DF: Hitman 3 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Comparison: An Xbox Advantage At 4K

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

16132

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 16132 Posts
  • No modes. One mode at 60fps
  • Series X native 4K/60 fps
  • Series S is native 1080p/60
  • Series S gets high textures and Series X uses ultra textures
  • PS5 native 1800p/60 with the same ultra textures
  • Shadow quality is best on Series X at High PS5 at Medium and S at Low
  • AF at 8x on all consolles
  • Series S only shows drops in the Mendoza level in a field
  • Series X locked 60 with very small dips during sniper rifle shots and running in the field
  • PS5 is locked at 60 as well but does not drop in the Mendoza level
  • Identical loading for next gen consoles in loading with PS5 in front by a split second
Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36424

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36424 Posts

I'll play it as the master of Hitman games (Ghosts) intended: on PC.

Console games are movie games.

Avatar image for BlackShirt20
BlackShirt20

2523

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2523 Posts

Xbox Series X native 4k lock. Performance 60fps lock (outside of one spot on one map). Max setting outside of shadows which is set to high.

Xbox Series S native HD (1080p) lock 60fps outside of one spot on one map). High and medium settings.

PS5 1800p and lock 60fps regardless of map. Max settings except for shadows set to medium.

Loading times across the board are near identical. The PS5 SSD still proving its not worth it.

Xbox Series X is the clear winner and much more crisp than PS5.

Now that Xbox is getting there tools in order we are beginning to see higher resolution, higher settings and performance. Well done Xbox. Well done.

Avatar image for sts106mat
sts106mat

25199

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4 sts106mat
Member since 2005 • 25199 Posts

Series x wins

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

Bu buh but, teh SSD. 😂

I can't forget the amount of push back I got from Sony fannies when I said that the SSD is NOT a game changer and that based on PC benchmarks, above a certain speed it doesn't matter.

I was also told that the PS5 was faster than the Series X and that it would always outperform the Series X for the entire generation. What month and year is this again?😎

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

6956

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6956 Posts

What's better, native 4k or 1800p and 0.4sec faster loading screens? 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

1570

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 1570 Posts

PS5 still falling short of hiting 8k/120. But at least the SSD is vastly superior.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

10683

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 10683 Posts

Damn the tools have finally arrived.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Damn the tools have finally arrived.

😂

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

5896

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#10 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5896 Posts

We already know first party will make use of the SSD, no idea why it keeps getting mentioned. Same for the controller to be honest.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

14713

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14713 Posts

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Too bad it's a game no one cares about.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

We already know first party will make use of the SSD, no idea why it keeps getting mentioned. Same for the controller to be honest.

Every game on the PS5 makes use of the SSD. There is no secret sauce.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5159

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#13 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5159 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
  • No modes. One mode at 60fps
  • Series X native 4K/60 fps
  • Series S is native 1080p/60
  • Series S gets high textures and Series X uses ultra textures
  • PS5 native 1800p/60 with the same ultra textures
  • Shadow quality is best on Series X at High PS5 at Medium and S at Low
  • AF at 8x on all consolles
  • Series S only shows drops in the Mendoza level in a field
  • Series X locked 60 with very small dips during sniper rifle shots and running in the field
  • PS5 is locked at 60 as well but does not drop in the Mendoza level
  • Identical loading for next gen consoles in loading with PS5 in front by a split second

Yikes! It's 2021, when will consoles get with the times?

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

10683

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 10683 Posts

Wait why is AF 8x? PC's have been able to do AF 16x for over a decade with virtually no performance loss. Why do we still see lower quality AF on consoles? They can handle 16x no problem surely.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

It is weird to see people make such a big deal about anisotropic filtering.🤷‍♀️

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

10683

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 10683 Posts
@Pedro said:

It is weird to see people make such a big deal about anisotropic filtering.🤷‍♀️

Not making a big deal. AF is basically free visual upgrade. Why not just max it out?

Last gen there were reasons, but now?

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@Pedro said:

It is weird to see people make such a big deal about anisotropic filtering.🤷‍♀️

Not making a big deal. AF is basically free visual upgrade. Why not just max it out?

