DESTINY multiplayer hype?? where is it??? (new footage)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#1 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

as we all know the campaign looks boring as **** but what i am interested in is the competitive multiplayer because bungie have made one of my fav multiplayer game halo 3. destiny looks like it is halo on steds, dont know if this is good or bad at this point. here is article that goes more in depth, now there are some things i dont like the sound of at all.

1. competitive multiplayer has to be unlocked by playing campaign = wtf bungie u shitheads

2. super powers meter fills up and depending on ur class u have a super move = this is fukin bullshit, too much inconsistencies which ruins multiplayer experience

3. weapons unlocked from campaign carry over = seriously wtf?? everyone should start on an even playing field, I DONT WANT TO PLAY CAMPAIGN MODE WHY ARE U FORCING ME TO???

4. i dont like the aiming down sights at all, they should make it more like halo and remove this bs

#2 Edited by NFJSupreme (6559 posts) -

maybe this isn't the game for you then. Or wait for the new Halo if that is what you want.

#3 Edited by Daious (2315 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

maybe this isn't the game for you then.

this.

Bungie is a very talented developer. Their Halos were amazing.

I trust. I believe.

I also can't imagine any MMO that doesn't let you use your own gear in PvP. That would be terrible.

#4 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

This has to be the most generic game of all time. Takes traits from every popular game you can think of and mashes them up.

#5 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

maybe this isn't the game for you then. Or wait for the new Halo if that is what you want.

halo is shit now as well because of all the bs bungie introduced in halo reach. there is no good multiplayer games anymore

#6 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

Wrong thread.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
#7 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3347 posts) -

Looks like COD.

#8 Posted by MrYaotubo (2880 posts) -

It looks pretty unimpressive and fairly generic,and looking at the GB video it fells like it could be any F2P FPS.

#9 Posted by Daious (2315 posts) -

I still hype this game AAA.

Has bungie made a non-AAA game in the last 10 years?

#10 Edited by NFJSupreme (6559 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

halo is shit now as well because of all the bs bungie introduced in halo reach. there is no good multiplayer games anymore

So you are a Halo kid who thinks only Halo is good multiplayer. Master Chief Collection is calling your name. For the record though why do you think Bungie stopped making Halo? Because of Halo fans like you who just wanted the same game over and over again. They actually wanted to do a different game. If you don't want this different game don't worry, MS is still making Halo. But if you are expecting Halo from this new IP then don't even bother buying it.

#11 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Looks like COD.

i wouldnt go that far, this still looks worth playing just some features i dont like the sound of

@daious said:

halo reach? complete shit

@NFJSupreme said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

So you are a Halo kid who thinks only Halo is good multiplayer. Master Chief Collection is calling your name. For the record though why would you think Bungie stopped making Halo? Because of Halo fans like you who just wanted the same game over and over again. They actually wanted to do a different game. If you don't want this different game don't worry, MS is still making Halo. But if you are expecting Halo from this new IP then don't even bother buying it.

halo is one of my fav multiplayer game, the others are bad company 2, gears of war 1 & 3 (2 was a complete shit fest) and team fortress 2 is also fun. halo 2/3 formula was pretty much perfect so i dont see the need to change it, just release new maps/guns and make it look better. yeah i hope next halo goes back to its roots and releases along with x1 slim

#12 Edited by NFJSupreme (6559 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Looks like COD.

i wouldnt go that far, this still looks worth playing just some features i dont like the sound of

@daious said:

halo reach? complete shit

@NFJSupreme said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

So you are a Halo kid who thinks only Halo is good multiplayer. Master Chief Collection is calling your name. For the record though why would you think Bungie stopped making Halo? Because of Halo fans like you who just wanted the same game over and over again. They actually wanted to do a different game. If you don't want this different game don't worry, MS is still making Halo. But if you are expecting Halo from this new IP then don't even bother buying it.

