Death Stranding no longer a Walking Sim...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@cainetao11: he didn't show any main gameplay so you response is retarded. If your fav game showed the most basic and easy parts it for 50 mins , the world would call it "boring" as well.

When the game is out and the aspects of gameplay that hes obviously hiding comes to light well see who has the last laugh lol

Do you realize you're making excuses for a person that doesn't even know you exist?

One of my favorite games showed NOTHING from campaign at E3 and people ripped it apart. Some here still do without ever playing it.

Spare me your bullshit, dude. You claimed we would be "owned". What was shown couldn't own a chicken egg.

#5 Posted by Livecommander (1094 posts) - 5 days, 20 hours ago

Death stranding is about to own a lot of ppl here.

Cant wait for the gameplay reveal so I can quote all the over confident non believers from previous threads

So now its when the game releases? What happened to that ownage? The worst part of this, is you don't know how much I wanted this reveal to blow me away. I love MGS and have wanted this to finally make it all come together for Death Stranding.

I don't care about scores or sales. No critic ever bought me a game and I never receive a check for how well they sell. A wise man once told me, "don't let anyone tell you that beets are good if you don't care for beets!"

Im not laughing now or care about "last laugh". It isn't a competition to me. Its my hobby; gaming, and I wanted this to show well. It didn't. You just cant admit that because you are egotistically invested in it.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#102 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@goldenelementxl: I'm not talking about the story alone. Separate your judgement of this from the game itself (it incorporates some story features in cool ways, but that is beside the point). Your method of avoiding the game mechanics is strange. Performance? P sure mgs2 ran at 60 fps on ps2, mgs3 at 30 on ps2, and mgs4 was variable on ps3 ranging from 20s to 60, but that doesnt prevent it from being a score-based game.

The actual game itself makes the user engage with the environment and boss battles in interesting ways in virtually every scenario. I don't know quite why a game is required to have a certain frame rate on its initial hardware to be considered a score based game to you. There are reasons why people have been uploading and streaming rank runs of these games for years.

There are genres of games that I don't quite fully understand, but I refrain from trying to evaluate it based upon one aspect of it like you're doing here. It exudes ignorance -- not my style.

Shit, I would still play the VR missions from time to time in mgs2 as well. People mostly ignore those. Oh well. System wars posters.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 cainetao11

@X_CAPCOM_X:

Dude I still play VR missions on my Vita when Im in the VA waiting room LOL

I agree with you on MGS. They variations on gameplay and boss battles were so awesome. 4 not as much as 1-3 and 5 well ok.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#104 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7219 Posts

Strange as it may seem I'm still kind of interested to see how this turns out.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 cainetao11

As was said On a podcast Thursday night that I was a guest on, could you imagine if this game was an X1/W10 exclusive? A sony fanboy named FailedPyromancer was in the chat Thursday night and he openly admitted he would be having a field day with the shit sandwich that Death Stranding reveal was. He then said "but its a PS4 exclusive so I have faith".

This is the problem with the gaming community. A person admits if a game was on a console he doesn't like he would be wrecking anyone hyped for it because that 48 min was shit. But since its on PS4 he wont. Tribalism is a real problem in society: PS or Xbox; Marvel or DC; Republican or Democrat etc. People are too stupid to see Carlin was right all along. They got us by the balls because they make us argue with each other and abandon our own values in order to beat someone just as meaningless as ourselves while they get more and more wealthy off our work.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

@uninspiredcup: MGS4 is still awesome and 5 trash. Gtfo with that!

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

As was said On a podcast Thursday night that I was a guest on, could you imagine if this game was an X1/W10 exclusive? A sony fanboy named FailedPyromancer was in the chat Thursday night and he openly admitted he would be having a field day with the shit sandwich that Death Stranding reveal was. He then said "but its a PS4 exclusive so I have faith".

This is the problem with the gaming community. A person admits if a game was on a console he doesn't like he would be wrecking anyone hyped for it because that 48 min was shit. But since its on PS4 he wont. Tribalism is a real problem in society: PS or Xbox; Marvel or DC; Republican or Democrat etc. People are too stupid to see Carlin was right all along. They got us by the balls because they make us argue with each other and abandon our own values in order to beat someone just as meaningless as ourselves while they get more and more wealthy off our work.

I'm assuming he might be more casual and into more of the bigger Sony AAA mainstream hyped blockbusters that have lots of killing or action in them - Uncharted , HZD , God of War , Spider-Man , The Lat of Us , etc.

