DF: Destiny 2 PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S - A True Next-Gen Advantage

  • 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

15994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 15994 Posts
  • Series X runs t with a typical res of 4K but can rarely dip below
  • PS5 also runs at a typical res of 4K
  • Not much difference between the PS5/Series X
  • Series S has a dynamic 1080p but drops in resolution are rare
  • AF settings are not changed on all systems
  • Series X is 60 fps with some dips into the 50's on occasion in campaign
  • Those dips don't occur on the PS5 and is more consistent in the campaign
  • Series S has similar dipping issues as the Series X but holds 60 most of the time
  • 120hz mode runs at dynamic 1440p on PS5 and Series X
  • Some multiplayer maps with certain player counts can drop to the 80's.
  • Series X has more drops and hitches than PS5
  • PS5 loads faster but the difference is negligible
Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

45170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 45170 Posts

Destiny 2 is 3 years old, should be easier to run in 4K on next-gen consoles hardware, so no surprise their.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
Sushiglutton

8486

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 8486 Posts

Kind of amazing how the ”objectively weaker console” always wins 🥳!

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

4883

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4883 Posts

Want to jump into destiny 2 but would so far behind everyone else I know who play its intimidating. Nice to know it runs at 60 most of the time on the S.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

5775

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#5 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5775 Posts

DF bored, boring last gen comparisons.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10433

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10433 Posts

As always,

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10433

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10433 Posts
@davillain- said:

Destiny 2 is 3 years old, should be easier to run in 4K on next-gen consoles hardware, so no surprise their.

Its already running 4k on the xbone X so it be weird if resolution drops on next gen..... hmmmmmm

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

33443

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33443 Posts

Sounds like the game looks and runs very well on the new systems. I enjoyed Destiny 2 for awhile when it first came out but I don’t know if I’ll hop but into it when I get an Xbox Series X. I am a bit tempted though to be honest. Wouldn’t mind trying all the dlc that has come out for it since.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

MS needs to resolve the Series X|S performance inconsistency issues. 😮

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

2525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#11 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2525 Posts

So, even in "performance mode" neither console can actually sustain 120fps even on a game 3 years old? And we're counting 50-60FPS on a last gen title a next gen achievement? How much lower are we going to lower the bar for consoles? Minecraft benchmarks?

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

@eoten said:

So, even in "performance mode" neither console can actually sustain 120fps even on a game 3 years old? And we're counting 50-60FPS on a last gen title a next gen achievement? How much lower are we going to lower the bar for consoles? Minecraft benchmarks?

What lowering of the bar for consoles are you speaking of?

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

527

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#13 SheevPalpamemes  Online
Member since 2020 • 527 Posts

@Pedro: it’s not an issue, it’s part of the design.

PS5 is officially the premium destiny 2 experience for millions of gamers, even a baby knows it.

Tom Brady games on ps5, because he’s a winner.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

@Pedro: it’s not an issue, it’s part of the design.

PS5 is officially the premium destiny 2 experience for millions of gamers, even a baby knows it.

Tom Brady games on ps5, because he’s a winner.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

2525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#15 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2525 Posts

@Pedro said:
@eoten said:

So, even in "performance mode" neither console can actually sustain 120fps even on a game 3 years old? And we're counting 50-60FPS on a last gen title a next gen achievement? How much lower are we going to lower the bar for consoles? Minecraft benchmarks?

What lowering of the bar for consoles are you speaking of?

Well, the PS5 and XBSX failed to live up to the hype and their over exaggerated capabilities when compared to next gen games. Now we've gone back to last gen games to give them a better chance at actually achieving reasonable 4K performance and they fail to do even that well. Now their fanboys are acting all excited that they may actually be on the level PC was at years ago.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

527

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#16 SheevPalpamemes  Online
Member since 2020 • 527 Posts

@eoten: no pc games

Have load times like ps5.

You’re 2000 and late.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

@eoten said:

Well, the PS5 and XBSX failed to live up to the hype and their over exaggerated capabilities when compared to next gen games. Now we've gone back to last gen games to give them a better chance at actually achieving reasonable 4K performance and they fail to do even that well. Now their fanboys are acting all excited that they may actually be on the level PC was at years ago.

There is no "we have gone back to last gen games to give them a better chance". That is akin to complaining about benchmarking existing games on the latest graphics card. The consoles performance are being evaluated with the latest versions of games. Nothing beyond that. DF isn't doing this to give them a better chance. No bar is being lowered. It is just games being benchmarked.

