Dead Rising 1 on PS4. UPDATE: Confirmed! And that's not all...

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

https://www.exophase.com/game/dead-rising-ps4/trophies/

Real

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-18-looks-like-the-original-dead-rising-is-headed-to-ps4

original game coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC

and not just the original Dead Rising game, but also Dead Rising 2 & DR2: Off The Record... hmm, wonder if they'll squeeze in that Case West stand alone teaser-demo

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Oh yeah, this never came out on ps3.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17420 Posts

Pretty cool if true, hope they improve the load times.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

This would be a pretty weird release, actually extremely weird to the point that it makes absolutely zero sense. Dead Rising 4 is tied to Xbox One on the console side of things just like 3 was, the first game only released on the 360 and there's been no mention of a re-release of the game for the Xbox One so I'm going with this being bogus.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Does it still hold up? The gore effects are great I mean especially the in-game scenes when companions get eaten but I don't know about the rest, the gameplay particularly.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Doubt it. Last I checked, Dead Rising is still MS-owned and it won't be going to a new platform anytime soon. AFAIK it will forever be exclusive. Unless it was a limited-length contract they made with Capcom. Would be nice if true, I'd love to buy it again on PC.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Doubt it. Last I checked, Dead Rising is still MS-owned and it won't be going to a new platform anytime soon. AFAIK it will forever be exclusive. Unless it was a limited-length contract they made with Capcom. Would be nice if true, I'd love to buy it again on PC.

It came out on Wii.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ant_17

@dynamitecop: Maybe because the Xbox One is getting it by BC. And i heard Dead Rising 4 will come to PS4.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Better late than never. I love this game even though it has so many flaws the sequels fixed, like Otus throwing a shit fit if he gets interrupted. The fat guy who'd always take a group out to scavenge if you didn't bring him food when he wanted. Or worst the escaped convicts that'd respawn in the courtyard even after taking them out, which really should have just acted like a boss the whole time. Not to mention weaker survivors unable to handle themselves in slightest. And it doesn't have the easier crafting system of the others. Yet, it's still a classic worth playing. Hopefully if true they're finally porting this game modern consoles I hope that they fix some of these lingering problems. I hope it's on Xbox One too.

This isn't really that surprising either. Right now Blue Castle / Capcom Vancouver is Capcom's most reliable dev team. Aside from that they really only have the power to remake classics (hence the REmakes). Since that seems to be the pattern with them the last few years, I hope this means that this is likely to happen.

Anyhow, rumor was that Dead Rising 4 might only be a Xbox One timed console exclusive, with a PC release and possible PS4 port a year later. So not surprised if this is true. Doing an original remake might actually help build on the name brand recognition of the series and get people more excited for the new upcoming game. I see a lot of potential in throwing in Dead Rising 3 as well as a bonus to picking up the new game.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

@foxhound_fox: Microsoft doesn't own 'Dead Rising'. The original was remade for the Wii and the sequel came to PS3. Also, 'Dead Rising 4' is confirmed to be a timed-exclusive that will come to PS4 next year.

OT: I'm not surprised. Capcom's probably planning on bringing this game to PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Hopefully they plan on updating the gameplay as well. It's pretty dated.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dynamitecop

@Ant_17 said:

@dynamitecop: Maybe because the Xbox One is getting by BC. And i heard Dead Rising 4 will come to PS4.

@DrRockso87 said:

@foxhound_fox: Microsoft doesn't own 'Dead Rising'. The original was remade for the Wii and the sequel came to PS3. Also, 'Dead Rising 4' is confirmed to be a timed-exclusive that will come to PS4 next year.

OT: I'm not surprised. Capcom's probably planning on bringing this game to PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Hopefully they plan on updating the gameplay as well. It's pretty dated.

It's not confirmed to come to the PlayStation 4, it not being listed as Xbox One/Windows 10 "exclusive" could mean anything, it could mean something as inconsequential as a Steam release so there's no backlash like there was with Dead Rising 3 when it came to Steam.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@DrRockso87 said:

Microsoft owns rights the original Dead Rising. Chop Till You Drop was not Dead Rising. It was a spinoff (all it featured that was the same was characters and setting). Dead Rising 2 was not Dead Rising, Capcom negotiated a deal with MS to bring it to other platforms.

It's one of those games that will likely forever lie in licensing limbo if MS decides not to be generous and give up rights. I remember reading this years ago when Dead Rising 2 came out and everyone wanted the first to come to PS3/PC.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ant_17

@dynamitecop: Why are you talking about DR4? This is about DR1.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dynamitecop

@Ant_17 said:

@dynamitecop: Why are you talking about DR4? This is about DR1.

