defending the 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

limitless_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 limitless_rage
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts
Why do so many people defend the 360 like it was their mothers? Seriously I know there are good games out there for it (like mass effect, gears of war, bioshock .... well thats pretty much it as far as exclusives) but some of these lemmings have had to refub. their systems like 4 times. Don't get me wrong i own one ... that ive had to replace 5 times now(damn you ms) yet i havent had to replace my ps3 yet. Its gotten to the point were even if a game is better on 360 i buy it on ps3 because i know that when i want to play it i can. So here is what i want to know ... why do people still keep defending MS? And furthermore, why bash the ps3? It has a solid library of games (especially when compared to the 360 1 year after its release) with a ton of built in goodies like blu-ray and wi-fi. Plus its nowhere near as defective. So please explain lemmings...
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
its system wars...every1 here defends their system and bashes other systems not just lemmings
pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pro-nathan-07
Member since 2007 • 1591 Posts
mass effect, gears and bioshock are not the only good games on 360 lol
jetpropilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jetpropilot
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

lots of people feel threatened

they may have opted to go with the 360 first because that was the first of the next-gen consoles to arrive

and now that they're seeing options that may be better or more innovative or less prone to breakdown, they feel upset, threatened

hence the need to go allout to defend it

Abstract_Choas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Abstract_Choas
Member since 2008 • 466 Posts
note gears of war and bioshock are also avalible on PC. so not exclusive
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

Why do so many people defend the 360 like it was their mothers? Seriously I know there are good games out there for it (like mass effect, gears of war, bioshock .... well thats pretty much it as far as exclusives) but some of these lemmings have had to refub. their systems like 4 times. Don't get me wrong i own one ... that ive had to replace 5 times now(damn you ms) yet i havent had to replace my ps3 yet. Its gotten to the point were even if a game is better on 360 i buy it on ps3 because i know that when i want to play it i can. So here is what i want to know ... why do people still keep defending MS? And furthermore, why bash the ps3? It has a solid library of games (especially when compared to the 360 1 year after its release) with a ton of built in goodies like blu-ray and wi-fi. Plus its nowhere near as defective. So please explain lemmings...limitless_rage

Because ALL PS3 only games so far are LAUGHABLE, and 2008 will be worst IMO

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

Why do so many people defend the 360 like it was their mothers? Seriously I know there are good games out there for it (like mass effect, gears of war, bioshock .... well thats pretty much it as far as exclusives) but some of these lemmings have had to refub. their systems like 4 times. Don't get me wrong i own one ... that ive had to replace 5 times now(damn you ms) yet i havent had to replace my ps3 yet. Its gotten to the point were even if a game is better on 360 i buy it on ps3 because i know that when i want to play it i can. So here is what i want to know ... why do people still keep defending MS? And furthermore, why bash the ps3? It has a solid library of games (especially when compared to the 360 1 year after its release) with a ton of built in goodies like blu-ray and wi-fi. Plus its nowhere near as defective. So please explain lemmings...limitless_rage

Why is it that the magic number of 360's a cow has been through is 5? It's always 5.

Needless to say, I'm willing to say you're full of it.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts

omg u talking bad about the 360? watz ur address ima get u

omglolercake

MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrPostman4Chi
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts
Wow so people can defend the PS3 the Wii and PC gaming but they cant defend the 360?DUMBASS THREAD
sixpmtvwatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sixpmtvwatcher
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
people needed a scapegoat and that was the ps3 cos of its price. its sorta like DRIV3R. if you remember the game wasnt that bad but most people made it look like the disaster of the decade. basically people need something to bash just for kicks. the ps3 isnt doing well but when you hear someone saying 'wahhhh, cows dont have nothing to play, go home and cry' it really makes you wonder about the naivety of this forum.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

note gears of war and bioshock are also avalible on PC. so not exclusiveAbstract_Choas

Either way, MS still wins.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
because they think it is a GREAT system based on their personal experiences.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

mass effect, gears and bioshock are not the only good games on 360 lol pro-nathan-07

he said exclusives...

