getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 12600 Posts

Who else has jumped back into Destiny 2 lately, only to find that the entire franchise has essentially been soft rebooted? It seems that now with Activision out of the way, Bungie is free to put out Destiny the way it had always envisioned, and it's terrific.

If you never tried it or haven't played it in a while, I strongly recommend giving it a spin now that it's gone F2P. Don't cheat yourself, treat yourself.

Now that Bungie has assumed full control of the Destiny franchise, will you be jumping in?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 54002 Posts

I just downloaded it on Steam, but have yet to jump into the game. Busy with Breakpoint (which is meh,) but i'll dip after that.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5101 Posts

I need to do the battlenet transfer, but I'm wanting to jump back in and check it out

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 13936 Posts

Been playing consistently since Forsaken last year, which was the actual reboot. Shadowkeep is more of an iteration, an attempt to evolve the franchise to more strongly adopt a numbers-centric MMO approach.

My opinion is somewhat mixed, but I may come around as I hit the light soft cap (currently at 932). Story content is still bait and utterly underwhelming, but blitz through it and get to the endgame and you start to experience the beat of what Bungie has been aiming toward.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44549 Posts

I might give it a go. I find looter-shooters fairly boring and tedious (I don't really get a boner for epic loot and find the gameplay pretty shallow), but I seriously wanted to like Destiny 2.

How has it been "soft rebooted"? What major or significant minor changes have been made?

@drlostrib said:

I need to do the battlenet transfer, but I'm wanting to jump back in and check it out

Yeah how does that work? Does Bungie have its own launcher now?

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12833 Posts

No thanks, not even for free lol.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 3188 Posts

It's a blast, innit?

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1045 Posts

Game is a joke. Play it for more than a few hours and you will see.

It's just a fucking hamster wheel.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24447 Posts

I tried. Hated it. Found it soulless and shallow. Then when they gave it out for free, I tried it some more and got a better picture of how the game is. Hated it even more. It's one of the worst games I've played - ever, I believe. I mean, it's not broken. It's just so, so boring.

Kinda agree with the dude above me. It's a joke of game.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#10 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

It seems that now with Activision out of the way, Bungie is free to put out Destiny the way it had always envisioned, and it's terrific.

How so?

I've played about 25 hours of Shadowkeep in the last week and I see little to no difference, aside from the fact I was locked out of the game for the first 8 hours of release.

I love showing the proverbial finger to big corporations as much as anybody, but unless you are able to point to something specific and tangible, I don't believe we'll feel a difference this early in the split.

The 20 bucks armour ornament on offer at Eververse certainly didn't scream independence to me.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18479 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

Who else has jumped back into Destiny 2 lately, only to find that the entire franchise has essentially been soft rebooted? It seems that now with Activision out of the way, Bungie is free to put out Destiny the way it had always envisioned, and it's terrific.

If you never tried it or haven't played it in a while, I strongly recommend giving it a spin now that it's gone F2P. Don't cheat yourself, treat yourself.

Now that Bungie has assumed full control of the Destiny franchise, will you be jumping in?

I've heard it's free to play and contains most of the dlc. Just shows you how terrible places like Activision and EA truly are. I wouldn't have touched destiny again, now I'm thinking of jumping back in.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 9787 Posts

The game feels like playing any other online shooter, only except it's against bots.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9673 Posts

as someone who loves Borderlands and likes the Division games, I have never been able to get into Destiny (1 or 2)

haven't really tried 2 since launch so I might give this another try eventually but i'm not optimistic

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5101 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@drlostrib said:

Yeah how does that work? Does Bungie have its own launcher now?

Well Destiny 2 is on steam, so I think it's basically you connect your B.Net account to a bungie account and then connect that to your steam account. I think you have to do the same to transfer characters between platforms as well

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3493 Posts

So when are we gonna get a group together to play Destiny 2?