Despicable practices by Microsoft exposed-FUD/MS shills

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By monsterpuncher
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Reddit-Xbox-One-Reputation-Management-upvote-downvote,23014.html

Microsoft may have hired a PR firm to manage its reputation on Reddit in light of the Xbox One console

"Business Insider reports that representatives of Microsoft are trolling through Reddit in search of comments about the upcoming Xbox One console. They are reportedly voting up positive comments and voting down the negative ones, and adding pro-Xbox One comments of their own."

"News of Microsoft artificially inflating hype over the Xbox One stems from a Reddit user named "Misty Silver". This individual claims he/she works for a marketing firm in Redmond that has a contract with Microsoft."

Alarming^

More evidence of debauchery from Microsoft:

*from wiki definition of FUD

www.wikipedia.org

"FUD is generally a strategic attempt to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information."

"The term became most often associated with software industry giant Microsoft."

Roger Irwin said:

"Microsoft soon picked up the art of FUD from IBM, and throughout the '80s used FUD as a primary marketing tool, much as IBM had in the previous decade. They ended up out FUD-ding IBM themselves during the OS/2 vs Win3.1 years."

”The leaked internal Microsoft "Halloween documents" stated "OSS [Open Source Software] is long-term credible... [therefore] FUD tactics cannot be used to combat it."Open source software, and the GNU/Linux community in particular, are widely perceived as frequent targets of Microsoft FUD:Statements about the "viral nature"of the GNU General Public License (GPL).Statements that "...FOSS [Free and open source software] infringes on no fewer than 235 Microsoft patents," before software patent law precedents were even established. Statements that Windows has lower total cost of ownership (TCO) than Linux, in Microsoft's "Get-The-Facts" campaign. It turned out that they were comparing Linux on a very expensive IBM Mainframe to Windows on a PC. Statements that "If an open source software solution breaks, who's gonna fix it?"

Also, Albert Penello of Microsoft was recently caught trying to spread FUD on a big gaming forum; out right lying about the PS4's specs, purposely spreading misinformation, and doing dubious math to make the xbone appear stronger (graphically) then it really is.Sony has grounds for a legal lawsuite against Microsoft.

^ Microsoft is still as dirty, and shady as ever. Never mind that Microsoft has already tried to take consumer rights away from gamers and only pulled the plug at the last second because they saw they were losing pre-orders.

Microsoft had the knife in their hands and ready to stab us before cops came at the last second and Microsoft was forced to put the knife down.

Whats to stop Microsoft from trying it all over again?

Microsoft is to never be trusted on any front. And also, the next time you see a "poster" praising anything xbone/downplaying anything playstation...remember this potent information. Disregard their "opinions" immediately

Another heads up: A new shill tactic from Microsoft shills is to say "both xbox and PS4 look great so im getting both" or "if you care about specs just get a PC."

Watch out for that too.

And if you see the same anti-playstation or pro-xbone arguements popping over and over again, like "xbone DRM is just like steam" than its a collective Microsoft shill effort.

Also be aware of Microsoft shill sites like Digital Foundry/Eurogamer and what they say.

I hope my fellow gamers can now be better equipped to spot Microsoft's BS and FUD.

Dont forget all the NSA and Microsoft connections too. Microsoft is truly corporate greed and scum. Microsoft is the WORST and most corrupt company to ever get into gaming. Ever. Be aware my friends

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

June 7th 2013

Congratulations time traveler, welcome to the future!!!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

You need to stop crying.

At the end of the day, this is still unproven.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Another sheen having a meltdown.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

voicereason...is that you?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Is the op just horribly formatted (despite being cow jibberish) or is it just the new layout that makes it difficult to read?.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CaseyWegner

this is my favorite part of the article.

"Check this douchebag's post history. He is a Microsoft rep. Every single one of his posts is to defend MS," one Reddit user said.

how many people here fall into the category of "everything they post is to defend (insert system name here)?"

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By monsterpuncher

@lundy86_4 said:

You need to stop crying.

@lundy86_4 said:

You need to stop crying.

This is all emprical and undenibale. Just put two and two together

Microsoft has a proven shady history too so I dont know how any one could doubt....unless they are a Microsoft shill

Talk about an xbot being in denial.

I bet that you also think Microsoft's heavy ties to the NSA are "unproven" too.

Some really delusional xbots here...like you? Are you a Microsoft shill?

