Developer VooFoo: One X Substantially More Powerful Than The Pro

• 194 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Like I said, percentages are null in this instance. 40% of 100 is larger than 40% of 10. I noticed you glanced over that fact lol.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#102 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@Zero_epyon: Like I said, percentages are null in this instance. 40% of 100 is larger than 40% of 10. I noticed you glanced over that fact lol.

Why are they null? Can you explain?

The difference between PS4 and XBO was 0.53 Tflops.

The difference between the X and the Pro is 1.8.

Are you saying because 1.8 is a bigger number than 0.53, that the Xbox is that much more powerful? Because that there makes no sense. There's only so much an extra 1.8 teraflops can do at 4K. Especially with the cpu both consoles have.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Primorandomguy

@Zero_epyon: I think the X1X is going to have much better looking multiplats than the PS Pro. But it's all just speculation at this point.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Zero_epyon

@primorandomguy said:

@Zero_epyon: I think the X1X is going to have much better looking multiplats than the PS Pro. But it's all just speculation at this point.

No but really. Are you saying because 1.8 is a bigger number than 0.53, that the Xbox is that much more powerful? I really want to know because every time I say it's 43% more powerful people usually respond like you do.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Primorandomguy

@Zero_epyon: No my point was your percentages. You try acting like the 40% power advantage the PS4 has over the X1 is virtually the same as the 43% power advantage the X1X has over the PS Pro. News flash even if both percentages were 43% the 43% advantage X1X has would be a bigger number.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Zero_epyon

@primorandomguy said:

@Zero_epyon: No my point was your percentages. You try acting like the 40% power advantage the PS4 has over the X1 is virtually the same as the 43% power advantage the X1X has over the PS Pro. News flash even if both percentages were 43% the 43% advantage X1X has would be a bigger number.

The size of the number isn't what's important. The X is 43% more capable than the Pro. You seem to suggest that because the number (1.8) is bigger than the other (0.53) that we should see a much more dramatic difference. But that's because you're comparing 1.8 to 0.53, not 6 to 4.2. When you do that, you're saying that the Xbox One X will see a visual or performance difference of 3.4 times. But to do that, it needs to be 3.4 times more powerful than the pro, which it clearly isn't. (it would have to be 14+ tflops)

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8016 Posts

it really may be time for a sticky thread for this topic.. As much as i enjoy reading positive Xbox coverage, all these threads eventually get boiled down to the exact same arguments from the exact same people.. A sticky would just be more efficient for this continued conversation

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Primorandomguy

@Zero_epyon: No I'm definitely not saying the X1X is 3 times more powerful than the PS Pro lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Obviously not to cows and aren't cows running around trying to belittle the difference in power now after years of touting PS4 over X1 power? Cows will be cows and right now that includes you. You cry in one of the many many many "X1X is not powerful or it's not a 4K machine" threads created every other minute.

The only dishonest poster is you.

Yeah I'm sorry but this is bullshit. All you do is lie and spam redherring data to make it look like you refuted the person you just quoted.

And btw, someone who is currently going on a huge racist tirade over at the Political Gamer sub forum and quotes white supremacists has no right to ever call anyone dishonest. Last post 8 hours ago, I'm hoping this dirtbag was banned.

Red herring. This is nothing about system wars.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Obviously not to cows and aren't cows running around trying to belittle the difference in power now after years of touting PS4 over X1 power? Cows will be cows and right now that includes you. You cry in one of the many many many "X1X is not powerful or it's not a 4K machine" threads created every other minute.

Yeah I'm sorry but this is bullshit. All you do is lie and spam redherring data to make it look like you refuted the person you just quoted.

And btw, someone who is currently going on a huge racist tirade over at the Political Gamer sub forum and quotes white supremacists has no right to ever call anyone dishonest. Last post 8 hours ago, I'm hoping this dirtbag was banned.

Red herring. The first sentence was.

Also how are you not banned. Guess I'll have to PM the mods.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Wow is your reading comprehension bad, I mean real bad. I didn't say they don't believe it's more powerful, I said they don't believe it's significantly more powerful. You and your bovine friends are now trying to say it's marginally more after years of calling the difference between the PS4 and X1 huge.

