Death Stranding review embarago lifts Nov1st

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By warmblur  Online
Member since 2017 • 3170 Posts

https://segmentnext.com/2019/10/09/death-stranding-review-embargo/

I think this game will be loved by the critics and Kojima is God fanboys but hated by everybody else. What do you think?

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

6708

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 6708 Posts

I think I need to re-stock my popcorn supply.

Avatar image for dude_sh
dude_sh

7

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 dude_sh
Member since 2019 • 7 Posts

im happy for the kojima and his fans for this release...but presonally i dont care for his games nowdays.

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

27571

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27571 Posts

I'm interested to see how the reviews shake out. I really don't know with this one.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

13423

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13423 Posts

A whole week before release? They must be confident.

Avatar image for Jendeh
Jendeh

142

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 142 Posts

Well, that's a positive sign. I'm really torn on this game. I used to love his games, but MG IV and V didn't do much for me. Still, I'll probably give Death Stranding a shot after I finish The Outer Worlds.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

3493

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3493 Posts

This embargo is gonna save a lot of people money

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

12833

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12833 Posts

Who's doing the hype thread here, as i'm confident that GS will be giving it a 10 especially after 3 of their reviewers did a 20min video making excuses for the game.

Avatar image for Arkhalipso
Arkhalipso

2460

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Arkhalipso
Member since 2006 • 2460 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Hardy. I'm pretty sure those who are willing to buy the game day one are going to buy it regardless of reviews. A release date embargo wouldn't change that.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

35482

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35482 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Who's doing the hype thread here, as i'm confident that GS will be giving it a 10 especially after 3 of their reviewers did a 20min video making excuses for the game.

This seems factually correct.

Same with Metal Gear Solid 4/5. Massively overrated and months after release when people had their heads screwed on without he filters, reality kicked in. Fanboys running the show.

It's a disgrace Hideo Konami trash can get 10's but actual 10's don't.

Avatar image for valgaav_219
Valgaav_219

2561

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 2561 Posts

idk about this one. It's all or nothing. With this amount of publicity and hype it's either a 9 or a 10 or like a 4. If it scores an 8 Kojima haters will say it flopped. Interesting premise, though, and it seems ambitious. I'm buying it.

Avatar image for Chutebox
Chutebox

44781

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 44781 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:

Who's doing the hype thread here, as i'm confident that GS will be giving it a 10 especially after 3 of their reviewers did a 20min video making excuses for the game.

This seems factually correct.

Same with Metal Gear Solid 4/5. Massively overrated and months after release when people had their heads screwed on without he filters, reality kicked in. Fanboys running the show.

This never happened. MGS4 is still awesome and deserved its praise.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

28677

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28677 Posts

This game will be loved by critics and fans who enjoy the game.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

38490

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#14 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 38490 Posts

@Arkhalipso said:

@goldenelementxl: Hardy. I'm pretty sure those who are willing to buy the game day one are going to buy it regardless of reviews. A release date embargo wouldn't change that.

I already pre-order it and I did my research on the game as it is, so I know what I'm getting myself into.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
Zero_epyon

13423

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#15 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13423 Posts
@Chutebox said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:

Who's doing the hype thread here, as i'm confident that GS will be giving it a 10 especially after 3 of their reviewers did a 20min video making excuses for the game.

This seems factually correct.

Same with Metal Gear Solid 4/5. Massively overrated and months after release when people had their heads screwed on without he filters, reality kicked in. Fanboys running the show.

This never happened. MGS4 is still awesome and deserved its praise.

It's a pattern I've been noticing. He seems to hate everything that has massive popularity...

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54002

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#17 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54002 Posts

I think it's gonna be a shitshow to watch how it unfolds. It could genuinely be brilliant, and I hope it is, but I just don't see it.

Avatar image for WitIsWisdom
WitIsWisdom

5407

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#18 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5407 Posts

Everything I have seen looks pretty bad. If what we see is what we get then to me the game is no better than a 4-6, but it is just about guaranteed that some sites out there will give it 9's and 10's just because of namesake... which is sad.

I hope the game pans out.. I really do. I never want a game to fail. I'm hoping I was wrong about it and I shouldn't have assumed, and that it winds up blowing me away. At this point I feel that is very doubtful, but who knows.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By warmblur  Online
Member since 2017 • 3170 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Everything I have seen looks pretty bad. If what we see is what we get then to me the game is no better than a 4-6, but it is just about guaranteed that some sites out there will give it 9's and 10's just because of namesake... which is sad.

I hope the game pans out.. I really do. I never want a game to fail. I'm hoping I was wrong about it and I shouldn't have assumed, and that it winds up blowing me away. At this point I feel that is very doubtful, but who knows.

Agree I want this game to be great!!! but... from all the gameplay we've seen none of it looks fun.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

5092

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5092 Posts

It's... gonna be an interesting day either way.

