Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Destiny 2

It will probably be a average shooter at best anyways with horrible design where you have to grind boring quest

As we reported last year, this Destiny sequel is aiming to feel like a fresh start for Bungie’s ongoing franchise, which has picked up a great deal of baggage since it first launched in September of 2014. In addition to coming to PC, Destiny 2 will offer a clean break for everyone, leaving behind all of our old weapons and gear.

Because the day wouldn’t be complete without more teasing, Bungie says there’ll be a “gameplay premiere live stream” on May 18.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:

Destiny 2

As we reported last year, this Destiny sequel is aiming to feel like a fresh start for Bungie’s ongoing franchise, which has picked up a great deal of baggage since it first launched in September of 2014. In addition to coming to PC, Destiny 2 will offer a clean break for everyone, leaving behind all of our old weapons and gear.

Because the day wouldn’t be complete without more teasing, Bungie says there’ll be a “gameplay premiere live stream” on May 18.

Strange the first gameplay reveal is PC. Sony has the marketing rights very odd.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Activision wants your money

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Great for PC users. Get ready to grind.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

No thanks.

it will be just another generic MP halo clone. basically halo mmo is what destiny is. plus no single player campaign = pass for me.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Worldwide reveal!!!

No gameplay

Can we pls cut that out? Movies get teasers and trailers, games should get gameplay demonstrations or at least snippets of gameplay pls. Jesus christ.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

So can we expect the first one to be bundled with this? Not that I would buy it anyway.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Oh look. Bungie finally remembered that PC gaming exists!

But anyways, more titles on PC the better it is for everyone but I'm still getting Destiny 2 on PS4 since all my content is on that version and I don't expect to see cross-play and I have lots of friends that I like to play with on Destiny PS4 version so PC doesn't do it for me.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@loe12k said:
@TheFadeForever said:

Destiny 2

Strange the first gameplay reveal is PC. Sony has the marketing rights very odd.

Cross play with Windows PC and Xbox One will be nice.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

@kvally said:
@loe12k said:
@TheFadeForever said:

Destiny 2

I have a feeling this will be a UWP game that'll be available in the Windows Store as well as being available for Steam.. hopefully they'll make it Xbox Play Anywhere..

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clyde46

@Antwan3K said:
@kvally said:
@loe12k said:
@TheFadeForever said:

Destiny 2

I have a feeling this will be a UWP game that'll be available in the Windows Store as well as being available for Steam.. hopefully they'll make it Xbox Play Anywhere..

I hope not, UWP is a joke.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kvally

@clyde46 said:
@Antwan3K said:
@kvally said:
@loe12k said:
@TheFadeForever said:

Destiny 2

Working flawlessly right now with Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4. So yeah, hopefully it's Play Anywhere, Steam and of course cross platform play. Well, Sony won't go cross platform, but at least PC and Xbox do.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44147 Posts

That's cool that more people will be able to play the game. I'm going to be getting this for the Xbox One myself.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46

@kvally said:
@clyde46 said:
@Antwan3K said:
@kvally said:
@loe12k said:

Working flawlessly right now with Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4. So yeah, hopefully it's Play Anywhere, Steam and of course cross platform play. Well, Sony won't go cross platform, but at least PC and Xbox do.

Where is my SLI support, where is my overlay support, where is my fullscreen support? UWP is a joke, MS still can't get PC gaming right...

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Antwan3K

@clyde46 said:
@Antwan3K said:
@kvally said:
@loe12k said:
@TheFadeForever said:

Destiny 2

how so?.. please explain in detail because I've bought and played several Xbox Play Anywhere UWP titles from the Windows Store without any issues.. I also have a Steam account and have purchased games from there as well.. at this point, i'm starting to think statements like yours are just uninformed hyperbole based on outdated information you read somewhere.. but in case i'm wrong, please elaborate on why potentially being able to purchase/play Destiny 2 on PC as an Xbox Play Anywhere title is something you hope will not happen..

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kvally

@Antwan3K said:
@clyde46 said:
@Antwan3K said:
@kvally said:
@loe12k said:

how so?.. please explain in detail because I've bought and played several Xbox Play Anywhere UWP titles from the Windows Store without any issues.. I also have a Steam account and have purchased games from there as well.. at this point, i'm starting to think statements like yours are just uninformed hyperbole based on outdated information you read somewhere.. but in case i'm wrong, please elaborate on why potentially being able to purchase/play Destiny 2 on PC as an Xbox Play Anywhere title is something you hope will not happen..

