Destiny 2 players in full revolt, flooding Bungie forums with threads demanding removal of Eververse

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Have you guys seen this?

Basically, Eververse is Destiny 2's real-money loot box store, and apparently they are having a holiday event, which is turning out to be nothing more than an attempt to railroad people into buying engrams (Destiny 2's loot boxes). People saw through this blatant greed, and are in full revolt, as you can see here. Here's a PC Gamer article with a few more details if you want them.

Oh, this is glorious. After the fantastically entertaining Battlefront II train wreck, this is like my second Christmas, Carnival and Oktoberfest all rolled into one. Sweetest of sweet schadenfreude.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts
@madrocketeer said:

Have you guys seen this?

Basically, Eververse is Destiny 2's real-money loot box store, and apparently they are having a holiday event, which is turning out to be nothing more than an attempt to railroad people into buying engrams (Destiny 2's loot boxes). People saw through this blatant greed, and are in full revolt, as you can see here. Here's a PC Gamer article with a few more details if you want them.

Oh, this is glorious. After the fantastic Battlefront II train wreck, this is like my second Christmas, Carnival and Oktoberfest all rolled into one. Sweetest of sweet schadenfreude.

So people are wising up? Little to late if you ask me. I saw this shit show coming a mile away. The fact that millions of people were dumb enough to buy it in the first place is disgusting and now they feel entitled to complain? They got what they deserve if you ask me.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#4  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I don't waste money on micro-transactions. That shit has no place in a full priced AAA game.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Good... I like this game but want so much more out of it. They had a decent game at the end of Destiny 1's life. Destiny 2 screwed a lot of that up. Eververse is probably not where I'd start my complaining though.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44150 Posts

I did something that I never do anymore, I traded in a game. That game was Destiny 2. I enjoyed it and got a lot out of it however I just don’t feel like getting the dlc and continuing on with it. I got $35 Canadian for it and put it towards my purchase of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Super Mario Odyssey for the Switch that I bought yesterday. No regrets.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Wow, bungie has really been on a roll of pissing people off

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
@jdc6305 said:

So people are wising up? Little to late if you ask me. I saw this shit show coming a mile away. The fact that millions of people were dumb enough to buy it in the first place is disgusting and now they feel entitled to complain? They got what they deserve if you ask me.

Yup, pretty much, though I wouldn't go so far as to say they "deserve it," exactly. That said, as I've explained in another thread, I've been vehemently against this kind of bullshit from day one, back when people were still parroting the "oh, it's just optional" and "oh, it's just cosmetic" hand waves. I said back then, if it makes them money, they'll want people to use it, and once they get a taste of it, they'll be back for more. 2017 would have been a never-ending train of "I told you so" if I wasn't having so much fun enjoying this so much.

Gamers, developers, publishers, pretty much no one directly involved in this train wreck is happy. This is a like a supernova of schadenfreude, and I'm loving it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

It's Activision, what exactly did you think they would do?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@drlostrib said:

Wow, bungie has really been on a roll of pissing people off

Well we know that Craptivision are the ones forcing Bungie to put this stuff in, but I don't feel sorry for Bungie because they chose to sign a deal with the devil in the first place.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

@metalboi: Yeah I’m really looking forward to playing some XC2 and SMO this weekend. There’s still like 5 more games that are currently out on the Switch that I want to get too.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
@Archangel3371 said:

I did something that I never do anymore, I traded in a game. That game was Destiny 2. I enjoyed it and got a lot out of it however I just don’t feel like getting the dlc and continuing on with it. I got $35 Canadian for it and put it towards my purchase of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Super Mario Odyssey for the Switch that I bought yesterday. No regrets.

I don't know if you can see over the internet to the other side of my screen, but I'm giving you two thumbs up right now. Good for you, mate.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371  Online

@madrocketeer: Thanks man, thumbs up for you too. I’ve been really lenient to some of these publishers in the past but they’re getting too carried away these days and need to reign the greed in. It’s getting to be too much for me. I don’t want to have to keep throwing money at these games and I don’t want to grind away on one game endlessly. There are others games that I want to be able to play and enjoy also. If they keep this up they’ll end up devouring each because no one will have any money or time to play anything else.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@jdc6305 said:
@madrocketeer said:

Have you guys seen this?

Oh, this is glorious. After the fantastic Battlefront II train wreck, this is like my second Christmas, Carnival and Oktoberfest all rolled into one. Sweetest of sweet schadenfreude.

+1. Well said.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Bungie is trash, it’s well known Activision have Bungie their freedom to do what they want with Destiny and Activision would only step in if it wasn’t working out which they haven’t. At least Activision isn't as bad as EA is now, I'm cool with Activision but Bungie themselves have really gotten stupid greedy.

Bungie's biggest mistake was leaving MS when they should have seen the grass was greener then they are in now. Even MS encourage Bungie to make other games and not Halo all the time.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@davillain-: What fantasy world are you living in, they've had the idea for destiny since Halo 2 or 3 but MS would only allow them to make Halo games as it was MS biggest franchise. It's the reason why bungie left MS so they could actually make other games.

As for people asking for eververse to be removed, well that's a joke. I've never been to a more toxic message board then destiny's, and it's been like that since day one. They bitch and complain about EVERYTHING and anything and do it non stop and then can't figure out why bungie doesn't listen to them. Message board "Hey nerf this gun it's op!!!". Bungie needs op gun, message board " f*ck you bungie why'd you nerf our favorite gun!!!" Destiny 1 "there's way to much grinding for everything!!!". Destiny 2, " why you assholes take out all the massive time consuming grinding, it was my favorite part!!!".

