Despite the haters, Borderlands 3 is a huge success.

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

847

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 847 Posts

You gotta love all the B3 threads on this board lately. For whatever reason, certain people are obsessed with hating on this game. It's been getting user-review bombed left and right due to Epic exclusivity. Bugs and connectivity issues (which will be patched soon enough) don't help the situation, yet despite all of this the game is a massive success. The number of concurrent players--just a few days after release--already doubled that of Borderlands 2. It is the biggest boxed launch of the year in the UK, jumping straight to #1 right out of the gate. It also represents the best numbers in Gearbox history.

So in conclusion, if you're one of the whiny, obsessive types that try their hardest to drag this game down, you failed. You failed hard.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-15-borderlands-3-is-giving-gearbox-its-best-numbers-in-gearbox-history-says-ceo-randy-pitchford

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-3s-pc-version-an-epic-store-exclusive-/1100-6469850/

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54149 Posts

The game is rock-solid. It also performs like shit. Coming from a hugely popular franchise, i'm not overly surprised that it's performing well sales-wise.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

847

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 847 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

The game is rock-solid. It also performs like shit. Coming from a hugely popular franchise, i'm not overly surprised that it's performing well sales-wise.

It definitely needs a patch; and it will definitely get one. Hardly any games these days are perfect day one. That's not a justification, but it is what it is.

And, yeah, you're absolutely right. The game is indeed rock-solid. Great addition to the series.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54149 Posts

@subspecies said:

It definitely needs a patch; and it will definitely get one. Hardly any games these days are perfect day one. That's not a justification, but it is what it is.

And, yeah, you're absolutely right. The game is indeed rock-solid. Great addition to the series.

Imperfection is fine, I don't mind the odd glitch or bug. B3 is not that... It's a mess performance-wise on consoles, and even worse on PC. The frame-timing is horrendous... I lock 4K/60, yet consistently stutter due to the poor frame-timing.

All that being said, I genuinely enjoy the game. I'm level 15, and i'm really enjoying the ridiculous humour. One of the more recent examples is the porta-prison sidequest, or simply Claptrap getting his ass stuck in the Sanctuary window.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

847

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 847 Posts

@lundy86_4: Oh, no doubt. A little patience is in order for sure. Just wait for the patch. It sucks it has to be that way, but it's worth it for a game this good. They've pretty much perfected the formula. The weapon variety alone is so freakin' awesome this time around, and worth the price of admission if you love your guns. Best loot system, hands down.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54149 Posts

@subspecies: Yeah, definitely waiting on that patch. Gearbox do seem receptive in terms of issues for B3.

Weapon variety has been great so far, and the game is actually really fun to play. I've recently been playing The Division 2, due to free Uplay+ on PC, and it is a great game and a huge improvement over D1, but I find myself enjoying Borderlands far more.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

35974

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35974 Posts

You're talking like people were expecting to sell badly and this is some comeuppance.

Pretty much, everyone in existence expected it to sell well.

That's doesn't cancel out everything else.

I mean, the dude was basically accused of being a paedophile and downgraded to "barely legal" which itself still isn't proven either way, and that's ignoring the mountain of shit heap right next to it.

Hurra for scumbags?

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

9717

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#8 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9717 Posts

seems like a genuinely good sequel, hopefully they sort the performance issues.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
PinkRibbonScars

139

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By PinkRibbonScars
Member since 2019 • 139 Posts

I don't care if Borderlands 3 is successful or not. Don't care if it's an Epic Store exclusive or not either. But Randy Pitchford is still a scamming pedo that tweets out animal abuse videos who should have been ran out of this industry but wasn't because degeneracy is rampant, and I'll never support him

Avatar image for Gatygun
Gatygun

1654

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1654 Posts

So what happened that made the kiddies hate him on forums ?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54149 Posts

@Gatygun said:

So what happened that made the kiddies hate him on forums ?

Just Google him. Basically, lots of allegations.

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

5464

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 5464 Posts

Nobody thought the game was going to sell poorly though.

Avatar image for ocinom
ocinom

1031

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1031 Posts

You believe what Pitchford is saying? LOL

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

28844

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#14 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 28844 Posts

Cool. I think the game looks like a lot of fun and I did really enjoy Borderlands 2. If I didn’t have so many games on my “To Get” list right now I’d no doubt be playing it already. Hopefully I’ll get around to it in the near future.

