DF: Fortnite Xbox One X Delivers a Big Visual Upgrade... But What About Performance?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20094 Posts
  • Pro: 1080p close to PC Epic settings X: 1728p full PC Epic settings
  • Texture filtering is upgraded on X
  • Post Processing, shadows and lighting is superb on X, matching PC's epic settings
  • Shadow casting lights are also increased on X over the Pro
  • X has a better DOF and Motion Blur implementation
  • Some textures are of higher quality on X
  • Reflections are also improved on X but not always obvious
  • Pro operates at a mostly 30fps on both PvE and PvP
  • X on PvE can drop to 20 fps when encounters become larger
  • Gameplay is impacted by drops and stutters when gameplay heats up
  • May need an additional patch to iron out the frame rate drops on X
  • X performs at a locked 30fps on PvP
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

Summary: X is the much better version, but has a few frame drops that will be improved with a patch :)

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Summary: X is the much better version, but has a few frame drops that will be improved with a patch :)

Some how I think cow_epyon is going to turn this into a negative....oh wait

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kingtito said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Some how I think cow_epyon is going to turn this into a negative....oh wait

I didn't do anything. Be mad at DF.

I mean would you rather me try to spin frame rate drops into the 20's into a positive? How would I even do that?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

So not native 4K.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 292

#6 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2915 Posts

Fun game.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Lol I play this game on pc, ps4, and Xbox one x depending on who I'm playing with.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

"Renders out at 1728P...drops as low as 20 frames per second..."

This is less than native 4k right? Xbox fans said Xbox one X was equivalent to a 1070?

Anyone have the stats for what the 1070 put out in 4k at the same setting?

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Lol, Fortnight.....who cares

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

"in gameplay terms PS4 pro delivers the better experience"

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lexxluger

@drlostrib said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

"in gameplay terms PS4 pro delivers the better experience"

For a game with this graphic style, it seems pretty demanding on all systems.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zero_epyon

@lexxluger said:

This is less than native 4k right? Xbox fans said Xbox one X was equivalent to a 1070?

Loading Video...

Not the 1070, but you'll get the picture.

A 1060 does 4K Epic settings and minimum drops to 32fps.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

This game is still “early access” so things can and will get better by release. But since the Xbox One X is the most powerful console, it has a higher chance on getting more enchancements than the Pro. I’m pretty sure DF will update their findings when that happens.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zero_epyon

@gago-gago said:

This game is still “early access” so things can and will get better by release. But since the Xbox One X is the most powerful console, it has a higher chance on getting more enchancements than the Pro. I’m pretty sure DF will update their findings when that happens.

True. I expect them to focus more on the performance first though. I remember playing this on Pro a while ago and the performance was all over the place. Now it's super smooth. And after that, they started adding visual enhancements.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lexxluger

@Zero_epyon said:
@lexxluger said:

Loading Video...

Not the 1070, but you'll get the picture.

A 1060 does 4K Epic settings and minimum drops to 32fps.

Minimum 32fps at 4k on 1060?

Ouch!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

^ ^ ? Doesn’t even hit 4K and drops to the 20s. Wasn’t this one of the games lems were using to say the X1X was equivalent to a 1070. It can’t even perform on the same level as a 1060.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Good to hear, played the game a lot on release and loved it, been meaning to get back into it at some point but there is just too much on my plate. It's good of them to come out with something soon after the X launch and for the holidays, hopefully gets ironed out further as the game gets into full release mode and as more time is spent optimising on the X.

Some devs are taking longer for their support, for instance Forza Horizon 3 is getting X-Enhanced mid -January, I have to assume that it is the time they need to get it right for the flagship racer of the XOne, or they simply could be busy with other stuff and couldn't deliver it on time... maybe they just want us to focus on FM7 for now.... who really knows but I'm having a great time diving back into these games and checking out all the various improvements.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Man I just love my X just like my Switch and Pro. Such a great time to be a gamer!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

@lexxluger: Which Xbox fans, outside of maybe Ron, said that the Xbox One X was going to do 1070 performance in every game?..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Antwan3K

@Alucard_Prime: Man, you're right some of these updates are taking quite a while to release.. I'm still checking everyday for that Witcher III patch.. I've been holding off on going all in on that game until the enhancements... Can't wait for that one :)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 QuadKnight

@Antwan3K: Clowns like kuu2 were expecting 4K/60fps performance in most games which even exceeds what the 1070 or 1080Ti can do.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

TLHBO

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Antwan3K

@quadknight: Ok, if true, that's two.. Anyone else?. because saying "Xbox fans", implying a significant number of them and/or the majority of them, instead of simply saying Ron and Kuu2 are vastly different things..

