DF: Forza Motorsport 7 Demo: Xbox One vs Xbox One X vs PC Comparison!

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@lukeasaurusrex said:

Wow this is awesome! Xbox One X is equivalent to ultra high end PC settings! Native 4K/60fps baby!! Where dem cows at!?

Hiding in their car beds in mom's basement.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

and Pcars 2 still looks better.

I hope you're not being serious.

lol Project Cars 1 looks better.

Looks better than what? 2 or Forza 7?

Project Cars 1 looks better than Forza 7...

Forza looks nice an all, but it's not as good as Project Cars on Ultra.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@sleepnsurf said:
@lukeasaurusrex said:

Wow this is awesome! Xbox One X is equivalent to ultra high end PC settings! Native 4K/60fps baby!! Where dem cows at!?

Hiding in their car beds in mom's basement.

So were supporting Alt now are we? Even by fanboy Alts to say the least?

Sad.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#105 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I'm quite impressed they nailed the 60fps at 4K. Game looks great.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Zero_epyon

@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:

I really don't agree with that, even for 2. At Ultra and 4K there's pixel crawl all over the place, glitchy low resolution and low refresh rate shadows, very obvious pop-in, twitchy environmental assets that remind me of affine texture mapping, the weather system is far less advanced not only in function but appearance, reflections appear to be less mature.

It's a great effort by a smaller studio, but their budgetary and their technical development abilities are simply not on par, and it shows.

You're talking about on consoles or on PC? Because I have PC 1 on PC and the weather is pretty slick vs Forza 7. The road gets wet in realistic locations, puddles form, and looks way better. Clouds are even more impressive than the clouds in Forza 7 where if you actually look at them, they kind of do these weird shape shifting in between patterns. I'm going to get PC2 soon, but from what I've seen in videos, none of what you listed shows up. Also, how does snow look and feel on Forza 7? Oh yeah...

But if you want a spectacular showing of weather, take a look at Driveclub. It beats all of them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#107 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

4k gaming at 60FPS for $500. Madness.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DaVillain  Moderator

@04dcarraher said:

@davillain-:

Use DSR to test 4k

Just tested it and I was surprise on how it fairs in 4K with my 1070!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Zero_epyon

@davillain- said:
@04dcarraher said:

@davillain-:

Use DSR to test 4k

Just tested it and I was surprise on how it fairs in 4K with my 1070!

Lets hope they uncap the framerate for the demo.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50: An image from a gtx 1080 box in front of your tablet is supposed to prove what exactly?

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@demi0227_basic: You misspelled McLaren, it's not spelled Porsche.

lol at Mclarens getting lots of miles without issues...I see you are a fanboy, not a car guy.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 demi0227_basic

@EG101 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@EG101 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@demi0227_basic said:

If you want a performance car irl that you can drive (doesn't break down all the time) you get a Porsche, Mercedes, or a Chevy. Porsche is da bomb in the car world. They set the standard everybody else wants to be at.

A Porsche is just a VW.

And lol a Chevy. Don't compare that trash with Bens ever again.

No Porsche is NOT just a VW. Just because VW took over Porshe when Porshe couldn't make payments from the VW buy out doesn't mean they are one in the same.

Also Chevy and Ford makes some of the best Bang Per buck Sports cars Unlike High priced Mercedes Benzes.

Yeah, there is a difference between us, cause its the other way around here.

Bens are cheaper compared to Ford, Chevy and Dodge in Europe. Excluding the Focus and and the Daewoos Chevys we have here.

And Porsche is kind of the stuck in a model loop, so they get shit for it.

Tariffs must be ridiculous for a Chevy or Ford to cost more than a Mercedes in Europe. The Benzes they sell in the U.S. are mostly Luxury cars although there are a few compact Benzes that are affordable to the middle class.

My original point was just for supercars, rather than regular production models. Like the SLS, GT, GTR, etc...Include Corvette ZO6/Camero ZL1, and you have dirt cheap supercars with bulletproof engines.

Either way...Porsche is still the benchmark. The 911 is what all other sports cars wish they could be, and you can drive it to work and back all day, everyday.