A difference of 500GF is minuscule compared the 2TF difference now but that's never been the point el tormented. The point is cows making the claim of that 500GF difference being huge but are now calling the 2TF difference between the X1X and Pro being negligible. It's called being a hypocrite el tormented but I'm sure you can surf thru years of posts to find how much of a hypocrite you cows are though I'm sure your lack of reading comprehension would get in the way.

Nice spin it doesn't say significantly on the post i quoted from you.

@kingtito said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Why do we need an indie dev to tell us the Xbox One X is more powerful than the PS4 Pro? It's been pretty clear from the start.

This is where i quote from you,and as you can see no it doesn't say that,and second even if it did,43% is not significant in your eyes as i already quoted you claiming the gaps between the xbox one and PS4 were minimal when it has a on paper 40% advantage.

The problem with your shitty argument is that you are not comparing 6 TF to 1.8TF you are comparing 6TF to 4.2TF which mean the gap in power is 43%,regardless of how big you think the number is,in fact a 500Gflops gap between the XBO X and Pro is not the same as 500Gflops between the PS4 and xbox one,because the peak on the later 2 are smaller which mean a smaller gap has the same value as a bigger one between stronger GPU lemming.

So 500Gflops or 2TF which is not is 1.8Tf by the way is about the same gap dude,which is why even MS claim 40% advantage.

But again i am not the hypocrite who claim 40% was minimal and now act like 43% is massive.

@ronvalencia said:

The only dishonest poster is you. You omitted PS4 version wasn't stable at 30 fps. 31 fps argument is a red herring and doesn't cover sub 30 fps instances.

Your XBO vs PS4 argument has nothing to do with this topic's X1X vs PS4 Pro.

http://wccftech.com/gow4-dev-on-dx12-performance-boosts-xbox-one-s-esram-ultimate-edition-pc-issues/

Too bad for you, ESRAM API improved around July 2016..

I didn't omit it the PS4 version has 1 dropped frame on what look to be a bug fact is 1 frame is NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compare to the impact 4x MSAA has over 2x MSAA in both quality and bandwidth usage.

And yes it rise to 31FPS and like i already told you,you will not notice that frame but you will notice 4xmsaa,by the way the bandwidth 1 frame consume is way smaller to what 4x msaa consumes over 2x msaa.

So again the PS4 has faster bandwidth and doesn't have a cumbersome memory structure either by the way.

Fanfiction with bug fact. MSAA 4X pushed it below 30 fps, furthermore XBO has ESRAM API changes after UFC. Your argument has nothing to do with this topic's X1X vs PS4 Pro.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Uh oh, did someone teach the ronbot to be racist already?

Ron=Microsoft AI confirmed

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ronvalencia

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:

This is system wars NOT political wars.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:

He called you dishonest I used examples from multiple GS forums both SW and another section.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:

@Zero_epyon: Devs who actually work on games vs. DF who count pixels on games.

I will take the dev who speaks in results and you can take DF who speaks in theoretical differences.

You heard it here folks! Digital Foundry don't know squat about hardware. They're just pixel counters. That's Why MS chose them for the hardware specs reveal and not someone more knowledgeable.

LOL.........

Let me break it down to you like the child you are.

Forumite Opinion (CowEpyon, GoldenXL, KUU2) = Squat compared to DF

DF Opinion and theoretical %,#s, analysis = Way more knowledgeable than turd forumites mentioned above (especially CowEpyon, and GoldenXL who lampooned DFs credentials). Semi Professionals in their craft. Same level as most critics probably a little higher.

Game Developer Opinion = Industry Professional, Industry is built on these guys knowing what they are doing, intimate with the inner workings of computer technology, actually get paid for their craft. The most knowledgeable people in the games industry.

Now that we have established the pecking order you may continue turd forumites.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@kuu2 said:

LOL.........

DF Opinion and theoretical %,#s, analysis = Way more knowledgeable than turd forumites mentioned above Semi Professionals in their craft. Same level as most critics probably a little higher.

Critics don't know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to tech 99% of the time. I listen to a lot of podcasts, and the cringe is quite high.

