Despite mediocre reviews Day's Gone is selling well

• 154 results
Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#1 Edited by Blackhairedhero (3233 posts) -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2019/04/28/days-gone-ps4-sales-reviews/

Looks like Sony can't stop winning.

#2 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

Game is good. Not great, but every exclusive doesn’t have to be.

Negative reviews?

72 on Metacritic isn’t bad and it’s 78 user.

Not very negative if you ask me.

FO76 is negative.

#3 Posted by lundy86_4 (53654 posts) -

Day's Gone is probably decent, but utilizing this as the "Sony can't stop winning," point is pretty lame. The game is average, but Sony's first-party sell... They've been on a roll this gen.

#4 Posted by mazuiface (918 posts) -

From what I have seen, it's got a decent core system with bare-bones content and reviews say story is not very satisfying.
Good for those who enjoy it though.

#5 Edited by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

@lundy86_4: “Sony’s first parties sell”...I’m not implying you’re saying it but I hope you’re not saying that in any negative way like “even if it’s mediocre cows will buy it”....bc that’s been Nintendo’s MO for a long long time now and it’s always been more of a positive thing.

#6 Posted by KBFloYd (21894 posts) -

lol the UK

#7 Posted by pdogg93 (1663 posts) -

@KBFloYd: how’s nintendo’s google cardboard competitor doing for you

#8 Posted by Random_Matt (4294 posts) -
@pdogg93 said:

@KBFloYd: how’s nintendo’s google cardboard competitor doing for you

Probably shit, just like how the British do not buy much Nintendo garbage, he's upset about that too.

#9 Posted by PC_Rocks (2560 posts) -

I hope that's true for Bend's sake or they will be on the chopping block; speaking of which Driveclub also sold well but Motorstorm wasn't that lucky.

#10 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44181 posts) -

It's an exclusive, if there's one thing those PS4 owners live for, it's exclusives.

#11 Edited by BassMan (10580 posts) -
@mrbojangles25 said:

It's an exclusive, if there's one thing those PS4 owners live for, it's exclusives.

Well, of course. Why else own a PS4 or any other console other than exclusives? They are useless otherwise. PCMR! :)

#12 Posted by Litchie (24156 posts) -

That sucks. But we already know PS4 gamers don't have the highest of standards. More generic movie games incoming.

#13 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Well, of course. Why else own a PS4 or any other console other than exclusives? They are useless otherwise. PCMR! :)

Lol, beggar race. Have fun with your 2D indie exclusives and getting ripped of by Nvidia.

Is Red dead 2 on PC already....? LOOOL

#14 Edited by BassMan (10580 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Lol, beggar race. Have fun with your 2D indie exclusives and getting ripped of by Nvidia.

Not yet. Can you play it properly on console? No... so no bragging rights to be had until it can be played properly.

#15 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Not yet. Can you play it properly on console? No... so no bragging rights to be had until it can be played properly.

Wut? Can you play it properly on console? Of course, it plays great.

Ow wait, you guys can only play a game at 120 fps right? LMFAO

#16 Posted by phbz (4599 posts) -

That's what happens when your system has no games. And good that Dreams is on early access or it would have been a second review disaster for the month.

#17 Edited by BassMan (10580 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:
@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:

I prefer to play at 120fps, but proper gaming starts at 60fps. It is a basic standard for many years and is not hard to do... unless you play on console that is. 30fps....

#18 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:
@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:

I prefer to play at 120fps, but proper gaming starts at 60fps. It is a basic standard for many years and is not hard to do... unless you play on console that is. 30fps....

Sucks you're playing Red Dead Redemption 2 at 0 fps...

#19 Posted by DoomNukem3D (382 posts) -

It's not uncommon for mediocre games to sell well. Also system elitism is still sad

#20 Edited by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -

Generic TPS (with generic zombies) game sells well on a console with 95+ million users?

WHOA AMAZING NEWS.