Mclaren, Lambo, Ferrari, etc, break down like crazy and are expensive fixes. They are really nice, but Porsche builds to a different standard (even 918 is a drivable car, meant to put miles on it). These other exotics put more stock in rarity and flash...Porsches are driveable through and through.

Don't take my word for it...take owner's/enthusiasts word for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#113 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

The only 60 FPS AAA game, impressive.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Zero_epyon

Just took a look at this page and found some useful information about Forza's performance on PC that's relevant to my build.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst103571findunread_Forza-Motorsport-7-Demo-FAQ-and-Known-Issues.aspx

Players who are running MSI Afterburner and/or RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistics Server) may experience crashes and poor performance when trying to play the demo. While we investigate this, we suggest fully closing MSI Afterburner and RTSS while you play the demo.

Machines with integrated Intel GPUs may experience initial load times as high as 8 minutes. Please allow the game to load and don’t close the demo. Loading the same track and car again will be significantly quicker. A future update will improve initial load times.

Machines with integrated Intel GPUs may experience poor performance and/or instability. Players may also experience their game locking up due to overheating. We recommend keeping your device in a well-ventilated area, turning down the screen brightness and checking for driver updates from your device manufactures.

This explains a lot, except the overheating part. I was able to get way better performance from Apex.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@appariti0n: that owning a video card and a decent pc is not hard?

Did you forget quackknight did the same thing a few weeks ago while calling me a "dumbass" in the process?

Dat hypocrisy by cows

Glad my latest purchase got your panties in a twist though

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50: Yeah sure did.

Congrats on the color printer.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Zero_epyon

@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I really don't agree with that, even for 2. At Ultra and 4K there's pixel crawl all over the place, glitchy low resolution and low refresh rate shadows, very obvious pop-in, twitchy environmental assets that remind me of affine texture mapping, the weather system is far less advanced not only in function but appearance, reflections appear to be less mature.

It's a great effort by a smaller studio, but their budgetary and their technical development abilities are simply not on par, and it shows.

You're talking about on consoles or on PC? Because I have PC 1 on PC and the weather is pretty slick vs Forza 7. The road gets wet in realistic locations, puddles form, and looks way better. Clouds are even more impressive than the clouds in Forza 7 where if you actually look at them, they kind of do these weird shape shifting in between patterns. I'm going to get PC2 soon, but from what I've seen in videos, none of what you listed shows up. Also, how does snow look and feel on Forza 7? Oh yeah...

But if you want a spectacular showing of weather, take a look at Driveclub. It beats all of them.

Ultra PC at 4K, this video starkly show off several things I was talking about.

Also the snow physics are laughable, the cars handle better than on wet tracks.

This car would have gone into the wall hundreds of times, they didn't do any physically based research for snow conditions, it's a joke.

I don't see the issues you're talking about in the first video. Can you timestamp them? Also, we're talking about graphics, not simulation. Because if we were, I'd say PC1 destroys Forza in this and PC2 is supposed to be even better than PC1.

Also:

Loading Video...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Zero_epyon

@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:

This car would have gone into the wall hundreds of times, they didn't do any physically based research for snow conditions, it's a joke.

I don't see the issues you're talking about in the first video. Can you timestamp them? Also, we're talking about graphics, not simulation. Because if we were, I'd say PC1 destroys Forza in this and PC2 is supposed to be even better than PC1.

Literally when the video starts and you see the cars on the track there's low res shadows that update at what appears to be 15 FPS, pixel crawl on almost every piece of geometry and the assets are glitching and flickering. Look at the stands and the ferris wheel at the beginning and as he's driving or right when the cars are lined up look at the barrier on the right and that abysmal shadow production and aliasing stair stepping all over the place.

You don't even have to start the video to see the shadow and aliasing issues, it's front and center in the preview.

Who cares about Driveclub, it's a 30 FPS circuit racer and blows.

Because DriveClub has the absolute best rain simulation in a racer to date. Woo cares that it's 30FPS? Also, lol appears to update at 15fps...

