Death Stranding HYPE! 9@Gamespot - Dumpster fire everywhere else.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@davillain-: I changed the title of the thread to inspire more system wars... Lol

That's cool with me. I just made this hype thread and see where it was going but I didn't expect this much backlash reviews lol🤣

But still, I'm looking forward to playing it day one even more so only because all the shills got me more intense now.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

@davillain-: it's new ip... And that is a good thing. Still, tough to say something like this is gonna land with majority of people. It'll be interested to see just how much the community likes/dislikes after the hype period dies down.

My guess is that deathb stranding disappears faster than you can blink an eye.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#153 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

@TheEroica said:

My guess is that deathb stranding disappears faster than you can blink an eye.

That would be a good guess.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

It seriously makes me laugh reading some of these reviews... 'most of the game is a chore and full of glorified fetch-quests, but maybe that's just part of the experience and the vision'.

Lol wtf??!!

To me, this seems to sum it up best (Tweet from Dale Driver from IGN):

"Death Stranding is Kojima’s Star Wars Prequels. Made by a genius who doesn’t know what’s good or bad anymore and no one has the balls to tell him something’s shite."

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 DaVillain  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order & Pokemon Sword/Shield will deliver the final death blow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Wait...84 meta is a dumpster fire these days? Or are the mods trolling?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@subspecies said:

XD

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Nobody's gonna hand Kojima a fat check to ever make a game like this again if the sales tank. It sounds like this game is constantly fumbling to explain what it is. I should have known it was a big red flag when Kojima himself claimed he didn't know.

Loading Video...

This is like playing Red Dead if all the horses died.

SBan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 SBan83
Member since 2019 • 119 Posts

This is the most bizzare review virus I've ever seen. Almost every review is admitting the gameplay is a chore and what not, yet scoring it 10/10.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 uninspiredcup

@sban83 said:

This is the most bizzare review virus I've ever seen. Almost every review is admitting the gameplay is a chore and what not, yet scoring it 10/10.

It was very predicable.

Many reviewers like "non games" and instead of focusing on gameplay mechanics blab about societal political nonsense. This game will undoubtedly be that in hamfisted diarrhoea form, where, just being there, automatically elevates it to, the most, most most, ever A defining define cultural culture New Genre Big wow-wow landmark fap fap fap

Remember when Bioshock Infinite changed the world and was spoken about and examined for years and year and years?

Loading Video...

ABSOLUTELY BIG WOW.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@subspecies said:

That's what I was going to say.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Zero_epyon said:

It just goes to show that people look for different things in games. Some see games as a form of art more than anything else, while others see them as purely entertainment. Games like this can score high for those who believe games are more art than entertainment. This explains the sharp contrast in reviews.

I say this without a hint of irony or sarcasm, but I love doing tedious tasks in video games. Stat management, survival elements, etc. I eat that shiz up. BOTW had a ton of it and that game is beloved. Oh, I need a coat for the snowy areas? Hell yeah!! Collecting fruits and apples? Dope. Breakable weapons? YES!

Wow if you hadn't opened with that disclaimer...lol

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I'm pleased with the results on the surface

• 9/10 at Gamespot
  • 80+ Metacritic
  • A game that can trigger some people that played it and many that haven't played it yet or will never play it , LMFAO. Kojima living rent free in so many minds , even mine.There is no escape from HIDEO.

Under the surface , I'm going to actually play the game and see how it goes. Don't worry , I'll give you my valued spoiler-free thoughts about the game when I'm done.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Limmy's got it right.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
@TheEroica said:

@davillain-: I changed the title of the thread to inspire more system wars... Lol

GASP! Who mods the mods for disruptive posting?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Well that doesn't sound too enticing

https://twitter.com/nathan_brown/status/1190182964530991104

There's no review of Death Stranding in the next issue of Edge because the embargo insisted we finish the game before we could review it. Print deadline was a factor, but we ran out of enthusiasm long before we ran out of time.

Put it this way: we probably won't be reviewing it in the following issue either.

Or put it this way: I told my wife this morning that the Death Stranding reviews were out and she said, 'Oh, is that the game about backpacks that you hated?'

Edge 339, on sale next Thursday, has a four-page preview based on 40 hours with Death Stranding. There is no number at the end

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Thread title. teH COWS!

@Zero_epyon said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

I say this without a hint of irony or sarcasm, but I love doing tedious tasks in video games. Stat management, survival elements, etc. I eat that shiz up. BOTW had a ton of it and that game is beloved. Oh, I need a coat for the snowy areas? Hell yeah!! Collecting fruits and apples? Dope. Breakable weapons? YES!

Wow if you hadn't opened with that disclaimer...lol

I had fun with those in BOTW.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: @sban83: Yep... anyone who isn't a fanboy knew this would happen.

