Death Stranding HYPE! 9@Gamespot - Dumpster fire everywhere else.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#501  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36166 Posts
@vfighter said:

@uninspiredcup: So you have ZERO idea what you're talking about, gotcha.

Yes, because you can't read about it or watch hours of direct gameplay on youtube specifically showing every aspect.

Fun fact, I've never actually flew Mig or a Blackshark, they cost millions of dollars and require being some sort of, flying man.

You know where I learned how? Youtube.

That's because, your brain can process stuff even if it's not directly participating.

Kojima apologists barking his greatness and getting upset when someone brings reality into the situation.

Good grief.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#502 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 6941 Posts

@subspecies said:
@Macutchi said:
@subspecies said:

Okay. Seriously, you guys have no idea what you're talking about. Go try the game. The gameplay is seriously unlike anything I've played before. There is no way you wouldn't agree (though you might not admit it). You haven't felt physics in a game to this degree. Kojima has absolutely created something entirely original here from a gameplay perspective. It requires you to think differently about how you play a video game from anything you're used to (go look up the balance mechanics if you don't believe me). Calling this a new genre is not unrealistic. I could absolutely see other devs adopting this style of interactive physics-based gameplay in the near future. Kojima has brought something new to the video game medium.

my copy out of the outer worlds was due to arrive today but amazon have apparently ran out so i've just cancelled it. it's talk like this that makes me tempted to go grab ds instead. are you genuinely enjoying it though?

Absolutely. Surreal world, intriguing story full of mystery, all kinds of analyzing to be done--all wrapped up in what feels like a totally new form of gameplay. I won't pretend like this is going to be everybody's cup of tea, though. If you want something new, different, and risky (and yes, very story/art/symbolism/atmosphere driven), then you might well be into DS.

Also, the soundtrack will make your toenails curl.

ok cool, thanks, it does sound intriguing. keep us updated with how you find it as you progress

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#503 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11016 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

@ghosts4ever: Actually reviewers are being nice with their scores, and look at you willing to forgo gameplay because its some weird shit. At least you're true self can now be seen, ghosts is just a Kojima fanboy lol.

Last kojima game i liked was MGS1 and that was probably best console game ever made for its time. come on. ever since i have not liked kojima game or MGS series.

Too late ghosts the cats out of the bag, you probably have a Kojima pillow case.

I mean saying MGS was the best console game of its time is just lol.

we all know you dont play anything other than car games.

MGS1 had amazing story, gameplay, design that make it best PS1 game ever made still.

solid snake was amazing character and they have stop using him after MGS1 was very disappointing. and the rivalry between solid snake and liquid snake was amazing.

MGS1 for its time was masterpiece.

Its a well known fact that you have the most inaccurate opinions on this site, and you have proven it once again with the above, congrats.

And it is also known that you never contribute to any discussion and everything else suck except car games on xbox.

MGS1 was a head of its time compare to other console games. infact MGS1 was only playstation seller at that time.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504 uninspiredcup
@ghosts4ever said:

MGS1 was a head of its time compare to other console games. infact MGS1 was only playstation seller at that time.

Gran Turoozymo, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy 7 etc...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#505 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11016 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Tomb raider suck before and still is.

FF7 was overrated JRPG.

MGS1 was console king back then.

Angryduck67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#506 Angryduck67
Member since 2004 • 251 Posts

It boggles the mind that Kojima went from absolute industry darling after the disappointing cancellation of Silent Hills, to perhaps the most reviled game designer in history in the span of 4 years...and all he did was make a pretty great game with zero micro transactions, zero loot boxes, non-exclusive despite being funded entirely by Sony, built on an engine Sony and Guerrilla built with millions of dollars and decades of work from their programmers, with generally great performances from top-tier actors, and a beautiful, emotionally affecting soundtrack.

It is unprofessional to a degree that is indecipherable from trolling for a paid game reviewer to refer to this game as "peak Kojima". Hundreds of people made this game. Hundreds published it, hundreds worked in QA and play-testing.