But when something like Death Stranding comes along that has an emphasis on survival , traversal , exploration , management , strategy , etc ... combined with all of the weird elements in the game like the baby and a lot of people calling it a walking simulator , that person isn't going to as hyped or confident as the other games. It has become an easy target to bash or be unsure of. And this person probably sees and feels that based on what he's seeing and hearing. It would be easy for him (or me) to pick on if we were in xbots' shoes.

But then one has to consider Sony's track record this generation with its most hyped games - Bloodborne , Uncharted , Horizon Zero Dawn , Spider-Man , God of War ... and Kojima's track record as well so that person might give the game the benefit of the doubt. Microsoft by comparison , hasn't earned it as much this gen.

Games like The Last Guardian , Detroit Become Human , and Death Stranding are going to provide something different for a certain type of gamer , and they are going to appeal to hardcore gamers that like all types of genres.

I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore gamer , but I do enjoy games like Until Dawn and TLG which also could appeal to some casuals. But I'm also willing to give some games like Bloodborne , Persona 5 , and Death Stranding a shot to see if I like them. I loved Bloodborne (my 1st Soulsborne) , I liked Persona 5 (my 1st turn based jrpg) just not as much as others did , and I'll try this new IP from Kojima. I'd rather try to mix in some new things sometimes , rather than just sticking to the typical pick up and play action/ adventures , shooters , and platformers.

I have no idea how Death Stranding is going to turn out. I might love it , like it , not like it , hate it , etc. It's not the safe slamdunk The Last of Us Part II is. It's new , interesting , and different.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

there are far worse examples of the negative effects of tribalism than this, and people being more forgiving of a game because it's on their favourite console. let's not get carried away

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

From what I've seen this game doesn't look like my cup of tea. It's also assuredly going to be filled to the brim with more of Kojima's nonsense and juvenile humor; at least the MGS series had a cool grounding the help mitigate that shit. Here? Unrestrained, and from the looks of it, Kojima's gone hog wild to another level with that crap.

Regardless, I'm sure his cult will lap it up and pretend it to be something so far advanced that it'll take thirty years before we can even begin to comprehend its profound underlying meanings, but tbh, I can't even be bothered to pick up. And after the accolades MGS IV got despite that game's glaring flaws, no amount of reviews will convince me otherwise.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Game looks pretty freakin' dumb.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

Gonna let the hype pass on this one and see where it falls. I get as many warm and fuzzies from watching the trailer as a I do cringey red flags.

Its not that I think it will be a "bad" game, moreso than it may not be for me.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By cainetao11

@Macutchi said:
@cainetao11 said:

there are far worse examples of the negative effects of tribalism than this, and people being more forgiving of a game because it's on their favourite console. let's not get carried away

Oh spare me. Its an example whether there are worse or not.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Macutchi
@cainetao11 said:
@Macutchi said:

Oh spare me. Its an example whether there are worse or not.

yeah it's an example of tribalism but it's about as lightweight as examples go. some guy says he has faith in death stranding and you respond with this

@cainetao11 said:

get a grip

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#114 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@Macutchi: You read his comment a bit too deep.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#115 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Here's more footage.

Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Macutchi
@Pedro said:

@Macutchi: You read his comment a bit too deep.

maybe. seemed like a pretty big overreaction to some gamer bantz

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 cainetao11

@Macutchi: LMAO Evidently I have one on you. Move on if you don't like what I have to say

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Livecommander said:

@cainetao11: he didn't show any main gameplay so you response is retarded. If your fav game showed the most basic and easy parts it for 50 mins , the world would call it "boring" as well.

When the game is out and the aspects of gameplay that hes obviously hiding comes to light well see who has the last laugh lol

Do you realize you're making excuses for a person that doesn't even know you exist?

One of my favorite games showed NOTHING from campaign at E3 and people ripped it apart. Some here still do without ever playing it.

Spare me your bullshit, dude. You claimed we would be "owned". What was shown couldn't own a chicken egg.

#5 Posted by Livecommander (1094 posts) - 5 days, 20 hours ago

Death stranding is about to own a lot of ppl here.

Cant wait for the gameplay reveal so I can quote all the over confident non believers from previous threads

So now its when the game releases? What happened to that ownage? The worst part of this, is you don't know how much I wanted this reveal to blow me away. I love MGS and have wanted this to finally make it all come together for Death Stranding.

I don't care about scores or sales. No critic ever bought me a game and I never receive a check for how well they sell. A wise man once told me, "don't let anyone tell you that beets are good if you don't care for beets!"

Im not laughing now or care about "last laugh". It isn't a competition to me. Its my hobby; gaming, and I wanted this to show well. It didn't. You just cant admit that because you are egotistically invested in it.