Some of the conclusions people draw from things are astounding to say the least.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

2179

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2179 Posts

another easy VRR tv xbox win

Avatar image for Solaryellow
Solaryellow

6009

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 6009 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

Want to jump into destiny 2 but would so far behind everyone else I know who play its intimidating. Nice to know it runs at 60 most of the time on the S.

Leveling up and advancing is a breeze. Run a few strikes and play some gambit and you will be hitting the cap (soft cap at the very least) sooner than you'd imagine.

Avatar image for briguyb13
briguyb13

5492

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#20 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 5492 Posts

You can play Beyond Light and all the expansions for nothing with Game Pass on Xbox, but have to buy the expansions on Playstation.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

2525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#21 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2525 Posts

@Pedro said:
@eoten said:

Well, the PS5 and XBSX failed to live up to the hype and their over exaggerated capabilities when compared to next gen games. Now we've gone back to last gen games to give them a better chance at actually achieving reasonable 4K performance and they fail to do even that well. Now their fanboys are acting all excited that they may actually be on the level PC was at years ago.

There is no "we have gone back to last gen games to give them a better chance". That is akin to complaining about benchmarking existing games on the latest graphics card. The consoles performance are being evaluated with the latest versions of games. Nothing beyond that. DF isn't doing this to give them a better chance. No bar is being lowered. It is just games being benchmarked.

Some of the conclusions people draw from things are astounding to say the least.

They failed to maintain the 120fps they were promising for next gen titles in performance mode, and can't even sustain 60fps in 4K on a 3 year old game. These are performance promises made by both developers referencing NEXT GEN titles. Sony, Microsoft, they've both engaged in a bit of false advertisement.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

2525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#22 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2525 Posts
@sheevpalpamemes said:

@eoten: no pc games

Have load times like ps5.

You’re 2000 and late.

What are you talking about? Is that all one sentence because it looks like three random sentence fragments. If you are trying to make the claim the PS5 has faster load times than PC then I'll point out that the load time comparisons between the two consoles and PC do not support that theory. M.2 NVMe on PC, like the one I have in my PC right now have faster load times than the PS5.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

14472

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14472 Posts

It's time to accept that PS5 is indeed the most powerful console in the world. Microsoft either flat out lied or misled people about something on the spec sheet because there's no way PS5 would run every single multiplat better than XSX if it was weaker.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

1233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Ghost_of_Phobos  Online
Member since 2020 • 1233 Posts

I don't get the logic, a game sucks when it constantly drops from 30 to 27fps but a 120fps mode dropping to the 80s is great?

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

@eoten said:

They failed to maintain the 120fps they were promising for next gen titles in performance mode, and can't even sustain 60fps in 4K on a 3 year old game. These are performance promises made by both developers referencing NEXT GEN titles. Sony, Microsoft, they've both engaged in a bit of false advertisement.

How does any of what you stated address this statement? "How much lower are we going to lower the bar for consoles?"

Who lowered the bar for consoles?

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

2525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#26 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2525 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's time to accept that PS5 is indeed the most powerful console in the world. Microsoft either flat out lied or misled people about something on the spec sheet because there's no way PS5 would run every single multiplat better than XSX if it was weaker.

What are you talking about? PS5 has "4K120" and "8K" right on the box. It's not going to deliver either of those.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

5977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#27 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 5977 Posts

Can i just sneak in here and say how shitty Destiny 2 is? Its the most barebones MMO experience in the gaming industry, and since they removed 70% of the content people already paid for in previous dlc's,its even more of a meme now.

Who plays this shit game 😮

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

14472

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14472 Posts

@eoten said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's time to accept that PS5 is indeed the most powerful console in the world. Microsoft either flat out lied or misled people about something on the spec sheet because there's no way PS5 would run every single multiplat better than XSX if it was weaker.

What are you talking about? PS5 has "4K120" and "8K" right on the box. It's not going to deliver either of those.

PS5 has already delivered 4K120 on several games.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#29 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Can i just sneak in here and say how shitty Destiny 2 is? Its the most barebones MMO experience in the gaming industry, and since they removed 70% of the content people already paid for in previous dlc's,its even more of a meme now.

Who plays this shit game 😮

You do in secret. 🥱

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

5977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#30 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 5977 Posts

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Can i just sneak in here and say how shitty Destiny 2 is? Its the most barebones MMO experience in the gaming industry, and since they removed 70% of the content people already paid for in previous dlc's,its even more of a meme now.