Reality is reality.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

What company doesn't do this?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CaseyWegner

@monsterpuncher said:

@lundy86_4 said:

You need to stop crying.

@lundy86_4 said:

You need to stop crying.

This is all emprical undenibale proof lol

Talk about an xbot being in extreme denial.

I bet that you also think Microsoft's heavy ties to the NSA are "unproven" too. Some really delusional xbots here. Are you a Microsoft shill? Reality is reality

are you a sony shill?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lundy86_4  Online

@monsterpuncher: It seems to be largely speculation, based on your own link. Hell, the article title is a question.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Snugenz

@monsterpuncher: ...brofists?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Of course this stuff is unproven, but honesty how could it ever be proven? People just like to cloak themselves in denial in order to avoid being stressed out about these things.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Another tactic is MS paying gaming news sites to always put Xbox first in the headings. Ever notice how common it is that news sites says "Xbox One and PS4" and how rare it is the other way around? It's to make PS4 seem secondary to Xbox. Normally, I would laugh at this type of thinking and call myself paranoid. But 95% of the time, Xbox is first. That's not normal. I can't stand MS and their tactics.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CaseyWegner

@Snugenz said:

@monsterpuncher: ...brofists?

of course.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Inspired by Stringerboy.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

neogaf was infested with marketing shills. And Albert Penello has been the King of all FUD. I think they just keep him around to laugh at him now. Microsoft has no shame.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@freedomfreak said:

Inspired by Stringerboy.

Brilliant.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snugenz

There's no greater a company shill than brofists ( the OP for those lucky enough to have never met the person before).

He puts these MS guys to shame. And he doesn't even get paid, atleast they have a valid excuse.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CaseyWegner

@monsterpuncher said:

@CaseyWegner:

something on your mind?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@CaseyWegner said:

"Check this douchebag's post history. He is a Microsoft rep. Every single one of his posts is to defend MS," one Reddit user said.

how many people here fall into the category of "everything they post is to defend (insert system name here)?"

Well you never know i have been here since 2003 so even that i defend sony i am not a shill,but there is a barrage of new accounts defending MS,and some of them actually have pull the i would buy both and the both look good arguments as well.

You never know MS is not the most sue company on this planet because they play nice,and some of the tactics they pull with the xbox 360 down right strike the line of dirty tactics like forcing developers to have parity on disc or they refuse to allow to the game to be release,this has the effect of limiting any developer who wanted to use blu-ray to the fullest by adding extra content on disc.

The whole Panello crap is true and he and MS clowns have been trying no end to downplay any advantage the PS4 has,the latest one GDDR5 is some how bad,miss quoting sony info like the whole 14+4 CU to claim that they make the right choice with a their GPU been 14 CU balance,when in reality the GPU has 2 CU off and only 12 work.

Is like they want to picture the xbox one as the most balance console that would be 140% effective vs the PS4 that will be 65% effective to they can be on par or like some of them have claim even beat the PS4.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CaseyWegner

@tormentos said:

@CaseyWegner said:

Well you never know i have been here since 2003 so even that i defend sony i am not a shill,but there is a barrage of new accounts defending MS,and some of them actually have pull the i would buy both and the both look good arguments as well.

You never know MS is not the most sue company on this planet because they play nice,and some of the tactics they pull with the xbox 360 down right strike the line of dirty tactics like forcing developers to have parity on disc or they refuse to allow to the game to be release,this has the effect of limiting any developer who wanted to use blu-ray to the fullest by adding extra content on disc.

The whole Panello crap is true and he and MS clowns have been trying no end to downplay any advantage the PS4 has,the latest one GDDR5 is some how bad,miss quoting sony info like the whole 14+4 CU to claim that they make the right choice with a their GPU been 14 CU balance,when in reality the GPU has 2 CU off and only 12 work.

Is like they want to picture the xbox one as the most balance console that would be 140% effective vs the PS4 that will be 65% effective to they can be on par or like some of them have claim even beat the PS4.

i was just referring to the guy not realizing what a fanboy is. there are a ton of people here that would fit his definition of a ms or sony rep. take the OP, for example.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@tormentos said:

@CaseyWegner said:

Get lost shill.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Shills have been exposed on this site as well. It's just business.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos

@clyde46:

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa..

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By clyde46

@tormentos said:

@clyde46:

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa..

Sony Defense Force, member No 1.