#21 Posted by BassMan (10580 posts) -

@knight-k: I have a PS4 Pro, but I refuse to play RDR2 at 30fps. I would rather wait to play it properly on PC.

#22 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1731 posts) -

@BassMan said:

@knight-k: I have a PS4 Pro, but I refuse to play RDR2 at 30fps. I would rather wait to play it properly on PC.

The aiming is worse. Sensitivity-wise, one of the worst modern shooters. I refuse to play this without a mouse.

#23 Posted by BassMan (10580 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:
@BassMan said:

The aiming is worse. Sensitivity-wise, one of the worst modern shooters. I refuse to play this without a mouse.

Mouse aiming is better, but I will probably play it on PC with a controller for the character movement and horse riding. As always... you get to play the way you want on PC... unlike shit consoles.

#24 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -
@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:
@knight-k said:
@BassMan said:
@knight-k said:

Sucks you're playing Red Dead Redemption 2 at 0 fps...

Sucks your playing Warhammer Total War 2 as 0 fps...

the **** is the point in that statement?

#25 Posted by Sevenizz (4028 posts) -

When there’s nothing to buy, you buy something.

Seriously, for all this talk of the playstation brand being a great ecosystem for exclusives, you only hear of the same three or four games over and over again. And they don’t even have multiplayer so the replay-ability factor is very low. The ps4 has been out for what, 6 years now? Pretty pathetic.

#26 Edited by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

When there’s nothing to buy, you buy something.

Seriously, for all this talk of the playstation brand being a great ecosystem for exclusives, you only hear of the same three or four games over and over again. And they don’t even have multiplayer so the replay-ability factor is very low. The ps4 has been out for what, 6 years now? Pretty pathetic.

HAHAHA, is a lemming trying to bash PS4 exclusives because of one flop?!

What's pretty pathetic is Xbone only having one shitty racing game that's worth playing as an exclusive, everything else flopped or is mediocre at best.

No wonder nobody is buying an Xbone, is crap in all regards especially in the thing it was designed for, games.

Meanwhile PS4 almost at 100 mil lemming, Xbone at what? 40 mil? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#27 Posted by I_P_Daily (12366 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

You call yourself a "master race" and yet PC doesn't even have RDR2.

Oh let me guess the excuse, well you guys are beta testing it for us, laster race confirmed LMFAO.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#28 Edited by SolidGame_basic (24381 posts) -

Well according to people on SW, reviews don’t matter. So why should that affect sales then?

#29 Posted by BassMan (10580 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Oh let me guess the excuse, well you guys are beta testing it for us, laster race confirmed LMFAO.

Like I said before... Until RDR2 can be played properly, there are no bragging rights to be had. So, I have no issue waiting for the PC version.

#30 Edited by I_P_Daily (12366 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Like I said before... Until RDR2 can be played properly, there are no bragging rights to be had. So, I have no issue waiting for the PC version.

A master doesn't not wait for peasants to play it first, that's why console gamers are kings while you hermits are mere court jesters LOL.

#31 Posted by BassMan (10580 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

A master doesn't not wait for peasants to play it first, that's why console gamers are kings while you hermits are mere court jesters LOL.

#32 Posted by uninspiredcup (34431 posts) -

Although the game looks garbo, some of these reviews are politically driven progressives trying to influence gaming. punishing the game for dumb shit like "saving a woman" and "white male who doesn't cry like a bitch".

So good.

#33 Posted by I_P_Daily (12366 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

I see simple facts have you tongue tied, well there isn't much else you can do other than wait for console gamers seconds LOL.

#34 Edited by DaVillain- (37605 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Maybe you have a point, but I do know few PC gamers already played RDR2 on their PS4 console and as for me, sure I can play it anytime but Western games normally isn't my thing, so yeah, not missing much and even if RDR2 was coming to PC, I was gonna wait for GOTY edition anyways lol.