Last gen there were reasons, but now?

That is a question for the developers. It is my understanding that the implementation is negligible and doable on both systems. There is a reason that is unknown to us.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

1570

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 1570 Posts

This thread is underperforming. I wonder why.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

5254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 5254 Posts

That’s more like it. The Devs must have got their toolz finally

Avatar image for greygoose12
Greygoose12

168

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#21 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 168 Posts

Yeah this is first clear win. Not a few fps on this mode a few fps on this mode. One drops to a lower res a few scenes. They mentioned vrs was going to be used maybe this was was the difference.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
NoodleFighter

11207

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11207 Posts

Devs finally got their tools now Series X can show its true power over PS5!

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

I see tools being mentioned. I hope this is sarcasm.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

21437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#24 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21437 Posts

Even as a lem...

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
NoodleFighter

11207

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11207 Posts
Loading Video...

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

530

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#26 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 530 Posts

The XSX drops to the 50s in one level and the PS5 doesn't drop at all. 1800p to 4k is only 15%? They should have just raised the PS5 resolution to 4k.

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

11424

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11424 Posts

At least the Series S gets 60fps, some Series games are 60 on the X and 30 on the S.

I appreciate that there aren't different display options, you don't feel like you're making a compromise between fps and quality.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

@silentchief said:

The XSX drops to the 50s in one level and the PS5 doesn't drop at all. 1800p to 4k is only 15%? They should have just raised the PS5 resolution to 4k.

It should be obvious that the frame-rate drop is anomaly that can be fixed. If the PS5 could have played at 4k 60FPS, they would have but they didn't. Most PS5 owners would appreciate the performance being constant than uprezing and the performance tanking.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

530

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 530 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

The XSX drops to the 50s in one level and the PS5 doesn't drop at all. 1800p to 4k is only 15%? They should have just raised the PS5 resolution to 4k.

It should be obvious that the frame-rate drop is anomaly that can be fixed. If the PS5 could have played at 4k 60FPS, they would have but they didn't. Most PS5 owners would appreciate the performance being constant than uprezing and the performance tanking.

DF think it's because of the foliage. I doubt it's an anomaly when it consistently is below 60.

The PS5 would have maybe dipped in the 50s as well but the fact the game doesn't have a single dip at 1800p means it could have been pushed harder.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

@silentchief said:

DF think it's because of the foliage. I doubt it's an anomaly when it consistently is below 60.

The PS5 would have maybe dipped in the 50s as well but the fact the game doesn't have a single dip at 1800p means it could have been pushed harder.

If the PS5 could have been pushed harder they would have but they didn't because they couldn't. The entire game runs at 60fps on the Series X at a higher resolution except for this one section. That is literally an anomaly.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

530

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#31 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 530 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

DF think it's because of the foliage. I doubt it's an anomaly when it consistently is below 60.

The PS5 would have maybe dipped in the 50s as well but the fact the game doesn't have a single dip at 1800p means it could have been pushed harder.

If the PS5 could have been pushed harder they would have but they didn't because they couldn't. The entire game runs at 60fps on the Series X at a higher resolution except for this one section. That is literally an anomaly.

By that logic the XSX couldn't run AC unity at 1440p then either yet somehow the PS5 could.

Avatar image for daredevils2k
Daredevils2k

2981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32  Edited By Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 2981 Posts

Even though the PS5 is outselling the xbsex by the millions, this is still really good news for the xbox fans. congrats !!

Avatar image for phlop_spencer
Phlop_Spencer

1476

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#33 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

DF think it's because of the foliage. I doubt it's an anomaly when it consistently is below 60.

The PS5 would have maybe dipped in the 50s as well but the fact the game doesn't have a single dip at 1800p means it could have been pushed harder.

If the PS5 could have been pushed harder they would have but they didn't because they couldn't. The entire game runs at 60fps on the Series X at a higher resolution except for this one section. That is literally an anomaly.

