Despite the haters, Borderlands 3 is a huge success.

• 51 results
Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 847 Posts

You gotta love all the B3 threads on this board lately. For whatever reason, certain people are obsessed with hating on this game. It's been getting user-review bombed left and right due to Epic exclusivity. Bugs and connectivity issues (which will be patched soon enough) don't help the situation, yet despite all of this the game is a massive success. The number of concurrent players--just a few days after release--already doubled that of Borderlands 2. It is the biggest boxed launch of the year in the UK, jumping straight to #1 right out of the gate. It also represents the best numbers in Gearbox history.

So in conclusion, if you're one of the whiny, obsessive types that try their hardest to drag this game down, you failed. You failed hard.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-15-borderlands-3-is-giving-gearbox-its-best-numbers-in-gearbox-history-says-ceo-randy-pitchford

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-3s-pc-version-an-epic-store-exclusive-/1100-6469850/

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54149 Posts

The game is rock-solid. It also performs like shit. Coming from a hugely popular franchise, i'm not overly surprised that it's performing well sales-wise.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Subspecies

@lundy86_4 said:

The game is rock-solid. It also performs like shit. Coming from a hugely popular franchise, i'm not overly surprised that it's performing well sales-wise.

It definitely needs a patch; and it will definitely get one. Hardly any games these days are perfect day one. That's not a justification, but it is what it is.

And, yeah, you're absolutely right. The game is indeed rock-solid. Great addition to the series.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lundy86_4

@subspecies said:

It definitely needs a patch; and it will definitely get one. Hardly any games these days are perfect day one. That's not a justification, but it is what it is.

And, yeah, you're absolutely right. The game is indeed rock-solid. Great addition to the series.

Imperfection is fine, I don't mind the odd glitch or bug. B3 is not that... It's a mess performance-wise on consoles, and even worse on PC. The frame-timing is horrendous... I lock 4K/60, yet consistently stutter due to the poor frame-timing.

All that being said, I genuinely enjoy the game. I'm level 15, and i'm really enjoying the ridiculous humour. One of the more recent examples is the porta-prison sidequest, or simply Claptrap getting his ass stuck in the Sanctuary window.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Subspecies

@lundy86_4: Oh, no doubt. A little patience is in order for sure. Just wait for the patch. It sucks it has to be that way, but it's worth it for a game this good. They've pretty much perfected the formula. The weapon variety alone is so freakin' awesome this time around, and worth the price of admission if you love your guns. Best loot system, hands down.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4

@subspecies: Yeah, definitely waiting on that patch. Gearbox do seem receptive in terms of issues for B3.

Weapon variety has been great so far, and the game is actually really fun to play. I've recently been playing The Division 2, due to free Uplay+ on PC, and it is a great game and a huge improvement over D1, but I find myself enjoying Borderlands far more.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35974 Posts

You're talking like people were expecting to sell badly and this is some comeuppance.

Pretty much, everyone in existence expected it to sell well.

That's doesn't cancel out everything else.

I mean, the dude was basically accused of being a paedophile and downgraded to "barely legal" which itself still isn't proven either way, and that's ignoring the mountain of shit heap right next to it.

Hurra for scumbags?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#8 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9717 Posts

seems like a genuinely good sequel, hopefully they sort the performance issues.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
PinkRibbonScars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PinkRibbonScars
Member since 2019 • 139 Posts

I don't care if Borderlands 3 is successful or not. Don't care if it's an Epic Store exclusive or not either. But Randy Pitchford is still a scamming pedo that tweets out animal abuse videos who should have been ran out of this industry but wasn't because degeneracy is rampant, and I'll never support him

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1654 Posts

So what happened that made the kiddies hate him on forums ?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lundy86_4

@Gatygun said:

So what happened that made the kiddies hate him on forums ?

Just Google him. Basically, lots of allegations.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 5464 Posts

Nobody thought the game was going to sell poorly though.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1031 Posts

You believe what Pitchford is saying? LOL

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 28844 Posts

Cool. I think the game looks like a lot of fun and I did really enjoy Borderlands 2. If I didn’t have so many games on my “To Get” list right now I’d no doubt be playing it already. Hopefully I’ll get around to it in the near future.

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 watercrack445  Online
Member since 2017 • 2054 Posts

He doesn't even explain the peak concurrent players in borderlands 2. How are you supposed to measure it?

This guy is feeling the pressure. He is doing what other people do when feeling down in the dumps. Say something positive on social media to make them feel better.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup

@watercrack445: Was following in background for a quite abit, Randy Pitchford was battling with people on twitter for a while, then the physical assault allegation came out, and now he just pretends like he's in a magical happy-land full of chocolate waterfalls because someone obviously advised him he was being liability.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 1730 Posts

I have a feeling that he is ether lying or he is blowing it out of proportion.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1056 Posts

Don't care about others, I'm loving it. Game is awesome.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22001 Posts

uk sales?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44774 Posts

Meh, not surprised. At this point, with this many installments, the game sells itself. The sales are Gearbox's to lose.

