DF Halo Infinite E3 2019: A Taste Of Next-Gen Xbox Graphics?

• 144 results
#101 Posted by NUSNA_Moebius (118 posts) -

It looks very current gen in terms of rendering make-up, but with next gen like image quality since it's 4K and has very little aliasing. The sheer lack of easily detectable polygon edges is very impressive though. Some nice modeling and likely some very well thought out tessellation control. However, gameplay in the big outdoor spaces teased by the original trailer is going to be the real test.

#102 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (956 posts) -
@shurns said:

Current generation

"Next generation"

😂😂🤣

Damn 😂🤣😂

#103 Edited by Pedro (34384 posts) -

LOL at people thinking next gen is going to offer any meaningful jump.

#104 Edited by NUSNA_Moebius (118 posts) -

@Pedro said:

The opportunity is in CPU processing capability and RT image improvements. The latter, if used correctly can actually be used for gameplay elements, visual & even sound. The former will make hitting performance targets much easier for devs. Eight-core Zen 2 at ~3 GHz offers 4x the general performance, 8x the SIMD of even the upclocked Scorpio APU. It felt like there was some big regression in interactivity and dynamic systems this gen. Zen 2 can fix that because it won't be so hampered. Imagine GTAV with 4x NPCs and vehicles or something like that. Ass-creed can have legit large crowds not composed of instanced, cloned animations across multiple NPCs. Interactive fluids should be doable on top of all the other tasks asked of the CPU.

#105 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

I'm watching the video over an dover again at least to see where this series will finally die.

#106 Edited by BoxRekt (1190 posts) -
@Pedro said:

LOL FAIL!!!!

Loading Video...

Cyberpunk2077 already proves you wrong you damage controlling xbot fanboy! And Cyberpunk2077 is only a 1st generation NEXT GEN multiplat developed game.

There is NO place for you lemmings to hide or backtrack to now.

You're one of the clowns that argued for forward compatibility, ending generations by only having iterations and saying upscalling would solve all graphical problems for xbox while defending MS's one-size-fits-all development philosophy

After fiercely defending all that, don't turn away from MS's "NEXT GEN"

EMBRACE IT!

LMFAO, but NOW you're damage controlling the results that you defended. We told you, more specifically I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD BE THE RESULT FOOL!

"Bu but upscalling will solve all graphical problems?"

Maybe you can understand these words now you corporate shill, THIS IS WHY GENERATIONS MATTER!

By every development metric, an AAA exclusive coded to the metal should be superior to a multiplat that needs to be coded on multiple platforms. Yet CP2077 mud stomps Halo Infinite graphically so bad that, surprise, it looks a "generation" apart. That's because Halo Infinite was just developed as a shitty current gen Xbox one title that's only been upscaled to 4k 60fps, just like you lemming wanted haha. Self Owned!

TLHBO!

AND

DAMAGE CONTROL DENIED!

#107 Edited by BoxRekt (1190 posts) -
@nusna_moebius said:
@Pedro said:

The opportunity is in CPU processing capability and RT image improvements. The latter, if used correctly can actually be used for gameplay elements, visual & even sound. The former will make hitting performance targets much easier for devs. Eight-core Zen 2 at ~3 GHz offers 4x the general performance, 8x the SIMD of even the upclocked Scorpio APU. It felt like there was some big regression in interactivity and dynamic systems this gen. Zen 2 can fix that because it won't be so hampered. Imagine GTAV with 4x NPCs and vehicles or something like that. Ass-creed can have legit large crowds not composed of instanced, cloned animations across multiple NPCs. Interactive fluids should be doable on top of all the other tasks asked of the CPU.

The problem is, with MS wanting to code to OG Xbox One for the foreseeable future, none of that shit that you just wrote matters.

The only games that will take advantage of Scarlet at this point will be next gen multiplats like Cyberpunk 2077. The Scarlet will literally be like a generic PC relying only on unoptimized multiplats to show it's power.

Unlike Halo Infinite, Cyberpunk was actually "developed" on next gen hardware FIRST as the base line then scaled down.

CD Projekt Red Hints 'Cyberpunk 2077' Will Be A Cross-Gen Release

Sony and Microsoft haven't kept CD Projekt Red in the loop about their plans for next-gen, or Kicisnki is trying to say as much as he can without outright confirming anything. Who knows. It is worth pointing out though that this isn't the first time the game has been teased for next-gen systems. During last year's financial call in March, it was mentionedthe game was being bult on next-gen technology, suggesting it was PS5 and Xbox Scarlett bound.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03/29/cyberpunk-2077-ps5-xbox-cross-gen-cd-projekt-red/

MS's development philosophy requires them to ensure compatibility with the weakest hardware first, the Halo Infinite we saw is the result of that kind of development.