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By monsterpuncher

@masiisam: Not all companies are the same. Microsoft is the poster company for FUD for crying out loud. Point is Microsoft is by far the worst. BY FAR. Its proven. You knew the point

@caseywagner: Ive been gaming since I was a kid. Ive always been a gamer...and of course I prefer the Playstation much over the xbox, especially now...Playstation 2 & 3 were better....Playstation 4 is magnitudes better then the xbone...etc....

Sony has been the one supporting gamers the most too so I always support Sony. That doesnt make me a shill. If anything, it makes me more of a REAL GAMER!

Why would I support Microsoft when Microsoft has done nothing but screw over the gamer i.e rehashing the same old boring repetitive cookie cutter corridor Gears/Halo shooters, enforcing Kinect, which is now a spy cam, hiding basic features behind xbox live paywall fees, the VERY FACT Microsoft tried to take consumer rights away etc etc etc and I can keeping going on and on

Im NOT going to be forced into supporting a mega shady corp in Microsoft just for the sake of forced neutrality....I dont care if i appear biased to xbots lol...Its PS4 all the way....its better in every respect....

And Sony is so much better then Microsoft when it comes to ethics, buisness, philosophy etc. Never buying a shitty Microsoft product again in fact. If im a Sony fanboy so be it! Sony treats gamers right! If loving Playstation makes me wrong then I dont want to be right!!!

You xbots are truly delusional. YOU xbots should be the ones questioned. You call yourselfes gamers yet support an anti-consumer/anti-gamer Microsoft over a passionate and genuine GAMING centric-gaming friendly Sony? Makes NO SENSE

MAKES NO SENSE to get an xbone over the PS4 either when PS4 is primarily a GAMING console, unlike the cable box/spy box known as the xbone, and when to boot PS4 does everything better for less (50% more powerful 100$ cheaper) while having more support from Sony/better exclusive library/more potent developers/better developers etc

P.S

LOL at Snugenz, clyde46, lundy86_4 and freedomfreak, all known xbots or xbots who pose as PC fanboys and hide behind the PC etc.

Like if we never couldve figured out what position they would take here. Such extreme cases of xbots in denial. I wouldnt be suprised if all are delusional

Caseywagner is just a little more subtle but he is an obvious xbox fanboy or PC fanboy...no matter how subtle its always easy to spot

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tormentos

@clyde46 said:

@tormentos said:

@clyde46:

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa..

Come on should i note that the only 2 platforms you defend here are both ruled by MS.? hahahaha....

And you have say several times that if you want graphics go PC...:lol:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46

@tormentos said:

@clyde46 said:

@tormentos said:

@clyde46:

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa..

Come on should i note that the only 2 platforms you defend here are both ruled by MS.? hahahaha....

And you have say several times that if you want graphics go PC...:lol:

Implying I support MS.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Sounds like Xbounity.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I would say I'm surprised but I'm really not.

I would also say I suspect Sony of similar shenanigans, but they are so god awful at marketing that I honestly doubt they have the ability.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Microsoft ... showing signs they are scared of Free and Open Source Software?

Good.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#35 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I find it funny that things like this are said to be despicable practices but hardly anyone talks about the way the people who manufacture this shit get treated.

Tsnapes022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tsnapes022
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@CaseyWegner said:

@monsterpuncher said:

@lundy86_4 said:

You need to stop crying.

@lundy86_4 said:

You need to stop crying.

This is all emprical undenibale proof lol

Talk about an xbot being in extreme denial.

I bet that you also think Microsoft's heavy ties to the NSA are "unproven" too. Some really delusional xbots here. Are you a Microsoft shill? Reality is reality

are you a sony shill?

beat me to it :)

so much hate for something so small. If i made a console id try to sell it too. others may not see it that way but i don't like others

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@freedomfreak: Awesome!

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

lol, so many die hards.

After MS tried to pull off always online DRM and no used games it shouldn't surprise anyone what MS would do for the sake of making a dollar. I am actually more shocked at the fanboys who try to downplay this than the fact that this was reported.

but then again maybe they aren't real fans, maybe they are the very people this report is talking about.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

i'm not sure i would really call this despicable. to be honest it's to be expected, we live in an online, social media world

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

My jaw hit the floor. :(

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lostrib

So you think sony is all good then?