I don't think it's a bad game, I just find most loot n' shoot games incredibly boring. Bullet sponge enemies? No thanks.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44774 Posts

It doesn't happen to support crossplay does it?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24643 Posts

Maybe it's fixed by the time it's released on a real store.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18537 Posts

I had like 5 different versions of borderlands 2, none of which I could maintain focus on to finish.

These games are ok... I may get b3 on heavy Sale

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4417 Posts

Modern day gamers love mediocrity, they buy them despite being technical messes which should not be allowed to occur. About time a heavy regulatory board was put in place so games cannot launch like complete garbage.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26901 Posts
@subspecies said:

...For whatever reason, certain people are obsessed with hating on this game. It's been getting user-review bombed left and right due to Epic exclusivity. Bugs and connectivity issues (which will be patched soon enough) don't help the situation, ...

Uhm...

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10433 Posts

@subspecies said:

For whatever reason, certain people are obsessed with hating on this game.

.. due to Epic exclusivity. Bugs and connectivity issues...

you answered yourself.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Subspecies

@KungfuKitten: Reasons for the bombs. Not the obsessiveness. Gamers can be a neurotic bunch at times.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4308 Posts

Ended up grabbing this one over the weekend to join up with my friends, made it to 50 and through TVHM. It's got some great quality of life improvements for co-op play, and they are a lot less stingy with the loot so you get a lot more orange beams this time around.

But the main quest and story is shit, the new villains cant hold a candle to handsome jack, and the vault hunters straight up do not exist in the main campaign. The main characters of this game are not even drawn into the cut scenes... and are nothing more than bodyguards when mentioned.

This game would have been slammed by mainstream reviews if it didnt pander so hard to the woke media.

Pitchford can kill that noise with his BS tweeting about congruent players. his comparison means nothing for a sequel this huge and this long in the making releasing at a time with virtually no competition. If he really wanted a true comparison for PC players he should have launched side by side on steam and epic.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Subspecies

@ArchoNils2: See my answer to Kungfukitten.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 8835 Posts

@hitmanactual: Don’t doubt it’s a lot of fun. The beef people have is with the performance.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5469 Posts

It's almost as if it has been 8 years since the last good Borderlands game.

Which would also make his tweet a bit meaningless......

Anyway, Pitchford is a wank and I don't want to support him.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 8858 Posts

I had the collectors addition pre-ordered but recently cancelled it when I heard it was having technical issues. I'll definitely get it eventually but I'd rather wait for when they get everything sorted out. That save issue is serious though. My condolences for those that lost their progress. I look forward to playing the game but I want it to be amazing and magical when I start it.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Subspecies

@Zidaneski: Yeah, I'm shelving it until they get the issues sorted out. The game is definitely worth the wait.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23255 Posts

OMG that tweet screams insecurity...... The peak steam numbers of BL 2 from 2012 was 124k...... So There is only 250k peak of players on launch..... that's awful, if it was available on steam and other digital platforms I bet the numbers would have been 4x the amount.

Im glad people are voting with their wallets and making EGS and its bull crap suffer to make the point. Exclusivity of 3rd party games on a sub par digital platform on PC is not what the majority want.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By uninspiredcup

@04dcarraher said:

OMG that tweet screams insecurity...... The peak steam numbers of BL 2 from 2012 was 124k...... So There is only 250k peak of players on launch..... that's awful, if it was available on steam and other digital platforms I bet the numbers would have been 4x the amount.

Im glad people are voting with their wallets and making EGS and its bull crap suffer to make the point. Exclusivity of 3rd party games on a sub par digital platform on PC is not what the majority want.

I'd call it straight up passive-aggressiveness. And yes, good point about 2012, it's a deliberately skewed and unsubstantiated comment, from a source comparable to a sewer gutter.

For comparison, The Witcher 3 sold 10 times as much as Witcher 2.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 3939 Posts

Hate is such misused word, I'd say intense dislike.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27589 Posts

Of course it is. It's a great game to play with friends online.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3736 Posts

I always find it odd when people act like one guy made this game. This is a great game and it's greatness has NOTHING to do with Randy Pitchford. It is the talented developers that clearly took a ton of time and effort to make a great game. I will never understand people hating on an entire company because there is one idiot working at the top who does not even make the game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24643 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

I always find it odd when people act like one guy made this game. This is a great game and it's greatness has NOTHING to do with Randy Pitchford. It is the talented developers that clearly took a ton of time and effort to make a great game. I will never understand people hating on an entire company because there is one idiot working at the top who does not even make the game.

