Destruction AllStars is pretty fun - will it be a big hit for Sony?

• 53 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44936 Posts

The game launched today, and I played a bunch of matches this morning. I'm really liking it so far. I see the potential for it to be a big hit since it's free on PS+. Could end up like a Fall Guys type of situation. What do you think, SW? Will you be checking this game out? Have you played it yet? Did you enjoy it?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38110 Posts

Will try it out tonight. No demon's souls for a day wow.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

I've only done the tutorial; it's promising so far.

The things that standout to me are 1) it doesn't have any in match music and 2) I expected a lot more vibration / haptics.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I've only done the tutorial; it's promising so far.

The things that standout to me are 1) it doesn't have any in match music and 2) I expected a lot more vibration / haptics.

Yea, I agree, I think it's promising and over time they can make updates like what you mentioned. I hope they make the driving a little more like Burnout style. It feels a bit tight for me.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17400 Posts

Kind of reminded me of Bleeding Edge, in that it was some studio's side project that they just decided to release.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69083 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

Kind of reminded me of Bleeding Edge, in that it was some studio's side project that they just decided to release.

Let us hope it is not abandoned like Bleeding Edge.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

I played it for a while. It's alright. There's a lot of personality in the character animations, but it needs some music overall. The matches are too quiet (sans online idiots) without it.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9475 Posts

I was looking forward to this game for a long time and I actually didn't like it much at all. It reminds me of Fall Guys in the sense there is a lot going on but not actually a lot of substance. That said the similarities between the two games for me don't end there, there is also a large luck factor, staying out of action is actually smarter most of the time, only one decent game mode (in my opinion), and it has too many distractions.

I think the game will score mostly in the 6's and 7's with a meta around 64-79 (15 point gap). If I'm wrong then I'll admit it. For me however it just isn't what I was looking for... I'll revisit the game from time to time to see if they are making improvements but for now it feels incomplete to me and seems as though it could have used a few more months in the oven. It's almost like they have 50 half baked ideas and it feels incongruent rather than 20 well thought out and properly executed ideas. When people are mostly staying out of their cars and avoiding gameplay to win the BR game mode and sit back and wait for abilities to charge up in Carnado... well that really only leaves Mayhem and it is a single player mode which will not have any staying power overall.

This game will die fast unless they add things and add them fast. Hopefully this is just a precursor of things to come, but at this point and time it's a swing and a miss... at least for me. Oh well, I guess I'll be getting Atelier after all, which is cool since I can help my wife play through that. Disappointed to say the least, but didn't really know what to expect going in.. so it's all good. Needless to say, I would have been pretty pissed if I spent $70 on the game in the state it's currently in... although I am happy for those of you who like it.

For now I give the game an overall score (taking everything the game has to offer and scoring it on a universal scale) of 7 and a personal score (my personal feelings and enjoyment of the game) of 4.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7048 Posts

Downloading now. I will be playing it tonight. Control has my attention first and game genie. Might get my vr out to play it.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

Free, sure I'll try it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7180 Posts

It has a chance as it's free but doubt it'll have the short term impact fall guys had.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Cow likes Playstation exclusive, more at 11.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@WitIsWisdom: I didn't play the Battle Royal mode, just Carnado. It seems like a game where you can just shut off your brain and just have fun for a few short matches at a time.

@i_p_daily said:

Lems had a 500 post thread about a Game Pass game lol.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7201 Posts

Hope so. Car combat is a genre that needs to go mainstream again.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

Are you talking about the thread in which Sony fannies lost their mind about The Medium?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidGame_basic: and over 400 of the posts were from you & your fellow cows damage controlling & having meltdowns over it 🤣🤣🤣

Oh and you're constantly shilling anything that is exclusive to PS, never once heard you sad a bad word about any exclusive on PS.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic

@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: and over 400 of the posts were from you & your fellow cows damage controlling & having meltdowns over it 🤣🤣🤣

Oh and you're constantly shilling anything that is exclusive to PS, never once heard you sad a bad word about any exclusive on PS.

