Dead Cells - New updates throughout next year!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22772 Posts

https://nintendosoup.com/dead-cells-content-updates-and-dlc-coming-throughout-next-year/

New monster, weapons, dlc and more throughout 2020!

Are you still playing the one and true GOTY from 2018? Dead Cells looks to be deadlier soon...

I can't imagine someone passing this game up when I scroll past it in the e-store. Why haven't you jumped in if you haven't already?!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

Say whhaaaaa.

Awesome. Love the game. Have not completed a single run yet, though. Have about 30 hours of gametime, I think.
Both Rogue Legacy and Binding of Isaac was a cakewalk to get a full run in compared to this game..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@TheEroica: Do you recommend Dead Cells? Is it really that good?

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

Thats cool and all, but did they change how the health flask system works?

I played yesterday for the first time in a while and was doing well, then I get to the first boss, took some damage and tried to potion up and I didn't have any. If I had known that going in I would have played more carefully. I died and had to start over lol

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

@davillain-: If you like roguelikes, you should indeed play Dead Cells. One of the bests.

@Star67 said:

I played yesterday for the first time in a while and was doing well, then I get to the first boss, took some damage and tried to potion up and I didn't have any. If I had known that going in I would have played more carefully. I died and had to start over lol

No..

You want them to change the health flask because you didn't have any left on the boss on your last run? What..? Try making sure you have any left before trying to heal next time? :P You can clearly see that it's empty if it's empty. You get to refill the flask everytime you get to a new level, if you didn't know that..

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEroica  Moderator

@davillain-: Dead Cells is one of maybe 3 games I played last year where the player experience is clearly the highest priority.

Nothing gets stale... Its a rogue with different weapon sets every run, branching paths that lead to different mysteries and powerups, all randomly generated on each run... Because they took the time to shine the exquisite 2d action platforming to another level of polish, they have created a game that really never gets old... Just.... One.... More..... Run....

Great bosses, great weapons, great levels... Yeah, it's the "Great Summerizer" which is a term that once described Johann Sébastien Bach. He didn't create something new, but he demonstrated what was there on a level never before seen...

Dead cells is the JS Bach of 2d platformers. Please get it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@Litchie: @TheEroica: Thanks you guys. Bull rush on my next PC game purchase :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I'm waiting for it to get on humble bundle lol

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I haven't played it for a while, but Dead Cells is awesome! Good news.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

@Litchie said:

@davillain-: If you like roguelikes, you should indeed play Dead Cells. One of the bests.

@Star67 said:

No..

You want them to change the health flask because you didn't have any left on the boss on your last run? What..? Try making sure you have any left before trying to heal next time? :P You can clearly see that it's empty if it's empty. You get to refill the flask everytime you get to a new level, if you didn't know that..

I did fill up, then I got to the first boss and it all went away. I don't know if it was a glitch or what. I thought maybe the update affected boss fights

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheEroica  Moderator

@getyeryayasout: I played this morning after a little hiutus to clean up some other games... Forgot how the game makes you feel so in control one minute and bitch slapped the next...

Definitely not a game for the weak minded if you expect to go far.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheEroica  Moderator

@davillain-: no problem... If you consider $ per hours played, Dead Cells is a bargain at twice its price.. She'll be with you a long time.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator

New patch dropped today! Balancing, and new mode! Get yer yayas out!