Debunking one of the largest anti-PSP myths on System Wars...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 a_ratchet_fan
Member since 2006 • 2207 Posts

I've seen the "portstation portable" myth used by DS diehards all around System Wars, and it is slowly becoming more and more annoying. So just to see if there was any truth to this statement, I decided to research GS's AA-AAAe scores for each platform. And you know what I found? Even taking away all of the sports n' ports on the PSP, it actually had the same number of games as the DS.

PSP:

Daxter (9.1)

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (9.0)

Lumines (9.0)

Burnout Legends (9.0)

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (8. 8)

Wipeout Pure (8. 8)

SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo (8.7)

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (8.6)

Crush (8.5)

Mega Man Powered Up (8.5)

Twisted Metal: Head On (8.5)

Lumines II (8.4)

Field Commander (8.4)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (8.4)

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2 (8.3)

Killzone Liberation (8.3)

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (8.2)

Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception (8.2)

Mercury Meltdown (8.2)

Metal Gear Acid 2 (8.2)

Tokobot (8.2)

Metal Gear Acid (8.2)

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (8.1)

Jean D'arc (8.0)

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure (8.0)

WTF (Work Time Fun) (8.0)

Me and My Katamari (8.0)

Pursuit Force (8.0)

Exit (8.0)

Kingdom of Paradise (8.0)

Total: 30

DS

Mario Kart DS (9.2)

Advance Wars: Dual Strike (9.2)

Yoshi's Island DS (9.1)

Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends (9.1)

Nintendogs: Daschund and Friends (9.1)

Nintengos: Labrador and Friends (9.1)

New Super Mario Bros (9.0)

Elite Beat Agents (8.9)

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time (8.9)

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (8.9)

Pheonix Wright: Ace Attourney (8. 8)

Metroid Prime: Hunters (8.6)

Kirby: Canvas Curse (8.6)

Pokemon Diamond (8.5)

Pokemon Pearl (8.5)

Meteos (8.5)

Lunar Knights (8.4)

Animal Crossing: Wild World (8.4)

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (8.3)

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (8.2)

Nintendogs: Dalmation and Friends (8.2)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (8.2)

Age of Empires: The Age of Kings (8.2)

Sonic Rush (8.2)

Metroid Prime Pinball (8.2)

Bomberman Land Touch! (8.1)

Picross DS (8.0)

The New York Times Crosswords (8.0)

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (8.0

Clubhouse Games (8.0)

Total: 30

Hmm, wait a minute... "aren't GTA: LCS, VCS & Burnout Legends on other systems? You cheated!"

Why don't we dig deeper into these games then...

Let's start with Burnout Legends. You're right; it's also on the DS. Then again, the DS title really only shares the same name... I think the 4.0 as opposed to the 9.0 that the PSP game got makes it pretty damn clear that these are two completely different games in their own right, and the PSP's BL is clearly the superior game.

The same applies to GTA: VCS and GTA: LCS on the PS2. both games only managed to scrap a 7.2 as opposed to their PSP brethrens' 8.6 and 8.4. Hell, the PS2 versions are even missing a key feature that exists only in the PSP renditions: multiplayer.

And you know something else I noticed? For all of the *****ing and moaning that DS die-hards do when it comes to "rehashes on the PSP" they sure don't mind when it happens on the DS. A key example of this would be the three Nintendogs games that got AAA. When I saw this, the first thing that came to mind is how in the world can they be that different from each other. And you know what I found? They aren't. In fact, they are so damn similar that GS actually copied and pasted the same review for each one. Sad doesn't begin to define how three games that are essentially the same sans the puppies you start out with count as 3 AAAs for the DS...

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
I'll give you LCS, but Burnout Legends is a compilation of Burnout 1, 2, and 3 on the PSP.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
I don't consider the PSP a handheld. It's really a handheld trying to hard to be a console what with all the mp3/mp4 playback and long loudtimes. Either way DS>>>>*Insert anything here*
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
PSP is kool and all... but its games are just not the portable type. DS has games that can't really be done on another console while psp are just PS2 games with bad controls. But people are making the PSP sound alot worse than it really is.
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts
I used to have a PSP... BUT I LOST IT!:cry:
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 a_ratchet_fan

I'll give you LCS, but Burnout Legends is a compilation of Burnout 1, 2, and 3 on the PSP.nyoroism

But then, would that really be considered a port?