halo is one of my fav multiplayer game, the others are bad company 2, gears of war 1 & 3 (2 was a complete shit fest) and team fortress 2 is also fun. halo 2/3 formula was pretty much perfect so i dont see the need to change it, just release new maps/guns and make it look better. yeah i hope next halo goes back to its roots and releases along with x1 slim

but why are you upset at Destiny for not being Halo though? That I don't understand. Master Chief Collection seems like it is everything you ever wanted. Halo 2 and Halo CE multiplayer online. I'm more excited for halo CE online. this alone could be a system seller for me down the line. Halo 2 was cool. Halo 3 was better multiplayer than Halo 2 imo (I know I'm in the minority on this but whatever) but Halo CE is THE halo multiplayer experience. When I think halo I think pistol and I think tsk. I think a shotgun that was useful. I think rockets that took skill. Halo as always been about shooting, grenades, and beatdowns imo. The rest of the Halos after this strayed from this formula. But as much as I love Halo I will break my disk if I bought Destiny and it was Halo MMO.

#13 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@NFJSupreme: i dont want it to be exactly the same but just the core features the same. and because this looks similar to halo i have a feeling those super power stuff just wont work because armour abilities never worked for halo. maybe they get it right this time but i doubt it, it will just create too much balance problems

#14 Posted by Couth_ (10369 posts) -

Looks neat. Can't wait to try the Alpha

#15 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

campaign is co-op so there's your multiplayer, and why shouldn't your weapons unlock carry over? you worked for them...

Don't want to play campaign? go fucking play cod. Cod should just 100% ditch their SP and give people few more maps that they copy and paste from the SP

#16 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

campaign is co-op so there's your multiplayer, and why shouldn't your weapons unlock carry over? you worked for them...

Don't want to play campaign? go fucking play cod. Cod should just 100% ditch their SP and give people few more maps that they copy and paste from the SP

lol co-op who cares about that shit? not me, and weapons shouldnt carry over because of multiplayer balance. u worked for them in campaign so they should stay there

bungie games main strength is their multiplayer, there is a reason halo2/3 were the most popular game on xbl so if they are making a new game then they are expected to carry that tradition on especially if it just another fps

#17 Edited by Draign (1821 posts) -

Bungie is not giving enough details about Destiny. Im sure its going to be one of those moments like the first time you awake as Master Chief in the combat evolved. What are the chances they will be able to capture that moment again? Its been done.

#18 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@k2theswiss said:

lol co-op who cares about that shit? not me, and weapons shouldnt carry over because of multiplayer balance. u worked for them in campaign so they should stay there

bungie games main strength is their multiplayer, there is a reason halo2/3 were the most popular game on xbl so if they are making a new game then they are expected to carry that tradition on especially if it just another fps

if you haven't notice games are becoming more one of with themselves where everything is together.

balance can still be there no matter where the guns come from

Sounds to me you only like games like cod where you are locked in a 4 wall square box that everyone runs around shooting at each other mindlessly with the same shit gun.

Well let me tell you destiny is not the game for you.

#19 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@k2theswiss said:

if you haven't notice games are becoming more one of with themselves where everything is together.

balance can still be there no matter where the guns come from

Sounds to me you only like games like cod where you are locked in a 4 wall square box that everyone runs around shooting at each other mindlessly with the same shit gun.

Well let me tell you destiny is not the game for you.

no i dont like cod at all, never bought a cod game ever. and yes it can be the game for me because they have competitive multiplayer, if they wanted to create a boring game where people waste hundreds of hours grinding for stuff then they wouldnt have made a multiplayer mode. if u dont want to play multiplayer then dont play it, just stick to the campaign but since they are making multiplayer mode they better do it right

#20 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

TC your cow card is revoked

#21 Posted by gago-gago (12050 posts) -

I hope this doesn't suffer from the Sony first person shooter curse since Sony are sucking up Bungie.

#22 Posted by PonchoTaco (3185 posts) -

Looks like any other FPS that was announced at E3.

#23 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

My hype for this game has almost completely vanished. And its funny because half a year ago this was my most anticipated title even more so than Dark Souls 2...