That's the sun moving across the sky. Time is probably moving at 60X. I've seen better shadows in my own gameplay of PC1. This person probably turned their shadows down but claims it's ultra. Beware of vids that claim performance but don't show you their graphics settings in the menu.

And that video you edited in, it's the Xbox One version of PC2 lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Zero_epyon

@brandshatch also before calling PC2's snow and ice physics a joke, take a look a this:

Loading Video...

That video you put up is just a dusting on the track compared to this.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#122 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

Master race who?

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Literally when the video starts and you see the cars on the track there's low res shadows that update at what appears to be 15 FPS, pixel crawl on almost every piece of geometry and the assets are glitching and flickering. Look at the stands and the ferris wheel at the beginning and as he's driving or right when the cars are lined up look at the barrier on the right and that abysmal shadow production and aliasing stair stepping all over the place.

You don't even have to start the video to see the shadow and aliasing issues, it's front and center in the preview.

Because DriveClub has the absolute best rain simulation in a racer to date. Woo cares that it's 30FPS? Also, lol appears to update at 15fps...

That's the sun moving across the sky. Time is probably moving at 60X. I've seen better shadows in my own gameplay of PC1. This person probably turned their shadows down but claims it's ultra. Beware of vids that claim performance but don't show you their graphics settings in the menu.

Dude you are a Troll.

You never dissect other games like you are here.

Why didn't you show us all how bad Drive Club looks in game play with out the weather effects??

Drive Club looks ordinary without the weather but you never tried shining a light on that.

All you Devote your time to is trolling Xbox.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@demi0227_basic:

I don't know if you were directing that response at me but there is NO doubt in my mind that Porsche makes some of the Best and most reliable Sports Cars in the world.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 demi0227_basic

@EG101 said:

@demi0227_basic:

I don't know if you were directing that response at me but there is NO doubt in my mind that Porsche makes some of the Best and most reliable Sports Cars in the world.

You are well informed then. It was directed at anybody that's unaware that Porsche sets the bar for balance (in all aspects of performance and drivability) and durability, in terms of it's high end sports cars.

Personally...I'd want a GT3.

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

This is how Driveclub looks in gameplay

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Zero_epyon

@EG101 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:

Dude you are a Troll.

You never dissect other games like you are here.

Why didn't you show us all how bad Drive Club looks in game play with out the weather effects??

Drive Club looks ordinary without the weather but you never tried shining a light on that.

All you Devote your time to is trolling Xbox.

Did I say Driveclub had the best graphics ever or that it was better than PC or Forza? I specifically brought up Driveclub's weather effects because that's what we were talking about. Weather effects. I'm well aware of Driveclub's lack luster graphics on dry tracks. But their weather effects are top of the line. We can at least agree to that.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Zero_epyon

Ok everyone settle down. Let's not turn this into a driveclub thread. We all know driveclub only looks its best when its raining and that its weather effects are unrivaled. But that's all.

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Thats true, especially the rain on the windscreen with the physics is untouchable.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Zero_epyon

Makes a thread that's all positive for Xbox one x, still gets called a troll.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DaVillain  Moderator

^Just goes to show you PC gamers cannot have a simple good old discussion on a PC version that is Forza 7 Demo and someone has to bring up Driveclub!

Damn shame :(

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Zero_epyon

@davillain- said:

^Just goes to show you PC gamers cannot have a simple good old discussion on a PC version that is Forza 7 Demo and someone has to bring up Driveclub!

Damn shame :(

To be fair, I brought it up, but just that one aspect of it lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@brandshatch said:
@quadknight said:

So much for the lie that XboneX equals a GTX 1070 because of Forza 7. Turns out Forza 7 is not a demanding game at all and even a GTX 1060 maxes it out at 60fps . Wrongvalencia totally rekt.

“Bu..bu...but Ark dev said!!1” ?

That's not true, the 1060 can't maintain 60 FPS in all instances.

