December 2018 Top PS4 Downloads

• 114 results
Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#1 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2787 posts) -

Source

PUBG #1? Strange... COD #2? Hmmm... GTA V #3? What year is it?!?!?!?!?

#2 Posted by Zero_epyon (13087 posts) -

That looks right to me.

#3 Posted by ahmedkhan1994 (695 posts) -

Did PUBG just launch on PS4? I thought PS4 players hated it after seeing how bad it ran on xbox and considering there are other battle royale games that came out before it on PS4 that run better..

#4 Posted by enzyme36 (4062 posts) -

Dem exclusives

#5 Edited by Zaryia (7548 posts) -

I knew it, PS4s top 3 played games are just games that are far better on PC.

#6 Edited by JoshRMeyer (10284 posts) -

Isn't PUBG only available as a download? OP should post a link also. And @zaryia , these aren't the top played games, they are the top downloads.

#7 Posted by Mandzilla (3623 posts) -

Lol.

#8 Posted by Pedro (33339 posts) -

I guess despite the Sony fannies claiming that PS4 gamers wouldn't be interested in the trash called PUBG, they sure are downloading said game and paying for it. Also, look at all those multi-plats. :)

#9 Edited by JoshRMeyer (10284 posts) -

Edit: Just realized this thread is for the month of December only.

First link I found....

https://gamerant.com/most-downloaded-ps4-games-2018/

No PUBG on that list. Hmmmmm

Red Dead Redemption 2

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Fallout 76

Battlefield V

FIFA 19

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

God of War

NBA 2K19

Spider-Man

The Last of Us Remastered

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#10 Edited by Blackhairedhero (2907 posts) -

@zaryia: Nothing about this link mentions anything about most played games. Stay on topic.

#11 Posted by MonsieurX (38809 posts) -

Where the exclusives and the best VR game of all time, Astroboy?

#12 Posted by PC_Rocks (1793 posts) -

Wait where is the GOTY GoW? Spiderman at 8? Cows told me GoW will forever be remembered as a masterpiece. Strange people forgotten about it in less than a year.

#13 Posted by ellos (1937 posts) -

@joshrmeyer There is always some incomplete message your suppose to take with these threads. The Last of Us why the **** are people still buying that. Why is GOW ahead of Spiderman and Fallout 76 is a hit. Why didn't december make PUBG number won let alone put it on top 10. Maybe 2019 will be the year of PUBG on psnstore and TLOUS will stop selling.

#14 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30301 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Wait where is the GOTY GoW? Spiderman at 8? Cows told me GoW will forever be remembered as a masterpiece. Strange people forgotten about it in less than a year.

singleplayer games are dead. Top 3 games are multiplayer games (GTA Online = GTA V)

#15 Posted by PC_Rocks (1793 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@pc_rocks said:

singleplayer games are dead. Top 3 games are multiplayer games (GTA Online = GTA V)

Actually that's also what a certain cow claimed that MP games are a flavor of a month and masterpieces like GoW will be remember forever.

#16 Posted by DaVillain- (34924 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:

That looks right to me.

Really? I expected Fortnite on the list due to all the new content release.

#17 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2787 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@Zero_epyon said:

That looks right to me.

Really? I expected Fortnite on the list due to all the new content release.

Fortnite is in the "Free to Play" category. It's #1 there of course. Who knows where it would rank head to head with the pay to play titles.

#18 Posted by ni6htmare01 (3685 posts) -

WTF??? GTAV?? lol wow just wow!

#19 Edited by KBFloYd (21475 posts) -

yup shitstation is a casual game joke.

also no astrobot? in VR? bu but..teh metacritic

#20 Posted by djoffer (1090 posts) -

Ahh good for PlayStation, getting the scraps from pc 3-4 years later...

#21 Posted by VERTIGO47 (7060 posts) -

Those super AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAE exclusives the entire 91 million PS4 gamers care SO MUCH about.

#22 Edited by pyro1245 (4682 posts) -

Damn... that top-tier exclusive content, eh?

I guess a lot of people just want a cheap way to play games.

#23 Posted by ProtossRushX (5160 posts) -

PS4 Won again

#24 Posted by I_P_Daily (10713 posts) -

Cows where are you, oh my bad they're off playing the scraps that is PUBG lol.

#25 Posted by kingtito (10146 posts) -

@joshrmeyer said:

First link I found....

Red Dead Redemption 2

Fallout 76

Battlefield V

FIFA 19

God of War

NBA 2K19

Spider-Man

Someone seems to be very butthurt from this thread. Why doesn't it matter so much if PUBG was the #1 download for Dec? You cows sure are sensitive

#26 Posted by dagubot (1187 posts) -
@Pedro said:

I guess despite the Sony fannies claiming that PS4 gamers wouldn't be interested in the trash called PUBG, they sure are downloading said game and paying for it. Also, look at all those multi-plats. :)

I was thinking the same thing...lmfao.

#27 Posted by Sevenizz (3136 posts) -

@ahmedkhan1994: That was just jealous fanboys claiming that. Your casual ps4 player who doesn’t read the forums just buys what they want. Like everyone else, they buy multiplats.

#28 Posted by Mandzilla (3623 posts) -

Where is GOTY God of War? You got a port at number 3, what in tarnation! 🤠

#29 Edited by ellos (1937 posts) -

@kingtito said:
@joshrmeyer said:

First link I found....

