deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding title is one of those games that the more we see of it, the less we know. It's no secret that the Kojima Productions debut title is just that ... a secret. What's also a secret is when we'll actually get our hands on this innovative new adventure, though it looks like the creator may have just teased what's to come.

In a recent issue of the Japanese magazine Famitsu, a few of the developers - including Hideo Kojima himself - wrote new year messages to fans. Kojima-san, in true form, kept his vague, but worded in a way that seems to hint at a 2019 release date for Death Stranding. With more and more people coming forward saying that they've gotten their hands on the "mind-blowing" title, a release date announcement being imminent isn't the most absurd thing.

As far as what Hideo Kojima actually said, his new year's message read "Is 2019 the year of the Whale? Please look forward to Death Stranding!" At this point, we'll take anything we can get!

But it's not just a wild connecting of the dots. Whale imagery has been commonly related to the mysterious title since it was first revealed. When the very first teaser trailer dropped back in 2016, a scene showed off a ton of beached whales on the horizon - is Kojima-san teasing what we think he's teasing or does he just have us totally wrapped his finger and loves playing with our emotions? Well ...

0comments

As we've mentioned before, Death Stranding is a total mystery. We've had so many trailers, different character introductions, and stunning revelations of art and still none of us have any idea what the hell is actually going on. Kojima-san is known for his incredible creative energy and for those that have been involved with the project - or have seen a glimpse themselves - the verdict seems to be that this adventure is a total game-changer for the industry.

Looking back at everything we've seen and heard so far, it's hard not to respect Kojima-san's progress. He knows how to tease - how to get fans involved - without giving away too much. He has the perfect hook and we are definitely all baited as we anxiously await official release date news.

We still don't have a release date yet for Death Stranding, but maybe that will be changing soon!

Death Stranding might be added to sony exclusive games this 2019. Sony might win another year in gaming. With exclusive games like Dreams, Babylon's Fall, Days Gone, etc

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

How come it can be out for 2019 when they havenot shown a single gameplay? just cinematic trailers?

its 2020 title.

beside sony aint winning this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@ghosts4ever: they did technically show a gameplay video.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Kojima will delay this game. He doesn't have at least half of the talented people that worked with him on Metal Gear Solid games.(I have a list for that don't want to post it here since it's a huge list of the guys that stayed on Konami.)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

How come it can be out for 2019 when they havenot shown a single gameplay? just cinematic trailers?

its 2020 title.

They did show gameplay during E3 2018, not alot of it, but the gameplay was present at E3 2018. Look like a Metal Gear Solid gameplay from what we saw however.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I don't want to get my hopes up for any of Sony 's big 3 releasing in 2019. I'm prepared for a down year in 2019 and an amazing 2020.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69089 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

its 2020 title.

That's where you are in error. What your saw was "gameplay". LOL.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

2020 will still be impressive release window for the game. I don't see it happening for 2019. I mean you could almost say it will be a rush job if it came out that fast. It will be fine for me if they show one of those pure gameplay cut that demonstrate the mechanics. Unless that e3 walking around demo is all the game is about lol. I hope good or bad there was an attempt at designing something different.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xHedon
Member since 2018 • 293 Posts

2020 on PS4, 2021 on Windows PC

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

2020 it's amazing that nobody knows anything about this game at all.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

If TLOU2 or Death Strandling is released in 2019 they will flop. Not enough content for the game.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts

I seriously doubt it

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I agree OP, they'll prob announce it at the upcoming E3.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mandzilla said:

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19551 Posts

It's a major E3 title from Sony.

Expect it in 2020 at the earliest (and maybe even a few years after that).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

Considering how long this game is taking to make, Konami might have actually been in the right to get rid of Kojima after all. We won't see Death Stranding at this rate until 2020 if ever. By the way, the latest news we have on Death Standing, Kojima has hired the actress Lindsay Wagner from Bionic Woman.