I haven't played a ton of the dawning yet, the little I have I don't see the complaints, it's yet again bs nerd rage that is 100% unwarranted.

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

@vfighter said:

@davillain-: What fantasy world are you living in, they've had the idea for destiny since Halo 2 or 3 but MS would only allow them to make Halo games as it was MS biggest franchise. It's the reason why bungie left MS so they could actually make other games.

As for people asking for eververse to be removed, well that's a joke. I've never been to a more toxic message board then destiny's, and it's been like that since day one. They bitch and complain about EVERYTHING and anything and do it non stop and then can't figure out why bungie doesn't listen to them. Message board "Hey nerf this gun it's op!!!". Bungie needs op gun, message board " f*ck you bungie why'd you nerf our favorite gun!!!" Destiny 1 "there's way to much grinding for everything!!!". Destiny 2, " why you assholes take out all the massive time consuming grinding, it was my favorite part!!!".

I haven't played a ton of the dawning yet, the little I have I don't see the complaints, it's yet again bs nerd rage that is 100% unwarranted.

Sounds like COD lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@vfighter: MS didn't mind Bungie if they wanted to do something else, just as long as they continue making Halo games, Bungie could have done side jobs. But really though, Bungie had something good if they had stayed with MS. While MS maybe jerks to developers, at least MS isn't nowhere the level of EA or Activision. (Yet)

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20  Edited By PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Preordering, buying cut content and accepting micromacrotransactions in the first place is what led to this.

You can bet the bulk of the idiots posting there supported and defend those practices.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

They're in revolt every two weeks.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Playing Destiny be like...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Some fucking gall they have to attempt this after the Battlefront 2 fiasco.

Damn @ the above GIF.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

The game is a wreck, I've put a lot of hours into it but only playing with friends, never alone. I was a sucker and bought the expansion pack and so far it is crap, hope they add something good in the later ones otherwise I'll never buy another Bungie game again (Destiny 3). I don't buy from the Eververse but it is there, it shouldn't be there, the game is a loot game, why not make all that stuff drop in the worlds/events. Also having a Christmas event is cool, but putting most of the content behind a paywall is a big middle finger.

Dam is Mercury the laziest most boring expansion I've ever played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Finally the gaming community is standing up against loot boxes... just curious to know how long it'll last

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Because Bungie has been fvckin up every two weeks.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Warframe is such a better game. If they put more Plains levels on each of the planet's, Destiny is toast.

The first story line is obviously rough around the edges but when you get to Second Dream, it gets real =)

Oh, and **** Destiny lol

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Serves them right for buying an Activision game. Zero sympathy from me.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#30  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

Destiny sucks fucking ass. What else is new.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By UssjTrunks

@Shewgenja said:

Warframe is such a better game. If they put more Plains levels on each of the planet's, Destiny is toast.

The first story line is obviously rough around the edges but when you get to Second Dream, it gets real =)

Oh, and **** Destiny lol

Warframe sucks too. The grind in the game is absurd.

Ultimately, both suck (with Destiny sucking more).

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By UssjTrunks

I really don't understand why people buy EA and Activision games and then complain about them. You're buying a product KNOWING it will be bad and that you are getting scammed, and you do it anyway.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Well, good thing I didn’t even buy the game.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#34 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Glad I didn't bother with this crap to begin with.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

All of a sudden...................

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shewgenja

@UssjTrunks: My advisement to play Warframe is predicated on the notion that people who enjoy Destiny may seek an alternative in the same vein.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I used to be a huge and i mean a huge Destiny fan! Destiny 1 was so fun to the point that i put hundreds of hours into it, 3 full years of playing the game none-stop but i think Destiny 2 has been the biggest disappointment for me this year, they ruined everything about the franchise.. Destiny 2 is simply... garbage!

its not just eververse that needs to be removed, im personally at the point where i think bungie as a whole should be completely removed from Destiny or just restructure the entire game... i've never seen a developer who is this incompetent with development.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@freedomfreak said:

Because Bungie has been fvckin up every two weeks.

They've been fucking up since the game released, literally no testing and every update they release ruins the game even further... right now you cant even play due to infinite super glitch and they tweet saying the following: sorry we cant fix it, till January 9!lel

I havent touched the game in two months, i decide to play a couple of matches online and guess what? infinite voidwalker glitch lol.. disk goes straight back to its case.... what pains me is actually believing there was a future to this franchise

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

All the complaints and this down with big companies attitude will just result in less and less AAA games going forward until they are all within indie production values, ya'll realize that right?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

All the complaints and this down with big companies attitude will just result in less and less AAA games going forward until they are all within indie production values, ya'll realize that right?

Indy games are better than Destiny 2 though.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shewgenja

@pimphand_gamer: If AAA is going to mean full-priced games that elaborately lead you by the nose to buy doc and loot boxes, then the time is due for the old order to be upended.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UssjTrunks

@finalstar2007: The problem is the publisher, not the developer.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

This is an Activision problem, not necessarily Bungie similarly how Battlefront 2 is an EA problem. I am so disappointed with D2 that they catered too much to casual players and the over-emphasis of loot boxes. All of the dope stuff is behind the Eververse store...which is unfortunate.

Avatar image for twosidedpolygon
TwoSidedPolygon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TwoSidedPolygon
Member since 2017 • 45 Posts

@jdc6305 said:
@madrocketeer said:

Have you guys seen this?

If you buy a game and it's shit you aren't "getting what you deserve".