DF: Black Ops Cold War PS5 vs PC

  • 71 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

33699

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33699 Posts

@warmblur said:

Who the hell would want to play a FPS with a gamepad? M/KB will always be better. Also who the hell cares about the COD series it's responsible for the dumbing down of the FPS genre along with Halo.

Man that shit is play out many PC gamers even use controllers on their setups.

There isn't a controller argument here, is like saying who would like to play on PC with all those god damn cheaters.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@SolidGame_basic said:

Herms be getting worked up over a game most of them probably don't even play and couldn't tell the difference even if it was right in front of them 😀

They can't remember they seat 10 feet from their TV's at least that is what they use to claim when the PS4 was beating the xbox graphically.😂

Oh wait now those were lemms.😂

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6862

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6862 Posts

@tormentos said:
@warmblur said:

Who the hell would want to play a FPS with a gamepad? M/KB will always be better. Also who the hell cares about the COD series it's responsible for the dumbing down of the FPS genre along with Halo.

Man that shit is play out many PC gamers even use controllers on their setups.

There isn't a controller argument here, is like saying who would like to play on PC with all those god damn cheaters.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I play on both console and PC nothing wrong with a controller but who in their right mind would choose a gamepad over a M/KB playing a FPS or even a third person shooter. Aiming in general on the gamepad sucks that's why they have auto aim for. But even still it's pretty awful that's one thing that really needs to improve on the hardware side.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

528

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 528 Posts

Ps5 consistently beats the 2070S in that comparison. Not bad for $500.

Regardless the difference between low and Ultra on many settings in that game are almost non existent. Like who's going to lose 20fps for a shadow that looks slightly nicer if you stop and stare at it?

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

33820

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#55 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 33820 Posts

@tormentos: You obviously have issues with a simple and truthful comment so you have to throw out bs inferences but that’s not my problem. 🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

6940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#56 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6940 Posts

@tormentos: Who the hell is backtracking? My PS5 is losing against the 2060. Sometimes i am literally ashamed of owning the system because of that.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5155

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#57 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5155 Posts

@tormentos said:

Regardless, at the top end, an RTX 3090 delivers an 81.2 per cent boost to performance in this segment at equivalent settings, while RTX 3070 is just 8.6 per cent faster. An RTX 2070 Super can't match PlayStation 5 - in fact, it's 20 per cent slower.

DF also make pretty clear the settings are not an exact match but the closes they could get.

It's an interesting exercise, but in this case mostly an academic one in several respects. Beyond the issue we have in precisely matching settings and where we can't access dynamic resolution scaling on PC (more's the pity!) it's not entirely representative of actual use-case scenarios.

That's what I said:

LMAO @ cows who think their precious toy is an 3070 equivalent while conveniently leaving out the low than lowest on PC and not even 4K.

In reality with the same effects and RT it's performing worse than 2060.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

57988

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#58 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57988 Posts

Why on Earth someone would try this as ownage is truly perplexing lol.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47070

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#59 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47070 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Why on Earth someone would try this as ownage is truly perplexing lol.

What ownage?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

57988

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#60 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57988 Posts

@Pedro said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Why on Earth someone would try this as ownage is truly perplexing lol.

What ownage?

Exactly.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
ConanTheStoner

20429

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#61 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 20429 Posts

Yeah, weird flex.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
NoodleFighter

11207

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#62 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11207 Posts

@tormentos said:

@pc_rocks said:

LMAO @ cows who think their precious toy is an 3070 equivalent while conveniently leaving out the low than lowest on PC and not even 4K.

In reality with the same effects and RT it's performing worse than 2060.

Regardless, at the top end, an RTX 3090 delivers an 81.2 per cent boost to performance in this segment at equivalent settings, while RTX 3070 is just 8.6 per cent faster. An RTX 2070 Super can't match PlayStation 5 - in fact, it's 20 per cent slower.

DF also make pretty clear the settings are not an exact match but the closes they could get.

It's an interesting exercise, but in this case mostly an academic one in several respects. Beyond the issue we have in precisely matching settings and where we can't access dynamic resolution scaling on PC (more's the pity!) it's not entirely representative of actual use-case scenarios.

In AC Valhalla a 2070 super wasn't a match for the PS5 eitherit was much slower as well, so for $400 dollars you simply can't ask more and you can't deliver better results on PC for that price.

Take into account than in 2013 a 7850 was beating the PS4 without much effort, and that was lower than mid range back then.

Either way near 3070 is ok by 8% or 40% thats one good ass GPU.