I disagree, I said TLOU 2 wasn't my GOTY, and that they screwed up with the story and how we were forced to play a character most people didn't like. I still like the actual gameplay and the AI in that game is incredible.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Looks pretty stupid tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Among Us is going to step on this game. This is not blowing up Solid stop it you and I both know this.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

These are the type of exclusives I'd rather see. Not movie games that are over in a couple hours with no replayability. This game looks to be more in the direction of what I am interested in. But, one game isn't enough for me to buy a Playstation. They need more.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts
@getyeryayasout said:

By the time there are enough PS5's in homes to sustain a game like this, the bloom will likely be off the rose.

And that right there is a good reason why console manufacturers need to do more to stop scalpers. So that enough actual gamers possess their consoles to actually play their games in order to support them and help them grow. As you said, it'll be old news by time most people get a chance to play it.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 2995 Posts

Played it for about an hour. Super shallow. Definitely the right move putting it on psn plus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidGame_basic: Saying a game is not your GOTY, they screwed up the story, and make you play a character you don't like, then saying you like the gameplay and the AI is incredible, just proves my point.

You simply can't point out the negatives, you need to point out the parts you like also.

What i truly mean is that you can't dislike a whole game from Sony.

Me, i don't like Halo or Gears, simple as that, no need for me to point out any good parts, i just don't like them period.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Looks like crap to be honest, dunno if I'll even try it.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@i_p_daily: You’re basically a wooden nipple that won’t smile on tax day.

MakotoNiijima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MakotoNiijima
Member since 2020 • 121 Posts

Looks like a PS3 game with PS4 graphics.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Game play looks fun.

If it wasn't free, what do you think the price of the game would have retailed for? I am thinking $30

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WitIsWisdom

@SolidGame_basic said:

@WitIsWisdom: I didn't play the Battle Royal mode, just Carnado. It seems like a game where you can just shut off your brain and just have fun for a few short matches at a time.

@i_p_daily said:

I can't deny that it is just that. I was looking for something a little more competitive and was left searching for it. It is definitely lighthearted and just a lesson in over the top silliness which is another reason why I compared it so heavily to Fall Guys.

if I look at it like Fall Guys or Among Us and keep it all smiles all the time it's much easier to swallow. I'm playing it with my kids right now and they seem to like it... lol. I'm coming around on these types of games, but I'm just so damn competitive that they also piss me off that they don't feel more connected to a skill based platform and more one of mass chaos and everyone having an equal chance each game. My family is doing me well by dealing with the anger it causes me.. lol.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WitIsWisdom
@regnaston said:

Game play looks fun.

If it wasn't free, what do you think the price of the game would have retailed for? I am thinking $30

At this point in time it would be highway robbery imo to charge over $29.99 and I think it was a great move for them to put it on ps+ or the game might have been DOA. It isn't terrible, it just doesn't have a lot of depth or strategy. I was looking for a more competitive Rocket League like experience and was left with a bull in a china cabinet simulator. It's pretty much just shut your brain down and crash into shit... lol. I guess if I was high as hell it would be a lot more fun.

Games like this remind me that it's ok to not take everything so seriously and I do try to have fun with them... but when I'm thinking of playing other games the entire time or not truly enjoying my time with a game the first couple times I play it that's usually more than a bit of a red flag. I can see how other people would really enjoy this game, but I think it's going to be another play a few times and delete like Fall Guys personally.

I see plenty of potential, but it feels as though they were aiming for a younger audience. Maybe they can still turn that around though... If this game scores above mid 70's then I guess I just don't get it. For a AA, over the top, 10 minutes to sit and play game I see what it's trying to do. For anything more than that though... I'm just not so sure. If the critics disagree with me then like I said, I guess I just don't get what they were going for. I was really looking forward to this game though, so perhaps I'm being overly critical though.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Either it becomes a permanent stay as long as you're a Plus member or completely F2P otherwise it won't have legs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@sheevpalpamemes said:

No idea what the hell you're saying, but you do come up with some dumb shit, so this post isn't surprising.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:
@sheevpalpamemes said:

No idea what the hell you're saying, but you do come up with some dumb shit, so this post isn't surprising.

