Devil May Cry producer on the possibility of Dante in Smash Bros. and DMC on the Switch

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5248 Posts

Devil May Cry is a series that has completely skipped Nintendo platforms so far, and that includes the upcoming Devil May Cry 5. The producer of that game, Capcom’s Hidaki Itsuno, was recently on a press tour for Devil May Cry 5 and talked to a number of outlets, including VG 24/7. They asked him about the possibility of Dante, the series’ main character, being added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a DLC character. Here’s what Itsuno had to say:

“Well, you think about it… I’m pretty sure that they… all the characters in Smash at least have some game on a Nintendo platform, right? Well, that’s the thing. Devil May Cry has never been on a Nintendo platform. So it seems like the first thing to do would be to get Capcom to put Devil May Cry on a Nintendo platform in some way, shape or form – whatever game that might be.”

Source

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

god, imagine that one the switch

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

I’d be down with that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

The way he said it makes me feel he tried and was turned down due to not being on Nintendo systems. Sounds like that fan rule of the series having to have games on Nintendo console might actually be an official rule. Unless a DMC port is one of the “11-12 unannounced games” coming to Switch this year, I doubt this will ever happen.

I think Leon Kennedy is the most likely Capcom rep. Though I'm not sure how his moveset would work, I'm totally on board. Resident Evil has been on Nintendo consoles plenty of times.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts
@davillain- said:

The way he said it makes me feel he tried and was turned down due to not being on Nintendo systems. Sounds like that fan rule of the series having to have games on Nintendo console might actually be an official rule. Unless a DMC port is one of the “11-12 unannounced games” coming to Switch this year, I doubt this will ever happen.

I think Leon Kennedy is the most likely Capcom rep. Though I'm not sure how his moveset would work, I'm totally on board. Resident Evil has been on Nintendo consoles plenty of times.

That hasn't stopped Cloud and Joker.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Switch will not stop till it has YOUR favorite game on it!

The amount of games in the palm of my hand is truly mind blowing.

EDIT: ...and smash needs a monster hunter. Its time

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@davillain- said:

That hasn't stopped Cloud and Joker.

I said game "series" not character. In the interview, he even states that all the characters appear on a Nintendo system except for Cloud but his series has a rich history with Nintendo and it's why both Cloud & Joker are in SSB to begin with.

Edit: Resident Evil has been on Nintendo several times and I can see Leon Kennedy being added into SSB as an example.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

That would make buying a Switch a very big priority for me.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

They would probably put DMC remastered.