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By casharmy

@monsterpuncher:

Casey Wegner is not subtle, he has been an xbox360 fanboy ever since he was a mod from 2007 and before.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CaseyWegner

@monsterpuncher said:

@masiisam: Not all companies are the same. Microsoft is the poster company for FUD for crying out loud. Point is Microsoft is by far the worst. BY FAR. Its proven. You knew the point

@caseywagner: Ive been gaming since I was a kid. Ive always been a gamer...and of course I prefer the Playstation, especially now...Playstation is better....Playstation 4 is magnitudes better then the xbone...etc....

Sony has been the one most for the gamer too so i support Sony. That doesnt make me a shill.

Why would I support Microsoft when Microsoft has done nothing but screw over the gamer i.e rehashing the same old boring repetitive cookie cutter corridor Gears/Halo shooters, enforcing Kinect, which is now a spy cam, hiding basic features behind xbox live paywall fees, the VERY FACT Microsoft tried to take consumer rights away etc etc etc and I can keeping going on and on

Im NOT going to be forced to support a mega shady corp in Microsoft just for the sake of forced neutrality....I dont care if i appear biased to xbots lol...Its PS4 all the way....its better in every respect....

And Sony is so much better then Microsoft when it comes to ethics, buisness, philosophy etc. Never buying a shitty Microsoft product again in fact. If im a Sony fanboy so be it! Sony treats gamers right!

You xbots are just delusional. YOU xbots should be the ones questioned. You call yourselfes gamers yet support an anti-consumer/anti-gamer Microsoft over a passionate and genuine GAMING centric-gaming friendly Sony? Makes NO SENSE

MAKES NO SENSE to get an xbone over the PS4 either when PS4 is primarily a GAMING console, unlike the cable box/spy box known as the xbone, and when to boot PS4 does everything better for less (50% more powerful 100$ cheaper) while having more support from Sony/better exclusive library/more potent developers/better developers etc

P.S

LOL at Snugenz, clyde46, lundy86_4 and freedomfreak, all known xbots or hermits posing as etc.

Yeah like if we never couldve figured out what position they would take. Such extreme cases of xbots in denial. I wouldnt be suprised if all are delusional

Caseywagner is more subtle but he is an obvious xbox fanboy or PC fanboy

if you can't tell what i am then maybe i'm not a fanboy at all. as for everything else you said, you're not helping your case, dude. you sound exactly like what you're condemning in this thread...just for sony instead of microsoft. you really can't see that?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CaseyWegner

@casharmy said:

@monsterpuncher:

Casey Wegner is not subtle, he has been an xbox360 fanboy ever since he was a mod from 2007 and before.

oh really? care to offer some sort of evidence there? and how do you debunk the overwhelming amount of evidence that proves otherwise?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lostrib

@CaseyWegner said:

@casharmy said:

@monsterpuncher:

oh really? care to offer some sort of evidence there? and how do you debunk the overwhelming amount of evidence that proves otherwise?

This is 2013, we can make whatever baseless claims we want and label people accordingly. Just look at George Zimmerman

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By casharmy

@CaseyWegner:

lol, take heart Casey, This new forum has nurfed the ability to pull old threads and posts from users like yourself who have a known history of blind fanboyism towards companies and or products and fans of a certain group.

Most people who have a long history know you as an xbox fanboy who like to hide behind PC (many xbox fans are known for doing this now but you were one of the first to use this "I am a hermit so don't call me a lemming" BTW "sony, ps fans and PS3 games suck compared to anything MS and xbox" hiding tactic)

Me posting that wasn't something that I needed to prove, it was simply to alert him of who he was dealing with, your unavoidable blind bias and fanboy actions will be seen soon enough as you continue to post.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CaseyWegner

@casharmy said:

@CaseyWegner:

lol, take heart Casey, This new forum has nurfed the ability to pull old threads and posts from users like yourself who have a known history of blind fanboyism towards companies and or products and fans of a certain group.

Most people who have a long history know you as an xbox fanboy who like to hide behind PC (many xbox fans are known for doing this now but you were one of the first to use this "I am a hermit so don't call me a lemming" BTW "sony, ps fans and PS3 games suck compared to anything MS and xbox" hiding tactic)

Me posting that wasn't something that I needed to prove, it was simply to alert him of who he was dealing with, your unavoidable blind bias and fanboy actions will be seen soon enough as you continue to post.

so you have nothing. got it. same as always. you see what you want to see and ignore everything else.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lundy86_4  Online

Is Casharmy crushing hard on Casey, again? Love it.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@CaseyWegner said:

voicereason...is that you?

more like brofists aka boxingandgaming aka voicereason.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

2/10 at least try to be subtle