Oh, and I've mentioned this before many times, I'm an engineer that works with a lot of tech. I may not be in the gaming field, but I know my way around PC tech.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By kuu2

@goldenelementxl said:
@kuu2 said:

LOL.........

DF Opinion and theoretical %,#s, analysis = Way more knowledgeable than turd forumites mentioned above Semi Professionals in their craft. Same level as most critics probably a little higher.

Critics don't know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to tech 99% of the time. I listen to a lot of podcasts, and the cringe is quite high.

Oh, and I've mentioned this before many times, I'm an engineer that works with a lot of tech. I may not be in the gaming field, but I know my way around PC tech.

So what................

You are a forumite turd like the rest of us. I would bet more than half the board has some type of tech background.

Let me get you a participation trophy so you feel better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@kuu2: Im also a "forumite" at NeoGaf which happens to be full of developers and gaming professionals. I personally know current and former employees from places like Konami and Stardock. Hell, there are users here that are professionals in the journalism field and even a Streamer that is featured on Disney XD. Don't be disrespectful, this board has some ballers in it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Zero_epyon

@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:

@Zero_epyon: Devs who actually work on games vs. DF who count pixels on games.

I will take the dev who speaks in results and you can take DF who speaks in theoretical differences.

You heard it here folks! Digital Foundry don't know squat about hardware. They're just pixel counters. That's Why MS chose them for the hardware specs reveal and not someone more knowledgeable.

LOL.........

Forumite Opinion (CowEpyon, GoldenXL, KUU2) = Squat compared to DF

DF Opinion and theoretical %,#s, analysis = Way more knowledgeable than turd forumites mentioned above (especially CowEpyon, and GoldenXL who lampooned DFs credentials). Semi Professionals in their craft. Same level as most critics probably a little higher.

Game Developer Opinion = Industry Professional, Industry is built on these guys knowing what they are doing, intimate with the inner workings of computer technology, actually get paid for their craft. The most knowledgeable people in the games industry.

Now that we have established the pecking order you may continue turd forumites.

What the hell did I just read?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@drlostrib said:

MMMMMMM.....

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 kuu2

@goldenelementxl said:

@kuu2: Im also a "forumite" at NeoGaf which happens to be full of developers and gaming professionals. I personally know current and former employees from places like Konami and Stardock. Hell, there are users here that are professionals in the journalism field and even a Streamer that is featured on Disney XD. Don't be disrespectful, this board has some ballers in it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Zero_epyon
@kuu2 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

So now people on gaf are not good enough? I guess you'll have to stop saying Titanfall 6K then...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/spencer-20-gpu-boost-to-the-one-dx12-unconfirmed-31895266/

Memories...hahahahahahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:

So now people on gaf are not gut enough? I guess you'll have to stop saying Titanfall 6K then...

I remember when I got a Titanfall 1 beta code from Vince Zampella on NeoGaf. If I would have known the founder of Respawn was just a message board scrub, I would have told him to keep it...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Zero_epyon

@goldenelementxl: lol

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ronvalencia

@Zero_epyon said:
@primorandomguy said:

@Zero_epyon: Incorrect. The power difference between the PS4 and X1 are minor, insignificant.

No. The power difference between the PS4 and XBO is about 40%. The X and Pro is about 43%.

X1X being superior over PS4 Pro difference

CPU: ~9.5 percent, without factoring lower latency improvements.

GPU FP32 TFLOPS : 43 percent, memory bandwidth bound.

GPU TMU: 43 percent, memory bandwidth bound.

GPU Polaris Geometry: ~28.7 percent.

GPU ROPS: ~28.7 percent, memory bandwidth bound on PS4 Pro with 218 GB/s.

GPU 2 MB L2 cache: ~28.7 percent, external memory write is memory bandwidth bound.

GPU Polaris culling: ~28.7 percent.

Memory bandwidth: ~49.5 percent.

Each advantage reduces render time.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@primorandomguy said:

@Zero_epyon: Incorrect. The power difference between the PS4 and X1 are minor, insignificant.

No. The power difference between the PS4 and XBO is about 40%. The X and Pro is about 43%.