And if you think Sony even has the bank account to write anyone, anywhere a "blank check" with infinite creative freedom...you are blatantly, almost childishly, ignorant of how games are published, and how they are actually made. They are by far the most collaboratively intense thing human beings have ever created, and that's a line from Warren Spector, not my personal opinion.

Personal attacks on a game designer for having a personal style....good heavens you folks have got some growing to do. Review bombing it on Metacritic? Why? What does anyone have to gain?

And it's too bad, because it's actually a pretty great game. The boot degradation is a little annoying, but the way simple things are made immensely satisfying is what video games exist for. It's a game about preparation, discovery, adaptation, and decision making. It blends elements from Tetris, Metroid, MGS5, Souls games, Crazy Taxi, Tamagotchi, and a small smattering of other games, and somehow it generally works. It's one of the most gorgeous games to behold. I'm having a hard time not playing right now, it's just so weirdly satisfying and every little advancement feels so profound. The game does have alot of systems, but they are dolled out carefully over time, and the first few hours are a little sluggish for sure, but it pays back dividends later on.

I dunno where the hate comes form....because this game isn't novel enough to be streamable? It isn't hard enough to only appeal to struggle-core fans? Because it was made by....*gulp* (in a low whisper) console company?? Man up and play it for yourself, or take your anti-Kojima nonsense to Twitter where all that hate belongs.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 44912 Posts
@Angryduck67 said:

It boggles the mind that Kojima went from absolute industry darling after the disappointing cancellation of Silent Hills, to perhaps the most reviled game designer in history in the span of 4 years...and all he did was make a pretty great game with zero micro transactions, zero loot boxes, non-exclusive despite being funded entirely by Sony, built on an engine Sony and Guerrilla built with millions of dollars and decades of work from their programmers, with generally great performances from top-tier actors, and a beautiful, emotionally affecting soundtrack.

It is unprofessional to a degree that is indecipherable from trolling for a paid game reviewer to refer to this game as "peak Kojima". Hundreds of people made this game. Hundreds published it, hundreds worked in QA and play-testing.

And if you think Sony even has the bank account to write anyone, anywhere a "blank check" with infinite creative freedom...you are blatantly, almost childishly, ignorant of how games are published, and how they are actually made. They are by far the most collaboratively intense thing human beings have ever created, and that's a line from Warren Spector, not my personal opinion.

Personal attacks on a game designer for having a personal style....good heavens you folks have got some growing to do. Review bombing it on Metacritic? Why? What does anyone have to gain?

And it's too bad, because it's actually a pretty great game. The boot degradation is a little annoying, but the way simple things are made immensely satisfying is what video games exist for. It's a game about preparation, discovery, adaptation, and decision making. It blends elements from Tetris, Metroid, MGS5, Souls games, Crazy Taxi, Tamagotchi, and a small smattering of other games, and somehow it generally works. It's one of the most gorgeous games to behold. I'm having a hard time not playing right now, it's just so weirdly satisfying and every little advancement feels so profound. The game does have alot of systems, but they are dolled out carefully over time, and the first few hours are a little sluggish for sure, but it pays back dividends later on.

I dunno where the hate comes form....because this game isn't novel enough to be streamable? It isn't hard enough to only appeal to struggle-core fans? Because it was made by....*gulp* (in a low whisper) console company?? Man up and play it for yourself, or take your anti-Kojima nonsense to Twitter where all that hate belongs.

Damn dude. I don't know who you are, but well done!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 44912 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Tomb raider suck before and still is.

FF7 was overrated JRPG.

MGS1 was console king back then.

Your opinion on what game does or doesn't suck has no place when talking about system sellers.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28904 Posts

@Angryduck67: I want to give you a standing ovation. Bravo good sir, bravo. 👏👏👏

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Angryduck67 said:

Unless there has been some sudden shift, crapping on each others platforms, games and one upping each other has always been the nature of the beast.

Plenty of other sections, but this one is the most popular specifically because of the conflict, and was literally created to segment the undesirables.

