JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Makes me wanna buy a piece of shit game like Death Stranding just to try out DLSS 2.0 on my 2070 Super. But no amount of DLSS can make that fucking game fun. Just more visually pleasing.

Also, consoles suck. What's new?

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@briguyb13 said:

You turd warriors use such bullshit terms like broken records. "fallacy" and "false equivalency" like they are some kind of armor, but they're just feces you smear all over yourselves.

False equivalency is a fallacy.

You turd. :P

Dude, you have some anger issues, I think. You need to take a break from SW. You take stuff too seriously here.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@ivangrozny said:
@briguyb13 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@briguyb13 said:

You turd warriors use such bullshit terms like broken records. "fallacy" and "false equivalency" like they are some kind of armor, but they're just feces you smear all over yourselves.

False equivalency is a fallacy.

You turd. :P

Dude, you have some anger issues, I think. You need to take a break from SW. You take stuff too seriously here.

Nah, I was trying to reform this place, but was told it's just fine as is, so let's all just be shit to one another like business as usual.

By reform I just wanted to curb some of the trolling and childishness, lose the idiotic fanboy names etc. but if they don't want change it's fine. Let the shit flinging continue!

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

@xantufrog: Comparing $360 system to a $300 GPU. How well does a ≈ $100 GPU run it? can it do 1440p @ 30 fps?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

@zaryia: Yeah, and I'll play every game on a speaker setup , where each of my speakers (and there a 9 of them) costs more than an RTX Titan :p

have fun playing with your crappy audio tho

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#56 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Mozelleple112: wasn't what I was arguing or responding to. Try reading and come back again if you still have concerns

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@zaryia: Yeah, and I'll play every game on a speaker setup , where each of my speakers (and there a 9 of them) costs more than an RTX Titan :p

->Bought $10,000 speakers.

->Played games at 20-30 fps on Low/Med for 8 years.

Also I'm not impressed, my chair and monitor each cost twice as much as new consoles. My Rig will be several times more, but mostly due to needless fluff.

P.S. Hi Giovela. Still buying teen stuff instead of moving out of that small house?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Yikes.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts
@briguyb13 said:

I wonder who will be getting this game? Don't think it sold well on PS4 and have to wonder if there's an audience for it on PC.

Kojima said that Death Stranding on PS4 sold well enough to recoup development cost and turn some profit back in May. Death Stranding has been a top seller on Steam since launch and was the number one global seller in its first week. And for an idea of how many it has sold Persona 4 Golden was the previous top seller on Steam last month and it sold 500k in less than a month. So Death Stranding should have similar numbers on Steam since its still a top seller currently ranking as the 12th.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts
@Mozelleple112 said:

@xantufrog: Comparing $360 system to a $300 GPU. How well does a ≈ $100 GPU run it? can it do 1440p @ 30 fps?

A GTX 1650 which can be bought for as low as $149 should be able to play it at 1440p @ 30fps maxed out since it can do 1080p 50-60fps at max settings

Loading Video...

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@zaryia said:
@ermacness said:
@zaryia said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

An entire console costing less than the GPU alone performs worse than said GPU. Noooo waaaay.

So are you gonna play the noticeably worst version of every game for another 8 years like you did the last 8 years?

Can I buy a PC that performs like this for a price of a ps5? If not, then YES.

Can you buy a PS5 that will ever perform like a PC? If not, then NO!

Fool, you initially asked the question. Now are we asking a question, and then answering it ourselves?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ermacness

@zaryia said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ermacness said:
@zaryia said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

An entire console costing less than the GPU alone performs worse than said GPU. Noooo waaaay.

So are you gonna play the noticeably worst version of every game for another 8 years like you did the last 8 years?

Same for most people. LEETs get so mad 'cause we the majority don't gaf about such trite shite.

Garbage fallacy. I'm sure the Ferrari owners are so mad at Civic owners.

Do Ferrari owners compare their cars to Civics on a daily basis?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#64 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@ermacness said:

Do Ferrari owners compare their cars to Civics on a daily basis?

Only the insecure ones. 😎

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@ermacness said:
@zaryia said:
@ermacness said:
@zaryia said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

Fool, you initially asked the question. Now are we asking a question, and then answering it ourselves?

Why did you play the shitty version of most games for the last 8 years?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ermacness

@zaryia said:
@ermacness said:
@zaryia said:
@ermacness said:
@zaryia said:

Why did you play the shitty version of most games for the last 8 years?

Because "one man's trash is another man's treasure". The only fact to this is that the PC version of multiplats look and run better (for the most part). As far as the "shitty" comment, that's YOUR outlook on it. To most, it's not "shitty".

BTW, since we're talking about the ps, how can I play a "shittier" version of GoW, Ghost, and LoU2?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#67 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Sony patent was leaked just earlier regarding a function similar to DLSS and leakers been going round about PS5 machine learning capabilities. I guess PS4 Pro checkerboarding was the testing ground for further developments.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@sakaixx: I wouldn't be surprised if true - AMD needs something to mimic DLSS2, and Sony may have good motivation as well. But if PS5 gets it, the XSX likely will too

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Fedor

@xantufrog said:

@sakaixx: I wouldn't be surprised if true - AMD needs something to mimic DLSS2, and Sony may have good motivation as well. But if PS5 gets it, the XSX likely will too

Because RDNA2 will have full rate support for INT8 and INT4 they can certainly have something similar. It won't work anywhere near as well as DLSS 2.0 though because of their lack of a solution for tensor cores.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts
@Livecommander said:

@xantufrog: you're comparing a New egg sale of a gpu to and entire console ?