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

[QUOTE="nyoroism"]I'll give you LCS, but Burnout Legends is a compilation of Burnout 1, 2, and 3 on the PSP.a_ratchet_fan

But then, would that really be considered a port?

Good question. I dunno. :(
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Sheep count Nintendogs as one game so you wasted your time on that one.

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 a_ratchet_fan

PSP is kool and all... but its games are just not the portable type. DS has games that can't really be done on another console while psp are just PS2 games with bad controls. But people are making the PSP sound alot worse than it really is. Silenthps

I'm still wondering where people get the "bad control" idea from. Racing games and Puzzle games only need one stick. So do 2D RPGs. So then you must be talking about action games & platformers... how a game controls is really up to a developer. While it may me more difficult to apply a certain concept on the PSP button layout, devs have already proved that if they truly want to make a game that is specifically designed for the PSP then they can overcome this hurdle. Games that have already proved my point would be games like Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and Killzone Liberation.

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 a_ratchet_fan

Sheep count Nintendogs as one game so you wasted your time on that one.

Nike_Air

They do? That's something I didn't know... in that case, the DS only has 27 AA-AAAes. And if you decide not to count the GTAs and BL... they're still equal.:|

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Yeah, but the DS games are more fun
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 a_ratchet_fan

Yeah, but the DS games are more funAcemaster27

How so? When I had a DS, I got the games that people had said were awesome at the time. And they were. However, the PSP games that I have are IMHO just as awesome as those DS games. For the record, those DS games were Advance Wars Dual Strike, MPH, MKDS & SM64DS. And I recently got to play Meteos; that was awesome too. However, I'd still say that Daxter, Wipeout Pure & Lumines match those games in quality. Field Commander comes close, but Advance Wars is simply more refined.

skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts

Yeah, but the DS games are more funAcemaster27

Thst's completely a statement of your own opinion.

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bulletmath
Member since 2007 • 1339 Posts

Lumines (9.0)

Mercury Meltdown (8.2)

Tokobot (8.2)

Exit (8.0)

a_ratchet_fan

all these games are multiplatform, your list fails

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 a_ratchet_fan
[QUOTE="a_ratchet_fan"]

Lumines (9.0)

Mercury Meltdown (8.2)

Tokobot (8.2)

Exit (8.0)

bulletmath

Tell me, exactly HOW are Megaman: Powered Up, Darkstalkers & Exit multi-plat? And the GTAs, Head On and Dark Mirror are all crippled ports on the PS2; they don't have multi-player. Not to mention the fact that the PSP GTA scores are far superior to the PS2s'. The same goes for Lumines Plus. 7.0 as opposed to 9.0... your comeback fails.

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 a_ratchet_fan
And besides, if you're gonna be dealing in this kinda bull then Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing Wild World, NSMB & Pheonix Wright are enhanced multi-plats.
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 a_ratchet_fan
and bulletmath runs for the hills... *sigh*
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
My biggest complaints with the thing was: 1) Battery life. Some may argue over that, but after playing the DS it was clear that it wasn't that great. 2) Lack of original games. Yes, we all like to see our franchises out there and especially when we can take them on the go, but even if the ports to the handheld were great, YOUR ENTIRE LINE-UP SHOULDN'T BE THEM! (Ok, maybe not entire) 3) Expensive. In short $$$ > me = :(
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 coreygames
and bulletmath runs for the hills... *sigh*a_ratchet_fan
Don't say that crap. Did you ever consider that maybe he typed his response and then logged out. Or possibly is dabbling in a conversation elsewhere? Don't be so self-centered and maybe you would get more responses.
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 a_ratchet_fan

[QUOTE="a_ratchet_fan"]and bulletmath runs for the hills... *sigh*coreygames
Don't say that crap. Did you ever consider that maybe he typed his response and then logged out. Or possibly is dabbling in a conversation elsewhere? Don't be so self-centered and maybe you would get more responses.

No, it's more like he's a troll/PSP hater and he doesn't want to have his posts rebuked knowingly.

Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
[QUOTE="bulletmath"][QUOTE="a_ratchet_fan"]

Lumines (9.0)

Mercury Meltdown (8.2)

Tokobot (8.2)

Exit (8.0)

a_ratchet_fan

Tell me, exactly HOW are Megaman: Powered Up, Darkstalkers & Exit multi-plat? And the GTAs, Head On and Dark Mirror are all crippled ports on the PS2; they don't have multi-player. Not to mention the fact that the PSP GTA scores are far superior to the PS2s'. The same goes for Lumines Plus. 7.0 as opposed to 9.0... your comeback fails.

Well Mega Man isa remake of Mega Man 1 so it's exactly Phoneix Wright.

And Mercury Meltdown, Syphon Filter and Twisted Metal all will be released on other systems.

And GTA LCS is also on the PS2. So....exclusives?

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]PSP is kool and all... but its games are just not the portable type. DS has games that can't really be done on another console while psp are just PS2 games with bad controls. But people are making the PSP sound alot worse than it really is. a_ratchet_fan

Add Tomb Raider Anniversary to that list as well. It nails the controls perfectly.....while Legends doesn't do as good a job, the controls aren't bad....they are just not as good as Anniversary.

I'm still wondering where people get the "bad control" idea from. Racing games and Puzzle games only need one stick. So do 2D RPGs. So then you must be talking about action games & platformers... how a game controls is really up to a developer. While it may me more difficult to apply a certain concept on the PSP button layout, devs have already proved that if they truly want to make a game that is specifically designed for the PSP then they can overcome this hurdle. Games that have already proved my point would be games like Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and Killzone Liberation.

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 coreygames
I love how you said something to bullet math for not responding but decide not to talk to anyone else who is communicating with you here.
bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bulletmath

And Mercury Meltdown, Syphon Filter and Twisted Metal all will be released on other systems.

Gamingcucumber

PSP propaganda. I'm pretty sure exit is coming to the DS, megaman is a remake of the first game which came out in the west (so by system wars rules it's not exclusive). Darkstalkers chronicles is a port of a japanese dreamcast game so i guess it's exclusive

the only mistake i made as far as i can see

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bulletmath

and bulletmath runs for the hills... *sigh*a_ratchet_fan

so if i dont repsond within 12 minutes i've "ran for the hills"

great logic, i can see why you piccked a flop handheld.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I like the PSP better. It has plenty of ports, but enough PSP-exclusive games to make it worthwhile. Actually it was a port that helped convince me to buy the system: Power Stone Collection. I never owned the Power Stone games for the Dreamcast, so I jumped at the chance to have them both for just $10.

I'm actually annoyed with my DS because it has very little that interests me. I enjoyed Dawn of Sorrow and New Super Mario Bros, but most of the games are gimmicky crap that involves moving the stylus around. Speaking of ports, the DS has games that were ported from the N64 and GBA.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
The biggest problem I have with the PSP is that most of the developers treat it like a PS2 rather than a handheld. Syphon Fliter did a pretty good job with the controls, but it and many other action/adventure games have these wonky controls where the developer has tried to do the work of two analog sticks with only one. I'm still a fan of the PSP (Jeanne D'arc is great) but I'd rather see more developers do what Guerrilla did with KZ:Liberationand make a game that actually is designed with the PSP's controls in mind.
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamingcucumber"]

bulletmath

PSP propaganda. I'm pretty sure exit is coming to the DS, megaman is a remake of the first game which came out in the west (so by system wars rules it's not exclusive). Darkstalkers chronicles is a port of a japanese dreamcast game so i guess it's exclusive

the only mistake i made as far as i can see

Do you have any decent arguments against the PSP bulletmath/NorthlandMan? Anything other than "Flop handheld", "broken failure", "LOLZ PORTS" ? Do you even have any other reason for being on this forum other than bashing the PSP? sad..

borgmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 borgmaster
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

mainly I bought the PSP for GTA, I mean, IT'S F***ING PORTABLE GTA!!!!

but yeah, I like being able to carry around console games and play them whenever, so sue me. Doesn't mean I'm saying the DS is bad, hell, I bought it the day it launched. Just saying that they're different enough that you should own both.

bulletmath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bulletmath

Do you have any decent arguments against the PSP bulletmath?