Which is great.

It's like complaining that ice-cream vans sell ice-cream.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5547 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Your stupidity knows no bounds. FF7 was a GAME changer, and Tomb Raider was fantastic back in the day and sold millions.

Avatar image for Homo_Sovieticus
Homo_Sovieticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#512  Edited By Homo_Sovieticus
Member since 2013 • 65 Posts
@Angryduck67 said:

I didn't smash Kojima anywhere, but I gave the game a very low score on Metacritic.

Personally I am very disappointed that this not engaging, not interesting, very boring game with too much slog is considered as good and acceptable.

I want for developers to start make real games with engaging gameplay, not this art-house bullshit. We don't have good games anymore, and this is needed to be changed,

P. S. I am a very huge fan of MGS, by the way. But not a fan of Kojima, I hate MGSV that was also repetitive and boooring, and with an unfinished poor storyline.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#513 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 899 Posts

@Angryduck67 said:

And with that, every single Kojima hater in this thread is demolished. Bravo, dude. Glad you're enjoying DS. It's a great game, for sure.

Kojima haters in this thread: Pay attention. Above is what it sounds like when someone actually knows what they are talking about.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 uninspiredcup
Loading Video...

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#515 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4660 Posts
@Homo_Sovieticus said:
@Angryduck67 said:

I didn't smash Kojima anywhere, but I gave the game a very low score on Metacritic.

Personally I am very disappointed that this not engaging, not interesting, very boring game with too much slog is considered as good and acceptable.

I want for developers to start make real games with engaging gameplay, not this art-house bullshit. We don't have good games anymore, and this is needed to be changed,

P. S. I am a very huge fan of MGS, by the way. But not a fan of Kojima, I hate MGSV that was also repetitive and boooring, and with an unfinished poor storyline.

You gave the game a very low score after playing it for how long?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#516 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 2817 Posts

9 seemed rather high for the perceived "good parts" of the game in the review.

Then I saw who wrote the review, and knew to instantly disregard the review anyhow.

x_Hedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#517  Edited By x_Hedon
Member since 2019 • 107 Posts

@davillain- said:

For those who have no intention of playing this game but want to just look at from someone playing it to do all the work, here's the first gameplay walkthrough by my favorite YT:

Loading Video...

Do you find the game easy, normal or hard to play? Or are there difficulty settings? Edit: I googled, I see there are settings.

Guntster22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 Guntster22
Member since 2019 • 39 Posts

If is smells like a turd

looks like a turd

plays like a turd

and yes, if it tastes like a turd

Death Stranding is steaming pile of Kojima artie farty shit.

I want my money back.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519  Edited By GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3578 Posts

@Angryduck67: I’m not sure where you e been, or what you’re reading... The hype on Death Stranding was through the roof until we started seeing game play. That’s where people began talking. I like Jeff Gertsmann’s theory the best. Jeff said he believes (jokingly) that Kojima overheard some people talking about walking simulators, didn’t know it was a derogatory term, and went all in.

As for the “hate.” Nobody hates Kojima. (No reasonable person anyway) I’m not seeing much criticism aimed at him with the release and review scores for Death Stranding. People are calling out the reviewers for being dishonest fanboys and for sites like Gamespot turning into a Death Stranding ad this week. The industry vets are scoring the game one way and the new/unheard of, fresh out of college Bay Area writers seem to be searching for ways to score the game high. The gamespot reviewer scored Death Stranding a 9 because of its positive reinforcement and kind NPCs and positivity. Her words, not mine.

Kojima made the DS. He didn’t force all the liberal arts majors to act as a marketing arm for the game.

Homo_Sovieticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520  Edited By Homo_Sovieticus

MGS had its corny moments, but at least it had relatable characters. When I see freaking Norman Reedus, I feel f***ing nothing, absolute emptiness, This zombie guy has no place here, Kojima you delusional Hollywood fanboy.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 213

#522 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 13856 Posts
@Angryduck67 said:

Great post.