Avatar image for watercrack445
watercrack445

2054

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#15 watercrack445  Online
Member since 2017 • 2054 Posts

He doesn't even explain the peak concurrent players in borderlands 2. How are you supposed to measure it?

This guy is feeling the pressure. He is doing what other people do when feeling down in the dumps. Say something positive on social media to make them feel better.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

35974

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35974 Posts

@watercrack445: Was following in background for a quite abit, Randy Pitchford was battling with people on twitter for a while, then the physical assault allegation came out, and now he just pretends like he's in a magical happy-land full of chocolate waterfalls because someone obviously advised him he was being liability.

Avatar image for AcidTango
AcidTango

1730

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 1730 Posts

I have a feeling that he is ether lying or he is blowing it out of proportion.

Avatar image for hitmanactual
HitmanActual

1056

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1056 Posts

Don't care about others, I'm loving it. Game is awesome.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
KBFloYd

22001

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#19 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22001 Posts

uk sales?

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

44774

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44774 Posts

Meh, not surprised. At this point, with this many installments, the game sells itself. The sales are Gearbox's to lose.

I don't think it's a bad game, I just find most loot n' shoot games incredibly boring. Bullet sponge enemies? No thanks.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

44774

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44774 Posts

It doesn't happen to support crossplay does it?

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

24643

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24643 Posts

Maybe it's fixed by the time it's released on a real store.

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

18537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#23 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18537 Posts

I had like 5 different versions of borderlands 2, none of which I could maintain focus on to finish.

These games are ok... I may get b3 on heavy Sale

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

4417

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#24 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4417 Posts

Modern day gamers love mediocrity, they buy them despite being technical messes which should not be allowed to occur. About time a heavy regulatory board was put in place so games cannot launch like complete garbage.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
KungfuKitten

26901

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#25 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26901 Posts
@subspecies said:

...For whatever reason, certain people are obsessed with hating on this game. It's been getting user-review bombed left and right due to Epic exclusivity. Bugs and connectivity issues (which will be patched soon enough) don't help the situation, ...

Uhm...

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
ArchoNils2

10433

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#26 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10433 Posts

@subspecies said:

For whatever reason, certain people are obsessed with hating on this game.

.. due to Epic exclusivity. Bugs and connectivity issues...

you answered yourself.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

847

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 847 Posts

@KungfuKitten: Reasons for the bombs. Not the obsessiveness. Gamers can be a neurotic bunch at times.

Avatar image for enzyme36
enzyme36

4308

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4308 Posts

Ended up grabbing this one over the weekend to join up with my friends, made it to 50 and through TVHM. It's got some great quality of life improvements for co-op play, and they are a lot less stingy with the loot so you get a lot more orange beams this time around.

But the main quest and story is shit, the new villains cant hold a candle to handsome jack, and the vault hunters straight up do not exist in the main campaign. The main characters of this game are not even drawn into the cut scenes... and are nothing more than bodyguards when mentioned.

This game would have been slammed by mainstream reviews if it didnt pander so hard to the woke media.

Pitchford can kill that noise with his BS tweeting about congruent players. his comparison means nothing for a sequel this huge and this long in the making releasing at a time with virtually no competition. If he really wanted a true comparison for PC players he should have launched side by side on steam and epic.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

847

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#29 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 847 Posts

@ArchoNils2: See my answer to Kungfukitten.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

8835

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 8835 Posts

@hitmanactual: Don’t doubt it’s a lot of fun. The beef people have is with the performance.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

5469

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#31 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5469 Posts

It's almost as if it has been 8 years since the last good Borderlands game.

Which would also make his tweet a bit meaningless......

Anyway, Pitchford is a wank and I don't want to support him.

Avatar image for Zidaneski
Zidaneski

8858

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#32 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 8858 Posts

I had the collectors addition pre-ordered but recently cancelled it when I heard it was having technical issues. I'll definitely get it eventually but I'd rather wait for when they get everything sorted out. That save issue is serious though. My condolences for those that lost their progress. I look forward to playing the game but I want it to be amazing and magical when I start it.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

847

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#33 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 847 Posts

@Zidaneski: Yeah, I'm shelving it until they get the issues sorted out. The game is definitely worth the wait.