That's like if i was constantly saying "all these cows were hyping PSVR as the next big thing in gaming" when in reality it may have only been one or two people.. It's a misleading narrative, plain and simple..

As far as i can tell, most Xbox fans are simply glad that the Xbox One X is the most powerful Xbox console on the market and is winning matchups in comparison to the PS4 Pro.. It looks like its cows and/or hermits, not lemmings, that run into every Xbox One X related thread talking about 1070s..

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By QuadKnight

@Antwan3K: There’s a lot more bro, I just can’t be bothered to go through SW history to find all of them. Even on other sites too there were a lot of fanboys comparing X1X to a GTX 1070/1080. It doesn’t bother me that X1X is the most powerful console around, it was inevitable. It costs a $100 more and is releasing a year after the Pro, only an idiot would expect a Pro to still hold a technical advantage. I just find it silly that some lems felt the need to compare it to high-end PCs.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01

@drlostrib: Until the X version is inevitably patched.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xabiss

@quadknight said:

@Antwan3K: There’s a lot more bro, I just can’t be bothered to go through SW history to find all of them. Even on other sites too there were a lot of fanboys comparing X1X to a GTX 1070/1080. It doesn’t bother me that X1X is the most powerful console around, it was inevitable. It costs a $100 more and is releasing a year after the Pro, only an idiot would expect a Pro to still hold a technical advantage. I just find it silly that some lems felt the need to compare it to high-end PCs.

I go to a lot of forums and I still don't see a lot of people that compare the X to the power of a high end computer. Not saying there are not a few weirdos. Look at the guy on this forum who said a Chromebook could run PUBG at 60FPS. There are always those crazy ass folks on any forum.

Hell anyone with some common sense knows the X could not compare against high end computers. I don't believe we will ever see the times where consoles are more powerful or equal to PCs ever again. I kind of miss the days when consoles where not x86 and all ran custom hardware. It was always fun learning about all of the chips inside.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Antwan3K: yeah im thrilled with my xbox, so glad I got it.

If that rusles some jimmies, so be it.

I only recall ron and DF talking about the 1070, but cows use this argument daily with all "lems"

I guess its the ammo they got now, but its such a silly argument because its still comparing a console to a PC

They can continue to use the more exclusves narrative, its currently a fact, but for some reason cows bring up the PC more than hermits themselves

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55817 Posts

@Xabiss said:

I go to a lot of forums and I still don't see a lot of people that compare the X to the power of a high end computer. Not saying there are not a few weirdos. Look at the guy on this forum who said a Chromebook could run PUBG at 60FPS. There are always those crazy ass folks on any forum.

Hell anyone with some common sense knows the X could not compare against high end computers. I don't believe we will ever see the times where consoles are more powerful or equal to PCs ever again. I kind of miss the days when consoles where not x86 and all ran custom hardware. It was always fun learning about all of the chips inside.

I hardly pay attention to Xbox fanboys saying X is comparable to GTX 1070 but Ron was the only guy posting charts and a lot of BS that didn't make any sense. Kuu2 comes in seconds but he wasn't as bad as Ron so he's hardly any better and SecretPolice never mentions X a 1070 level and so with that, Ron was the main problem!

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lexxluger

@Xabiss said:

Hell anyone with some common sense knows the X could not compare against high end computers....

Not saying that it needed to be as powerful as high end PC but the X was hyped for playing games native 4k by the bulk of xbox fans until the system released and started falling short of that mark.

That's pretty easy to prove with the meme created by xbox fans against PS fans on the Pro calling it the "faux k" machine because it couldn't hit a native 4k on all games like the Xbox one X was apparently supposed to do.

It was definatly more than a few xbox fans on that train before the system launched and reality set in...Ron just kept the dream alive longer than anyone else.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55817 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

@Antwan3K: yeah im thrilled with my xbox, so glad I got it.

If that rusles some jimmies, so be it.

I only recall ron and DF talking about the 1070, but cows use this argument daily with all "lems"

I guess its the ammo they got now, but its such a silly argument because its still comparing a console to a PC

They can continue to use the more exclusves narrative, its currently a fact, but for some reason cows bring up the PC more than hermits themselves

That's because PC gamers already know X1X isn't aiming for us PC gamers, this is for console gamers only. The only time you may see PC gamers getting involve is to come and correct misinformation when it comes to PC vs X1X specs, that's it.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Antwan3K: yeah I'm waiting for the patch before I go through the W3 DLC, but busy with Fallout 4 now for my RPG fix so it's all good. Today we got For Honor and Destiny 2 patched, so as long as they keep rolling out that stuff at a steady pace I'm good. Hopefully we get to see DOOM soon, been itching for a 2nd play through for a while now.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Do people even play Fortnite? Seems like a PUBG wanabee.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@needhealing: i know a ton of people who are obsessed with it