GPU 2 MB L2 cache: ~28.7 percent, external memory write is memory bandwidth bound.

by how much?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:

Red herring. This is nothing about system wars. I wonder who is the real racist.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@drlostrib: Don't encourage him lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ronvalencia

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:

He called you dishonest I used examples from multiple GS forums both SW and another section.

This is system wars NOT political wars.. You can't get the forum type correct.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:

Red herring. This is nothing about system wars. I wonder who is the real racist.

Who? is it you ronbot? is your programming telling you to destroy the human race?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

Who? is it you ronbot? is your programming telling you to destroy the human race?

Both you (drlostrib) and zaryia has turn this topic into political and personality war which is NOT system war. I'm returning your "witch hunt" on me with interest.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@primorandomguy said:

by how much?

It depends on the developer i.e. each game stresses different hardware areas but in general, memory bandwidth is largest bottleneck since AMD's memory bandwidth didn't increase with TFLOPS increase rate.

Memory bandwidth argument comes from PowerVR and NVIDIA, NOT AMD.

Counter PR slide from PowerVR.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Zero_epyon said:

by how much?

It depends on the developer i.e. each game stresses different hardware areas but in general, memory bandwidth is largest bottleneck since AMD's memory bandwidth didn't increase with TFLOPS increase rate.

so a whole bunch of nothing

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:

Both you (drlostrib) and zaryia has turn this topic into political and personality war which is NOT system war. I'm returning your "witch hunt" on me with interest.

Received 0% interest on witch hunt. SAD

#RonInvestmentsAreFakeNews

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:

by how much?

Fallout 4 is more than 43 percent.

ARC Survival is more than 43 percent.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

Failing RonBot basing percentages on anonymous sources

#RonPercentagesAreFakeNews

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

Loading Video...

The anonymous source is from the actual developer. LOL.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:

So no actual source to back up your numbers for the X1X

Please stop spreading fake news then

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58011/ark-dev-xbox-one-pc-gtx-1070-16gb-ram/index.html

As for the comparisons between the PC and Xbox One X, he said: "If you think about it, it's kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It's kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it's equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that's a pretty good deal for $499".

Please stop spreading fake news then.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58011/ark-dev-xbox-one-pc-gtx-1070-16gb-ram/index.html

As for the comparisons between the PC and Xbox One X, he said: "If you think about it, it's kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It's kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it's equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that's a pretty good deal for $499".

Still nothing? Just trying to distract from the real problem. Can't back up your numbers. Maybe contact that guy on twitter that has all the data on the 3 million illegal votes for Hillary, perhaps he can whip something up

#RonNewsFakeNews

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

Still nothing? Just trying to distract from the real problem. Can't back up your numbers. Maybe contact that guy on twitter that has all the data on the 3 million illegal votes for Hillary, perhaps he can whip something up

#RonNewsFakeNews

The numbers are included in the video i.e. close to EPIC settings with 60 fps target.

XBO/PS4 console version has medium settings with 30 fps.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57990/ark-dev-xbox-one-horsepower-phenomenal/index.html

Studio Wildcard's Jesse Rapczak was recently on the E3 2017 Live Show with Geoff Keighley, where he said that they're aiming for 60FPS on Xbox One X, and that 60FPS was "not possible" on the PS4 Pro. PS4 Pro users can run 60FPS, but only at 720p where we'll see ARK running at 1080p 60FPS on close to Epic settings on Xbox One X.

Try again.

http://wccftech.com/ark-dev-xb1x-like-gtx-1070/

The interview is huge and we’re still transcribing it, but we’ve grabbed the technical info we know you love, starting with Rapczak’s thoughts on the Xbox One X console’s price and comparison with PS4 Pro.

Instead of targeting 30FPS like on the other consoles, we’re targeting 60FPS for the Xbox One X. I would say most of the time for PS4 Pro you would be seeing 30FPS on PS4 Pro at 1080P, whereas with the Xbox One X you’re going to see double the frame rate at 1080P, 60FPS. We might even allow the frame rate to go higher than 60 FPS, but we’re still looking into that. Right now it’s actually uncapped but on a TV it’s not that useful [because they’re locked to 60Hz].

Previously on PS4 Pro, we had the option to choose between frame rate (720P@60FPS) and resolution (1080P@30). We removed it because it’s a better experience for the users now.