I never watch Bionic Woman, so I hardly know anything about Lindsay Wagner.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8461 Posts

Tease, hype, troll, trailers etc that's all he's good at. In terms of actual gameplay, game design, game mehcanics and writing he's absolutely shit.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 293 Posts

@watercrack445: those are all multiplatform

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Never been a big Kojima fan so not someone concerned with when it releases, I am not assuming this will be something i'd even want to play. That being said, if it is something worth palying, I'd rather that just be what I want out of the game, care less about when it releases.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10360 Posts
@mandzilla said:

my bet is there'll be zero announcements from sony at this year's e3 ;)

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts
@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its 2020 title.

What we're really seeing here, is the Kojima delusion. Oh what a great developer he is, notorious of releasing one pretentious and cryptic trailer after another that's really more obsessed with itself than it is obsessed with pleasing the fans. When it comes out, it might just be an edgy walking simulator with all your Kojima quips, and loads of cutscenes disguised as gameplay.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Macutchi
@jaydan said:
@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its 2020 title.

What we're really seeing here, is the Kojima delusion. Oh what a great developer he is, notorious of releasing one pretentious and cryptic trailer after another that's really more obsessed with itself than it is obsessed with pleasing the fans. When it comes out, it might just be an edgy walking simulator with all your Kojima quips, and loads of cutscenes disguised as gameplay.

what are you basing that on?

DigitalNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DigitalNoodle
Member since 2003 • 321 Posts

I'll be surprised if this game is released in 2020.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jaydan  Online
@Macutchi said:
@jaydan said:
@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its 2020 title.

Opinion.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Macutchi
@jaydan said:
@Macutchi said:
@jaydan said:
@Pedro said:
@ghosts4ever said:

its 2020 title.

Opinion.

so just one death stranding trailer

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jaydan  Online
@Macutchi said:
@jaydan said:
@Macutchi said:
@jaydan said:
@Pedro said:

Opinion.

I've actually seen all of the trailers. Did you only see one of them? There's quite a few more.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Macutchi
@jaydan said:
@Macutchi said:
@jaydan said:
@Macutchi said:
@jaydan said:

Opinion.

I've actually seen all of the trailers. Did you only see one of them? There's quite a few more.

yeah i've only seen one trailer and then the gameplay footage from last year's e3. didn't realise there were more. was just curious why you thought the part of your post which i bolded

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jaydan  Online
@Macutchi said:
@jaydan said:
@Macutchi said:
@jaydan said:

Opinion.

yeah i've only seen one trailer and then the gameplay footage from last year's e3. didn't realise there were more. was just curious why you thought the part of your post which i bolded

"Gameplay," yes we saw gameplay last year; in other words, we watched the character walking around and interacting with the cinematic elements and custcenes.

Yes, we definitely have seen gameplay for this game, and that's exactly where my concerns come in. It's the simple fact Kojima continually boasts cryptic sets for marketing his games without ever giving a clear picture what type of game it's going to be. I think Kojima is one of those few game creators that gets many free-passes in the gaming industry, because he's Kojima.

I am not denying Kojima's name as a legendary game creator, as he's made truly iconic worlds, but I also don't think he is always doing things for the best of his own sake. I think he can get very self-absorbed. I guess that's what happens when you know you're a legend in any capacity.

I think some of his past efforts make me excessively weary on Death Stranding. I worry that it will be more parts an interactive movie than a game with compelling mechanics. I guess as long we're in Kojima-land people will be mesmerized by his wackiness. I'm concerned why we need filmmakers like Guillermo del Toro on this project. Are they trying to get some star power to attract cinema fans? Then who's this for?

I'd like to see Death Stranding do well, but Kojima is irritating as usual.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

Kojima just being kojima

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

The fact that Kojima is already begging people to enjoy Death Stranding should tell you everything you need to know.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if this releases this year. Didn't production get a big help from Sony with the engine saving a ton of time?

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2074 Posts

@jaydan: I'm fine with having lots of cutscenes as long as the story is really immersive and engaging.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Kojima, king of delays and over budgets.

Not likely.

If death stranding releases in 2019 I will abstain from bread for two whole days.