Death Stranding...most disappointing video in the entire Sony conference?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

First of all, i liked the Sony press conference, i think it destroyed MS, however among the hype, the videos and the trailers, there was one that got me thinking..."man what a waste of time" and that video was none other than Death Stranding.

Sure, i understand the hype and the importance that a man like Kojima means to Sony but seriously, what the hell was that? we still know nothing about the game (it is a game right?), he didn't say anything relevant and all we know is that it has a naked Norman Reedus...and while that may be more than enough for some...for me, at least, it didn't mean anything and it felt like a completely waste of time, specially if you compare some of the other big revelations like GoW that showed us some gameplay.

So yeah, i was so excited to know what was Kojima's project...but that presentation was such a missed opportunity.

What do you think guys? why are we giving Kojima a free pass by showing nothing and then punish others when they show nothing but a mere teaser?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

LOL! Please. Kojima's games are golden. His last collaboration with Reedus was so well received that people flat out refuse to change hard drives just to play it. Come on man. Don't be this salty.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

The game doesn't even have an engine yet, let it go.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

First of all, i liked the Sony press conference, i think it destroyed MS, however among the hype, the videos and the trailers, there was one that got me thinking..."man what a waste of time" and that video was none other than Death Stranding.

Sure, i understand the hype and the importance that a man like Kojima means to Sony but seriously, what the hell was that? we still know nothing about the game (it is a game right?), he didn't say anything relevant and all we know is that it has a naked Norman Reedus...and while that may be more than enough for some...for me, at least, it didn't mean anything and it felt like a completely waste of time, specially if you compare some of the other big revelations like GoW that showed us some gameplay.

So yeah, i was so excited to know what was Kojima's project...but that presentation was such a missed opportunity.

There is no game. They could have shown the logo for the company and people would have been touting best game ever.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

It was perfectly fine. Hideo Kojima isn't some average dev, his games will be unique and ground breaking.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Dayum, that topic title, that's really saying something and not easily achievable. lol :P

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

It wasnt disappointing. I found it amusing and artistic. The only piece of garbage shown was that Disney Skylander trash.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shewgenja

@Pedro said:

There is no game. They could have shown the logo for the company and people would have been touting best game ever.

Hey, it's going to be on PC, too. Just like literally everything on your favorite console. Why you no make happy?

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

It was a rather disappointing showing. I wanted to see gameplay, not a naked dude awkwardly clutching a dead baby amongst dead whale carcasses.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I literally know nothing, beyond the usual Kojima mind-****. So i'll wait and see.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 madsnakehhh

@Shewgenja said:

LOL! Please. Kojima's games are golden. His last collaboration with Reedus was so well received that people flat out refuse to change hard drives just to play it. Come on man. Don't be this salty.

I loved PT even if i never played it and i was devastated when it got cancelled since i'm such a huge Silent Hill fan, but...is that enough to give this man a free pass by showhing nothing? i think not, that thing was more confusing than anything else.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

It was a rather disappointing showing. I wanted to see gameplay, not a naked dude awkwardly clutching a dead baby amongst dead whale carcasses.

lol.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Anytime I hear "running in real time" I can't help but give a side eye. That doesn't mean anything as far so the game goes lol

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

I'll say, there's nothing to hype right now, as there was nothing shown. For all people know, the game could be Reedus naked on an island for 10 hours crying. I would wait to see the game, to see what it actually is, before proclaiming it the greatest thing since oxygen like many others are.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I guess people found it weird.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

@madsnakehhh said:
@Shewgenja said:

I loved PT even if i never played it and i was devastated when it got cancelled since i'm such a huge Silent Hill fan, but...is that enough to give this man a free pass by showhing nothing? i think not, that thing was more confusing than anything else.