I wouldn't mind playing RDR2 on PS4 if that was the case.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#35 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4924 posts) -

I'm sure everyone who pre-ordered it already committed to it. This wasn't going to go down like Crackdown 3, which every Bone-fan claimed to love, but the game made like Nathan Drake and ended up being uncharted on every sales list. Or course it didn't review as bad around the board I guess. The sales for Days Gone should be okay in the end.

#36 Posted by DaVillain- (37605 posts) -

Nice to hear Zombie games are still selling like hot cakes.

#37 Posted by MonsieurX (39182 posts) -

Pre-orders + PS4 game drought, I guess

#38 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Zombie games are always popular.

#39 Posted by MonsieurX (39182 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@MonsieurX said:

Zombie games are always popular.

No matter the quality, classic cows.

#40 Posted by Sevenizz (4028 posts) -

@knight-k: One racing game? Hardly. Try the entire Halo and Gears collection - complete with multiplayer and you’re set for an entire generation of some of the best gaming has to offer. Have fun with your one ending story games you’ll never pick up again after completion - hence why this crappy motorcycle zombie game is selling. Ps4 owners wouldn’t know good gaming if it hit them on their soft little head.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#41 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4924 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

@knight-k: One racing game? Hardly. Try the entire Halo and Gears collection - complete with multiplayer and you’re set for an entire generation of some of the best gaming has to offer. Have fun with your one ending story games you’ll never pick up again after completion - hence why this crappy motorcycle zombie game is selling. Ps4 owners wouldn’t know good gaming if it hit them on their soft little head.

Halo collection was fucking broken for the first 3 years of its existence. You better come up with some better examples of the games you keep having to play online over and over again because all the new shit keeps tanking. HAHAHAHA!

#42 Posted by sleepnsurf (3212 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

lol the UK

Yeah UK taste is crap.

#43 Posted by Sam3231 (2566 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: No it wasn't. It was maybe kind of broken for a year and currently is more active than UC4.

#44 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Muh "Halo/forza/gears", damn nothing changed for you guys since 2005. The same rehashed crappy exclusives and being last in sales.

#45 Posted by jcrame10 (5161 posts) -

The IGN and GameSpot reviews are pretty bad. Not the game. It’s pretty fun. Only complaints:

-Menu is overwhelming at first and confusing, took a few hours to get used to what I was doing and switching on the fly

-bike could be faster, refilling gas tank gets annoying as it doesn’t last long so you’re constantly having to watch where you’re riding

-finding crafting items can be tedious (couldn’t clear out Freaker nests for a mission because I didn’t have materials to make more Molotovs)

-who though R1 as the roll button was a good idea? It should be circle.

#46 Posted by watercrack445 (1749 posts) -

Norman Reedus

#47 Posted by jcrame10 (5161 posts) -

@Sevenizz: I’d rather play uncharted or last of us MP than gears or halo

#48 Posted by sleepnsurf (3212 posts) -
@jcrame10 said:

@Sevenizz: I’d rather play uncharted or last of us MP than gears or halo

Yuck, have fun playing Brazilian gang wars with ping out the roof. Awful comparison.

#49 Posted by freedomfreak (51244 posts) -
@jcrame10 said:

The IGN and GameSpot reviews are pretty bad. Not the game. It’s pretty fun. Only complaints:

-Menu is overwhelming at first and confusing, took a few hours to get used to what I was doing and switching on the fly

-bike could be faster, refilling gas tank gets annoying as it doesn’t last long so you’re constantly having to watch where you’re riding

-finding crafting items can be tedious (couldn’t clear out Freaker nests for a mission because I didn’t have materials to make more Molotovs)

-who though R1 as the roll button was a good idea? It should be circle.

How long have you been playing? And look for fuel canisters if you don't have enough materials for molotovs.

And you can swap the roll button with the crouch button.

#50 Posted by cainetao11 (36725 posts) -

Proving once again that other people’s opinions don’t matter when people want to play a game.