Avatar image for evil_loli
Evil_Loli

227

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#21 Evil_Loli
Member since 2018 • 227 Posts

Good for the reviewers who will get to play it late this month in October before hitting upload November 1st. I still say this game will be shit!

@davillain- said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@goldenelementxl: Hardy. I'm pretty sure those who are willing to buy the game day one are going to buy it regardless of reviews. A release date embargo wouldn't change that.

I already pre-order it and I did my research on the game as it is, so I know what I'm getting myself into.

Ummm, didn't you say you was gonna do a hype thread for this game?

Avatar image for verbalfilth
verbalfilth

5019

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5019 Posts

After the extraction simulator that was MGSV, I really don't have high hopes for this one. I think Kojima's eccentric presentation of this game is mostly what is keeping it relevant. It will probably just be another game with muddled story-telling disguised as complexity.

Avatar image for Livecommander
Livecommander

1146

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1146 Posts

@verbalfilth: calling mgs 5 an extraction simulator is like me calling mario odyssey a jumping simulator

You clearly dont know how to play the game properly.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

5359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#24 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5359 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

I think it's gonna be a shitshow to watch how it unfolds. It could genuinely be brilliant, and I hope it is, but I just don't see it.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

44549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44549 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:

Who's doing the hype thread here, as i'm confident that GS will be giving it a 10 especially after 3 of their reviewers did a 20min video making excuses for the game.

This seems factually correct.

Same with Metal Gear Solid 4/5. Massively overrated and months after release when people had their heads screwed on without he filters, reality kicked in. Fanboys running the show.

It's a disgrace Hideo Konami trash can get 10's but actual 10's don't.

Yeah, no kidding.

My favorite part is when people realized MGS V wasn't all that deep and it didn't actually have an ending...

Avatar image for Netret0120
Netret0120

3562

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#26 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3562 Posts

This one is a wait and see for me.

I still don't fully understand what's happening in the game and I am keen to hear user reviews moreso than gaming sites who tend to get caught up in the hype.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

38490

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 38490 Posts

@evil_loli said:

Good for the reviewers who will get to play it late this month in October before hitting upload November 1st. I still say this game will be shit!

@davillain- said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@goldenelementxl: Hardy. I'm pretty sure those who are willing to buy the game day one are going to buy it regardless of reviews. A release date embargo wouldn't change that.

I already pre-order it and I did my research on the game as it is, so I know what I'm getting myself into.

Ummm, didn't you say you was gonna do a hype thread for this game?

Oh yes, I been meaning to answer this. To be honest, I'm actually more hype for Pokemon Sword/Shield & wanted to do the hype thread for it but Death Stranding is still my anticipated game and I thought about a hype thread, but I do hope someone does it.

If anyone really wants to do a Death Stranding Hype Thread and need any help from me, feel free to call me/pm for pics, what to add and my service is free! All I ask is for you to post it. (If it doesn't get one by October 28, I'll do it myself)

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

12833

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12833 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Arkhalipso said:

@goldenelementxl: Hardy. I'm pretty sure those who are willing to buy the game day one are going to buy it regardless of reviews. A release date embargo wouldn't change that.

I already pre-order it and I did my research on the game as it is, so I know what I'm getting myself into.

So if you did your research what exactly are you getting yourself into???

Avatar image for KillzoneSnake
KillzoneSnake

2496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2496 Posts

It looks a lot like the abomination that was MGSV. If you look at gameplay it looks so empty and dumb, you see him skate boarding into tent like camps... remember MGSV had generic tent camps which all looked the same. Kojima was always crazy, but the last 10 years his mental state is breaking down. Like extracting everything with ballons in MGSV..... he is not ok in the head. lol

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

38490

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#30 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 38490 Posts

@i_p_daily: I shouldn't have to tell you anything. If you watch vids & read previews, that should tell you something about the game itself.

But since you always coming into DS threads, you should make the hype thread yourself. I'd be happy to help you out with it as I said above, my service is free of charge :)

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

18479

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#31 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18479 Posts

My guess....

Great emerging gameplay loop, great graphics, but with a nothing burger open world and tedious walking.

Itll be critically received as a 10 or 9, but it won't have legs just like metal gear 5

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

38490

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#32 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 38490 Posts

@TheEroica: With Pokemon Sword/Shield, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, Need for Speed: Heat and RDR2 PC all releasing November, Death Stranding sure won't have legs to stay in power for sure. And saying it'll get a 10/10 or 9/10 is a bit of a stretch. I'm still gonna go for 8/10.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

4351

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#33 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4351 Posts

GS users: I hate games I have never played.

GS users: I hate reviewers who score games highly I hate, oh and I have never played them.

Avatar image for Livecommander
Livecommander

1146

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1146 Posts

@KillzoneSnake: mgs 5 didnt feel empty. What did you do ? Walk everywhere ?

Did you even look for super soldiers to catch ?

Did you use the horse?

Did you land in the right landing zones ?