Are you serious...

@Ant_17 said:

@dynamitecop: Maybe because the Xbox One is getting it by BC. And i heard Dead Rising 4 will come to PS4.

@DrRockso87 said:

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ant_17
@dynamitecop said:

This would be a pretty weird release, actually extremely weird to the point that it makes absolutely zero sense. Dead Rising 4 is tied to Xbox One on the console side of things just like 3 was, the first game only released on the 360 and there's been no mention of a re-release of the game for the Xbox One so I'm going with this being bogus.

You brought it up...

Got no comment on DR1 on PS4?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dynamitecop

@Ant_17 said:
@dynamitecop said:

You brought it up...

Got no comment on DR1 on PS4?

I already did.

@dynamitecop said:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lamprey263

@dynamitecop: I mean, all this rumor has to go on that PS4 achievements showed up, doesn't mean it'd be exclusive to PS4, after all Capcom has been all about the remakes lately and they'd sell themselves short not to at least make this multiplatform, I'd expect it all the same to show up on Xbox One too. The original game did show up on the Wii, almost such a poor substitute of a port it almost doesn't count, but it's there. I don't see why they couldn't port the original to the current gen systems.

I to some extent at least hope it's true. Again I'd expect it to be multiplatform, but even if for some reason they made DR1 a PS4 exclusive, at least it'd help bolster an acceptance for the series. IMO it appears DR3 really got thrown under the bus by many, and it was a fantastic game that was just tons of fun to play, but because of its association with MS/Xbox everybody shat on it every chance they got, even though I'd argue it was maybe the best launch title of any of the three current gen consoles. So, maybe if PS4 gamers at least get to dabble in some Dead Rising action, maybe gamers and critics won't be so quick to shit all over DR4 when it releases as a XBO console exclusive, timed or not.

At the same time though, I too think it'd be stupid of MS not to try to make this series synonymous with Xbox exclusives. I don't know if they're trying to buy exclusivity to the franchise, or handling this on a game-by-game basis. But hey, either way, first and foremost, I just want to see more releases in this series.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DrRockso87

@dynamitecop said:
@Ant_17 said:

@dynamitecop: Maybe because the Xbox One is getting by BC. And i heard Dead Rising 4 will come to PS4.

@DrRockso87 said:

It's not confirmed to come to the PlayStation 4, it not being listed as Xbox One/Windows 10 "exclusive" could mean anything, it could mean something as inconsequential as a Steam release so there's no backlash like there was with Dead Rising 3 when it came to Steam.

No, Microsoft even said themselves that 'Dead Rising 4' is only exclusive to Windows 10 for 30 days and Xbox One for a year. It's coming to PS4 in 2017.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-4-is-a-timed-exclusive-for-xbox-one-an/1100-6440999/

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DrRockso87

@foxhound_fox said:
@DrRockso87 said:

Microsoft owns rights the original Dead Rising. Chop Till You Drop was not Dead Rising. It was a spinoff (all it featured that was the same was characters and setting). Dead Rising 2 was not Dead Rising, Capcom negotiated a deal with MS to bring it to other platforms.

It's one of those games that will likely forever lie in licensing limbo if MS decides not to be generous and give up rights. I remember reading this years ago when Dead Rising 2 came out and everyone wanted the first to come to PS3/PC.

No, Capcom owns the rights to the original 'Dead Rising' game. Microsoft owns the rights to 'Dead Rising 3'.

No, 'Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop' was a remake of the original 'Dead Rising' game. It wasn't a spin-off.

And 'Dead Rising 2' was 'Dead Rising'. It has 'Dead Rising' in the name! How is it not? The DLC is exclusive to Xbox 360. That much is true.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dynamitecop

@DrRockso87 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Ant_17 said:

@DrRockso87 said:

No, Microsoft even said themselves that 'Dead Rising 4' is only exclusive to Windows 10 for 30 days and Xbox One for a year. It's coming to PS4 in 2017.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-4-is-a-timed-exclusive-for-xbox-one-an/1100-6440999/

That's not confirmation of a PlayStation 4 release, it could come, but again that's not confirmation.

It could begin and end with Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam, it could also end with a PlayStation 4 release, but who knows.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrRockso87

@dynamitecop said:
@DrRockso87 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Ant_17 said:

@DrRockso87 said:

That's not confirmation of a PlayStation 4 release, it could come, but again that's not confirmation.

It could begin and end with Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam, it could also end with a PlayStation 4 release, but who knows.

