DF: Destiny 2: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro vs PC - Graphics Comparison + Frame-Rate Test

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
  • Xbox One X: Native 4K/30fps
  • PS4 Pro 4Kcb/30fps with resolution scale
  • No resolution drops on X
  • A PC uses SMAA vs consoles using FXAA
  • Xbox One X and PS4 Pro run with the same quality settings that fall short of PC ultra settings using a 1080Ti
  • Missing 3D AO, lower AF, lower shadow quality, DOF, and level of details
  • 1080Ti gives all ultra settings minus ultra DOF at 60fps
  • Native 4K vs CB is better
  • Small frame pacing issues but not drop in frames on X
  • 30 fps cap due to parity so the amount of overhead is unknown
  • HDR has been added to both Pro and X
DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

bleh 30fps

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

The monsters look like armored hamsters

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

This game us just better on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

60fps makes this Destiny much better. But if 30fps is forced on the Xbox One X and there is still overhead, that’s a damn shame. Maybe the X will get a patch to enable some extra graphical features since there is no reason for parity with the PS4 Pro. Even if there was some sort of cross-play, the X should have better settings.

This is a real shame for X Destiny 2 players.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

60fps makes this Destiny much better. But if 30fps is forced on the Xbox One X and there is still overhead, that’s a damn shame. Maybe the X will get a patch to enable some extra graphical features since there is no reason for parity with the PS4 Pro. Even if there was some sort of cross-play, the X should have better settings.

No way Sony will allow the X to be better in any way.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zero_epyon

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Another Win for the X when it comes to Consoles.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

ProFauxK strikes again.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01

@Zero_epyon said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

You honestly think Sony would let Xbox have the significantly better version, when they would've forked out a bunch of money for the marketing rights/extra content etc for D2? I don't think so.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zero_epyon

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

You honestly think Sony would let Xbox have the significantly better version, when they would've forked out a bunch of money for the marketing rights/extra content etc for D2? I don't think so.

Sony only has the rights to market the game. They don't have rights to the actual development of those games. Unless Activision wants Sony to pay for some of the development and cut the profits with them? Good luck with that.

Also, Checkerboard 4K vs native 4K isn't significantly better? Honestly, what are you guys expecting from this system?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01

@Zero_epyon said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Sony only has the rights to market the game. They don't have rights to the actual development of those games. Unless Activision wants Sony to pay for some of the development and cut the profits with them? Good luck with that.

Also, Checkerboard 4K vs native 4K isn't significantly better? Honestly, what are you guys expecting from this system?

Didn't mean resolution, meant maybe running at 60FPS on X.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zero_epyon

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Didn't mean resolution, meant maybe running at 60FPS on X.

We know why it's 30fps. Same reason it's 30fps on PS4 Pro.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Another game getting HDR support on consoles but not on PC, I don't think HDR is popular yet on PC but I often see PC gamers asking for it on Twitter. This is one advantage the console versions may have over PC, graphically speaking, something that rarely gets mentioned. Of course 60 fps is a big deal but I found HDR to make a significant difference in some of my games, so it's not entirely a moot point.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DrLostRib

@Alucard_Prime said:

Another game getting HDR support on consoles but not on PC, I don't think HDR is popular yet on PC but I often see PC gamers asking for it on Twitter. This is one advantage the console versions may have over PC, graphically speaking, something that rarely gets mentioned. Of course 60 fps is a big deal but I found HDR to make a significant difference in some of my games, so it's not entirely a moot point.

You didn't watch the video did you?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alucard_Prime

@drlostrib: nope, just read the text in the OP

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrLostRib

@Alucard_Prime said:

And you came to that conclusion? perhaps you should re-check your sources

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Alucard_Prime

@drlostrib said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

And you came to that conclusion? perhaps you should re-check your sources

I just did, so that's my bad, like I said I just read the OP text that mentioned Xbox-X and Ps-Pro had hdr....I see the PC already had HDR, but other titles such as Assassin's Creed Origins doesn't support HDR on PC yet it does on the X, so it's a point worth mentioning on some games, that's all.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Most monitors don't support HDR because it's a gimmick. A 144 hz monitor with accurate colour reproduction is much more important to a smooth gaming experience than a piece of junk with jacked up saturation.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

PC it is then.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UssjTrunks

@BenjaminBanklin said:

PC it is then.

There is no reason to ever get the console version of a game unless you can't afford a decent PC.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@refreshe said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Most monitors don't support HDR because it's a gimmick. A 144 hz monitor with accurate colour reproduction is much more important to a smooth gaming experience than a piece of junk with artificially jacked up saturation.

Is that what you actually think HDR does?

He doesn't know crap :P

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

@UssjTrunks: This is completely true, except in a couple of instances... a broken port, or the PC version doesn't have a healthy player base if you play it for MP. In all other cases, the console version should be frowned upon if you have a decent machine.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By UssjTrunks

@refreshe said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Most monitors don't support HDR because it's a gimmick. A 144 hz monitor with accurate colour reproduction is much more important to a smooth gaming experience than a piece of junk with artificially jacked up saturation.

Is that what you actually think HDR does?

That's exactly what it is. It's just cranked up brightness and saturation. I'm not sure the technology is even feasible in monitors due to how close they sit to your eyes.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrLostRib

@refreshe said:

It's amazing how active threads like this were when the PlayStation 4 was getting constant victories, cows gloating left and right with pages being filled in hours. Look at this though with the X trouncing the Pro again, and only 18 posts have been made in two days with no cows in sight.

It really does show the difference in the two communities and how much cows can dish it out but they can't take it for shit. It also shows how hypocritical their rhetoric is when power, resolution and graphics have been their shtick for the last four years, now they act like this isn't happening. They're skulking around here with a "if i don't acknowledge it, it doesn't exist or matter" kind of attitude, it's hilarious and pathetic all at the same time.

How would you know?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DrLostRib

@UssjTrunks said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Most monitors don't support HDR because it's a gimmick. A 144 hz monitor with accurate colour reproduction is much more important to a smooth gaming experience than a piece of junk with jacked up saturation.

Destiny 2 has HDR on PC

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@UssjTrunks: As a PC enthusiast HDR is not a gimmick nor is it "saturation". That's just flat out untrue.