Do you not know more 50 unquie and cool ways to knock out and slide pass enimes

What kind of simple ass linear games do you play ?

The format and pacing is the only thing you complain about form a general standpoint.

Oh and a couple uniticing boss fights

Story wasnt even finish and it was richer than your avg story game

Avatar image for xhedon
xHedon

199

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#35 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 199 Posts

Incoming flop

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

12833

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#36 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12833 Posts

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: I shouldn't have to tell you anything. If you watch vids & read previews, that should tell you something about the game itself.

But since you always coming into DS threads, you should make the hype thread yourself. I'd be happy to help you out with it as I said above, my service is free of charge :)

You didn't answer my question and tried some deflection instead which doesn't work.

I figure you're buying it because of who's making it rather than the game being special because what's been shown so far has been garbage.

You're the one who should do the hype thread, I mean you've watched the videos and read the previews so you should know what's going on (well you don't really lol)

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

36227

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#37 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36227 Posts

Is he doing a review bootcamp again?

Avatar image for KillzoneSnake
KillzoneSnake

2496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2496 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@KillzoneSnake: mgs 5 didnt feel empty. What did you do ? Walk everywhere ?

Did you even look for super soldiers to catch ?

Did you use the horse?

Did you land in the right landing zones ?

Do you not know more 50 unquie and cool ways to knock out and slide pass enimes

What kind of simple ass linear games do you play ?

The format and pacing is the only thing you complain about form a general standpoint.

Oh and a couple uniticing boss fights

Story wasnt even finish and it was richer than your avg story game

Man its hard to answer you. So many questions, hard to make sense. Lets see... what simple ass linear games i play? Well i got off from finishing The Witcher 3 which is WAY more alive than the empty dead MGSV. That should answer it.

Dense alive world = GTAV

Dead empty = MGSV (probably death st...)

Simple.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

3407

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#39 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3407 Posts

I can see a huge twist in the story so I'll stay away from reviews.

Avatar image for Livecommander
Livecommander

1146

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1146 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:
@Livecommander said:

@KillzoneSnake: mgs 5 didnt feel empty. What did you do ? Walk everywhere ?

Did you even look for super soldiers to catch ?

Did you use the horse?

Did you land in the right landing zones ?

Do you not know more 50 unquie and cool ways to knock out and slide pass enimes

What kind of simple ass linear games do you play ?

The format and pacing is the only thing you complain about form a general standpoint.

Oh and a couple uniticing boss fights

Story wasnt even finish and it was richer than your avg story game

Man its hard to answer you. So many questions, hard to make sense. Lets see... what simple ass linear games i play? Well i got off from finishing The Witcher 3 which is WAY more alive than the empty dead MGSV. That should answer it.

Dense alive world = GTAV

Dead empty = MGSV (probably death st...)

Simple.

Those games aren't set in a semi non fiction wild land during a war. You think Afghanistan and wide areas of Africa should be alive and dense during a war ?

Yeah they could of had more animals probably. But the fun is suppose to be in learning difference angles in and between bases etc

The setting is beautiful and the travel methods are smoooth asf. I can even run a couple miles will high in that game lol

And then checkout the frequent soldiers that patrol out of nowhere.

The witcher wishes it could pull off an action sequence as good as msg v can

Not to take anything away from the witcher. Mg's game play and attention to detail just makes up for the other flaws that annoy me as well.

Avatar image for SUD123456
SUD123456

5366

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 5366 Posts

I have great hopes for this game.

It should be the #1 luggage carrying simulator of all time and in the top 3 walking simulators of all time.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

6904

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#42 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 6904 Posts

@Livecommander said:
@KillzoneSnake said:
@Livecommander said:

@KillzoneSnake: mgs 5 didnt feel empty. What did you do ? Walk everywhere ?

Did you even look for super soldiers to catch ?

Did you use the horse?

Did you land in the right landing zones ?

Do you not know more 50 unquie and cool ways to knock out and slide pass enimes

What kind of simple ass linear games do you play ?

The format and pacing is the only thing you complain about form a general standpoint.

Oh and a couple uniticing boss fights

Story wasnt even finish and it was richer than your avg story game

Man its hard to answer you. So many questions, hard to make sense. Lets see... what simple ass linear games i play? Well i got off from finishing The Witcher 3 which is WAY more alive than the empty dead MGSV. That should answer it.

Dense alive world = GTAV

Dead empty = MGSV (probably death st...)

Simple.

Those games aren't set in a semi non fiction wild land during a war. You think Afghanistan and wide areas of Africa should be alive and dense during a war ?

agreed.

always surprises me to hear people complain mgsv's open world was empty. it's supposed to be a barren warzone. the openness is a means of giving you tactical freedom when approaching a mission. that's it. it's not meant for exploring. if you're wandering round expecting it to be like los santos then you've really missed the point.

there's some legitimate things to complain about with mgsv, but not that