A gamer backlash against a star developer like Kojima was inevitable. I mentioned earlier on a few other former star developers who eventually faced the gamer backlash, e.g. John Romero, Peter Molyneux, Tomonobu Itagaki, Cliffy B, Yu Suzuki, etc. And now it's finally Kojima's turn.

The surprise is that it's taken this long. In contrast to other developers who faded after a generation or two, Kojima's been making blockbusters for over three decades, spanning six generations, from Gen 3 in the 1980s through to Gen 8 in the 2010s. That's some of the most longevity in gaming history.

But it's not the first time Kojima faced a gamer backlash. The other time was when MGS2 came out. The product turned out to be very different to what gamers were expecting. That could've been the end of Kojima's career right there, and he was considering retirement. And yet he managed to bounce back, and MGS2 itself slowly started being more appreciated by gamers over time. Could the same happen to DS? Maybe, or maybe not. Only time will tell.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 12684 Posts

I want to want it, and might pick it up just to support it sometime down the road, but everything about it screams 'virtual chores' to me. Doubt I'll ever finish it.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 blueinheaven
@Homo_Sovieticus said:

MGS had its corny moments, but at least it had relatable characters. When I see freaking Norman Reedus, I feel f***ing nothing, absolute emptiness, This zombie guy has no place here, Kojima you delusional Hollywood fanboy.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how long you played the game for before giving it a very low metacritic score. If you did that without playing the game at all that's absolutely disgusting.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 213

#525 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 13856 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@subspecies said:

Okay. Seriously, you guys have no idea what you're talking about. Go try the game. The gameplay is seriously unlike anything I've played before. There is no way you wouldn't agree (though you might not admit it). You haven't felt physics in a game to this degree. Kojima has absolutely created something entirely original here from a gameplay perspective. It requires you to think differently about how you play a video game from anything you're used to (go look up the balance mechanics if you don't believe me). Calling this a new genre is not unrealistic. I could absolutely see other devs adopting this style of interactive physics-based gameplay in the near future. Kojima has brought something new to the video game medium.

Flight-sims (and most likely car sims) use physics for balance and managing weight, through fuel, ammunition and cargo. Or as a shorthand term, load-out.

Most take this into account refuelling in the air.

Bruh, flight sims ain't the same ball park. Hell, they "ain't the same ballpark, ain't the same league, ain't even the same fuckin' sport."

Just think about this logically, from a real-world perspective: one is about trying to balance heavy items that you're physically carrying on your back. The other is about flying a plane and trying to balance it in the air. No way are the two remotely comparable. That would be like saying swimming in the water is the same as flying to the Moon just because they both involve some form of balancing. Which, of course, would be silly.

It's obvious what subspecies meant, i.e. character balancing. So his point still stands.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526  Edited By I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 13395 Posts

@davillain-: You keep drinking the Kool-Aid kid.

I mean there's never been balance mechanics in a game before, never had to manage an inventory etc, and new genre lol.

I still haven't heard how its extremely unique yet, just you mentioning things that have been done before.

You make out like quest fests are all of a sudden fun and exciting, did you drink from the same cup as the Gamespot reviewer?

Homo_Sovieticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527  Edited By Homo_Sovieticus

@blueinheaven: I watched first full 2 hours of walkthrough, and after that watched about 10-12 hours of livestream by snaps. Every time I looked at the screen I saw the same delivery man looking like a big can of shit wearing absurd backpack with a ton of packages.

So I actually haven't played the game. Are you happy now? I am a very unfair man since I gave my score without playing the game, I'm a true villain. Sorry, I don't have 70 euros to spend on this bullshit.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 blueinheaven

Okay, I went ahead and bought the game and it arrived this afternoon. Like DaVillain I've only had a few hours to play around with it and I can see why some reviewers really liked it though I'm still undecided as to whether or not this game's going to be for me in the long run.