qewrewq

Every argument i've made is excellent . The PSP is flopping hard and it's not my fault if some people are too dumb to recognise why. Every argument i make is coherent and has been pointed out by many gamers and critics. The fact that a few fanboys were stupid enough to pay for any old filth with a playstation logo and are now trying to justify paying 180 bucks to play PS2 ports is not my problem

"but teh exclusive games" i hear you say. Newsflash kiddies, developers aren't making many exclusive games for the POSP flop anymore, and those that the PSP already had are being ported to the PS2 (Syphon Filter, Twiisted Metal etc). Now stop whining, accept your failure and bow down to the superior handheld. PSP is the loser DS is the winner

FoShizzle17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 FoShizzle17
Member since 2006 • 2170 Posts
hey ratchet fan you can take 3 games off the DS's list because the three nintendogs games are the same, and pokeman diamond & pokeman pearl are the same
Saxsoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Saxsoon
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts

And besides, if you're gonna be dealing in this kinda bull then Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing Wild World, NSMB & Pheonix Wright are enhanced multi-plats.a_ratchet_fan

Um, no, each is an original game. I can see how you can get that with Mario Kart with the old tracks, but you completely forgot about the new ones, the new characters, karts, online play, etc. Animal Crossing WW is not the same as AC for the GC. And how are NSMB and PW enhanced ports?

FoShizzle17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 FoShizzle17
Member since 2006 • 2170 Posts
[QUOTE="qewrewq"]

bulletmath

"but teh exclusive games" i hear you say. Newsflash kiddies, developers aren't making many exclusive games for the POSP flop anymore

ummmm, what about star wars battlefront renegade squadron, silent hill origins, FF crisis core, aliens vs. predator, and monster hunter freedom 2? they are exclusives

SillyManimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SillyManimal
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts
The PSP needs more of those pick-up-and-play type of games.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts

So true. I still need to buy quite a few PSP games that I missed.

Also, another anti-PSP myth is that PSP is a failure. :|

It sold over 20 Million units in around 2 years and is going strong, I see it selling around 70 - 80 Million worldwide when it's all said and done. And that is INCREDIBLE for a Non-Nintendo portable. When PSP reaches the magic $99 price point, it will probably help it alot. Right now, the kind of people buying a PSP are college age guys, and for that demographic it a MUST BUY. When it reaches $99 it will be a good choice for parents looking for a gift for thier kids, and it will be more accessable in general.

Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts

The PSP needs more of those pick-up-and-play type of games.SillyManimal

Yeah it does. That's my only gripe about it really. I appreciate the console like games, but they also need to make pick up and play games too, more than they are now.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#38 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
I'll give you burnout as exclusive. But GTA LCS and VCS aren't exclusive. It's exactly the same game on the ps2. The reason they scored lower is because console games are always held to a higher standard than portable game are.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

And besides, if you're gonna be dealing in this kinda bull then Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing Wild World, NSMB & Pheonix Wright are enhanced multi-plats.a_ratchet_fan

Those two are not. Mario Kart DS is different from the others and NSMB is a exclusive. Also Phoenix Wright is pretty much a exclusive too since we never got it before.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

a_ratchet_fan

Exit was said to be on the DS.

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 a_ratchet_fan
[QUOTE="qewrewq"]

bulletmath

Every argument i've made is excellent . The PSP is flopping hard and it's not my fault if some people are too dumb to recognise why. Every argument i make is coherent and has been pointed out by many gamers and critics. The fact that a few fanboys were stupid enough to pay for any old filth with a playstation logo and are now trying to justify paying 180 bucks to play PS2 ports is not my problem

"but teh exclusive games" i hear you say. Newsflash kiddies, developers aren't making many exclusive games for the POSP flop anymore, and those that the PSP already had are being ported to the PS2 (Syphon Filter, Twiisted Metal etc). Now stop whining, accept your failure and bow down to the superior handheld. PSP is the loser DS is the winner

"developers aren't making many exclusive games for the PSP anymore"

Shows what you know, bullet.

Wipeout Pulse

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Silent Hill: Origins

SOCOM Tactical Strike

SWAT: Target Liberty

Dead Head Fred

Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Coded Arms: Contagion

Hot PXL

Starwars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Medal of Honor Heroes 2

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion

are all coming out this year followed by Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Gran Turismo 4 Mobile and who knows what else next year. The PSP is still going strong, and the opinion of a fanboy is not going to change that. The DS may be leaving the PSP in the dust, but the PSP ain't no slouch either.