Avatar image for 04dcarraher
04dcarraher

23255

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23255 Posts

OMG that tweet screams insecurity...... The peak steam numbers of BL 2 from 2012 was 124k...... So There is only 250k peak of players on launch..... that's awful, if it was available on steam and other digital platforms I bet the numbers would have been 4x the amount.

Im glad people are voting with their wallets and making EGS and its bull crap suffer to make the point. Exclusivity of 3rd party games on a sub par digital platform on PC is not what the majority want.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

35974

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35974 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

OMG that tweet screams insecurity...... The peak steam numbers of BL 2 from 2012 was 124k...... So There is only 250k peak of players on launch..... that's awful, if it was available on steam and other digital platforms I bet the numbers would have been 4x the amount.

Im glad people are voting with their wallets and making EGS and its bull crap suffer to make the point. Exclusivity of 3rd party games on a sub par digital platform on PC is not what the majority want.

I'd call it straight up passive-aggressiveness. And yes, good point about 2012, it's a deliberately skewed and unsubstantiated comment, from a source comparable to a sewer gutter.

For comparison, The Witcher 3 sold 10 times as much as Witcher 2.

Avatar image for ten_pints
Ten_Pints

3939

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#36 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 3939 Posts

Hate is such misused word, I'd say intense dislike.

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

27589

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27589 Posts

Of course it is. It's a great game to play with friends online.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

3736

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#38 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3736 Posts

I always find it odd when people act like one guy made this game. This is a great game and it's greatness has NOTHING to do with Randy Pitchford. It is the talented developers that clearly took a ton of time and effort to make a great game. I will never understand people hating on an entire company because there is one idiot working at the top who does not even make the game.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

24643

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#39 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24643 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

I always find it odd when people act like one guy made this game. This is a great game and it's greatness has NOTHING to do with Randy Pitchford. It is the talented developers that clearly took a ton of time and effort to make a great game. I will never understand people hating on an entire company because there is one idiot working at the top who does not even make the game.

I can understand not wanting to give Randy money by buying the game he's getting money from and how that would feel like supporting someone you don't like. But yeah, sad for those who busted their asses to make a good game.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Steam release, since I don't like Epic or their store, and don't want to show them that I'm ok with them using Fortnite money to pay for games to not come to Steam, a digital platform people actually like as opposed to Epic's crappy one. But I am getting the game eventually, since I care more about me playing a game I find fun than I care about Randy being an asshat.

Since you've played it, how is it performance and bug wise?

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

3736

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#40 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3736 Posts

@Litchie said:
@mojito1988 said:

I always find it odd when people act like one guy made this game. This is a great game and it's greatness has NOTHING to do with Randy Pitchford. It is the talented developers that clearly took a ton of time and effort to make a great game. I will never understand people hating on an entire company because there is one idiot working at the top who does not even make the game.

I can understand not wanting to give Randy money by buying the game he's getting money from and how that would feel like supporting someone you don't like. But yeah, sad for those who busted their asses to make a good game.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Steam release, since I don't like Epic or their store, and don't want to show them that I'm ok with them using Fortnite money to pay for games to not come to Steam, a digital platform people actually like as opposed to Epic's crappy one. But I am getting the game eventually, since I care more about me playing a game I find fun than I care about Randy being an asshat.

Since you've played it, how is it performance and bug wise?

People are far overrating about bugs/performance. Day 1 there were performance issues. (framerates primarily) Most have already been ironed out. It runs very smooth for me, and I have not encountered a single bug in my more than 25 hours of gameplay so far. Very well made game overall.

Avatar image for thereal25
thereal25

1861

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#41 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1861 Posts

Yep, I think it sound like a pretty solid game. I'm more interested in the single player than the co-op though.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

3736

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#42 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3736 Posts

@thereal25 said:

Yep, I think it sound like a pretty solid game. I'm more interested in the single player than the co-op though.

Just be warned in single player some of the bosses take almost forever. They are made for multiplayer and gearbox does a horrible job at scaling anything for single player. The rest of the game is very manageable solo, but some of those bosses.....yuck.