I can understand not wanting to give Randy money by buying the game he's getting money from and how that would feel like supporting someone you don't like. But yeah, sad for those who busted their asses to make a good game.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Steam release, since I don't like Epic or their store, and don't want to show them that I'm ok with them using Fortnite money to pay for games to not come to Steam, a digital platform people actually like as opposed to Epic's crappy one. But I am getting the game eventually, since I care more about me playing a game I find fun than I care about Randy being an asshat.

Since you've played it, how is it performance and bug wise?

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mojito1988

@Litchie said:
@mojito1988 said:

I can understand not wanting to give Randy money by buying the game he's getting money from and how that would feel like supporting someone you don't like. But yeah, sad for those who busted their asses to make a good game.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Steam release, since I don't like Epic or their store, and don't want to show them that I'm ok with them using Fortnite money to pay for games to not come to Steam, a digital platform people actually like as opposed to Epic's crappy one. But I am getting the game eventually, since I care more about me playing a game I find fun than I care about Randy being an asshat.

Since you've played it, how is it performance and bug wise?

People are far overrating about bugs/performance. Day 1 there were performance issues. (framerates primarily) Most have already been ironed out. It runs very smooth for me, and I have not encountered a single bug in my more than 25 hours of gameplay so far. Very well made game overall.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1861 Posts

Yep, I think it sound like a pretty solid game. I'm more interested in the single player than the co-op though.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mojito1988

@thereal25 said:

Yep, I think it sound like a pretty solid game. I'm more interested in the single player than the co-op though.

Just be warned in single player some of the bosses take almost forever. They are made for multiplayer and gearbox does a horrible job at scaling anything for single player. The rest of the game is very manageable solo, but some of those bosses.....yuck.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1861 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@thereal25 said:

Just be warned in single player some of the bosses take almost forever. They are made for multiplayer and gearbox does a horrible job at scaling anything for single player. The rest of the game is very manageable solo, but some of those bosses.....yuck.

You mean moreso than bl2?

Because those bosses didn't bother me too much.

dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dagubot
Member since 2017 • 1438 Posts

My 2 cents; when I first played it I was turned off by the game. I started with Moze; leveled up to 7 with my 2 other buddies and it was cool playing together but the first thing was I wasn't really feeling my character. The 2nd thing was the bugs in the game; damn it was annoying. Just numerous minor issues everywhere. As soon as I jumped into the game the first pistol I got literally did not show so when I would shoot it was just my finger shooting; kind of funny...lol. Eventually the next gun I got it was able to show. I had a glitch with the talents, so it wouldn't let me select my points to put into the talent tree, had to always switch resolutions because the game would always load up a lower resolution for some reason and this is just some of the bugs. Eventually the game froze on me and I had to restart. At this point, I felt it was best to just honestly refund the game.

That all happened on launch day. I went to bed and woke up and after work felt I should just uninstall the game and re-install and give it another go but try a different character and go at it solo; my buddies were already passing me in level so I wasn't going to catch up that quick so I figured I should enjoy the game at my own pace.

Started from scratch; picked Flak and as of now I'm level 32. Loving the game. Solo mode doesn't give me any of the issues I've experienced in co-op; the only thing I still have to do is switch the resolution because every time I'll boot the game it'll still just load up a lower resolution; simple but minor annoyance. Everything else has been working properly for me and I've been enjoying the game. Game does try to be funny too hard sometimes; definitely thought the first 2 were better in the humor section. Game looks pretty damn nice as well. I switch inputs and run it on my OLED since I'm playing solo and it's a smooth 4K 60 fps for me with everything on ultra and turning off volumetric fog, blur, and depth of field. Also, been running it with HDR but got Reshade installed so I'll tweak with that later but yeah...those are my thoughts on the game right now.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mojito1988

@thereal25 said:
@mojito1988 said:
@thereal25 said:

You mean moreso than bl2?

Because those bosses didn't bother me too much.

Yes even more so than BL2. Some are a bit ridiculous. Not a problem in multiplayer though.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4308 Posts
@enzyme36 said:

Ended up grabbing this one over the weekend to join up with my friends, made it to 50 and through TVHM. It's got some great quality of life improvements for co-op play, and they are a lot less stingy with the loot so you get a lot more orange beams this time around.

Nerfed that for you

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98082 Posts

I don't hate the game, I hate the people in charge of it and it's distribution.

And who the hell changed the highlight font colour?

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1759 Posts

@mojito1988 said:
@thereal25 said:

I'm not that great of a player any more, but I haven't had any problems beating the bosses playing single player. Just beat Boss #10 – Billy, The Anointed. Great game by the way!

The font color is also great.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 61809 Posts

A bunch of people willing to eat shit doesn't stop something from being shit.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5170 Posts

Doin' well. Doin' REAL well.

I don't plan on picking up though. Maaaybe later. But I doubt it.