Deus Ex Mankind Divided... It's amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I had this game waiting for me to finish some other games. Finished it yesterday and I'm delighted, to the point that it surpassed Dishonored 2 as my favourite " immersive sim" of 2016.

Level design is not at the same level of D2 but the political drama and narrative make up for it. Also, not like the majority of games nowadays, I felt like the developers here treat the player like an adult, like an intelligent person that can follow a narrative.

I loved playing a game that feels in touch with the world we live in, a game that although allegorical talks about discrimination, terrorism, the power of the media, etc. It was not the best game of 2016 but it was a game that made wish more games were like Deus Ex.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

One of the best of 2016 and my personal fav Deus Ex game. The only thing i disliked is it was too easy even on Hard.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
@silversix_ said:

One of the best of 2016 and my personal fav Deus Ex game. The only thing i disliked is it was too easy even on Hard.

i didn't think you could be anymore disgusting but once again you prove me wrong

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_

@mems_1224 said:
@silversix_ said:

i didn't think you could be anymore disgusting but once again you prove me wrong

Well, i didn't play the original and the rest were shittier than this one.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@mems_1224 said:
@silversix_ said:

yeah only old farts like myself played the original. The original was a great game and by far better than the versions of today... for its time. Side by side with deus ex hr and md in todays 2017, it pales in comparison, the graphics are just too old to compete.

Of course gameplay, story, rpg mechanics are still better, but looking at those graphics my eyes hurt.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Funny you should say that, I finished human revolution yesterday too. Having not played it for a few years, I decided to completed it on "give me deus ex" difficulty, with no alarms and not to kill anyone (glitched achievement), and it reminded me why it was one of my favourite games from last gen. Next onto mankind divided

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silversix_

@commander said:
@silversix_ said:
@mems_1224 said:
@silversix_ said:

yeah only old farts like myself played the original.

i got the game too late. if i had a pc when it came out, i would've played it but i got the game in around 2008 and it was already incredibly outdated. Still have the game but i can't play it, too archaic. if they do a complete remaster, tho, day one for sure.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By commander

@silversix_ said:
@commander said:
@silversix_ said:
@mems_1224 said:

yeah only old farts like myself played the original.

i got the game too late. if i had a pc when it came out, i would've played it but i got the game in around 2008 and it was already incredibly outdated. Still have the game but i can't play it, too archaic. if they do a complete remaster, tho, day one for sure.

Yeah that what was I added with my first reply, but you ninja quoting skills were too fast for me. A lot has changed since then, the game didn't even have any shaders or physics. Not to mention the bland worlds and textures, it was revolutionary back then though, one of the best games I've ever played.

I didn't play mankind divided yet though, I really should, hr wasn't bad at all, but I expected a lot more from it. I wrote a review about it quite some time ago, if you would bother to read it, could you tell me if a lot has changed.

http://www.gamespot.com/deus-ex-human-revolution/user-reviews/2200-569189/

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Its dissapointing compare to HR. its second worse deus ex game after invisible wars.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Its dissapointing compare to HR. its second worse deus ex game after invisible wars.

The original Dues Ex is a bad game in almost every respect. It should be lauded for being innovative, but every entry after it (including Invisible War) was better.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 silversix_

@ghosts4ever said:

You crazy. HR had nothing on MD. Searching for your wife 3/4th of the game with visuals from 2006 is not what i'd call a great game and certainly not better than MD. I feel like most people that bash MD have probably tunnel visioned the main story and haven't done many side quests because they were as good as it gets in a game.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 commander

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

The original Dues Ex is a bad game in almost every respect. It should be lauded for being innovative, but every entry after it (including Invisible War) was better.

you thought invisible war was better? Even with the better graphics it was nowhere near the original.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup

@commander said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

you thought invisible war was better? Even with the better graphics it was nowhere near the original.

Dues Ex has more depth, Invisible War being streamlined for consoles. But that's about it.

Everything else is better. By modern day standards Dues Ex is fairly embarrassing.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By commander

@uninspiredcup said:
@commander said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Dues Ex has more depth, Invisible War being streamlined for consoles. But that's about it.

Everything else is better. By modern day standards Dues Ex is fairly embarrassing.