Avatar image for thereal25
thereal25

1861

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#43  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1861 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@thereal25 said:

Yep, I think it sound like a pretty solid game. I'm more interested in the single player than the co-op though.

Just be warned in single player some of the bosses take almost forever. They are made for multiplayer and gearbox does a horrible job at scaling anything for single player. The rest of the game is very manageable solo, but some of those bosses.....yuck.

You mean moreso than bl2?

Because those bosses didn't bother me too much.

Avatar image for dagubot
dagubot

1438

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#44 dagubot
Member since 2017 • 1438 Posts

My 2 cents; when I first played it I was turned off by the game. I started with Moze; leveled up to 7 with my 2 other buddies and it was cool playing together but the first thing was I wasn't really feeling my character. The 2nd thing was the bugs in the game; damn it was annoying. Just numerous minor issues everywhere. As soon as I jumped into the game the first pistol I got literally did not show so when I would shoot it was just my finger shooting; kind of funny...lol. Eventually the next gun I got it was able to show. I had a glitch with the talents, so it wouldn't let me select my points to put into the talent tree, had to always switch resolutions because the game would always load up a lower resolution for some reason and this is just some of the bugs. Eventually the game froze on me and I had to restart. At this point, I felt it was best to just honestly refund the game.

That all happened on launch day. I went to bed and woke up and after work felt I should just uninstall the game and re-install and give it another go but try a different character and go at it solo; my buddies were already passing me in level so I wasn't going to catch up that quick so I figured I should enjoy the game at my own pace.

Started from scratch; picked Flak and as of now I'm level 32. Loving the game. Solo mode doesn't give me any of the issues I've experienced in co-op; the only thing I still have to do is switch the resolution because every time I'll boot the game it'll still just load up a lower resolution; simple but minor annoyance. Everything else has been working properly for me and I've been enjoying the game. Game does try to be funny too hard sometimes; definitely thought the first 2 were better in the humor section. Game looks pretty damn nice as well. I switch inputs and run it on my OLED since I'm playing solo and it's a smooth 4K 60 fps for me with everything on ultra and turning off volumetric fog, blur, and depth of field. Also, been running it with HDR but got Reshade installed so I'll tweak with that later but yeah...those are my thoughts on the game right now.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

3736

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#45 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3736 Posts

@thereal25 said:
@mojito1988 said:
@thereal25 said:

Yep, I think it sound like a pretty solid game. I'm more interested in the single player than the co-op though.

Just be warned in single player some of the bosses take almost forever. They are made for multiplayer and gearbox does a horrible job at scaling anything for single player. The rest of the game is very manageable solo, but some of those bosses.....yuck.

You mean moreso than bl2?

Because those bosses didn't bother me too much.

Yes even more so than BL2. Some are a bit ridiculous. Not a problem in multiplayer though.

Avatar image for enzyme36
enzyme36

4308

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4308 Posts
@enzyme36 said:

Ended up grabbing this one over the weekend to join up with my friends, made it to 50 and through TVHM. It's got some great quality of life improvements for co-op play, and they are a lot less stingy with the loot so you get a lot more orange beams this time around.

Nerfed that for you

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
foxhound_fox

98082

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98082 Posts

I don't hate the game, I hate the people in charge of it and it's distribution.

And who the hell changed the highlight font colour?

Avatar image for rrjim1
rrjim1

1759

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1759 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@thereal25 said:

Yep, I think it sound like a pretty solid game. I'm more interested in the single player than the co-op though.

Just be warned in single player some of the bosses take almost forever. They are made for multiplayer and gearbox does a horrible job at scaling anything for single player. The rest of the game is very manageable solo, but some of those bosses.....yuck.

I'm not that great of a player any more, but I haven't had any problems beating the bosses playing single player. Just beat Boss #10 – Billy, The Anointed. Great game by the way!

The font color is also great.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
jg4xchamp

61809

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#49 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 61809 Posts

A bunch of people willing to eat shit doesn't stop something from being shit.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

5170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5170 Posts

Doin' well. Doin' REAL well.

I don't plan on picking up though. Maaaybe later. But I doubt it.