No matter how powerful Scarlet is or capability is has, it doesn't mean shit if the games aren't coded to take advantage of it's specific next gen ablity. All you're going to get is higher resolution, framerate and textures similar to how PC's upscale current gen 2013 console games now.

#108 Posted by SecretPolice (35235 posts) -

Unholy cowzerz. That Halo Infinite video running on OG X1 blows away anything even Phony and the PS Bore Poo has shown. :o

Just wow, can you imagine the Mighty X1X version and mooaar mind blowing, Super Mighty Scarlet version? Yikes!! :D

MS/343, you guys are graphics magicians of the highest order. :P

#109 Posted by Antwan3K (4397 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@Antwan3K said:

I'm pretty sure I read that they were running this on a PC..

Yeah PC specs that match Xbox Scarlett. I read a dev from 343i said this trailer is the opening part of Halo Infinite running in real time. Those fools showing Death Standing CGI images and not even gameplay because they know base PS4 pro will show downgrade. They think PS4 pro which gets smoked by X1X that it can match Scarlett. 😂

Yeah, I know.. Just saying I'll be more interested when DF is running analysis on actual Project Scarlet hardware instead of PC approximations..

#110 Posted by Zero_epyon (13199 posts) -
@Pedro said:

People expected a meaningful jump between Xbox One S and X, a midgen refresh. Some called the X a generational leap when it was being previewed. The next system will do the same, only with much more efficient hardware. I expect significant improvements to visual quality along with improved performance.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#111 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1437 posts) -

I doubt Halo Infinite will be the best FPS launch title of all time!

#112 Posted by StormyJoe (7798 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

if they're using Halo 5 as the graphical bar, they're not setting the bar very high for next gen xbox to be honest.

Halo Infinite overall, even though just in-engine trailer, was underwhelming graphically. While graphically nice, it looks completely current gen.

The "moo" is strong in this one.

Dude, why are you even commenting? Halo Infinite could have been the most graphically impressive video of all time and people like you would still give "sour grapes" comments. You're a broken record.

#113 Posted by Pedro (34384 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:

People expected a meaningful jump between Xbox One S and X, a midgen refresh. Some called the X a generational leap when it was being previewed. The next system will do the same, only with much more efficient hardware. I expect significant improvements to visual quality along with improved performance.

People are stupid when it comes to hype. Ron was claiming Zen cpu and all that other bullshit for the X. :|

Next gen seems to be heavily focused on delivering consistent performance and reduced loading times. Both things I am very fond of and I look forward to this because it will also benefit PC gamers. A win for everyone.

#114 Posted by Pedro (34384 posts) -

@boxrekt:

When someone claims pre-render is in game with blind passion.
When someone claims pre-render is in game with blind passion.

#115 Posted by DrLostRib (4885 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@nusna_moebius said:
@Pedro said:

Unlike Halo Infinite, Cyberpunk was actually "developed" on next gen hardware FIRST as the base line then scaled down.

CD Projekt Red Hints 'Cyberpunk 2077' Will Be A Cross-Gen Release

Sony and Microsoft haven't kept CD Projekt Red in the loop about their plans for next-gen, or Kicisnki is trying to say as much as he can without outright confirming anything. Who knows. It is worth pointing out though that this isn't the first time the game has been teased for next-gen systems. During last year's financial call in March, it was mentionedthe game was being bult on next-gen technology, suggesting it was PS5 and Xbox Scarlett bound.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03/29/cyberpunk-2077-ps5-xbox-cross-gen-cd-projekt-red/

You keep posting and saying this like it's a fact, when such conclusions are just speculation

#116 Posted by Archangel3371 (27874 posts) -

Looking and sounding quite good to me. I’m pretty hyped for both this game and Microsoft’s new hardware. Going to be having an awesome time when these launch next year. 😁🎉

#117 Edited by Zero_epyon (13199 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

People are stupid when it comes to hype. Ron was claiming Zen cpu and all that other bullshit for the X. :|

Next gen seems to be heavily focused on delivering consistent performance and reduced loading times. Both things I am very fond of and I look forward to this because it will also benefit PC gamers. A win for everyone.

I wasn't talking about Ron specifically. I was talking about developers as well.

The CEO of Moon Studios (Ori) said this:

"Scorpio is a next-gen machine with the added benefit that all your old games will still be compatible,"

A Studio Wildcard (Ark) developer said this:

It’s amazing. It’s basically like Epic settings on PC, we’re targeting 60FPS. We recently introduced variable frame rate, but on Xbox One X with the extra horsepower, you’ll notice less variation in your frame rate even in busy situations.