Yeah but that is because the graphics are so old, invisible war isn't much better.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

The original Deus Ex is one of the greatest game of all time. yes its dated nowadays but come on. it was ahead of its time when it was released. I played it before anticipated of HR and it end up my fav game of all time

Invisible wars was complete trash and only game i never completed. HR was amazing and return of Deus Ex. then MD ruined it again. MD was ok game. but invisible wars 2.0.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@silversix_: You mention the side quests and I have to agree. It's one of the best parts of the game. Love how they relate so much to the wold and enrich the main story.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Yup, it's my GOTY 2016! SHame neither did it sell that much or received much critical praise.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

am I the only one who doesn't like these games I played it but I didn't like it one bit.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I tried to play it, and I just can't get passed the second mission out of boredom.

I loved HM but this one seems off to me..

ALso it's horribly optimised for consoles, should have bought it for PC but if I look at the Steam reviews then it's even worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#20 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

The original Deus Ex is one of the greatest game of all time. yes its dated nowadays but come on. it was ahead of its time when it was released. I played it before anticipated of HR and it end up my fav game of all time

Invisible wars was complete trash and only game i never completed. HR was amazing and return of Deus Ex. then MD ruined it again. MD was ok game. but invisible wars 2.0.

I'm sorry but as much as Deus Ex deserves its praise for being a good game of the past, the recent entries are way better games and not because of graphics.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Was stoked to get it for $15 from Best Buy a few weeks back. Thoroughly enjoying it currently.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Mankind Divided was great and on par with HR, in my opinion. Here's hoping for another sequel.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#23 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

It was a decent game with some great level design, but I found the writing and setting bland and the gameplay a bit stiff.

the visuals are just as dated relative to 2016 as HR's were relative to 2011. I felt like HR had larger and elaborate levels and more of a gameplay focus, MD had a few of these bigger areas but a lot of side quests involved just as much talking as gameplay, and the conversations/characters were just not that interesting for the most part imo.

I liked Dishonored 2 a good deal more, its gameplay is more fluid and the levels are larger and more fleshed out

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@silversix_ said:

... Your statement says more about your self than it does the guy you are commenting.. I mean really? Disgusted? Its a freaking video game, in less it was about some extremely questionable material why in the hell of all emotions would you feel that about which game they liked? That being said I feel like the mechanics of MD are amazing improvements from what little I played so far, HR bothered me to no end with the gameplay when you are looking at the fact you are some kind of biomechanical super soldier.. But have to chow down on cereal bars because apparently you need the energy to take down a low level drug addict.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

It was a great game.. i think i slightly like HR more though.. I hope it did well enough to get another sequel to finish off Jensen's story

PureGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PureGamer
Member since 2016 • 47 Posts

Still haven't bought it. bought HR February 2016 and started it and completed it in September. Had a lot of fun with it despite me not being into FPS games, look forward to getting this one soon.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27  Edited By supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

**** you, if you can get over the hump of 'muh grafix' the original deus ex nails adventure gameplay in every respect

the level of detail in writing and npc interactions, the totally different and legitimate ways to tackle a problem and the music are all flawless

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Definitely an awesome game... however I preferred the story from Human Revolution.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By uninspiredcup

@supa_badman said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

**** you, if you can get over the hump of 'muh grafix' the original deus ex nails adventure gameplay in every respect

the level of detail in writing and npc interactions, the totally different and legitimate ways to tackle a problem and the music are all flawless

Large open fields of nothing, AI that can't see 3 feet in front of it, hits that sometimes will and sometimes won't register, extremely racist and homophobic interpretations of characters, skills that do not balance or reward properly, terrible boss fights. Terrible animations. Written by Alex Jones.

Metal Gear Solid was much better, the fact the series is now trying desperately to imitate it says it all.

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

Yah it was a great game. I really enjoyed it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_

Jensen was also much better in MD. I really didn't like him in HR but he grew on me with MD.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ZombieProof
Member since 2016 • 359 Posts

I LOVED Mankind Divided. Hands down the smoothest and most graceful gameplay of the entire Deus Ex series for one. As for the story, while the plot may not have been as intricate as the originals or Human Revolution, it was told as well if not better than those. The characters are a step up as well.

I also love the cultural and social analogies contained within the game. I got chills when I'd first landed in Golem City and bore witness firsthand to the oppression of the people relocated there. The environmental design, passing dialogue, and tone of Golem are only a few examples of the amazing world building contained within, there are tons nuanced bits of story strewn about every inch of game play.

I'm glad the myth of the games short length turned out to be false. It actually took me longer to complete Mankind Divided than it took me to beat Human Revolution. It helped that the side quests were all high quality and added so much to the overall experience, another step up from it's predecessors.

A truly great game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever

@zombieproof said:

I LOVED Mankind Divided. Hands down the smoothest and most graceful gameplay of the entire Deus Ex series for one. As for the story, while the plot may not have been as intricate as the originals or Human Revolution, it was told as well if not better than those. The characters are a step up as well.