Who plays this shit game 😮

You do in secret. 🥱

GOOOOOOOOD no. I would play Warzone over it and i can't stand COD.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

5127

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 5127 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: What game is 4K and 120 at the same time on PS5?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

14472

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14472 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: What game is 4K and 120 at the same time on PS5?

Cold War is one.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#33 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

GOOOOOOOOD no. I would play Warzone over it and i can't stand COD.

Sure.
Sure.

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

2525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#34 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2525 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@goldenelementxl said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: What game is 4K and 120 at the same time on PS5?

Cold War is one.

No it isn't.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

527

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#35 SheevPalpamemes  Online
Member since 2020 • 527 Posts

@eoten: but

Pc

Doesn’t have

Load times

Comparable

Just upgrades 4 the

werms

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

33699

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33699 Posts

@Zero_epyon:

Just wait until the Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct dev kit arrive early this year and the tables will turn.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

5977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#37 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 5977 Posts

@tormentos: Don't know if you have seen it, but the PS5, a console you do not own is losing to a gtx1060.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#38 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

@tormentos: Don't know if you have seen it, but the PS5, a console you do not own is losing to a gtx1060.

😂🤣

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

33699

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33699 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

@tormentos: Don't know if you have seen it, but the PS5, a console you do not own is losing to a gtx1060.

But is beating your 40% stronger xbox and for $100 less..

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#40 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

@tormentos said:
@hardwenzen said:

@tormentos: Don't know if you have seen it, but the PS5, a console you do not own is losing to a gtx1060.

But is beating your 40% stronger xbox and for $100 less..

He doesn't own a Series X

.No Caption Provided

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

2525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#41 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2525 Posts

I'm still looking for a PS5 game that does 4K120. Someone actually believed CoD: Cold War was one of them so I looked into that game's PS5 port a bit further. In 120fps mode it uses a dynamic resolution which bounces around somewhere between 1080P and 1200P. A far cry from 2160P. And it disables some graphics detail on top of that in order to achieve it. That's not very impressive, and it's certainly not 4K120.

I'm kind of expecting Sony to release a card game on PS5 so they can say "see everyone? We told you it could do 4K120."

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

33699

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33699 Posts

@Pedro said:

He doesn't own a Series X

.

And i don't own a PS5.😋

But he claimed the xbox would be 40% stronger you on the other hand claimed 30%..😂

But i am sure the TIE will change early this year...

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

5977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#43 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 5977 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

He doesn't own a Series X

.

And i don't own a PS5.😋

But he claimed the xbox would be 40% stronger you on the other hand claimed 30%..😂

But i am sure the TIED will change early this year...

And that 40% triggered you like nothing else. Nothing else other than @ronvalencia that is

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

33699

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33699 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

And that 40% triggered you like nothing else. Nothing else other than @ronvalencia that is

I think is a little late to pretend bro stick to your claim..🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

7509

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 7509 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Kind of amazing how the ”objectively weaker console” always wins 🥳!

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

7923

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 7923 Posts

@hardwenzen: I haven't played D2 for about a year, got burnt out after playing it with friends for almost 2 years. What 70% of content was removed? I haven't kept up with anything destiny related since I stopped playing, just curious?

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

46315

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#47 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 46315 Posts

@tormentos said:

And i don't own a PS5.😋

But he claimed the xbox would be 40% stronger you on the other hand claimed 30%..😂

But i am sure the TIE will change early this year...

I know you don't. I do but you are here shilling for a product you don't own.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

5977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#48 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 5977 Posts

@vfighter said:

@hardwenzen: I haven't played D2 for about a year, got burnt out after playing it with friends for almost 2 years. What 70% of content was removed? I haven't kept up with anything destiny related since I stopped playing, just curious?

They removed almost everything from the game (sunsetting) when the last expansion came out. Strikes, weapons, almost every raid, planets, etc. There's barely any content left in the game 🤣Plenty of streamers that been shilling this game for 6 years are leaving. Its a shitfest.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

5977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#49 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 5977 Posts
@tormentos said:
@hardwenzen said:

And that 40% triggered you like nothing else. Nothing else other than @ronvalencia that is

I think is a little late to pretend bro stick to your claim..🤣🤣🤣

YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVED ME!? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Avatar image for eoten
Eoten

2525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#50 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 2525 Posts

@vfighter said:

@hardwenzen: I haven't played D2 for about a year, got burnt out after playing it with friends for almost 2 years. What 70% of content was removed? I haven't kept up with anything destiny related since I stopped playing, just curious?

You lasted longer than I did. I got burnt out after the first hour.