That last one may have been a massive exaggeration but it was a hefty improvement over the S.

These are also quotes from after the full specs reveal. Yes, next gen is going to deliver performance, but I also expect a significant bump in visuals, not just running current gen quality at 4K.

#118 Posted by Pedro (34384 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:

I wasn't talking about Ron specifically. I was talking about developers as well.

"Scorpio is a next-gen machine with the added benefit that all your old games will still be compatible,"

It’s amazing. It’s basically like Epic settings on PC, we’re targeting 60FPS. We recently introduced variable frame rate, but on Xbox One X with the extra horsepower, you’ll notice less variation in your frame rate even in busy situations.

That last one may have been a massive exaggeration but it was a hefty improvement over the S.

These are also quotes from after the full specs reveal. Yes, next gen is going to deliver performance, but I also expect a significant bump in visuals, not just running current gen quality at 4K.

Developers are not exempted(obviously) and it is definitely not new with developers regardless of platform to hype a system beyond the platform's capabilities. People who fall for it are not critically thinking and this stupid can be found in any of three fanbase.

With regards to significant bump in visuals, I can say depending on what you qualify as significant, you maybe disappointed. We already have a Sony fanboy claiming CG as next gen in game graphics.

#119 Posted by dagubot (1297 posts) -

@Antwan3K said:
@xhawk27 said:
@Antwan3K said:

I'm pretty sure I read that they were running this on a PC..

Yeah PC specs that match Xbox Scarlett. I read a dev from 343i said this trailer is the opening part of Halo Infinite running in real time. Those fools showing Death Standing CGI images and not even gameplay because they know base PS4 pro will show downgrade. They think PS4 pro which gets smoked by X1X that it can match Scarlett. 😂

Yeah, I know.. Just saying I'll be more interested when DF is running analysis on actual Project Scarlet hardware instead of PC approximations..

Until hardcore cows claim Microsoft paid DF to hype Project Scarlet like some did with the Xbox One X...lol.

#120 Posted by Zero_epyon (13199 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Developers are not exempted(obviously) and it is definitely not new with developers regardless of platform to hype a system beyond the platform's capabilities. People who fall for it are not critically thinking and this stupid can be found in any of three fanbase.

With regards to significant bump in visuals, I can say depending on what you qualify as significant, you maybe disappointed. We already have a Sony fanboy claiming CG as next gen in game graphics.

Well Kojima and DF confirm that Death Stranding's trailer was in engine. So I don't know what that last comment is supposed to mean in relation to next gen expectations.

Look Halo is a ways off from release and it's possible that this scene was put together quickly to show off for E3. It's likely that it could improve come release after devs take advantage of the new hardware. I still expect a significant bump, and by that I mean you will be able to tell immediately that a game is being run on PS5 or Scarlet and not on Pro or X.

#121 Posted by Random_Matt (4115 posts) -

DF just did a W3 switch article, chop chop Zero.

#122 Posted by Zero_epyon (13199 posts) -
@Random_Matt said:

Ugh do I have to? We already know what that would be like lol.

#123 Posted by Pedro (34384 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:

Well Kojima and DF confirm that Death Stranding's trailer was in engine. So I don't know what that last comment is supposed to mean in relation to next gen expectations.

Look Halo is a ways off from release and it's possible that this scene was put together quickly to show off for E3. It's likely that it could improve come release after devs take advantage of the new hardware. I still expect a significant bump, and by that I mean you will be able to tell immediately that a game is being run on PS5 or Scarlet and not on Pro or X.

Well I wasn't referring to Death Stranding but a rabid fanboy posting screens and vids of Cyberpunk CG cinematic as next gen graphics.

There is nothing wrong with Halo's graphics. Its has a high level of fidelity and looks closer to its original concept than the later games. Games next gen would simply be more refined version of this gen and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Over time, the software will refine for the hardware like everything else but there isn't going to be this "significant jump" that some are expecting. I feel as though most forget what current games look like.

#124 Posted by phbz (4407 posts) -

I always find trailer analysis completely pointless.

#125 Posted by Pedro (34384 posts) -

@phbz said:

I always find trailer analysis completely pointless.

They are akin to reaction videos.

#126 Posted by Random_Matt (4115 posts) -
@Zero_epyon said:
@Random_Matt said:

Ugh do I have to? We already know what that would be like lol.