Red Dead Redemption 2

Fallout 76

Battlefield V

FIFA 19

God of War

NBA 2K19

Spider-Man

Someone seems to be very butthurt from this thread. Why doesn't it matter so much if PUBG was the #1 download for Dec? You cows sure are sensitive

To be fair why should he not try to give a general picture of the year. Its a welcome argument for the thread is it not. PUBG had a great december is it about to take of on ps4 or was it one month thing. Why the spike in December for it. The post kinda gives the general ps4 software download business for the year. The usual dominant multi plats with a couple of exclusives at the top. An old popular exclusive that must have cost $5 or something up there.

#30 Posted by Fedor (4194 posts) -

Pubg on console... LMAO

#31 Posted by kingtito (10146 posts) -

@ellos said:
@kingtito said:
@joshrmeyer said:

First link I found....

Red Dead Redemption 2

Fallout 76

Battlefield V

FIFA 19

God of War

NBA 2K19

Spider-Man

To be fair why should he not try to give a general picture of the year. Its a welcome argument for the thread is it not. PUBG had a great december is it about to take of on ps4 or was it one month thing. Why the spike in December for it. The post kinda gives the general ps4 software download business for the year. The usual dominant multi plats with a couple of exclusives at the top. An old popular exclusive that must have cost $5 or something up there.

Because the thread is about Dec not the entire year. There really is no need to bring in the year unless he's actually hurt by this. I don't think anyone is trying to say this is a reflection of the entire year so there really was no point.

#33 Edited by ellos (1937 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@ellos said:
@kingtito said:

Because the thread is about Dec not the entire year. There really is no need to bring in the year unless he's actually hurt by this. I don't think anyone is trying to say this is a reflection of the entire year so there really was no point.

Come on even without his post you knew where this was headed lol.

#34 Posted by ButDuuude (1267 posts) -

When Sony has huge sales older games tend to be on the most downloaded list on PS4. I see people without a PS4 get confused about that.

#35 Posted by DrSerigala (104 posts) -

Dem exclusives, dem teh metacritic, dem single player only

LOL

#36 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2787 posts) -

@ButDuuude said:

When Sony has huge sales older games tend to be on the most downloaded list on PS4. I see people without a PS4 get confused about that.

I wouldn't want to play the new shit either...

#37 Posted by I_P_Daily (10713 posts) -

Hey @tormentos where you at? you seem to be in this thread running your mouth about BO4 being played more than Halo 5 which came out over 3yrs ago, and yet BO4 is whipping GoW (the GOTY) arse and that game came out only 9 months ago lol.

#38 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25049 posts) -
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Did PUBG just launch on PS4? I thought PS4 players hated it after seeing how bad it ran on xbox and considering there are other battle royale games that came out before it on PS4 that run better..

The thing is there are no better battle royale games. Black Ops 4 is a decent foray into BR, but with only 1 map, and the extremely arcade-like gameplay where people slide around and hip fire leaves much to be desired by many that want a more realistic approach instead of another H1Z1, which they already have.

#39 Edited by DaVillain- (34924 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

God of War launch back in April 2018. Since that source is for December of 2018, you won't find God of War in that month lol.

Edit: Though I do find it surprise everyone assumes God of War just release not too long ago and expects to see it on this December 2018 list. I'm sure it won back in April though cause I bought the digital version anyways.

#40 Posted by SecretPolice (34771 posts) -

Poo cows, just can't catch a break and constantly getting rekt these dayzzz..

lol :P

#41 Posted by kingtito (10146 posts) -

@ellos said:
@kingtito said:
@ellos said:
@kingtito said:

Come on even without his post you knew where this was headed lol.

You have a point

#42 Posted by Mandzilla (3623 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@mandzilla said:

God of War launch back in April 2018. Since that source is for December of 2018, you won't find God of War in that month lol.

Edit: Though I do find it surprise everyone assumes God of War just release not too long ago and expects to see it on this December 2018 list. I'm sure it won back in April though cause I bought the digital version anyways.

Ah well I really thought it might have received a sales boost from being in the spotlight at The Game Awards, shows what I know lol.

Yeah, pretty sure it did win back in April like you said. At least Spider-man is still hanging in there at number 8.

Pardon my lazy trolling.

#43 Posted by DaVillain- (34924 posts) -

@mandzilla: It was a lazy trolling indeed but I saw through you real good :P

#44 Posted by Mandzilla (3623 posts) -

@davillain-: Damn you... :( Haha.

#45 Posted by I_P_Daily (10713 posts) -

@davillain-: You might want to tell your fellow herd member in tormentos as he's comparing BO4 which is currently more played on the XB1 over Halo 5 which is over 3yrs old.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#46 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23836 posts) -

Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time. Am I supposed to think it's better than all movies?

#47 Posted by DaVillain- (34924 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: You might want to tell your fellow herd member in tormentos as he's comparing BO4 which is currently more played on the XB1 over Halo 5 which is over 3yrs old.

Huh? what about tormentos? I don't know if you are aware but he doesn't like me because I called out on his BS awhile back.

#48 Posted by I_P_Daily (10713 posts) -

@davillain-: Wait, you called out a cow, sorry but i'm gonna need proof in form of a link before i believe that.

#49 Posted by Syn_Valence (1767 posts) -

The lems are crying again.

#50 Posted by MonsieurX (38809 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time. Am I supposed to think it's better than all movies?

Now back to the "sales don't matter" antic