This game definitely feels different to most games I've played. The whole story and concept is completely surreal and I love things like that. The actual gameplay I just don't know yet. I love the game world, exploration is great, but constantly balancing weight might get old fast we'll have to wait and see. It keeps telling me to sway left or right to allow for the weight so I don't fall over that really could get super annoying, we'll see.

I'm very early in the game, only on chapter two, but I like it I just don't know yet for how long. Half of me is wondering if Kojima is laughing at us - hey I made a game about delivering stuff and people are pretending to like it and the other half of me can't wait to get back to it. The cut scenes (i.e. story) are really amazing so far and definitely make you want to get out there to see how things progress. Also, if you're playing on a Pro and have a 4K TV that excels in HDR (most of them don't) the game looks outstanding.

I'll report back later when I've played it properly. Initial feelings are I like it but don't know if I can get used to these gameplay mechanics. I was really sceptical about this game before playing it. Playing it is a whole universe different to watching trailers or whatever on youtube.

For that reason I'm going to cheerfully ignore rabid fanboys on this thread who are hating on it without playing it which is just fucking absurd (not to mention painfully immature) but I'm happy to swap notes with anyone who actually has the damn game.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 blueinheaven
@Homo_Sovieticus said:

@blueinheaven: I watched first full 2 hours of walkthrough, and after that watched about 10-12 hours of livestream by snaps. Every time I looked at the screen I saw the same delivery man looking like a big can of shit wearing absurd backpack with a ton of packages.

So I actually haven't played the game. Are you happy now? I am a very unfair man since I gave my score without playing the game, I'm a true villain. Sorry, I don't have 70 euros to spend on this bullshit.

That's disgusting. You haven't even played the game (watching someone else play it isn't even CLOSE to the same thing) and you shat on all the hard work the devs have put in for years without even having the faintest clue what you're talking about.

Shameful. There are lots of games I don't like the look of out there. I just don't fucking buy them, I don't go giving really bad scores on the internet for GAMES I HAVE NEVER PLAYED it's a vile thing to do, just my opinion of course.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 I_P_Daily

@uninspiredcup said:
Loading Video...

I noticed he spent 11 of the 12 minutes slamming the game and at the end says

I cant really recommend it, and then says 7/10 like WTF as a 7 means a good game and who wouldn't recommend a game that is good???

This is the BS I've been talking about with these "reviewers" they rip the game to pieces and then score it highly, yeah a 7 for what he said is high, if the last 10secs of the video was paused and you were asked to guess what his score would be after watching that, most people would say something like a 4 or 5 and not a 7.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 I_P_Daily

@goldenelementxl said:

@Angryduck67: I’m not sure where you e been, or what you’re reading... The hype on Death Stranding was through the roof until we started seeing game play. That’s where people began talking. I like Jeff Gertsmann’s theory the best. Jeff said he believes (jokingly) that Kojima overheard some people talking about walking simulators, didn’t know it was a derogatory term, and went all in.

As for the “hate.” Nobody hates Kojima. (No reasonable person anyway) I’m not seeing much criticism aimed at him with the release and review scores for Death Stranding. People are calling out the reviewers for being dishonest fanboys and for sites like Gamespot turning into a Death Stranding ad this week. The industry vets are scoring the game one way and the new/unheard of, fresh out of college Bay Area writers seem to be searching for ways to score the game high. The gamespot reviewer scored Death Stranding a 9 because of its positive reinforcement and kind NPCs and positivity. Her words, not mine.

Kojima made the DS. He didn’t force all the liberal arts majors to act as a marketing arm for the game.

See this is the part where Kojima fangirls disconnect as they just see the people calling out the reviewers for their BS scores as some sort of attack on Kojima himself so we are just haters, and therefore they don't need to address these scores.

Its a sad cult mentality.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 blueinheaven
@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

See this is the part where Kojima fangirls disconnect as they just see the people calling out the reviewers for their BS scores as some sort of attack on Kojima himself so we are just haters, and therefore they don't need to address these scores.

You've got to get off this Kojima fixation. I'm not sure yet how much I'm going to like the game as I said above though it's much, much more intriguing than I expected it to be having actually played it.