I also love the cultural and social analogies contained within the game. I got chills when I'd first landed in Golem City and bore witness firsthand to the oppression of the people that were relocated there. That's only one example of the amazing world building contained within, there are tons nuanced bits of story strewn about every inch of game play.

I'm glad the myth of the games short length turned out to be false. It actually took me longer to complete Mankind Divided than it took me to beat Human Revolution. It helped that the side quests were all high quality and added so much to the overall experience, another step up from it's predecessors.

A truly great game.

Bieng short is not problem my friend. having no variety is.

HR has tons of variety. while MD set in only one location and one hub.

this is DLC of HR that released 6 years later.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ZombieProof

@ghosts4ever:

@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

I also love the cultural and social analogies contained within the game. I got chills when I'd first landed in Golem City and bore witness firsthand to the oppression of the people that were relocated there. That's only one example of the amazing world building contained within, there are tons nuanced bits of story strewn about every inch of game play.

A truly great game.

Hmmm...the more you reply to my experiences with the game, the more positive I grow that you haven't played it and are only parroting shit you've heard off of the internet. Nothing of what you've written reads like an anecdotal impression of someone who's actually played it (none of it ever does).

Stop wasting my time B-Cell.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@zombieproof said:

@ghosts4ever:

@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

A truly great game.

Hmmm...the more you reply to my experiences with the game, the more positive I grow that you haven't played it and are only parroting shit you've heard off of the internet. Nothing of what you've written reads like an anecdotal impression of someone who's actually played it (none of it ever does).

I have played and beat the game actually. its a good game. Much better than witcher 3 crap but also disappointing too.

I just wish it would be bigger. original deus ex has insane amount of location to explore and mankind divided is only set on prague (dubai in prologue only). and thats it.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ZombieProof

@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

@ghosts4ever:

@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

A truly great game.

"I have played and beat the game actually. its a good game."

No impression that you've ever given regarding this game makes this ring true. Sorry, I just don't believe you.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

@ghosts4ever:

@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

A truly great game.

I have played and beat the game actually. its a good game. Much better than witcher 3 crap but also disappointing too.

I just wish it would be bigger. original deus ex has insane amount of location to explore and mankind divided is only set on prague (dubai in prologue only). and thats it.

Oh look,another game you haven't played

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Already addressed innovation as something worthy of praise, doesn't make it a good game.

Invisible Wars may be heavily streamlined, but in it's confines it's objectively better in multiple regards.

PC gamers like to bash it, as they do with many console related things because it makes them feel big, Invisible War is pretty far from the worst game ever, comparative to many newer games it is pretty good.

Dues Ex comparative to modern games is terrible. Even just looking above at a completely unrelated post we can see a younger gamer address this.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ghosts4ever

@zombieproof said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

@ghosts4ever:

@ghosts4ever said:
@zombieproof said:

A truly great game.

"I have played and beat the game actually. its a good game."

No impression that you've ever given regarding this game makes this ring true. Sorry, I just don't believe you.

I never said its a bad game. its good game. but could be better. square enix ruined it. it suppose to be one big game. that cut into half for sequel bait. that shitty corporate greed practice is what i hate.

Deus Ex is indeed one of my fav franchise ever. and i really hope next game will be something different.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#41 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I actually found it disappointing. Yes, its a great game but thats only because it feels exactlty the same as HR wich already was a great game. MD though... I felt it did nothing noticeably new

Its just more of the same

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@supa_badman said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Large open fields of nothing, AI that can't see 3 feet in front of it, hits that sometimes will and sometimes won't register, extremely racist and homophobic interpretations of characters, skills that do not balance or reward properly, terrible boss fights. Terrible animations. Written by Alex Jones.

Metal Gear Solid was much better, the fact the series is now trying desperately to imitate it says it all.

"ai cant see 3 feet"

"MGS was much better"

yeah, nah man.

but in response to others, your hits was dependent on your skill level, the racist interpretations are literally products of their time and can't be helped and skills are still all very viable options but some help more than others. that's not necessarily a fault of the game's balance but rather your own playstyle and wanting some handholding on where to go and do. deus ex subverts that modern trope

the bad boss fights argument is also total bullcrap because you can technically go through the whole game without fighting absolutely anyone.

animations is a technical issue that i more or less concede

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

I was very excited for HR but for some reason I lost interest, probably because I heard the real-time shooting mechanics were not very smooth. This game looks interesting, may get it later on Amazon.