Because ours is a multiplayer game, the complexity on the screen can be very unpredictable. Variable resolution is something we introduced this year to try and stabilize the frame rate on lower PCs and consoles so that when people go into a huge base and someone’s got a hundred dinosaurs, the resolution scales down but the frame rate stays smooth.

We’re not targeting 4K resolution or anything like that, instead we’re targeting higher quality pixels.

It's worst for mad cows since X1X dev build can exceed 60 fps i.e. "We might even allow the frame rate to go higher than 60 FPS".

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

#RonNewsFakeNews

The numbers are included in the video i.e. close to EPIC settings with 60 fps target.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57990/ark-dev-xbox-one-horsepower-phenomenal/index.html

Studio Wildcard's Jesse Rapczak was recently on the E3 2017 Live Show with Geoff Keighley, where he said that they're aiming for 60FPS on Xbox One X, and that 60FPS was "not possible" on the PS4 Pro. PS4 Pro users can run 60FPS, but only at 720p where we'll see ARK running at 1080p 60FPS on close to Epic settings on Xbox One X.

Try again.

The interview is huge and we’re still transcribing it, but we’ve grabbed the technical info we know you love, starting with Rapczak’s thoughts on the Xbox One X console’s price and comparison with PS4 Pro.

Instead of targeting 30FPS like on the other consoles, we’re targeting 60FPS for the Xbox One X. I would say most of the time for PS4 Pro you would be seeing 30FPS on PS4 Pro at 1080P, whereas with the Xbox One X you’re going to see double the frame rate at 1080P, 60FPS. We might even allow the frame rate to go higher than 60 FPS, but we’re still looking into that. Right now it’s actually uncapped but on a TV it’s not that useful [because they’re locked to 60Hz].

Previously on PS4 Pro, we had the option to choose between frame rate (720P@60FPS) and resolution (1080P@30). We removed it because it’s a better experience for the users now.

Because ours is a multiplayer game, the complexity on the screen can be very unpredictable. Variable resolution is something we introduced this year to try and stabilize the frame rate on lower PCs and consoles so that when people go into a huge base and someone’s got a hundred dinosaurs, the resolution scales down but the frame rate stays smooth.

We’re not targeting 4K resolution or anything like that, instead we’re targeting higher quality pixels.

It's worst for mad cows since X1X dev build can exceed 60 fps i.e. "We might even allow the frame rate to go higher than 60 FPS".

So still no actual numbers from it running on X1X

Keep up that covfefe

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Exlusives games or gamers period don't matter any longer. Power is back in. You didn't get the memo?

Did you get this memo, read for a good laugh, well not so much if you're a Sony soldier lol.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

So if I read that correctly ARK Dev states that in order for there games to run at 60 fps the POS4 Pro is at 720p and the Xbox One X is at 1080P. That's really not much of a difference is it?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Damn Xbox haters are supah salty in here....

Good stuff!! lol :P

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ronvalencia

@rrjim1 said:

So if I read that correctly ARK Dev states that in order for there games to run at 60 fps the POS4 Pro is at 720p and the Xbox One X is at 1080P. That's really not much of a difference is it?

1920 x 1080 = 2073600 pixels

1280 x 720 = 921600 pixels

Due to additional memory storage, X1X has higher graphics than PS4 Pro.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drlostrib said:
@ronvalencia said:

#RonNewsFakeNews

Try again.

So still no actual numbers from it running on X1X

Keep up that covfefe

"We're looking for all of our studios to add a level of support for Xbox One X. We Tweeted out last night that we're working right now to get Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 supported on the X," Hines said in a recent interview (youtube video link) with Geoff Keighely

. "We're working right now to get both of those titles supported with higher resolution, True 4K, higher frame rates, etc. The games will take advantage of the hardware and Microsoft's been grateful and Phil Spencer came out last year to tell us what they're doing and walk us through a tech demo to let all of our guys get up to speed on what Xbox One X is capable of doing and how we want to embrace it and incorporate it into our games."

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58024/bethesda-xbox-one-support/index.html

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 kuu2

@SecretPolice: They don't have much to hold on to these days. Their main argument now is "The dev didn't say teh nativz".