Not to mention this game wouldn't exist to the same degree it does if not for the playstation 4

Consoles are just where its at. Pc can technically be better and just as fun but consoles are the heart of aaa gaming.

Face it. Eat it

Wrong sunshine. Consoles exist because of PC and PC gamers. Without us Sony/MS wouldn't be able to make consoles for you.

Nothing is at the heart of AAA gaming but multiplatform development. Multiplatform development is centered around lowest common denominator which are consoles. Not that they actually care about consoles more than PC. Learn to know the difference. This is precisely why you're going to get cross-generation games for the next 2 or so years.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PC_Rocks

Damn, RTX 2060 having twice the ML performance of XSX and I think it also performed better than XSX for RT in Mincecraft. With every detail it seems like Jensen was right when he claimed RTX mobile is better than next-gen consoles.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@pc_rocks: Nvidia hates the consoles with a passion ever since they priced themselves out of hardware deals with MS/Sony. They aren't going to sit back and let the consoles dominate headlines, they've been building technology to greatly and promptly shit on them for years.

Just announce Ampere RTX already dammit.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

New GPU architecture with dedicated hardware for machine learning,beats old ass outdate GPU without dedicate hardware more news at 11..

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Fedor

@tormentos: Turing isn't new.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@fedor said:

Turin launched in 2018 compare to Polaris With a vega feature the PS4 pro carry it sure is.

Hell it doesn't even have 2 full years on the market.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Fedor

@tormentos said: New GPU architecture with dedicated hardware for machine learning,beats old ass outdate GPU without dedicate hardware more news at 11.
@fedor said:

Turin launched in 2018 compare to Polaris With a vega feature the PS4 pro carry it sure is.

It's a month off 2 years, and has been officially discontinued on the high end. Hardly new.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@Livecommander said:

@xantufrog: you're comparing a New egg sale of a gpu to and entire console ?

Not to mention this game wouldn't exist to the same degree it does if not for the playstation 4

Consoles are just where its at. Pc can technically be better and just as fun but consoles are the heart of aaa gaming.

Face it. Eat it

Wrong sunshine. Consoles exist because of PC and PC gamers. Without us Sony/MS wouldn't be able to make consoles for you.

Nothing is at the heart of AAA gaming but multiplatform development. Multiplatform development is centered around lowest common denominator which are consoles. Not that they actually care about consoles more than PC. Learn to know the difference. This is precisely why you're going to get cross-generation games for the next 2 or so years.

I mean... if you wanna get that technical then people are the heart of aaa gaming lol

Less than 1 percent of multi-platform games look better than sony exclusives so idk where you get that from.

There is nothing heartful about a 2000 dollar gaming system lol.

Not to the masses atleast. On a personal level yea. But this a general debate unfortunately for you.

name pc characters bigger than zelda , kratos , mario , drake , sackboy , spyro , snake and others that consoles have had in their catolog history way longer than pc has. and that trend will only continue depite the x86 console format and Microsofts surrender lol

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PC_Rocks

@Livecommander said:

I mean... if you wanna get that technical then people are the heart of aaa gaming lol

Less than 1 percent of multi-platform games look better than sony exclusives so idk where you get that from.

There is nothing heartful about a 2000 dollar gaming system lol.

Not to the masses atleast. On a personal level yea. But this a general debate unfortunately for you.

name pc characters bigger than zelda , kratos , mario , drake , sackboy , spyro , snake and others that consoles have had in their catolog history way longer than pc has. and that trend will only continue depite the x86 console format and Microsofts surrender lol

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence. Consoles are not the center of AAA or any kind of gaming. On the contrary they are the dying platform.

LMAO @ 1%. 100% of the multiplatform games look, run and are technically better than Sony first party games. Spoken like a true console pleb who knows nothing about technology. Sony first party games still can't do fully dynamic lighting after Metro did it in 2010. That's precisely they look garbage during gameplay.

Zelda and Mario, yes. They are bigger but vast majority of console gamers haven't even heard the name Kratos, Spyro or even Snake. On the other hand, Many of the gamers have heard about Gordon Freeman, Doom Guy, Duke Nukem, . Hell the people who know characters from WoW, LoL and DotA outstrips the characters you named from Sony first paty while none of them are leads. ROFLMAO. SHame a cow who downplays Nintendo has to hide behind their franchises to stand against PC.

There isn't a single thing that consoles have over PC. In every single damn objective metric they will lose, whether it's popularity, games, variety, genres, audience, sales, revenue or profit.

As I said before, consoles exist because we, with our money fund the R&D for software technology as well as hardware. Without us the companies like Intel, AMD, Nvidia etc. wouldn't be able to keep advancing. Sony, MS and Nintendo combine doesn't have enough of a market to develop or fund these advancements. The last time Sony tried to fund the console development on their own, they produced the one of the biggest turd and garbage in the history of computer architecture while simultaneously wen't almost bankrupt.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PC_Rocks
@tormentos said:
@fedor said:

And RDNA has launched after Turing and on its 2nd iteration already. None of the upcoming consoles have ML or RT capabilities like Turing. Twice as weak as the weakest RTX GPU.

Oh and even in terms of checkerboarding capabilities, both Maxwell and Pascal blows Pro/X1X out of the water too while predating Polaris/Vega.