Point is, I hate, fucking HATE Metal Gear Solid I haven't even touched the last one which was really well received but I was curious about Death Stranding and finally caved in and just bought the thing.

Wanting to play DS doesn't make anyone a Kojima fanboy. Likewise, anyone who gave it a good review doesn't make them a Kojima fanboy either though I think a lot of the reviewers found hidden meaning in it because they were worried they'd look stupid if they gave it a bad review after all the hype.

That's just bad reviewers.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533  Edited By uninspiredcup
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:
Loading Video...

I cant really recommend it, and then says 7/10 like WTF as a 7 means a good game and who wouldn't recommend a game that is good???

This is the BS I've been talking about with these "reviewers" they rip the game to pieces and then score it highly, yeah a 7 for what he said is high, if the last 10secs of the video was paused and you were asked to guess what his score would be after watching that, most people would say something like a 4 or 5 and not a 7.

I think it was his really unfunny attempt at a call back to Breath Of The Wild where he got a DDoSattack (INTERNET HACKERS) for giving it a 7.

Jim Sterling really good a pro-consumer awareness, part of a community that actively pisses off shills (which is fantastic), but his comedy and reviews are pretty awful. They're lazy as well, for a guy getting something like 10+ grand a month Patreon.

I'm surprised they gave him a review copy given how his entire shtick is courting controversy, with all the "F Konami" they probably expected him to suck them off.

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534  Edited By GoldenElementXL

@uninspiredcup: Sterling is a bum. He doesn’t piss off anyone because he isn’t on most people’s radar. He isn’t pro consumer. Jim is pro clickbait that will attract the reddit nerds. A ridiculously small fraction of the gaming community.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 899 Posts

This is approaching Uncharted 4 levels of butthurt lol. More or less 11 pages of whiny fanboys making up fantasies for why DS got good reviews. If there are two things that seem to cause more fanboy jealousy/outrage than anything else they are Kojima and Sony. Bring those two things together, along with critical success, and you've got the recipe for a perfect storm of near endless fanboy crying. Pure entertainment.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536  Edited By uninspiredcup

@goldenelementxl: He was invited to Valve for input, his videos get millions of views and he's had multiple attempts at take-downs and someone attempted to sue him for a few million.

Recently at an Ubisoft meeting the point was raised to Gawnamo, whatever French man about growing resentment towards business practices from consumers, youtube channels like Jim Sterlings are partially the reason for that.

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 GoldenElementXL

@uninspiredcup: Jim’s had 1 video break a million in the past year. He’s around 800K subs on YouTube, which isn’t great considering how many reaction channels crack a million each month. He’s a middle of the road YouTube personality, and when you bring in other mediums like Twitch, Jim is a nobody. Devs toyed with catering to assholes like Jim, but they quickly learned there are far more people with more talent and bigger followings. DrDisrespect, Ninja, TimTheTatMan, DrLupo, Shroud, Summit1G etc all have huge Twitch following and also a bigger YouTube following. We need to stop acting like Jim Sterling is important. He speaks to a ever growing minority in the gaming community.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27600 Posts

Wow, lots of anger about a game one can choose not to play.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 I_P_Daily

@blueinheaven said:
@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

You've got to get off this Kojima fixation. I'm not sure yet how much I'm going to like the game as I said above though it's much, much more intriguing than I expected it to be having actually played it.

Point is, I hate, fucking HATE Metal Gear Solid I haven't even touched the last one which was really well received but I was curious about Death Stranding and finally caved in and just bought the thing.

Wanting to play DS doesn't make anyone a Kojima fanboy. Likewise, anyone who gave it a good review doesn't make them a Kojima fanboy either though I think a lot of the reviewers found hidden meaning in it because they were worried they'd look stupid if they gave it a bad review after all the hype.

That's just bad reviewers.

This is about reviewers calling it things that games get low scores for but yet here they gave it high scores, so the only conclusion is that there must be bias, there can be no other reason.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 I_P_Daily
@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:
Loading Video...