After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
I've only replaced my system once, and a completely new Xbox came within 2-3 weeks.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

[QUOTE="limitless_rage"] Why do so many people defend the 360 like it was their mothers? Seriously I know there are good games out there for it (like mass effect, gears of war, bioshock .... well thats pretty much it as far as exclusives) but some of these lemmings have had to refub. their systems like 4 times. Don't get me wrong i own one ... that ive had to replace 5 times now(damn you ms) yet i havent had to replace my ps3 yet. Its gotten to the point were even if a game is better on 360 i buy it on ps3 because i know that when i want to play it i can. So here is what i want to know ... why do people still keep defending MS? And furthermore, why bash the ps3? It has a solid library of games (especially when compared to the 360 1 year after its release) with a ton of built in goodies like blu-ray and wi-fi. Plus its nowhere near as defective. So please explain lemmings... saolin323

Because ALL PS3 only games so far are LAUGHABLE, and 2008 will be worst IMO

question, have you ever played all of these ps3 games which you say are laughable

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
"That's it as far as exclusives." That's how far I got, only 1/3 of what you listed is exclusive. :|
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
for reliability i have to say ps2 and 360 in my case it is about the same after 1 year and a half my 1st ps2 and 360 broke , but MS send me a other and sony nothing so in that case MS win and for the game i dont see nothing on the ps3 worth a buy for the time being , maybe i will be a late adopter !
jetpropilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jetpropilot
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

Because ALL PS3 only games so far are LAUGHABLE, and 2008 will be worst IMOsaolin323

I guess the ps3 outselling the 360 in 2007 was thigh-slappingly-hilarious then even with that anemic game lineup

yeah, i thought so

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
Just wait. Killzone 2 will own anything.
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts

[QUOTE="saolin323"]Because ALL PS3 only games so far are LAUGHABLE, and 2008 will be worst IMOjetpropilot

I guess the ps3 outselling the 360 in 2007 was thigh-slappingly-hilarious then even with that anemic game lineup

yeah, i thought so

MS 1st year was better than sony 1st year !
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _en1gma_

Just wait. Killzone 2 will own anything. nVidiaGaMer

Just wait.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Tit for tat, give and take, this or that. Sure the 360 have hardware problems but the software just makes up for that and then some. Sure the PS3 doesn't have a large library of games yet but the reliable hardware just makes up for it. Time can be a friend or an enemy. Once these problems are resolved there wouldn't be a reason to attack or defend the consoles. Unless one console have the better versions of games. Systems Wars will never end.

Just_in

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Just_in
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts

Yep, automatic 10 on gamespot.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _en1gma_

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]Just wait. Killzone 2 will own anything. Just_in

I guarantee it won't get a 10. LMAO.

MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrPostman4Chi

I olny defend the 360's games and Xbox Live becuz all the games on the 360 are great and Xbox Live is the best online service on a console.When it comes to the hardware i could care less what anyone says about it.The rrod is a big problem and i wont defend that problem in any way cuz it shouldnt be a problem at all.

But just dont talk about the games or Live or else im gon be all over you like a spider monkey.

limitless_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 limitless_rage

[QUOTE="limitless_rage"]Why do so many people defend the 360 like it was their mothers? Seriously I know there are good games out there for it (like mass effect, gears of war, bioshock .... well thats pretty much it as far as exclusives) but some of these lemmings have had to refub. their systems like 4 times. Don't get me wrong i own one ... that ive had to replace 5 times now(damn you ms) yet i havent had to replace my ps3 yet. Its gotten to the point were even if a game is better on 360 i buy it on ps3 because i know that when i want to play it i can. So here is what i want to know ... why do people still keep defending MS? And furthermore, why bash the ps3? It has a solid library of games (especially when compared to the 360 1 year after its release) with a ton of built in goodies like blu-ray and wi-fi. Plus its nowhere near as defective. So please explain lemmings...MortalDecay

Why is it that the magic number of 360's a cow has been through is 5? It's always 5.

Well it was 4 until dec ... And needless to say i am not full of it. Hell i even bought a halo 3 edition (5th) so that i won't have so many problems. So far its worked out pretty well, but if you would rather talk to me about it my tags are as follows:

xbl:limitless81

psn:linitless

i can assure you i own both consoles and would be more than willing to tell you the finer points.

MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrPostman4Chi
[QUOTE="Just_in"]

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]Just wait. Killzone 2 will own anything. _en1gma_

If Killzone 2 scores a 10 i will throw my 360 out of my window and put a video of me doing it on youtube lol.I swear i would.
limitless_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 limitless_rage

Well it was 4 until dec ... And needless to say i am not full of it. Hell i even bought a halo 3 edition (5th) so that i won't have so many problems. So far its worked out pretty well, but if you would rather talk to me about it my tags are as follows:

xbl:limitless81

psn:linitless

i can assure you i own both consoles and would be more than willing to tell you the finer points.

limitless_rage

*note:psn:limitless

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Just_in"]

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]Just wait. Killzone 2 will own anything. MrPostman4Chi

If Killzone 2 scores a 10 i will throw my 360 out of my window and put a video of me doing it on youtube lol.I swear i would.