Doesnt even look that appealing tbh

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@needhealing said:

The original game is like a survival-horde mode, but I believe they announced over 20 million users not too long ago

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zero_epyon

@drlostrib said:
@needhealing said:

The original game is like a survival-horde mode, but I believe they announced over 20 million users not too long ago

Yeah I play the PvP quite often with my PS4 buddies. It's a fun game.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zero_epyon

@Antwan3K said:

@quadknight: Ok, if true, that's two.. Anyone else?. because saying "Xbox fans", implying a significant number of them and/or the majority of them, instead of simply saying Ron and Kuu2 are vastly different things..

That's like if i was constantly saying "all these cows were hyping PSVR as the next big thing in gaming" when in reality it may have only been one or two people.. It's a misleading narrative, plain and simple..

As far as i can tell, most Xbox fans are simply glad that the Xbox One X is the most powerful Xbox console on the market and is winning matchups in comparison to the PS4 Pro.. It looks like its cows and/or hermits, not lemmings, that run into every Xbox One X related thread talking about 1070s..

It actually used to be ron running into these threads with 1070 charts. Ron's been missing after more recent videos of certain titles he swore by fell short of his expectations. Let's not play dumb here. You know cows are talking about ron when they bring up the 1070.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lexxluger

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Looking at this makes me rethink Sea of Thieves prospects, because I mean if THIS can have such a following...well Sea of Thieves certainly doesn't look any worse than this lol.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

In this case wonder why devs didn't just opt for 1080p for resolution like pro...with full PC epic detail settings..may have better framerate...not sure why opt for the weird 1728p resolution. :P Nevermind early access :P

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hrt_rulz01

@lexxluger said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Looking at this makes me rethink Sea of Thieves prospects, because I mean if THIS can have such a following...well Sea of Thieves certainly doesn't look any worse than this lol.

In all honesty, I don't care about either PUBG or Sea of Thieves... I'm not a MP guy :)

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xabiss

@davillain- said:
@Xabiss said:

I hardly pay attention to Xbox fanboys saying X is comparable to GTX 1070 but Ron was the only guy posting charts and a lot of BS that didn't make any sense. Kuu2 comes in seconds but he wasn't as bad as Ron so he's hardly any better and SecretPolice never mentions X a 1070 level and so with that, Ron was the main problem!

I believe Ron did it so damn much it is just assumed all Lemmings did it. Hell with the amount of charts and BS that guy would lay in a thread it felt like all lemmings did it. ROFLMAO!

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@davillain- said:
@Xabiss said:

I believe Ron did it so damn much it is just assumed all Lemmings did it. Hell with the amount of charts and BS that guy would lay in a thread it felt like all lemmings did it. ROFLMAO!

The point is TCHBO a lot lately and they're up in arms about it. They can't deal with the beast.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

4K without compromising. Where's the class action?

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

4K without compromising. Where's the class action?

I wanna pay $500 for uncompromised 4k @60 Ultra w HDR and 10 year life span or i'm calling my mommy, waaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Antwan3K

@Zero_epyon: If cows are only talking about Ron, they should just address him and only him instead of making generalizations like "lems" and "Xbox fans".. Let's not play dumb here, we both know the later implies there were loads of people making that claim, not just one or two....

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12053 Posts

“Not final.”

“Pro had frame rate issues as well before the new patch.”

“The X version will probably be fixed in the final code.”

Another misleading post by the intellectually dishonest TC.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zero_epyon

@kuu2: I mentioned that it was in need of work, PS4 pro had frame pacing issues, not frame rate drops, irrelevant anyway since it's fixed, again mentioned that a new patch is needed. Do you even read bro?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zero_epyon

@Antwan3K: whatever you say. You always seem to be so offended. Are you a lem?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

No it's not... listen to what they say again...... higher sample rate due to resolution increase but filtering is the same.

But I do feel sorry for X owners, Microsoft spent so much time hyping this up to be a 'True 4k' - 'No compromise' machine that now developers feel that have to hit that and it's costing in the frame rate department.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5816 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

No it's not... listen to what they say again...... higher sample rate due to resolution increase but filtering is the same.

But I do feel sorry for X owners, Microsoft spent so much time hyping this up to be a 'True 4k' - 'No compromise' machine that now developers feel that have to hit that and it's costing in the frame rate department.

I watched an advert for PS4 Pro last night. hyping it as a 4k gaming machine with no compromise at all.

Guess the developers did the same for PS4 Pro when it was released. Oh wait it was fixed in a patch, fancy that.