It's pretty much the closest thing to a confirmation there is. I mean, yeah. ANYTHING could happen. Capcom could go bankrupt before they announce a PS4 release or something could go wrong.

But if you're leaning on, "Maybe Capcom just wouldn't feel like doing it after while?" I don't think that's a safe bet. My guess, there's a 99% chance it's coming to PS4. Just like how everyone said, "Just because 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' is confirmed time exclusive doesn't mean it's coming to PS4!"

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

PS4 gets all the games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Ant_17: Maybe because the Xbox One is getting it by BC. And i heard Dead Rising 4 will come to PS4."

Now this I can believe more.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

*shocked*

...not really.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#25 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Heil68: PS4 gets all the games"

It has two of my front runners for GOTY: Uncharted 4 (although I must admit I haven't touched it since we all played MP last, Uncharted 2 SP was better Imo) and Alienation. But it doesn't have Inside as of yet. That is some great stuff. Well and of course it has NOTHING to go up against Warzone Firefight.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#26 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

That would be very strange if true.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

It would be great to see this go multiplat and go on the computer.. Dead Rising was the first game I played that gen on the consoles that felt like a actual next gen game in scope..

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Capcom is such a mess that i wouldn't be surprised if this was true cuz why the f not. Their next game will be RE4 HD 7,0 Edition and that's for 2017.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

Does it still hold up? The gore effects are great I mean especially the in-game scenes when companions get eaten but I don't know about the rest, the gameplay particularly.

It's still the best one of the bunch. The 2nd game went a bit much crippling the tension with your absurd arsenal, and the third game capitulated to the "*cries* please drop the time limiteru" crowd. Dead Rising 1 is still one of the cooler zombie games this medium has had.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2137 Posts

Lemits running around because the xbox is losing all the reasons to keep the shitty box.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Heil68: PS4 gets all the games"

It has two of my front runners for GOTY: Uncharted 4 (although I must admit I haven't touched it since we all played MP last, Uncharted 2 SP was better Imo) and Alienation. But it doesn't have Inside as of yet. That is some great stuff. Well and of course it has NOTHING to go up against Warzone Firefight.

I have to check out that Inside I think

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

wow.... who the hell would get this now if not given away for free from PSN+

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I can't see that happening, but I can see the 1st and maybe the 2nd coming to the Xbone BC list sometime in the next 5 months

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Another DOA game since their fans seem to hate playing old games on their recent console.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hope they get rid of the 72 hour time limit that sucks

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

Definately buying this.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lamprey263

@Ant_17: update the OP, it's happening, "UPDATE: Confirmed! And that's not all..."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-18-looks-like-the-original-dead-rising-is-headed-to-ps4

original game coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC

and not just the original Dead Rising game, but also Dead Rising 2 & DR2: Off The Record... hmm, wonder if they'll squeeze in that Case West stand alone teaser-demo

I'm not sure, I don't think they confirmed DR2 & Off The Record for PC yet, but it'd be strange if these didn't make their way to PC

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I remember grinding those crazy difficult achievements in this game. that was in 2008. Why should i care about this game in 2016? I shouldn't. No one should.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
@silversix_ said:

I remember grinding those crazy difficult achievements in this game. that was in 2008. Why should i care about this game in 2016? I shouldn't. No one should.

I didn't play it, so it might be something for me.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ant_17

@lamprey263: Thanks. All done.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lamprey263

@silversix_ said:

I played it back when they released and still want to play it, I really enjoyed it and definitely didn't think of my experience play it as a chore. And I still need to play Off The Record myself, never did get to play that.

Though, I admit, as far as the first game goes I will be relieved as hell if they if they fix some of the first game's biggest issues, like say the convicts from respawning if beaten, or Otis being difficult to communicate with if interrupted, or improve firearm controls, whatever needs fixing.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Everybody wants to be on PlayStation and I don't blame them.

And to this news... I'm not surprised motha*****.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ant_17

@Legend002 said:

Wonder why Nya isn't here...

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Cows like DR? Could have fooled me.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

<-- Me, still being shocked.

But, not really.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dynamitecop

@Ant_17 said:
@Legend002 said:

Because I just worked 13 hours, also what would me being here have to do with anything?

P.S. Finally on PC, thank christ.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ant_17

@dynamitecop said:
@Ant_17 said:

Because I just worked 13 hours, also what would me being here have to do with anything?

Wow, didn't even tag you...

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dynamitecop

@Ant_17 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Ant_17 said:

Wow, didn't even tag you...

Wouldn't it be a weird thing if people read threads and the posts contained within?