Well it wouldn't matter either way. That 360 will eventually get the RROD, anyways. =P

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="saolin323"]Because ALL PS3 only games so far are LAUGHABLE, and 2008 will be worst IMOjetpropilot

yeah, i thought so

I guess the Wii being out of stock since Nov wouldnt have a impact on the PS3 sales :roll:

I admit the only reason why I have a ps3 is cause Wiis are insanely hard to get here in Colorado.

Avatar image for OPRFWrestler112
OPRFWrestler112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OPRFWrestler112
Member since 2007 • 1570 Posts

I'm rooting for the PS3 as much as the 360, but why does every PS3 owner think K2 will be so great? The first one sucked, so why will K2 be much better? I'm much rather looking foward to MGS4 thankyouverymuch

MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrPostman4Chi
[QUOTE="MrPostman4Chi"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Just_in"]

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]Just wait. Killzone 2 will own anything. _en1gma_

Well it wouldn't matter either way. That 360 will eventually get the RROD, anyways. =P

LOL,It actually it has RROD right but like it goes away for like a month then it comes back and i have to put the towels around it and stuff,and on top of that my disc tray is really really jacked up so i wouldnt care much eother,i plan on buying a core soon though.Then im gonna throw the broke 360 outta the window if K2 scores a 10 ha.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Because I see terrible, ill-informed arguments from Sony fans: one recent poster actually tried to claim that PS3 had 16 cores. Since I'm here because I enjoy proving people wrong, I might as well attack posts that have no basis in reality whatsoever; most of the time, those posts come from Sony fans.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="limitless_rage"]Why do so many people defend the 360 like it was their mothers? Seriously I know there are good games out there for it (like mass effect, gears of war, bioshock .... well thats pretty much it as far as exclusives) but some of these lemmings have had to refub. their systems like 4 times. Don't get me wrong i own one ... that ive had to replace 5 times now(damn you ms) yet i havent had to replace my ps3 yet. Its gotten to the point were even if a game is better on 360 i buy it on ps3 because i know that when i want to play it i can. So here is what i want to know ... why do people still keep defending MS? And furthermore, why bash the ps3? It has a solid library of games (especially when compared to the 360 1 year after its release) with a ton of built in goodies like blu-ray and wi-fi. Plus its nowhere near as defective. So please explain lemmings...MortalDecay

Ask him for a gamertag...and he can't.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 _en1gma_

LOL,It actually it has RROD right but like it goes away for like a month then it comes back and i have to put the towels around it and stuff,and on top of that my disc tray is really really jacked up so i wouldnt care much eother,i plan on buying a core soon though.Then im gonna throw the broke 360 outta the window if K2 scores a 10 ha.MrPostman4Chi

If it's getting the RROD, dont do the towel thing and send it in for a new one haha.

It's funny. I never thought I'd get the RROD (I still had a launch 360) until a week ago when it randomly happened.

I don't think I could've taken any better care of it. It's ridiculous.

MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrPostman4Chi
[QUOTE="MrPostman4Chi"]

LOL,It actually it has RROD right but like it goes away for like a month then it comes back and i have to put the towels around it and stuff,and on top of that my disc tray is really really jacked up so i wouldnt care much eother,i plan on buying a core soon though.Then im gonna throw the broke 360 outta the window if K2 scores a 10 ha._en1gma_

If it's getting the RROD, dont do the towel thing and send it in for a new one haha.

It's funny. I never thought I'd get the RROD (I still had a launch 360) until a week ago when it randomly happened.

I don't think I could've taken any better care of it. It's ridiculous.

I broke my warrenty when i opened it up to pour holy water on the cpu.
Avatar image for Twisted-Ice-God
Twisted-Ice-God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Twisted-Ice-God
Member since 2008 • 755 Posts

i own a 360 and a wii and honestly the 360 is a beast but the wii is more like a playfull puppy, i love them both, my friend who has ps3 is getting 360 cus xbox live rules, and he cant find wii lol, so from personal experiance the wii seems to be big one for most people and 360 is where a lot of gamers who dont have awsome pcs for crysis go for games. the ps3 just doesnt have the "something specail" that people are looking for, but maybe bluray will do it

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]Just wait. Killzone 2 will own anything. OPRFWrestler112

I'm rooting for the PS3 as much as the 360, but why does every PS3 owner think K2 will be so great? The first one sucked, so why will K2 be much better? I'm much rather looking foward to MGS4 thankyouverymuch

I'm looking forward to MGS 4 as well. Killzone 1 wasn't that bad anyways. The devlopement team consisted of only 30 developers and they had a very short time. Killzone 2 on the other hand has 100+ developers and over 3 years of developement.