It's like some reviewers are too scared to say it's downright sh*t, because all the fanboys will go apesh*t and boycott the site.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#170 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12900 Posts

PC gamers are finicky. Not sure how this will sell on PC. Especially IF it’s an Epic Store exclusive.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Post apocalyptic post man simulator, I mean it's the best at what it does.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: In case you didn't know, I love open-world games. I know how to not get trap into fetch-quest when it's not done right but the Witcher 3 was done very well.

Have you not read the IGN review? the main missions are the same as the side quests lol. Get to point A and fetch a parcel then take it to point B and that's the majority of the game, there is no avoiding it. You should read a review on it, no to change your mind but to ready it for the numbness that will ensue lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 uninspiredcup
@freedomfreak said:

Limmy's got it right.

I "could" criticise it, but instead i'll ignore it, that shits so silly, I mean, I do it for other games bu, Hideo Konami such a genius fap-fap-fap

Loading Video...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#174 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

This is so bizarre... Plenty of complaints, but high scores?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@blueinheaven said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Updated the thread and GS giving it a 9/10 was really unexpected! Holy!!!

Edit: I gotta admit @i_p_daily you were almost spot-on regarding GS was gonna give it a 10/10. I didn't expect them to go that far as 9/10. Totally unexpected. Perhaps I underestimate you.

Like I said they made a video in September defending the game, and one of the people who was in the video did the review here, so simple math.

Are you still getting it now that its been confirmed as a fetch quest fed-ex/postman pat simulator???

Yeah, a costly lesson. Never take GS reviews seriously but then again, I really don't pay much attention to GS reviews anyways.

And regardless whatever Death Stranding score was going to be, I'm still looking forward to playing it, I have said it many times, I love sci-fi and already pre-order it a long time ago, so my views hasn't change nor will these reviews sway me from not playing it. I need to test the game in the palm of my hands.

The lesson should be never trust any review, and especially the ones that says the game is not fun, boring, frustrating etc and score it a 100/100 anyway. To many Kojima fanboys doing reviews.

I hope you enjoy it, but I fail to see how anyone can enjoy a game full of fetch quests, and this is coming from someone who plays a lot of open world games and just finished the fetch quest riddled AC Odyssey, and was bored out of my fucking brain by the end.

I won't be touching Death Stranding till it comes down in price it's too much a risk for me at full price so I won't comment till I've played it (something you will never, ever be able to do) but your fetch quest comment...

This is something I absolutely don't understand. I've played AC Odyssey and loved it, it's probably my fave game of this gen (or at least close) and I liked some of the side quests but didn't do them all. Did you not realise that side quests are optional? Time and again I see people complain about too much side content - you don't have to do it all just the ones you like the sound of.

I also felt it was less 'littered' with stuff all over the map then the typical crap from Ubisoft, even Origins was a slog for me and I enjoyed every minute of Odyssey. Fair enough if you don't like the game but slagging it off because it has side content that nobody forced you to do just seems plain weird to me.

Doing side quests in Odyssey is optional, but also necessary to level up to beat mercs. I never said I didn't like the game as I did, I was just bored shitless by the side quests at the end to level up, that's the difference.

The good part about the game was that you can clear out bases, camps etc and find items and when you would find someone with a fetch quests sometimes you would already have the item.

After checking TA for my stats for the game I have played it for 267hrs, and you can't put in that much time if you hate the game, I also rated it a 4/5 (8/10) so yeah I do like it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 lundy86_4

Apparently the ending is hella long. Kojima needs to work on his writing.

I'll pick this up at some point, but not full price.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: In case you didn't know, I love open-world games. I know how to not get trap into fetch-quest when it's not done right but the Witcher 3 was done very well.

Have you not read the IGN review? the main missions are the same as the side quests lol. Get to point A and fetch a parcel then take it to point B and that's the majority of the game, there is no avoiding it. You should read a review on it, no to change your mind but to ready it for the numbness that will ensue lol.

IGN review sounds positive overall and it's seem to be the most honest reviews I seen so far, great read. I already had the digital edition pre-ordered before the reviews come out, and looking forward to playing through it. It looks to be an awesome sci-fi story that I can't wait to experience. I would advice everyone to go read IGN, GS is not reliable.

@drlostrib said:

Well that doesn't sound too enticing

https://twitter.com/nathan_brown/status/1190182964530991104

There's no review of Death Stranding in the next issue of Edge because the embargo insisted we finish the game before we could review it. Print deadline was a factor, but we ran out of enthusiasm long before we ran out of time.

Put it this way: we probably won't be reviewing it in the following issue either.