The fact that you even got the price wrong really shows how much you bothered to research your claims. Get a life.

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 a_ratchet_fan

[QUOTE="a_ratchet_fan"]And besides, if you're gonna be dealing in this kinda bull then Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing Wild World, NSMB & Pheonix Wright are enhanced multi-plats.Saxsoon

Um, no, each is an original game. I can see how you can get that with Mario Kart with the old tracks, but you completely forgot about the new ones, the new characters, karts, online play, etc. Animal Crossing WW is not the same as AC for the GC. And how are NSMB and PW enhanced ports?

Technically PW isn't a new game at all; it's a re-release of a GBA game. However, it never made it to the states so I'll give you that one. And yeah, I got a bit carried away on NSMB and AC. Mario Kart, however, is about the same as Mario Kart 64 was back in the day. And not that I said enhanced multi-plats. Meaning that they have better graphics or more added content, but are basically the same game. Mario Kart DS is basically 64 with online-play and a few new tracks.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts
you just listed al port for psp lol I mean look on it its all ports of greater games on consoles. no ne stuff.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Nice post. I love my PSP. Even if some of the games are ports, I like them anyway. Ace combat X ROCKS on PSP.
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 a_ratchet_fan

you just listed al port for psp lol I mean look on it its all ports of greater games on consoles. no ne stuff.amorbis1001

Do you people know the meaning of the word "port"?

joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
In my opinion, Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee is still the best portable title on the market......so PSP wins. Nintendogs, That's So Raven, Brain games......meh.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 coreygames

[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]you just listed al port for psp lol I mean look on it its all ports of greater games on consoles. no ne stuff.a_ratchet_fan

Do you people know the meaning of the word "port"?

Does anyone know the meaning of the word "gimmick"? Not many, so I don't expect high vocabulary in SW, especially when it varies from person to person from subject to subject.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
In my opinion, Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee is still the best portable title on the market......so PSP wins. Nintendogs, That's So Raven, Brain games......meh.joe_g_patton
+1 for hotshots. I got it when it came out and am STILL PLAYING IT.
crim02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 crim02
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

To Mr. Bulletmath and whoever else who thinks the PSP is a flop,

Why do you people keep on insisting that the PSP is a flop? I mean honestly!!! Perhaps the question should be, "Why do you want it to flop?". I have honestly never seen someone sooo intent on "trying" to prove that the PSP is a flop, despite it being more sucessful now than it was ever before. Honestly people!!! is it because you just cant stand that your precious handheld now has REAL competition, competition that may one day overtake it? Is that why you want it to just fail and die now so badly? In other words, arnt you people just feel threatened by it?

Now Im not saying the PSP will overtake the DS this generation..... but the next one.....who knows?

All in all the reason your calling the PSP a flop now is basicly the same reasons used to call it a flop back when it was just released! Yet 2 years later the PSP is still going strong, Over 22 million units sold( nearly more than the gamecube and Xbox sales combined mind you.), more games coming to it than ever before, increasing sales, and a new version coming out in September.

With all those FACTS stated, the PSP cannot be considered a flop, not now, not ever. Its actually more likely that we will see a PSP2 next handheld generation.

mahjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mahjustin
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts

I don't understand this "but it's multiplatform now" argument.

Sure the GTA games and Lumines and Syphon Filter also went to the PS2, so what? Does it make it any less of a game because it also went to other systems?

Resident Evil 4 was a Gamecube exclusive before it went to the PS2, but no one denies that it's still a great game that was released on the GC first.

What about other games that have or will suffer this fate? Halo 2, Haze, Ace Combat, Unreal Tournament 3, Exit, etc? Does this make the game any less of a great experience because it's being released on other systems eventually? I think there was a term for this... what was it called?... "timed exclusive"?

PSP has a few timed exclusives. I'm not sure what applies for this argument, but are timed exclusives considered exclusives?

Besides, having the game go to another system eventually doesn't exactly validate this argument: "It's better to play the game on {insert console of choice here} than on a PSP"