LOL IP is a wooden nipple 🤣Never heard that "insult", but i like it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen
@regnaston said:

Game play looks fun.

If they charge money, these games should never cost more than UNO. $9.99 is what would make sense. Charge $30+ and it will never be big and servers will be empty 2 weeks after launch.

DrSerigala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DrSerigala
Member since 2018 • 208 Posts

Try the game, it fun but get bored quickly after 2-3 hours after tutorial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sheevpalpamemes said:

LOL IP is a wooden nipple 🤣Never heard that "insult", but i like it.

You understand stupid, that also doesn't surprise me LOL.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

It won't. Now I see why they gave it free for PS+

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@WitIsWisdom said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@i_p_daily said:

I can't deny that it is just that. I was looking for something a little more competitive and was left searching for it. It is definitely lighthearted and just a lesson in over the top silliness which is another reason why I compared it so heavily to Fall Guys.

if I look at it like Fall Guys or Among Us and keep it all smiles all the time it's much easier to swallow. I'm playing it with my kids right now and they seem to like it... lol. I'm coming around on these types of games, but I'm just so damn competitive that they also piss me off that they don't feel more connected to a skill based platform and more one of mass chaos and everyone having an equal chance each game. My family is doing me well by dealing with the anger it causes me.. lol.

Funny that you mention coming around to it. I felt that way too. Originally it felt kind of stiff to me, but the more I played it, the more I got used to it. Glad that you enjoyed it with your family! Can definitely see it being a fun family game. Hopefully the game will evolve and get better, and at least Sony did the right thing and made it free to play. Should be interesting to see what happens.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

I watched some videos at found it pretty boring. It is nowhere near as engaging as Rocket League. The game has some interesting mechanics but the car combat is just really stale.

lol Cows mock lems and Microsoft for Bleeding Edge and gamepass filler yet are hyped for this Playstation Plus filler.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@NoodleFighter said:

I watched some videos at found it pretty boring. It is nowhere near as engaging as Rocket League. The game has some interesting mechanics but the car combat is just really stale.

lol Cows mock lems and Microsoft for Bleeding Edge and gamepass filler yet are hyped for this Playstation Plus filler.

Somethings never change. 😁

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Pedro said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Somethings never change. 😁

and meanwhile im racking 100's of hours in Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart, Yoshi Island, Super Metroid, Mario 3, Zelda 1, Pilotwings, Tetris 99 and super punchout on Nintendo Switch Online service which 40 dollars cheaper than the Garbage XBL Gold and PS+

I don't want to play Portals Knights microsoft or farming simulator sony. I think ill stick AAA epic SNES games and tetris 99 for cheaper than your garbage offerings. But thats just me im having a blast playing a ton of hours I dunno what you guys are doing tho I really don't are you playing those 60 dollar garbage free titles or what?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

this game is trash.

i was going to make a thread called flopstation lamestars :P

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Since so many people were interested in the Metacritic score for the Medium, I assume you all would want to know the score for this game too

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

After playing it some more, I think I'm done with it. There's not enough there to sustain my interest. This game probably could have used a few months more in the oven. Sony may as well make this F2P, because it's not worth the full price.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic

@BenjaminBanklin said:

After playing it some more, I think I'm done with it. There's not enough there to sustain my interest. This game probably could have used a few months more in the oven. Sony may as well make this F2P, because it's not worth the full price.

It's definitely the type of game that I'll play here and there, for a few short time or so, when I need my fix lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Sorry man, according to metacritic you are not allowed to enjoy the game. I hope you understand.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

Oof!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SolidGame_basic

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@SolidGame_basic: Sorry man, according to metacritic you are not allowed to enjoy the game. I hope you understand.

Right now it's at 71 so it might score higher than the super hyped The Medium 😆

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I think the minimum by law is 80. I don't make the rules.