Death Stranding has a very easy difficulty mode

#1 Posted by Randoggy (3487 posts) -

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/06/kojima-says-death-stranding-has-very-easy-difficulty-mode-for-movie-fans

This should go over well here.

#3 Posted by Bluestars (231 posts) -

Well walking in marshland and climbing craggy rocks and hills with a magic extendable ladder is a difficult task,especially when carrying a child in a snow globe

But movie game mode has its benefits,the 2 hour charge on the controller will last longer HaH

They need to show gameplay before I shell out £45

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (35068 posts) -

"Since we have real actors"

That's, quite the insult.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#5 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5043 posts) -

Has anything Kojima made actually ever been THAT hard? Utter wussy mode confirmed.

#6 Posted by Ant_17 (12904 posts) -

Cool, but does it have Europeon Hard????

#7 Edited by Evil_Loli (208 posts) -

Already got my timer on YouTube to watch this whenever this goes live. Doing this will be easy indeed :P

#8 Posted by briguyb13 (3161 posts) -

Nothing wrong with having more options.

#9 Posted by WitIsWisdom (5370 posts) -

Magical ladder escalator attachment confirmed?

#10 Posted by Zero_epyon (13373 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid games have had very easy modes. This isn't new to Kojima games.

#11 Posted by robert_sparkes (3315 posts) -

I don't see but anything wrong with a casual option definitely not the option that interests me but options are fine.

#12 Posted by ButDuuude (1429 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: I see you are not a fan...

#13 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@Ant_17: What is Europeon hard?

Is that some sort of fetish where someone pee's on you while you're playing it on hard lol.

#14 Edited by X_CAPCOM_X (8706 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Has anything Kojima made actually ever been THAT hard? Utter wussy mode confirmed.

I challenge you to complete Zone of the Enders 2 on Extreme difficulty without new game plus. If you cannot do it, you shouldn't criticize the gameplay of Kojimas games this way.

*or*

I challenge you to complete Metal Gear Solid 2 on (European) Extreme with 0 alerts.

I have done both of these, and I would call myself an intermediate-skilled gamer.

I extend this challenge to everyone else claiming that Kojima doesn't make good games. I'm confident that you haven't actually played them, or when you did, you used easy mode yourselves or the game gave you a bad rank, like "Chicken" in MGS.

Hope this helps.

#16 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -

lol

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#17 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5043 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

I challenge you to complete Zone of the Enders 2 on Extreme difficulty without new game plus. If you cannot do it, you shouldn't criticize the gameplay of Kojimas games this way.

*or*

I challenge you to complete Metal Gear Solid 2 on (European) Extreme with 0 alerts.

I have done both of these, and I would call myself an intermediate-skilled gamer.

I extend this challenge to everyone else claiming that Kojima doesn't make good games. I'm confident that you haven't actually played them, or when you did, you used easy mode yourselves or the game gave you a bad rank, like "Chicken" in MGS.

Hope this helps.

I mean, I know you can challenge yourself with the games and all, but I never played an MGS game I couldn't complete on the default setting without thinking, "DAMN! This game is kicking my ass so hard I need an extra easy mode". I don't know. I mean it's not like it's Sekiro or anything.

Then again, this is a different game too, so maybe I should just wait instead of jumping the gun.

#18 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

*or*

Hope this helps.

I mean, I know you can challenge yourself with the games and all, but I never played an MGS game I couldn't complete on the default setting without thinking, "DAMN! This game is kicking my ass so hard I need an extra easy mode". I don't know. I mean it's not like it's Sekiro or anything.

Then again, this is a different game too, so maybe I should just wait instead of jumping the gun.

Well said. Sekiro is a real masterpiece imo. I beat MGS2 on Euro. Its difficult but not impossible if you have an adults patience.

I play every Gears since 2006 on the hardcore, now Experienced mode. And its a challenge and I love it. You don't get to take your time and assess the field. You must do so while moving and strategizing. Sitting in cover doesn't work with enemies that move and flank while a Warden is bearing down on you.

This is status quo from most quality games on a harder level, isn't it?

#19 Edited by Subspecies (740 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

*or*

Hope this helps.

Well said. Sekiro is a real masterpiece imo. I beat MGS2 on Euro. Its difficult but not impossible if you have an adults patience.

I play every Gears since 2006 on the hardcore, now Experienced mode. And its a challenge and I love it. You don't get to take your time and assess the field. You must do so while moving and strategizing. Sitting in cover doesn't work with enemies that move and flank while a Warden is bearing down on you.

This is status quo from most quality games on a harder level, isn't it?