It's worse than I thought, although probably can wait until they have something else. It is only the small bit from E3, so no game play as of yet. But I did laugh and wondered how it is even being considered for release.

#127 Posted by Dragerdeifrit (613 posts) -

It's doesn't seem that all impressive to be honest, the "clean" bland artstyle doesn't help either, enviorements need way more detail other than neon lights and metal plates, its not the lack of graphic fidelity but the lack of artistic vision.

#128 Posted by phbz (4407 posts) -

@Pedro: Let's make a channel dedicated to analysing reaction videos. Easy money!

#129 Edited by Zero_epyon (13199 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Well I wasn't referring to Death Stranding but a rabid fanboy posting screens and vids of Cyberpunk CG cinematic as next gen graphics.

There is nothing wrong with Halo's graphics. Its has a high level of fidelity and looks closer to its original concept than the later games. Games next gen would simply be more refined version of this gen and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Over time, the software will refine for the hardware like everything else but there isn't going to be this "significant jump" that some are expecting. I feel as though most forget what current games look like.

Oh I don't know about Cyberpunk.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Halo either. But I also don't think it's indicative of what to expect from next gen systems. It's like looking at Call of Duty and expecting a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 to look similar.

#130 Posted by pdogg93 (1563 posts) -

@xhawk27: halo 5 sucked so bad. Halo infinite looks like more of the same.

Are you angry that an ms game with a supposed budget of $500 milly can be played for $1/month gamepass sub on my laptop?

#131 Edited by PernicioEnigma (6067 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@PernicioEnigma said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Looked underwhelming to be honest.

Death Stranding and Cyberpunk 2077 look significantly better and they are current gen one world games so you can't even damage control by saying they are closed games. TLOU2 will eat it for breakfast graphically, I don't even wanna imagine what GOW2 and HZD2 will do it either.

No they don't, are you blind? "Significantly better"? Wow... The Halo Infinite trailer looked more visually impressive than any current gen game (assuming that the visuals in the trailer are representative of gameplay). We hardly even saw any new Cyberpunk gameplay this e3, but what we have seen hasn't been that amazing.

Nah, CP2077 gameplay from last year looks waaaaay better. Go clean out your eye balls and take off those lem goggles....

Loading Video...

There was nothing remotely next gen about what we saw from Halo Infinite. I know you clowns are used to mediocre looking games like Crackdown 3 but for the rest of us that actually play stellar looking curent gen those graphics were underwhelming.

I'm not seeing it. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Edit: As for being a "lem" - I haven't owned an Xbox, or any console, since around 2009, so 10 years. I think that alone disqualifies me from being a lem...

#132 Edited by Pedro (34384 posts) -

@PernicioEnigma: Forgive him. He suffers from PTSD due to the tongue lashing he and others received last gen and they haven't recovered.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
#133 Posted by stereointegrity (12148 posts) -

we cant judge the halo infinite. it was running on a pc and probably nothing close to what the nextbox will have in terms of specs.

lets wait for a final devkit build before we judge this

#134 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6067 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

we cant judge the halo infinite. it was running on a pc and probably nothing close to what the nextbox will have in terms of specs.

lets wait for a final devkit build before we judge this

I doubt they would show it if it didn't at least resemble what the final product would look like. The final release of games often end up looking worse than the e3 material anyway, because the devs pour a huge amount of effort into a small piece of the game to show off at e3, and often they find it's not possible to bring the rest of that game up to that level of polish and fidelity.

#135 Edited by xhawk27 (11271 posts) -

@pdogg93 said:

@xhawk27: halo 5 sucked so bad. Halo infinite looks like more of the same.

Are you angry that an ms game with a supposed budget of $500 milly can be played for $1/month gamepass sub on my laptop?

First you haven't even see any of the gameplay of Halo Infinite and you are already Salty, Second I do not care. All I know is that Halo Infinite will be Epic. 😎

#136 Posted by pdogg93 (1563 posts) -

@xhawk27: “First you haven't even see any of the gameplay of Halo Infinite and you are already Salty, Second I do not care. All I know is that Halo Infinite will be Epic. 😎”

Aka close your eyes and ears and stomp your feet lol. Let me ask you this, was halo 5 epic?

#137 Edited by xhawk27 (11271 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@shurns said:

Current generation

"Next generation"

😂😂🤣

Damn 😂🤣😂

If you think that DS will be running in 4k on the Pro? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Must be your eyes because I don't think the image above looks better than the one below. Must be Cow fanboy goggles. 😂

#138 Edited by BoxRekt (1190 posts) -
@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

So, because Halo Infinite has graphics like average current gen AAAs, Cyberpunk 2077 is now CGI??? Ok

😂😂😂The lemmings damage control continues to entertian.

