s thread may be larger due to the loss of driver threading. The more efficiently one can use parallel hardware cores of the CPU to submit work in parallel, the more benefit in terms of draw call submission performance can be expected.

Under Vulkan or DirectX12, both NVIDIA and AMD are on even level field since it's up to game programmer's job to create multi-threads and async tasks.

This issue wasn't a large factor for AMD's strong showing for Call of Duty IW DX11, Titan Fall 2 DX11 and Resident Evil 7 DX11.

Issue 2

Memory movement handling behavior can influence the effective TFLOPS.

For Killer Instinct, it's not memory bandwidth heavy game which enables RX-580 to reach it's TFLOPS potential against NVIDIA's TFLOPS counterpart.

Another factor would be following's AMD's guidance on software based tile cache render via compute path since this is connected to 2MB L2 cache for RX-580. Both RX-580 and X1X is about equal on compute shader being connected to 2MB L2 cache path. Compute shader path uses TMU write function as ROPS replacement (without ROPS fix function effects).

There's several methods for blending effect layers i.e. compute shader path or pixel (RBE/ROPS) path.

On NVIDIA Paxwell GPUs, compute and pixel paths has similar read/write performance, hence a more consistent performance. This is due to both TMU and ROPS are connected to L2 cache.

Other reasons for AMD pushing compute shader/async compute shader path are mostly due to

1. more TMUs relative ROPS units

2. Multi-MB L2 cache being connected to TMUs.

My main reason why I select GTX 980 Ti over R9-390X is NVIDIA GPU is good for both compute and pixel paths, hence better consistency.

RX-580's rasterization rate is slightly higher than GTX 1070's 5.0 G triangles btw.

RX Vega 32 is effectively improved RX-580 with RBE/ROPS being connected to multi-MB L2 cache.

NVIDIA has been flying with RBE/ROPS tile render cache advantage since Maxwell era and has been profiting from this advantage with near RX-580 BOM cost GTX 1070.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Got the game, will try out the patch when TEH EX arrives.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@davillain- said:

This is incorrect.

The XB1X should Perform somewhere between a 1060 and 1070 but closer to a 1070. The other advantage that PC has is that bandwidth doesn't have to be shared with the CPU. Y'all should all give the devs a chance to optimize this. Sure the devs could get it perfect with some fine tuning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@davillain-: Really? I think KI is prettier than SFV. SFV isn't a particularly handsome game in my opinion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

@kuu2:

The MS/Xbox haters seemingly can't help but fully reveal themselves the last few months. Eh, I'm thinking those of us like you and me around here known who they really were the whole time. lol :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@jumpaction said:

@davillain-: Really? I think KI is prettier than SFV. SFV isn't a particularly handsome game in my opinion.

I actually enjoy KI more so then I did for SFV.