Or put it this way: I told my wife this morning that the Death Stranding reviews were out and she said, 'Oh, is that the game about backpacks that you hated?'

Edge 339, on sale next Thursday, has a four-page preview based on 40 hours with Death Stranding. There is no number at the end

Yeah, I can understand, at least judging from what I've seen, it doesn't look compelling for others. I had a chuckle at that twitter post earlier:

"That's a massive blow, but one that wont show up in Metacritic, which is unfair"

It's perfectly fair though tbh. Didn't finish the game so they shouldn't be reviewing it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

I'm passing on the torch to @Ant_17 to make a new lounge

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 DaVillain  Moderator

@lundy86_4 said:

Your better off waiting for PC and on a sale at that.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

I'm passing on the torch to @Ant_17 to make a new lounge

This isn't the lounge. This is Death Stranding thread lol

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 lundy86_4

@davillain-: That's the plan. This is just the oddest disparity between reviews and game that i've ever seen. I'm willing to give it a shake.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:

@ghosts4ever:

Icrydaily is really casual gamer who loves Forza because is about the only thing he can defend on Xbox and hold to as been better than other racers on PS. 😂

Thanks for visiting from the past tormented one, you can now retreat back to the past to try and find that poster that i'm an alt of lol.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@blueinheaven said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Like I said they made a video in September defending the game, and one of the people who was in the video did the review here, so simple math.

Are you still getting it now that its been confirmed as a fetch quest fed-ex/postman pat simulator???

Yeah, a costly lesson. Never take GS reviews seriously but then again, I really don't pay much attention to GS reviews anyways.

And regardless whatever Death Stranding score was going to be, I'm still looking forward to playing it, I have said it many times, I love sci-fi and already pre-order it a long time ago, so my views hasn't change nor will these reviews sway me from not playing it. I need to test the game in the palm of my hands.

The lesson should be never trust any review, and especially the ones that says the game is not fun, boring, frustrating etc and score it a 100/100 anyway. To many Kojima fanboys doing reviews.

I hope you enjoy it, but I fail to see how anyone can enjoy a game full of fetch quests, and this is coming from someone who plays a lot of open world games and just finished the fetch quest riddled AC Odyssey, and was bored out of my fucking brain by the end.

I won't be touching Death Stranding till it comes down in price it's too much a risk for me at full price so I won't comment till I've played it (something you will never, ever be able to do) but your fetch quest comment...

This is something I absolutely don't understand. I've played AC Odyssey and loved it, it's probably my fave game of this gen (or at least close) and I liked some of the side quests but didn't do them all. Did you not realise that side quests are optional? Time and again I see people complain about too much side content - you don't have to do it all just the ones you like the sound of.

I also felt it was less 'littered' with stuff all over the map then the typical crap from Ubisoft, even Origins was a slog for me and I enjoyed every minute of Odyssey. Fair enough if you don't like the game but slagging it off because it has side content that nobody forced you to do just seems plain weird to me.

Doing side quests in Odyssey is optional, but also necessary to level up to beat mercs. I never said I didn't like the game as I did, I was just bored shitless by the side quests at the end to level up, that's the difference.

The good part about the game was that you can clear out bases, camps etc and find items and when you would find someone with a fetch quests sometimes you would already have the item.

After checking TA for my stats for the game I have played it for 267hrs, and you can't put in that much time if you hate the game, I also rated it a 4/5 (8/10) so yeah I do like it.

Fair enough. I think there are two schools of thoughts on this: people who think they should be able to play main quests and finish the game and people (like me) who think using side quests to level up for main content is all part and parcel of playing an RPG (which let's face it, is what AC is at this point).

I really loved taking on the mercs I chased them all over the place lol. I even cheated sniping them from rooftops it's such a small part of the game but so good just like so many other elements of Odyssey. It's a classic for me and the side quests while not Witcher 3 quality were still pretty good.

I also loved the whole naval battle thing and scouted each outpost and base to see if there was someone useful for the ship who I shouldn't kill. God I loved that game.

I'm not expecting anything at all like that from Kojima, just mildly curious at the right price which is how I think people should approach Death Stranding. 'It's not for everyone' is pretty much the last thing you want to keep reading in reviews.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

He needs to get a co-writer who lets him know when his stuff stinks. The partnership he had with Tomokazu Fukushima for the first three Metal Gear Solid games was a productive one.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#184 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

Seems like reviewers want to dislike it, but they don't want to appear simple (by hating a game that is unique, even if it is bad) or give the haters credit.

I'm curious about it but honestly it doesn't look good enough to warrant 60 dollars.

@blueinheaven said:
@i_p_daily said:
@blueinheaven said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

... 'It's not for everyone' is pretty much the last thing you want to keep reading in reviews.