DF's recent video on Forza M7 compared PC's max settings against Xbox One X's version.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@brandshatch said:

Pcars 2 supports 12k resolution and VR, the comparison graphics speak for themselves and I might as well stop there. You gave it the ol fanboy effort though, thanks for trying but Pcars 2 still looks better.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Saw Forza 7 running on X hardware. It looks a generation ahead. Wish I liked racing games.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Zero_epyon

Someone help me out please! For fun, I decided to see what the game would perform like if I dropped the frame rate cap to 30 fps on the demo. What I found was that:

• Holy crap this game looks terrible at 30fps. Do not try this if you can avoid it!
  • There's frame pacing issues
  • Most importantly, I get TWO fully utilized cores instead of ONE!

So if you bump the framerate to 60fps, you only get one core, but drop it down to 30fps and you get two. Somebody help me understand what's going on if you can!

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Funny thing about Driveclub was that by the time the weather system was finally released months later after the game was, no one really cared cause the game itself wasn't that good of a racer. GT 6 and Forza still owned it back then. They nailed the rain effect on glass but that was the only thing they nailed. When I had it, the rain on the car was too white when in outside view, making it look like the white specks you see when your video card gets too hot but I'm sure they fixed it since then.

pawel86ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By pawel86ck
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts
Loading Video...

Stock GTX 1060 - 4K 35-50 fps with ultra details + MSAAx8, high details + MSAAx4 45-70 fps. That card is simply not enough for locked 60fps at 4K in this game, 1440p maybe, but not 4K.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Ron, is that you?

pawel86ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 pawel86ck

@goldenelementxl said:

Ron, is that you?

what Ron?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Pedro

@pawel86ck said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Ron, is that you?

what Ron?

You. Now post those charts.

pawel86ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By pawel86ck

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I'm guessing you are GTX 1060 owners. Xbox X console is faster than GTX 1060, for me that's a fact. That guy on YT even admitted, his 1060 is to weak for that game at 4K.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Pedro

@pawel86ck said:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I'm guessing you are GTX 1060 owners. It's very funny when cheap console is faster than GTX 1060. That guy on YT even admitted, his 1060 is to weak for that game at 4K.

Sure you have no idea. "I don't know who Ron is but I know that I am Ron Pawel86ck"

pawel86ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By pawel86ck

@Pedro: I can show you how forza 7 runs on my 1080ti if you want, then you will see what it takes to run this game at 4K + MSAAx8. I hate console fanboys, but GTX 1060 is simply not fast enough for that game, simple as that. That guy with GTX 1060 has just 35-50 fps, and even with high settings he still have 45 fps dips.

BTW- now I see what "Ron" you guys are talking about, I have just read first page. But what about him? His video example was also good, msaax2 and still dips below 60 fps.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Pedro

@pawel86ck said:

@Pedro: I can show you how forza 7 runs on my 1080ti if you want, then you will see what it takes to run this game at 4K + MSAAx8. I hate console fanboys, but GTX 1060 is simply not fast enough for that game, simple as that.

Ron, your sentence structure and the mannerisms are so strong that you don't even know how to hide it.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@pawel86ck said:
Loading Video...

Stock GTX 1060 - 4K 35-50 fps with ultra details + MSAAx8, high details + MSAAx4 45-70 fps. That card is simply not enough for locked 60fps at 4K in this game, 1440p maybe, but not 4K.

High < Ultra

45 FPs < 60 FPS

GTX 1060 < X1X

thanks for that friend

pawel86ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 pawel86ck

@Pedro: If I'm Ron, than maybe you are Kim Kardashiam. Hell, even if I would be Ron himself (although I'm obviously not) that video that I have linked shows what it shows, and no one can deny it. I can assure you, my 1080ti can run this game at 4K ultra + MSAAx8, but GTX 1060 owners would have to run that game at 1440p, to get anywhere near locked 60fps.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 DaVillain  Moderator

@pawel86ck said:

@Pedro: If I'm Ron, than maybe you are Kim Kardashiam.Hell, even if I would be Ron himself (although I'm obviously not) that video that I have linked shows what it shows, and no one can deny it. I can assure you, my 1080ti can run this game at 4K ultra + MSAAx8, but GTX 1060 owners would have to run that game at 1440p, to get anywhere near locked 60fps.

Yeah? You sure could've fooled me.