In fact, developers have been praising it. Look at Fallout Shelter. The dev responded to fans asking why they made an Xbox version of the game and not a PS version. His response? We didn't make an Xbox version. It's UWP and just works on both PC and Xbox. **** yeah dude.. that is sick.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

A multiplatform game with exclusive content to any system is not worth my attention or money.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Antwan3K

@kvally said:
@Antwan3K said:
@clyde46 said:
@Antwan3K said:
@kvally said:

In fact, developers have been praising it. Look at Fallout Shelter. The dev responded to fans asking why they made an Xbox version of the game and not a PS version. His response? We didn't make an Xbox version. It's UWP and just works on both PC and Xbox. **** yeah dude.. that is sick.

yep, and that's why I think there's going to be a floodgate of games coming to the Windows Store thanks to Project Scorpio.. it's basically that same logic but in reverse.. if the Destiny 2 devs develop a native 4K UWP game for Scorpio, there's literally no reason for them to not put that game on PC as well and make it Xbox Play Anywhere.. that's potentially going to be the case for nearly any Scorpio game moving forward since UWP is the development platform for that console..

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kvally

@Pedro said:

A multiplatform game with exclusive content to any system is not worth my attention or money.

Even if it is only timed?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#21 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Destiny? Wasn't that the MMO-slash-Borderlands clone with no personality?

Anyway, I just watched the trailer below. Still "eh," but Nathan Fillion may have just kept my attention. That guy's awesome.

Loading Video...
360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

I can't see this getting a big audience with the PC like it did with the consoles. There are just to many better MMOs out for the PC. This game on PC would have to be free to play at first to get the audience it is looking for.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Yay

or something

@jg4xchamp said:

Worldwide reveal!!!

No gameplay

Can we pls cut that out? Movies get teasers and trailers, games should get gameplay demonstrations or at least snippets of gameplay pls. Jesus christ.

Yeah but movie trailers suck 100%

And game trailers are hit or miss.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Movie trailer = no hype from me. Gameplay or gtfo.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Broader audience will experience this failure of a series. Exciting.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I'd like to see the game before hurraying.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

@kvally said:
@Pedro said:

Even if it is only timed?

Yep. I don't support that shit.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Well, I know what platform I'm getting it on if it turns out to be... you know... an actual game this time around.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Lol they can have it.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@kvally said:

In fact, developers have been praising it. Look at Fallout Shelter.

LOL. You lems still using a port of a 50/100 metacritic iphone game as proof of anything? How pathetic is that??

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#31 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Not too surprising. This game is gonna sell like hotcakes on PC no matter how awful it could be.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Worldwide reveal!!!

No gameplay

So much this.

I am tired of these flashy videos that ultimately tell us absolutely nothing.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kvally

@dakur: you still mad? Come on man be like the rest of us cool gamers and become a manticore.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Meh

I will pass.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#35 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

That trailer was like something from 1996.

Holy shit was that terrible.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Rumor has it that Red Dead 2 will be going to PC as well. I REALLY hope so cause i just bought a PC with a gtx 1060 6gb, i7, and 16 RAM.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Fairmonkey said:

Rumor has it that Red Dead 2 will be going to PC as well. I REALLY hope so cause i just bought a PC with a gtx 1060 6gb, i7, and 16 RAM.

why won't it? GTA5 was extremely successful on pc. RDR2 is a nobrainer. It may come out 2-6 months after the console launch, tho.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#38 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

That trailer was like something from 1996.

Holy shit was that terrible.

Isn't that the era of games that you enjoy the most though? You should be happy with that trailer.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@Fairmonkey: I sure hope so, that I would be excited about!

Hard to get that worked up about a sequel to yet another online shooter, we already got a few hundred of these on pc! Maybe if it reviews really well I will give it a spin!!

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#40 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@Fairmonkey said:

why won't it? GTA5 was extremely successful on pc. RDR2 is a nobrainer. It may come out 2-6 months after the console launch, tho.

I think its more an issue of if they can get it to launch at the same time. I get the impression that the focus is still on the 4 console versions (X1, Scorpio, PS4, PS4 Pro). Whether they choose to allocate enough resources to have a successful PC launch on the same day is questionable (based on their history).

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I'll pass and wait for a sale if it's any good; I have my doubts about that, though.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

guess i'm not getting this on PS4

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

I'll pass it will most likely be just like the first boring and uninspired

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

If it's good, I'll check it out. I highly doubt it will be good.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Nope. Not touching this. I was so disappointed in the game at launch. It promised so much and delivered so little. I even gave it another shot with the Taken King, but I just couldn't get into it. Unless it literally is the go-to-shooter, I will not be getting this

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

hmm. so destiny 2, battlefront 2, and call of duty ww2 are this year's three holiday shooters. i'm bored already

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

hmm. so destiny 2, battlefront 2, and call of duty ww2 are this year's three holiday shooters. i'm bored already

Haha yeah, seriously. Doesn't look awesome, that's for sure..

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Worldwide reveal!!!

No gameplay

Give them a break, the game probably looks like last-gen trash just like the first one did.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@Litchie said:
@princeofshapeir said:

Haha yeah, seriously. Doesn't look awesome, that's for sure..

there's literally no gameplay for any of these games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

there weill always be generic MP holidays shooters. good shooters mostly release in early or mid of year. like Doom release last year may. PREY will release this year May. System shock remake will release Q2 next year.