Digital Foundry said that the 2070 Super was under 10% slower than the PS5 in the most demanding scene they used in Valhalla and it was only about 5 FPS slower in actual framerates. I think that solidifies it even more that the PS5's GPU is equal to the RTX 2070 Super in rasterization. AC Valhalla is also more biased towards AMD cards than Nvidia hence why a RX 5700 XT is only a couple frames slower than the RTX 2080 Ti in that game when in most other games its a 20% performance difference. Funny thing is the RTX 2060 Super isn't that far off in performance either being only 10 FPS slower than it.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

528

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 528 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@tormentos said:

Regardless, at the top end, an RTX 3090 delivers an 81.2 per cent boost to performance in this segment at equivalent settings, while RTX 3070 is just 8.6 per cent faster. An RTX 2070 Super can't match PlayStation 5 - in fact, it's 20 per cent slower.

DF also make pretty clear the settings are not an exact match but the closes they could get.

It's an interesting exercise, but in this case mostly an academic one in several respects. Beyond the issue we have in precisely matching settings and where we can't access dynamic resolution scaling on PC (more's the pity!) it's not entirely representative of actual use-case scenarios.

That's what I said:

LMAO @ cows who think their precious toy is an 3070 equivalent while conveniently leaving out the low than lowest on PC and not even 4K.

In reality with the same effects and RT it's performing worse than 2060.

It's beating a 2060s not sure what your talking about. It's just ahead of a 2070s.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5155

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#64 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5155 Posts

@silentchief said:
@pc_rocks said:

That's what I said:

LMAO @ cows who think their precious toy is an 3070 equivalent while conveniently leaving out the low than lowest on PC and not even 4K.

In reality with the same effects and RT it's performing worse than 2060.

It's beating a 2060s not sure what your talking about. It's just ahead of a 2070s.

No, it's not. Not at the same settings, resolution, and RT.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

528

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#65 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 528 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@silentchief said:
@pc_rocks said:

That's what I said:

LMAO @ cows who think their precious toy is an 3070 equivalent while conveniently leaving out the low than lowest on PC and not even 4K.

In reality with the same effects and RT it's performing worse than 2060.

It's beating a 2060s not sure what your talking about. It's just ahead of a 2070s.

No, it's not. Not at the same settings, resolution, and RT.

The Approximate settings are an extremely close match. Not sure how you would say a 2060 is somehow winning when that's clearly not the case.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5155

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#66 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5155 Posts

@silentchief said:
@pc_rocks said:
@silentchief said:
@pc_rocks said:

That's what I said:

LMAO @ cows who think their precious toy is an 3070 equivalent while conveniently leaving out the low than lowest on PC and not even 4K.

In reality with the same effects and RT it's performing worse than 2060.

It's beating a 2060s not sure what your talking about. It's just ahead of a 2070s.

No, it's not. Not at the same settings, resolution, and RT.

The Approximate settings are an extremely close match. Not sure how you would say a 2060 is somehow winning when that's clearly not the case.

No they are not. When you have low than lowest on PC and dynamic resolution, you don't have a close match. We already know next-gen consoles RT and MT capability is a notch below 2060.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

528

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#67 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 528 Posts

@pc_rocks: looking at the difference in visuals its doubtful it would make up for the massive frame difference. Also what proof do we have that a 2060 is better in RT?

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

5155

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 5155 Posts

@silentchief said:

@pc_rocks: looking at the difference in visuals its doubtful it would make up for the massive frame difference. Also what proof do we have that a 2060 is better in RT?

The proff is the same source, DF. Look it up on them for 2060 having better capabilities.

As for 'looking' at the difference in visuals. That makes it even worse for consoles because on 2060 you have DLSS. Do you want to go there?

EDIT: That's my last post. Didn't realize until now I was talking to an alt of an alt of R-Gamer aka alt of Blackhairedhero.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

10683

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#69 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 10683 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

Digital Foundry said that the 2070 Super was under 10% slower than the PS5 in the most demanding scene they used in Valhalla and it was only about 5 FPS slower in actual framerates. I think that solidifies it even more that the PS5's GPU is equal to the RTX 2070 Super in rasterization. AC Valhalla is also more biased towards AMD cards than Nvidia hence why a RX 5700 XT is only a couple frames slower than the RTX 2080 Ti in that game when in most other games its a 20% performance difference. Funny thing is the RTX 2060 Super isn't that far off in performance either being only 10 FPS slower than it.

The 2080 Ti is generally 40-50% faster than the 5700X. AMD has an enormous advantage in AC Valhalla for some reason.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

7707

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#70 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 7707 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

PS5 also has the controller advantage too. So we can throw in Lems in the ownage too.

Series controller is just shockingly lazy. Then they'll turn around and charge $200 for an Elite version that's like a DualSense 5 with paddles.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

14751

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#71 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 14751 Posts

Yawn.