#24 Edited by -Blasphemy- (3358 posts) -

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Looks like COD.

didnt see anything impressive have no idea why this dude is so hyped for this game

#25 Edited by OhSnapitz (19277 posts) -

@daious said:

Yes.. it's called destiny.

#26 Edited by gago-gago (12050 posts) -

I was watching the GS stage demo and I think the Bungie guy said that 6 versus 6 is their sweet spot for multiplayer. I'm not sure if they're saying multiplayer will be 6v6 but Bungie should be worried PS4 fans or cows might not like that like they didn't like Titanfall being 6v6 lol.

#27 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Bungie's heads may have gotten too big. If they think they can't screw up just because they have a $500 million budget, they are wrong. Dead wrong.

#28 Edited by hello505 (462 posts) -

Gameplay looks hella fun, more so than cod or halo. The fact that they force you play SP, clearly shows they put time into it and want you to experience it at all costs. I actually believe if this was a campaign exclusive game, it'd be getting praise due to the bias against multiplayer-orientated games.

#29 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

My hype for this game has almost completely vanished. And its funny because half a year ago this was my most anticipated title even more so than Dark Souls 2...

time can kill a game well thats what happens to me. They showed off quit a bit last year even gameplay then turned around and pushed to next e3 kinda killed my hype. With that said all these trailers for games that is set for 2015+ with other e3 behind them kinda pisses me off.

#30 Posted by Sollet (8075 posts) -

Can't wait for this game to be released and shut up the haters :)

#31 Edited by iwasgood2u (831 posts) -

It is cod: sci-fi warfare but was renamed to destiny. May end up as an average shooter but I will keep my eye on it and hope it becomes a big hit after release. If it plays too much like halo then I will skip it. Ive played halo before and its not my kind of fps

#32 Posted by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

It's going to sale. No competition in this drought of games for "next-gens." It does look very generic.

#33 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

I hope this doesn't suffer from the Sony first person shooter curse since Sony are sucking up Bungie.

didn't titanfall flop on X1?

#34 Posted by Dead-Memories (6587 posts) -

the multiplayer is going to be unbalanced as fuckkkk

you'd be foolish to think this was even remotely close to a primary focus of their game. You want to get your Halo fix? wait for Guardians

#35 Posted by Nightflash28 (2344 posts) -

As others have pointed out already, then game is clearly not for you, TC.

It also seems to me you never played an MMO before if you complain that your weapons from 'single player' (If you can call it that) carry over to the arena fights. That's pretty common in this type of game.

If you want Halo, go get Halo. The rest of us that want Destiny are glad that you're not in charge of designing this game.

#36 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (12480 posts) -

Lol, that arctic map with that futuristic sled looks like a rip-off of the one that was in Halo!

#37 Posted by sts106mat (24249 posts) -

consider the TC apparently isn't a cow and doesn't own a PS4....I think we can safely say "Troll thread"

#38 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@Dead-Memories said:

you'd be foolish to think this was even remotely close to a primary focus of their game. You want to get your Halo fix? wait for Guardians

problem is halo 5 is going to suck just as bad as destiny judging from the multiplayer trailer they showed. it has the same shit, u can body slam, slide and all that crap.

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Lol, that arctic map with that futuristic sled looks like a rip-off of the one that was in Halo!

good! halo 1-3 has good maps, they should copy their own work some more

@sts106mat said:

consider the TC apparently isn't a cow and doesn't own a PS4....I think we can safely say "Troll thread"

?? wat now

#39 Posted by fgjnfgh (2650 posts) -

2 things get me hyped, a new pokemon game and an FPS space game

#40 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -

Nah, it looks dull. However, the Alpha is coming so if the gunplay is top notch, I can dig it.

#41 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6607 posts) -

@Dead-Memories said:

Having played WOW, i can see this happening. The game has raids, levels, weapons and powers obtained from the single player PVE part that carry over. This may end up being just like WOW's, and most mmorpgs, battlegrounds and arenas.

Players who grind PVE to hell will obtain the most powerfull gear and destroy any lower level players. Unless the power creep is low, there's a match making system, or something to prevent this, i can see a hugely unbalanced PVP game. And frustrated players.