"I beat MGS2 on Euro. Its difficult but not impossible if you have an adults patience."

This is pretty on point, actually. If you are disciplined with your patience, you can get through European difficulty without too much trouble. Still gonna frustrate you, though. And you'll still need skill to go with that patience.

#20 Posted by warmblur (3028 posts) -

Death Stranding is going to make Red Dead 2 feel like Quake.

#21 Posted by uninspiredcup (35068 posts) -
@warmblur said:

But Quake is awesome.

#22 Posted by Heirren (2324 posts) -

No big deal. I know people that are drawn to some of the cinematics in games, use a ps4 as a media machine, but play next to zero games. Uncharted as an example; youd be surprised how new a gamepad can seem to people that either never played games, or gave up the hobby ages ago, can appear.

With that said this game does look interesting and if i had the time i would probably borrow back my lent out ps4.

#23 Posted by cainetao11 (36844 posts) -
@warmblur said:

Never wanted to watch Quake because "actors"

#24 Posted by Juub1990 (8721 posts) -

@cainetao11: And Quake is pretty good so not sure if this was actually a diss towards Death Stranding.

#25 Posted by freedomfreak (51271 posts) -

Created by Kojima, cinematic walking out the ass, netflix tier actors, and now incredibly easy mode added.

Journalists are gonna love this one.

#26 Posted by uninspiredcup (35068 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

Created by Kojima, cinematic walking out the ass, netflix tier actors, and now incredibly easy mode added.

Journalists are gonna love this one.

Be able to bang out a review in a day.

#27 Posted by pmanden (745 posts) -

If the game really has no decent gameplay, which I strongly suspect, it won't matter much whether we play it on very easy or very hard.

#28 Posted by I_P_Daily (12577 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

*or*

Hope this helps.

I challenge you to stop dick riding Kojima, it really is sickening seeing people suck up to that hack.

#29 Posted by AJStyles (1091 posts) -

Awesome. Easy modes should exist in every game.

#30 Posted by Livecommander (1112 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: go through any mgs game with a s rank on all missions lol

Mgs had the entire spectrum of difficulties in its franchises

Just in a suttle way. The avg gamer never realizes the amount of options you have in those series

#31 Posted by lebanese_boy (15143 posts) -

I don't understand, is this supposed to be an issue?

#32 Posted by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

@lebanese_boy said:

I don't even understand it either. Easy, Normal, Hard, not sure what's the actual issue and the game isn't out yet. No point in discussing about the difficulty settings cause none of us don't know how the enemy A.I will function.

#33 Posted by lebanese_boy (15143 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@lebanese_boy said:

I don't even understand it either. Easy, Normal, Hard, not sure what's the actual issue and the game isn't out yet. No point in discussing about the difficulty settings cause none of us don't know how the enemy A.I will function.

It's like the people who are against devs adding an easy mode to a game, like what does it change in your life?

#34 Posted by DaVillain- (38139 posts) -

@lebanese_boy said:

It's like the people who are against devs adding an easy mode to a game, like what does it change in your life?

Seriously, this is a single player game alone. I couldn't careless how anyone plays their games on easy or hard, not like I'm gonna tell anyone what settings I'm playing it on. That said, I always start off in Normal mode.

#35 Posted by jeezers (3287 posts) -

Movie mode lol sit back, relax, and let the game play its self.

This game is starting to sound like kojima trying to copy David Cage.

#36 Posted by Pedro (35644 posts) -

Adding easy mode is fine. Adding very easy mode specifically for movie fans is telling me that I can “enjoy” the game on YouTube.??

#37 Posted by clone01 (27548 posts) -

that's fine. more options for more players.

#38 Edited by speedytimsi (980 posts) -

Gamers: How difficult will this game be?

Kojima: Yes!

#39 Posted by Randoggy (3487 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid did have a theater mode but you had to beat the game first.

#40 Posted by sakaiXx (6077 posts) -

Nice. I hope I still able to platinum in the mode. I want to take it easy.

#41 Posted by Zero_epyon (13373 posts) -
@Randoggy said:

Metal Gear Solid did have a theater mode but you had to beat the game first.

MGS all had a very easy mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
#42 Posted by deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01 (25 posts) -

I'll play this when it releases on PC. Don't want to be hold back by ps4's weak ass hardware.

#43 Posted by SUD123456 (5357 posts) -

This just in from Tokyo:

Carrying luggage is a big part of the game, you can take a bath to restore energy or drink Monster energy drinks, you can play a harmonica to the baby, you can nap or give yourself a massage.....walking while carrying luggage simulator. It's a new genre.

LMAO. Total garbage.