I am perfectly okay with letting Kojima do whatever he wants.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 madsnakehhh

@Guy_Brohski said:

Exactly...at least give us more clues, give us a reason to be excited about your game, not...that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

It was pretty bizarre no doubt, and having Norman Reedus in it felt very forced, like he was supposed to be in Silent Hills so now that Kojima isn't at Konami he's continuing that project like Morman Reedus was the secret sauce, so they put his naked body in a game trailer with a bunch of dead beached sea life. Bizarre in a way I can't say interest me. Maybe the game will shape up with time but this didn't have me excited at all. Now, strangely with regard to that Silent Hills thing, we got that RE7 trailer and demo for PS4, very PT looking. That made up for this.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

It was surprising enough that he had anything to show, at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

There were multiple times during the video that I thought "there is no way anyone from Sony saw this before now." Parts of the video were disturbing. Other than Kojima loyalist, I doubt that video turned anyone on to the game.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#21 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

We don't know if that video will really have anything to do with the final game of Death Stranding or if it is symbolic of Kojima's departure from Konami.

I did like the video and I'm excited for what Kojima has planned.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@Pedro said:

Hey, it's going to be on PC, too. Just like literally everything on your favorite console. Why you no make happy?

Who the hell cares if its going to be on PC. They did not show a game or anything about what the game is going to be.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Guy_Brohski

If I was emo then I probably would've cried at the sight of the baby/dead whales. But I'm not so I just literally laughed at the absurd game trailer..

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

It's a teaser and it teased. We won't be seeing this one until 2018 I think.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

Really? Sounds like my dream game.

-Byshop

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Guy_Brohski

@Byshop: Well then you're probably on some gov't red flag list somewhere, but hey, do what you do bro..

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

@Byshop: Well then you're probably on some gov't red flag list somewhere, but hey, do what you do bro..

I suppose it could have been better if it also had a French Mime walk across the beach carrying a dead cat. That would have been perfect.

-Byshop

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

If you didn't like a crying Norman Reedus ass, there is something wrong with you.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@Byshop said:

I suppose it could have been better if it also had a French Mime walk across the beach carrying a dead cat.

A French mime with diarrhea.

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

It was a teaser that did exactly that: tease. Not sure what else you were looking for in that regard.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Meh, the showings for PSVR were 100 times worse. It did NOT sell me on VR at all.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

yo you just don't get it

it's that kojima genius

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

It looked fabulous to me don't really care what you people think about it.

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

I think they showed it just to show that they have Kojima working with them now. But that game won't be ready until 2019, 2020. They could have easily showed this next year or in 2018. But I didn't mind them showing it now. I just know it's far away.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

well we don't know much about the game but the fact that he's recollabing with Norman Reedus i'm all for it. Kojima is brilliant and i'm certain the game will deliver.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Guy_Brohski

@Byshop: Touché.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

It's a new IP from Kojima so I'll admit I am curious and hyped for this (it is strange lol).

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

I never heard of Norman Reedus as I thought this was a new spirtual MGS game as the character look like Snake.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I'm fine with Silent Hills dying for it.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Butt naked man with enemy crabs lol

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Kojima and Norman Reedus.. That is all they need to show and is a total winner lol!

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#42 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

Once I saw Norman Reedus I was okay with it. Plus it is a new Kojima game so I am gonna check it out.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'm somewhat indifferent about it, they wanted to get peoples attention and capitalize on the rockstar status of Mr Kojima, that was a hell of an entrance.

I'm curious about what the actual game will be, I'm not really a fan of Metal Gear these days but I do like Kojima, for instance I loved how he influenced Lords of Shadow. So I'm intrigued and would be curious to see more, that's about it. I'm also a big Walking Dead fan, so I guess that helps too a little bit but to be honest I felt there was too much focus on the nudity aspect, but whatever when the game is announced things should make more sense....right now, its getting people talking so in that sense they were clever to do it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I was completely confused by the trailer. That said, I'm going to wait before passing judgment on the title.

RE7 was far more disappointing with feeling almost nothing like RE. I'll play the demo and that will decide that game's fate for me.