Damn you owned his arse, so much so he ran off to cuddle his Kojima pillow LOL.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@cainetao11:

Me miss anticipating a gameplay showing is nothing compared miss anticipating the actual game.

It should be obvious I wasn't sure what's gonna be shown at tgs. If he would have shown the combat in depth and it wasnt good then you would have the right to feel like I owned myself

Now like I said we'll see who has the last laugh.

You have to be a fool to think the kind of showings kojimas showed warrant any kind of pre judgment

Its painlly obvious that mgsv 5 levels of gameplay will be in death stranding

I will be putting to together a 5min montage of the game and I will challenge you to show a more action packed 5 mins of your fav game after lol

Watch.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It stiil looks extremely boring to me. I don't understand where all the hype is comming from. You're Reedus, slowly walking through an empty world, hoping some gameplay emerges. Comparing this to BotW is an insult to BotW that went out of its way to put something interessting within a minute of walking from wherever you are.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Walking sim except this time you get to carry a small house on your back. Game looks like garbage to me. I wish Control, or Remedy I should say, would have made a more modern day game or something without all the superpowers and weird crap.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@sleepnsurf: Well you're a lem, all games that aren't on Xbox look bad to you.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 cainetao11

@Livecommander said:

@cainetao11:

Me miss anticipating a gameplay showing is nothing compared miss anticipating the actual game.

It should be obvious I wasn't sure what's gonna be shown at tgs. If he would have shown the combat in depth and it wasnt good then you would have the right to feel like I owned myself

Now like I said we'll see who has the last laugh.

You have to be a fool to think the kind of showings kojimas showed warrant any kind of pre judgment

Its painlly obvious that mgsv 5 levels of gameplay will be in death stranding

I will be putting to together a 5min montage of the game and I will challenge you to show a more action packed 5 mins of your fav game after lol

Watch.

"Blah blah blah blah" you ever choke on kojima?

You said people would be "owned". Now you're moving goal posts. Slobber away

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts

@davillain- said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@subspecies said:

When the game releases to critical acclaim, proving all the naysayers wrong,

MGS4 released to critical acclaim.

Most people consider it a garbage heap.

Kojima ran out of time making it perfect. Oh well, maybe he'll get it right this time around?

That seems to be a trend as of late, Kojima ran out of time ... Kind of looks like he doesn't know how to handle a project.

Anyway ... i'm with most people on this game. Have no idea why should i be hyped for this title. Yes, is Kojima, i guy who makes good games with glaring flaws or just stupid "jokes".

Looks Ok i guess, but i still don't see the appeal.

Not saying is going to be bad, just saying we don't know why should we be hyped, and from the looks of it, it looks like a boring game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Macutchi
@cainetao11 said:

@Macutchi: LMAO Evidently I have one on you. Move on if you don't like what I have to say

evidently lol

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I think of this game the same way I think of 'experimental art' where people randomly splash blobs of colour on to a canvas and call it things like 'My Inner Mindset On An Elusive Perpindicular Hollow' and people say OMG that is so deep instead of saying hey some dude just did some splashes of paint onto a thing WTF is that?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

I think of this game the same way I think of 'experimental art' where people randomly splash blobs of colour on to a canvas and call it things like 'My Inner Mindset On An Elusive Perpindicular Hollow' and people say OMG that is so deep instead of saying hey some dude just did some splashes of paint onto a thing WTF is that?

That's a succinct description. I'll wait for the final game, but almost an hour-long gameplay video shows shag-all... It makes it hard to imagine what the full game will entail. The idea is to release a trailer (let-alone an huge gameplay video) to hype your product, and not to bore your potential consumers.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

This game is going to flop so Hard! LMFAO

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#129 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Critics have been sipping that kool aid for a while and it's been prolonged as some Jesus like product, even though it quite obviously looks like garbage poo.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#130 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@xhawk27 said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Critics have been sipping that kool aid for a while and it's been prolonged as some Jesus like product, even though it quite obviously looks like garbage poo.

It will win game of the year at the VGA show because Kojima's favorite fanboy is in it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@fedor said:

@sleepnsurf: Well you're a lem, all games that aren't on Xbox look bad to you.