#139 Posted by Raining51 (1011 posts) -

• Objects may contain higher polygon counts due to either an increase in hardware performance or smarter techniques that render only visible polygons.
  • Dynamic objects in the scene some of which react to Chief's drop to the floor.
  • DOF in the scene with possible film grain
  • Could be using TAA

All thews e these things are super important.

#140 Posted by Antwan3K (4397 posts) -

@pdogg93: was Halo 5 epic?.. In terms of someone who actually read all the extended universe story, the game was indeed epic..

The actual gameplay was never said to be bad.. The core gameplay was actually praised and the multiplayer was said to be the best in the series thus far.. The only real complaint was that the story was bit confusing for those that didn't follow the extended universe stuff, plus there wasn't enough Master Chief for the more casual fans to gravitate too.. And as I said, that wasnt a problem for me..

The real question is: did you play Halo 5?.. I have 100% achievements in that game.. What's your Xbox Live gamer tag so we can see how much time you've spent with game while spouting all this hyperbole..

#141 Posted by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

Looked underwhelming even for current gen games.

#142 Posted by sleepnsurf (3179 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@xhawk27 said:
@subspecies said:

It honestly looks like something from this gen.

So does TLOU2, Death Standing, etc. Do you think HDZ 2 will look different than this gen?

lol because those games ARE current gen you AAA starved xbot muppet.

For us PS4 owners those graphics aren't anything special. We're not saying it's ugly, we're saying it no better look current gen.

It's not our fault if you lemmings don't know what a current gen AAA game looks like

And yes HZD2 will look different. Wow what damage control you lems are coming with now that what we told you about "forward compatibility"and developing around weak systems was going to come back an bite you in the ass.

Don't bring Sony games into this argument to damage control MS one-size-fit's-all development philosophy that you brainless xbox fanboys have been defending for so long now.

You must be fun at parties.

#143 Edited by Calvincfb (1186 posts) -

FFVII Remake is prettier than this on a PS4.

#144 Posted by Calvincfb (1186 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@boxrekt said:
@xhawk27 said:

@boxrekt: Are you really comparing Real time footage versus CGI. lol

TCHBO!

@boxrekt said:

Death Stranding Trailer Was Running On A PS4 Pro In 4K

We were recently treated to a bizarre, outlandish and incredible trailer for Kojima Productions’ upcoming game, Death Stranding. We don’t quite know what it was, but we do know that we liked what we saw.

At yesterday’s PSX event, Hideo Kojima took the opportunity to talk about the game and the trailer in greater detail, and he revealed some interesting details. The entire trailer, Kojima confirmed, was running in real-time on a PS4 Pro, and it was being rendered in 4K resolution.

https://gamingbolt.com/death-stranding-trailer-was-running-on-a-ps4-pro-in-4k

@xhawk27: you still there bud? You gone be ok?

Y'all bunch of Fools! You think PS4 Pro that can't even match the X, can beat the Scarlett. Get out of here with those BS Death Standing pics because the real game won't look like that. Sony can sure fool you guys! 😂😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣 The same way they fooled us by releasing 2018 GOTY GOW and GOTY nominee Spiderman while you clowns were waiting to find the Kraken’s body in Sea of Trash and damage controlling Crackhead 3? 😂 Where are Xbone’s GOTY titles Phil?

lol you and boxrekt destroyed him.

#145 Posted by Calvincfb (1186 posts) -

@zaryia said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Damn, imagine missing out on GOTY caliber titles because you're too much of a port begging fanboy to buy a used PS4.

Damn, imagine hyping GFX all gen but playing the ugly version of most video games and never getting to experience the GFX KINGS which are all on PC.

Damn, imagine missing out on 120+ goty caliber and/or high scoring games because you wanted to play 2 or 3 movie games designed specifically for non-gamers.

Damn, imagine playing the significantly worst version of a 90% of games this gen because you're too much of a Beta testing Beta male.

Damn, imagine not having any competitive online games to play because you're too much of a non-gamer casual and stick with the joke that is PSN.

No God of War or Mario Odyssey makes PC last place, sorry beggar.

#146 Edited by Zaryia (8464 posts) -
@calvincfb said:

No God of War or Mario Odyssey makes PC last place, sorry beggar.

That is literally not how it works. PC is far ahead of any other system for Gen8 with over 120 more AAA and AA scoring video games. Potentially the largest SW win since this forum opened. Best library is best library, first place is first place. Facts matter. Better luck next gen. BTW, Mario Odyssey is best on PC.