So then you agree all head to heads where Xbx falls short of PS5 it’s due to power limitations. Because if Xbx could have been pushed harder to match PS5 performance, they would have, correct? mr developer “I’m not a lem” Piedro. What a clown lol

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

33820

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#34 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33820 Posts

Watching the video now and it’s certainly a nice and clean looking game.

Avatar image for rdnav2
RDNAv2

172

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#35 RDNAv2
Member since 2019 • 172 Posts

From this point forward I expect this sort of outcome to be the norm.

Sony fans were delusional if they thought a 10.3 teraflop console was going to outperform the 12.2 Teraflop Console forever

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

6956

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6956 Posts

I skipped the first two, but after watching doc stream it, i am kinda interested. The art style they got going is great. Plus this game seems to be so well optimized on pc. 100fps+ on my 1070 on ultra and 1080p is pretty good. In 1440p 60fps+ should be guaranteed.

How is a ps5 having a hard time running this? Wasn't RDNA2 supposed to be godly compared to my old ass 1070?

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36424

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#37 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 36424 Posts

@Juub1990: Dunno man, I always heard it's because of weak console CPUs

But the new Xbox and PS5 have a more than capable CPU to provide AFx16

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

2444

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#38 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2444 Posts

Now this shows the true power of Xbox Series X.

2021 will be the year PS5 is put in its place.

Xbox Series X is the best console out there.

Greatness awaits! Believe in Phil, Nads and Xbeard!

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47101

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#39 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47101 Posts

@silentchief said:

By that logic the XSX couldn't run AC unity at 1440p then either yet somehow the PS5 could.

I am so sorry, I mistook your comments as someone who favors facts. My bad.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

2352

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2352 Posts

another easy xbox win

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

37710

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 37710 Posts

Poo cows. lol :P

Avatar image for mowgly1
mowgly1

1569

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#42 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 1569 Posts

PS5 is doomed, isn't it?

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

845

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#43 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 845 Posts

Nice dips on the xbox. Ps5 is smooth sailing at 60 fps. It hasn’t

Even been fully patched for ps5 either. Premium experience on ps5 confirmed.

Avatar image for sts106mat
sts106mat

25199

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#44 sts106mat
Member since 2005 • 25199 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

Nice dips on the xbox. Ps5 is smooth sailing at 60 fps. It hasn’t

Even been fully patched for ps5 either. Premium experience on ps5 confirmed.

if being stupid was illegal, you'd be spending your life in prison.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

845

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#45 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 845 Posts

@sts106mat: damage control begins! Xbox series x, the 50 fps machine!

Avatar image for sts106mat
sts106mat

25199

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#46 sts106mat
Member since 2005 • 25199 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

@sts106mat: damage control begins! Xbox series x, the 50 fps machine!

4K, 60fps, ultra settings

vs

1800p 60fps medium settings

Both the eurogamer guys said they would go with the series x version.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

16132

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#47 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 16132 Posts

@sts106mat said:
@sheevpalpamemes said:

@sts106mat: damage control begins! Xbox series x, the 50 fps machine!

4K, 60fps, ultra settings

vs

1800p 60fps medium settings

Both the eurogamer guys said they would go with the series x version.

No it's Series X 4K Ultra Textures/High Shadows

PS5 1800p Ultra Textures/Medium Shadows

Everything else is identical. But yes the Series X wins this one and the minor dips in a particular area are negligible enough.

Avatar image for tumorstation5
TumorStation5

59

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 59 Posts

The scope issue can easily be fixed in mendoza level , looks like a inherited issue from the Series S to X transition, if the other consoles doesn't run at 4K and has medium settings is for a reason.

Avatar image for tumorstation5
TumorStation5

59

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#49 TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 59 Posts

The scope issue can easily be fixed in mendoza level , looks like a inherited issue from the Series S to X transition, if the other console doesn't run at 4K and has medium settings is for a reason (ps5)

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

845

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#50 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 845 Posts

@sts106mat: ultra settings for ps5, 50 fps dips on xbox 50 fps series x. You can’t read yet call people stupid.

Total loser!