Yeah and I see that a lot around this game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 DaVillain  Moderator

Unfortunately, while the reviews embargo has been lifted, but the game itself hasn't and won't until November 8th (next Friday at the time of this post) and so with that, I'll return to this thread and share my personal opinion on the game to experience it myself. I am now more intense to play it all due to the shills and mixed reviews. The real test is how will Death Stranding sell and if the reviews will have an impact is another story.

That said, I'll return next week.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#186  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

After going over the reviews and finding out what the game is actually about, I am going to have to say that this game is shit. A delivery simulator where you get likes for delivering packages and a lot of inventory management (which I hate in video games). Fuk that shit. I am not going spend 50 hours playing that. Kojima is fucked up in the head and all his fanboys need to get their heads checked out as well. Death Stranding is shit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 DaVillain  Moderator

@BassMan said:

After going over the reviews and finding out what the game is actually about, I am going to have to say that this game is shit. A delivery simulator where you get likes for delivering packages and a lot of inventory management (which I hate in video games). Fuk that shit. I am not going spend 50 hours playing that. Kojima is fucked up in the head and all his fanboys need to get their heads checked out as well. Death Stranding is shit.

Sounds like Kojima is a Hack now lol.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@davillain-: oh crap..... My bad....

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 lundy86_4

@davillain- said:
@scatteh316 said:

Platform: PS4. (later for PC since this isn't PS4 exclusive)

Begging for those ports still............. Sony funded it, it's using a Sony studio game engine and it's published by Sony..... it'll NEVER release on PC

Well, what do you have to say for yourself? I can't hear youuuuuu!

Just goddamn levelled lol.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I don't think this game is for everyone....kinda just like Football Manager. Some people don't like that type of management and instead play FIFA or PES.

If ya go into the mindset of buying this game because it's made by Kojima, then you shouldn't buy it.

For every not so great review, there are some reviews that speaks extensively about pros/cons. I would watch those videos like Skill Up .

For me, there's so many games that is so ordinary that makes me boring like COD (left click to shoot, press W to go forward, etc) and have to grind exp points to level up . Sometimes it might be refreshing to play a game that is different, a game without experience points, leveling up, gear scores, etc. Something that nobody has attempted to make. Kojima is making a game that he envisioned to make, not necessarily catering to what the audience wants (which is something that rarely happens nowadays).

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#192 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

Is there a demo for this game? I always enjoy a Kojima game but this felt really out there.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#193 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'll just leave this here:

This tweet just gave Kojima ideas for a plot about polarizing views.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 uninspiredcup

@sakaixx said:
@davillain- said:

I'll just leave this here:

This tweet just gave Kojima ideas for a plot about polarizing views.

It will be the video game equivalent of "Lady In The Water".

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

@Zero_epyon: I mod myself...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Is there a demo for this game? I always enjoy a Kojima game but this felt really out there.

There is definitely a demo for this game.

It's called walking to the UPS store instead of taking the car to pick up your package and then walking home.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By uninspiredcup

@speedytimsi said:

For every not so great review, there are some reviews that speaks extensively about pros/cons. I would watch those videos like Skill Up .

The guy spends like, 20 seconds of that video saying "it has flawed but I disregard everyone of them, because ze art", everything else is just him gushing with his Metal Gear Solid pictures in the background.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Livecommander said:

@Bread_or_Decide: prove myself to the world ? Wtf are you talking about

Good to know system wars is your entire world.

It's called competition. We both talking shit so why compete? If your boring and only wanna debate dialogue that's fine but it doesnt make you manly lol

15 year olds are scared to show temporary shame so that shows where your head at.

People read this. Thats interesting to me. I could care less if we see eye to eye.

Now you bring your friend in here to make this a room full of fools situation.

You guys have fun

Slow down there, buddy. I'm not involved in this quarrel.

Ahahahaha, it's not your quarrel but you low-key know he got owned and you certainly laughed behind your computer screen. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@blueinheaven: I liked how they scaled the enemies up to either your level or just a couple behind as to not make the fights too easy. The naval stuff for me was lacking in that you had the spears or arrows with either being able to light each on fire when you have enough um for the lack of a better word special (yellow bar) but were over rather quickly without needing a strategy, I guess what i'm trying to say is that it felt tacked on.

I look forward to seeing what Ubi do with Skull & Bones if they ever get around to releasing it.

As for Death Stranding, well you can see reviewers struggling to find positives about the game, rather trying to avoid giving it a low score while saying art a lot. From what I've read they're making excuses for it to justify giving it high scores.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@jaydan said:
@sakaixx said:

There is definitely a demo for this game.

It's called walking to the UPS store instead of taking the car to pick up your package and then walking home.