I think it was his really unfunny attempt at a call back to Breath Of The Wild where he got a DDoSattack (INTERNET HACKERS) for giving it a 7.

Jim Sterling really good a pro-consumer awareness, part of a community that actively pisses off shills (which is fantastic), but his comedy and reviews are pretty awful. They're lazy as well, for a guy getting something like 10+ grand a month Patreon.

I'm surprised they gave him a review copy given how his entire shtick is courting controversy, with all the "F Konami" they probably expected him to suck them off.

C'mon man not even you believe that BS as one would need a reference to put the 2 together, this is just a case of another "reviewer" ripping this game a new one for 11/12mins and saying he couldn't recommend it, but gives it a 7 which is recommending it.

C'mon cup call BS when its needed and in this case its needed.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 I_P_Daily
@subspecies said:

This is approaching Uncharted 4 levels of butthurt lol. More or less 11 pages of whiny fanboys making up fantasies for why DS got good reviews. If there are two things that seem to cause more fanboy jealousy/outrage than anything else they are Kojima and Sony. Bring those two things together, along with critical success, and you've got the recipe for a perfect storm of near endless fanboy crying. Pure entertainment.

Are you tired of pressing buttons so you can without falling over reduc, and need to take a break from your boredom to post here, i'm glad you find this entertaining as you being here is proof that DS isn't lol, now's look who's entertained :)

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39154 Posts

@i_p_daily: All I can tell is, you gotta play it and find out for yourself. Like I said earlier, I'm still in honeymoon mode.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39154 Posts

@x_hedon: I just happened to play on Normal as I always do whenever I'm playing for the first time. The game is fair and pretty much balance from what I can tell. If you play any Metal Gear Solid games, you'll know what to expect.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#544 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4758 Posts

@i_p_daily: That 7 it's obviously a joke for his audience. Even I got the Zelda trolling.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 I_P_Daily

@phbz: Well i'm not one of his audience, so some reference would be good here, but ok thanks for the info.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 6941 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

i read people saying nice things about it and i think maybe, then i watch footage and think what the hell was i thinkin. i'm so fickle

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547  Edited By I_P_Daily

@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:
Loading Video...

C'mon man not even you believe that BS as one would need a reference to put the 2 together, this is just a case of another "reviewer" ripping this game a new one for 11/12mins and saying he couldn't recommend it, but gives it a 7 which is recommending it.

C'mon cup call BS when its needed and in this case its needed.

It appears I was wrong so my bad, as i'm not part of his regular audience I don't get any of his jabs as it were.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 I_P_Daily

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: All I can tell is, you gotta play it and find out for yourself. Like I said earlier, I'm still in honeymoon mode.

I don't need to play it as I just finished AC Odyssey and it had plenty of fetch quests in it, difference is in Odyssey they were optional, in DS they are the majority of the campaign :(

I have nothing against the game or its creator, my gripe is against these "reviewers" not matching up their scores with their reviews.

Homo_Sovieticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549  Edited By Homo_Sovieticus

Why MGS was great? It was an archetypical, classical hero's journey (see Joseph Campbell work) executed in more or less brilliant way. And it also contained some great themes such as genetic determinism, information control, cosmopolitanism etc.

Why Death Stranding is not great? Sam Reedus is still presumably a hero, but a game narrative is a bloated mess with artificially constructed things like BBs, PTs, ETs, BTs etc. It does not look like a classical hero's journey, it looks like a pretentious art film or contemporary art bullshit with sci-fi fleur. It is not great anymore. So it is really not for everyone and not for common people, only for Kojima fanboys.

Homo_Sovieticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550  Edited By Homo_Sovieticus

I hope DS will f***ing flop. Seriously. We don't need this pretentious bullshit. 1-1,5 million copies, 2 millions at best. It won't be enough to cover the game budget and that freaking dumb marketing campaign, when we've seen this hack on TV screens, in contemporary art museums and public forums. F*** this guy.