But the game does look like shit & you don't have to be a lem to see it, but you would have to be a Kojima nut hugger to say it doesn't, so i guess you're one of them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pedro

@xhawk27 said:

I doubt. The media gets a boner for every Kojima game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 cainetao11

@uninspiredcup said:
@xhawk27 said:

Agreed. I firmly believe it will be 90+ Metacritic which means fanboys will shout and praise it. But like after E3 and no Gears campaign footage and people were all "its not looking good, why not show some gameplay" I am looking at what has finally been shown of a game Ive been waiting on and Im like WTF? This is supposed to entice me to buy it?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@xhawk27 said:

Agreed. I firmly believe it will be 90+ Metacritic which means fanboys will shout and praise it. But like after E3 and no Gears campaign footage and people were all "its not looking good, why not show some gameplay" I am looking at what has finally been shown of a game Ive been waiting on and Im like WTF? This is supposed to entice me to buy it?

You know, after reading some of your post here about Kojima getting a pass, I wouldn't be surprise if Geoff Keighley will nominate Death Stranding on the VGA since he's a Kojima fanboy. I can see that happening.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Fedor

@i_p_daily: Only proving my point.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@Pedro said:
@xhawk27 said:

I doubt. The media gets a boner for every Kojima game.

Maybe from the critics but from real gamer's?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@fedor: You are proving my point i agree, but being known as a Kojima nut hugger is something you shouldn't be proud of.

But hey prove me wrong by explaining how this game and what has been shown so far is not garbage.

In the mean time I will wait...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

This game looks boooooooooorrrringgggggg

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Fedor

@i_p_daily: Are you always so obtuse?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#140 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11234 Posts

@uninspiredcup: no most people consider MGS4 as one of the greatest games ever made

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

@fedor: You are proving my point i agree, but being known as a Kojima nut hugger is something you shouldn't be proud of.

But hey prove me wrong by explaining how this game and what has been shown so far is not garbage.

In the mean time I will wait...

While I can't speak for everyone, I'm more interest what Death Stranding has to offer for a new IP game and I'm not even a Kojima fan, he's just another okayish developer, that's it. Now is the game garbage? No one cannot give you an answer because it's not out yet. I like Sci-Fi stuff and I'm looking forward to playing DS but I'm sure not hype about it either.

Feel free to ask me how's the game when it releases but until then, you proving Fedor's point.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@sts106mat said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

@uninspiredcup: no most people consider MGS4 as one of the greatest games ever made

hahahahahaha

Hideous Kojima is an overrated doofus

From gamespots latest article

Kojima doesn't care if we understand what he's going for with Death Stranding when we finally get to play it for ourselves. That, he says, could take years to make sense to some of us.

Translation - Kojima is talking a load of bollocks and even he doesn't know what he is on about.

To be fair that whole interview was pretentious af. I have to say though the explanation about how people may not understand the game at first and that's ok to him does not come out as bad as your explanation here.

Its easy to see why people hate the dude. Very cringy by the interviewer playing dumb about the so called creating a new genre shit he's been parading around. Pretending that hes doing something new online when games have already done it. Instead of asking if people will copy that, why not ask if he took inspiration from games like Souls or Journey for the online stuff. Why are jurnos playing dumb.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 cainetao11

@davillain-: Dude haven't you seen the date of this year's Game awards? In 2014 dec 5; 2015 on Dec 3;2016 they were on Dec 1; 2017 on Dec 8; 2018 on Dec 6.

2019 they are backed up to the 12th. You don't think this may be so Death Stranding can be in the show? Come on.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Fedor

@cainetao11: Why would they move the date back for a game that comes out on Nov. 8th?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Pedro

@xhawk27 said:

Maybe from the critics but from real gamer's?

Gamers are all over the place.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DaVillain  Moderator

@cainetao11 said:

@davillain-: Dude haven't you seen the date of this year's Game awards? In 2014 dec 5; 2015 on Dec 3;2016 they were on Dec 1; 2017 on Dec 8; 2018 on Dec 6.

2019 they are backed up to the 12th. You don't think this may be so Death Stranding can be in the show? Come on.

I haven't seen any nominations dates yet. But knowing that's Kojima's BFF, I should have known better by now lol.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

I forgot this is the same people who think gta is boring.

Gears hid gameplay cuase it regular af

Deathstranding is hiding gameplay because it's possible to be spoiled. And cause it actually has richness in its side play.

I forgot 95 percent of gamers dont realise there are a million different ways to play kojima games.

Somebody called titian fall 2 gotg. That's when I realized the narrow views held around here.

You all owned yourself to the majority of ppl reading. I will be quoting a heck of a lot of ppl tho lol

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

I still fail to see the appeal of this game. I don't see much in terms of engaginggameplay besides walking around and singing lullabies to your creepy baby. The boss fight that was shown off at TGS looked boring. It was entirely consisted of throwing grenades at the creature. That to me just does not look like fun combat if there's not a greater arsenal of weapons/abilities.